Review of Singtel Wavee

Tel: 1465460113
customerservice@shoebacca.com

lizabethj
1/18/11

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT participate in this online auction scam of a company. Once you register, you have spent the money, regardless of whether you ever win any auction for any amount. For all we know, they have a room full of low paid employees pushing the "BID NOW" buttons to keep the bidding process going and every time you bid your credits are used and if you don't win the auction --which is more than likely the outcome of your efforts--you will have used up all of the credits you purchased with your credit card on just the bidding process. I wasted $48 and am very angry at myself for not investigating WAVEE at this or a similar site before giving them my credit card information. The "customer service" reps that answer the phone (when they are not in the other room bidding!!) are no help whatsoever and the other postings speak to that issue. No refunds, no apologies, no "supervisor". Enough said. DO NOT JOIN IN WITH THIS ONLINE SCAM WHATEVER YOU DO! Why they haven't been shut down is a mystery to me!

larav
1/17/11

I was frustrated by lack of information on the site, they just want you to sign-up, no clear explanation. Fortunately I don't do anything unil I understand detail so I resisted temptation to go after a wii auctioning at $61. I watched a while and started adding up how much one guy was spending on each bid, each time his name came up I added $0.75 to the price he'd have to pay and didn't like what I saw as he had spent quite a lot of money bidding. He must of bid at least 20 to 30 times and the auction kept re-setting so he was down 20 to 30 without any guarantee he would win with 10 people still bidding. I calculated the profit this site was making watching the bids fly and the auction price yet to be paid and it disgusted me so much I decided to do more research. I found this site as was so grateful, I learnt from people who had been burnt, it confirmed my instinct and I appreciate you all sharing. I will stay away, even just the principal of the site, I can't support any company making these ridiculour profits and worse, not following through on something they made so much money off, they should gladly be shipping something they made such a big profit off of.

yolandab1
1/13/11

An utterly corrupt, misleading business. Save your precious time and hard-earned money. They like to slyly charge credit cards for astronomical amounts and then tell you they will refund you but never follow through.

Just reported them to the BBB, please do the same! It's no wonder they have only a D+ rating by them.

kellyc7
1/6/11

this site is great!!!! for all you so called customer service reps at wavve!!!!! You suck!!!! I hope you sleep at night knowing that you guys constantly rip people off!!! I ordered a xbox for my son on december 7 2010 and it clearly says that it can take 2-3 weeks for processing and then 2-4 for shipping!!! LOL!!! Its been a month and i still havent recieved it. Now they say it will be delivered on January 20, 2011 what a joke i will never use this auction again... what a scam!!!!!

jerryz
1/6/11

Don't recommend anyone use this site for bidding. You will see automatic charges to your credit card for "credits" which are non-refundable and "can" be used during the bidding process (maybe). A new low in internet bidding sites.

chucks
12/30/10

I have read many reviews from unhappy Wavee.com users. The most common comments were "It's a Scam" and "I didn't know they were going to bill my credit card right away". When I visited the site, I simply watched for a while to see what the "protocol" was. I read the agreement terms in detail and was prepared to spend the initial (non-refundable) $75 for 120 bid tokens (they call credits) just to see if I could get in on some of the apparent "Deals" that were shown. I signed up, they billed my CC for the $75 and I began bidding. I started slow, bid on a few "credit packs" to increase my pool of credits. I won an additional 120 credits, spending less than 20 of my initial credits in the process. So now, armed with just over 220 credits, I started bidding on real items. I won a Black & Decker Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder valued at $19.95 for 75 cents and spent 12 credits in the process (free credits so far). I then won a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router valued at $79.99 for $1.75 which took 20 credits (still working on the free ones). OK, time to move up to the big stuff... I began bidding on an Apple MacBook Air computer. This is where things got a bit tougher. There are many more people bidding on the "high ticket" items than there were for the previous ones. To make a very long story short, I spent a total of 32 hours on the site (getting a bit of sleep at intervals along the way), I blew the credits I had accumulated and had to buy 120 more for an additional $75 because I wasn't about to give up on the time and money I had invested thus far. I finally DID WIN the MacBook Air, valued at $1,199.00 for $347.17 and it took almost all of my remaining credits to win. I saved over $700 in all but the experience was a lesson learned. It takes a great deal of time (the higher cost item, the more time you need to allocate), LOTS of patience, credits and yes, lots of LUCK to win. You have to be smart in your bidding (I laid back in the weeds for a long time, waiting until the savings reached 60% before bidding heavily) and above all, you really need to be LUCKY so that everyone else gives up before you do. Now that I've used my credits, I'm done with Wavee.com and the stress and hassle that goes along with trying to win things for a great price. Was it worth my time? Well... the jury is still out on that one. I have received the Coffee Grinder, I expect the Router within the next couple of days, and if the MacBook Air arrives within the next week or so, then the whole experience will ALMOST be worth it. I won't be using Wavee.com ever again so in hindsight, maybe it wasn't. My advice to you: Be aware of what you're getting yourself in to before you start. Good Luck!

angief1
12/29/10

My daughter bid on several items and had the same experiences as many of you. when she won a bid on an item and paid very little like a penny or two, she would get the error message that she was not signed in and she was. This happened every time. She won several items as follows:

Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 10-credit Bid Bundle 01/04/2011 $0.76
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 15-credit Bid Bundle 01/04/2011 $1.23
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 5-credit Bid Bundle 01/04/2011 $0.60
Processing - won 11-19-10 Auction PurchaseElizabeth Arden Sunflowers est. ship date 01/04/2011 $1.00
Processing - won 11-28-10 Auction PurchaseMicrosoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 50... estimated ship date 12/27/2010 $4.27
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 30-credit Bid Bundle 12/20/2010 $0.10
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 30-credit Bid Bundle 12/20/2010 $0.15
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 15-credit Bid Bundle 12/20/2010 $0.05
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 30-credit Bid Bundle 12/20/2010 $4.70
Processing - won 11-19-10 Auction PurchaseApple iPod shuffle 2 GB NEWEST MODEL ... estimated ship date 12/20/2010 $2.94
Processing - won 11-19-10 Auction PurchaseFellowes Office Suites Adjustable Hei... estimated ship date 12/20/2010 $0.03
Processing - won 11-19-10 Auction PurchaseOlympus T-100 Point & Shoot Digital C... estimated ship date 12/20/2010 $14.91
Processing - won 11-19-10 Auction PurchaseApple iPod shuffle 2 GB NEWEST MODEL ... estimated ship date 12/20/2010 $3.01
Complete - Auction PurchaseWavee 30-credit Bid Bundle 12/17/2010 $0.24
Complete - 120 Credits Purchase 12/17/2010 $75.00
I have copied this from my daughter's order history so you can see from the very beginning the only items that show completed today 12-29-10 are the transactions where they are COLLECTING MONEY. None of the items WON have been received and there has been no contact from this company explaining why they cannot provide the won merchandise. I called them and was told that the two Apple Ipod Nanos are there most poplar items and they are unable to get them even though they are ordering 20,000 daily. They are still putting this item up for bid even though their suppliers cannot fill their orders. Why would they allow people to bid on items that are non-existent. Think about it. They are scamming people. WARNING - DO NOT BID ON WAVEE.COM UNLESS YOU LIKE GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY AND EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN!

billj6
12/23/10

This website is a scam and they take your money and don't deliver product. You have to give them money to bid on items but it takes your money whether you win the bid or not. I bid on one product and by the time the bidding stopped I had spent over $20.00 to try and win the bid and the product ended up costing more than retail.
I will never go to this site to purchase anything again.

elliem
12/22/10

Even the fine print is misleading. When they tell you the bid is .75 cents, I was actually charged $75.00, and didn't even place a bid. My bank is working with me to have the credited back to may account. $#@! TERRIBLE

dawnw3
12/20/10

There are two thing wrong with this site shipping and that it can not hold connection.

The second issue is great if you are the last bidder but if you want to bid more but your kicked off and you can't make it back in 10sec then you lose the item and all the credits you used to get the item they say sorry give you a few credits and be thankful.

The other part I have a problem with is shipping.

They say they ship with in 10day and send e-mail with tracking info. After item is sent and takes about 4 days to arrive.

It has been a month scene I won the item and they have not arrived. They tell me they were sent on the 9th of Dec and it is ups fault that I have not received them. I said "if ups arrived at my house they would have left a note to pick up at there office or when they would be back." Yeah right, out of million of times delivering item they just forgot these item and deliver the other items from other stores, right. Please am I stupid.

The one item I did receive from them is not what I won but a substitute, because it would take two month to get the item that I won and I wanted to give it for a Christmas gift. The item I won was worth $80 and the item they shipped was worth $70 no credits added to my account to make up for the lost no gift card to make up the difference. This is called bate and switch.

Oh, and on top of that I look at there site and they were still selling the item to other people.

Now I am waiting for thing and nothing has arrived. I call them thieves, they say there not thieves but in my opinion what else can they be. They take your money and give nothing in return. And tell you to wait.

jesss2
12/20/10

NOTHING IS GOOD ABOUT THIS SITE. OK SO EVEN IF YOU DO PAY THE $75 OR $250 THAT THEY DO NOT OUR RIGHT TELL YOU ABOUT, DID ANY ONE NOTICE THAT EVERY TIME SOMEONE MAKES A BID( THAT COST $.75 IN ITSELF) THE TIMER GOES UP 20 SECS......SO IN THEORY THE AUTION COULD GO ON FOR HOURS!!!!!!!!
DONT GIVE THEM YOUR CEDIT CARD!!!!!!!!

mariod
12/20/10

Rip off!!!! You are teased with these unbelievable 30-80% off deals on the hottest new devices. You sign up and immediately have to pay $150!!! The only way to "win" and item is if you stay up all night like some obsessed fool and keep bidding, but you better hope your internet connection doesn't slow down cause your then screwed. Thousands up people sign up and pay for credits but only few win!! RIP OFF!

garyr7
12/7/10

It's a scam that somebody is getting rich off of. I purchased 80 credits for $48.00 to bid with on the site. I bid on one Item for several hours got nothing. So it cost me $.60 for each pennie bid that I made. You do the math. It will cost you $60.00 to bid up one Dollar on a Item. I leaned the hard way! It would be cheaper to go buy it at a REAL Store. Hope this helps somebody else from getting took.

mistys
11/30/10

DONT FALL INTO THIS SCAM... 75.00 OUT OF MY BANK In Like 5 min Didnt Bid On ANYTHING..AFTER RAISING CAIN WITH MY BANK THEY GAVE MY 75.00 BACK BUT SAID IF WAVEE SHOWS THEM PROOF THAT I SIGN SOMETHING THEN THEY WILL TAKE THE 75.00 BACK BUT EVEN A SUPERVISOR FROM MY BANK COULDNT SEE WHERE THEY SAY THEY WILL CHARGE YOU 75.00 DOLLERS. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHERE IT SAYS THAT IN THERE AGREEMENT AND I ALSO COULDNT GET A HOLD OF ANYONE THROUGH WAVEE. SO PEOPLE WATCH OUT FOR THESE CROOKS.

paulr17
11/29/10

Wavee now "hides" a $75 charge for 120 bid credits in the "Terms of Usage Agreement" (they claim), and they assert that you authorized the charge when the "check" the "Agree" box. Dont ask me where it is cause I've never been able to find it when I reread the "Terms". Can't believe they expect you to spend $75 prior to even seeing an auction!!! Guess they gave up on the $179 2nd page sign-up and looks like the scam now starts on the first page...can't believe they are so GREEDY!! Avoid this site like the pox!!!!

maddyb
11/27/10

Anything is a scam if there are chances that you may never win ! I am hypothetically assuming that Wavee is a genuine website without any in house or dummy bidders from the company side for my analysis below. There following points (from the Terms and Conditions page) about this site suggest that the chances you win are meagre:

1.) Credits expire in 6 months of purchase. By that time if you don't figure out how to win or if there are too many people bidding then your money is gone even if you want to use it for a later time.
2.) Soon the situation will be that the site is so popular that you have very less chance on any auction and hence you don't bid and Wavee makes all the money (6 month time limit).
3.) Wavee can limit number of auctions you can take part, hence youre chances of winning are limited
4.) Wavee can limit the number of auctions you have won. Means if you win 20 auctions. Wavee can say hey you have won enough, stop!
5.) There are no instant auctions for big items. Auctions for big items are scheduled. You can't setup a auction at 2:30 am and have only yourself on a 500$ item auction.
6.) They may replace the item which was in the auction with a equivalent product, if they don't have the original item with them. If you put a Panasonic HDC-HS60 on auction and give a JVC as a replacement, why will I bid again?
7.) If you win a auction but don't pay up for the product, your account may be terminated or you may face legal action (this may apply to even Wavee Bid Bundles for new members)
8.) I cannot check Auctions ended before 7 days prior to today. If I don't find my product in those 7 day auctions then how will I build my strategy for the next auction of that product.
9.) There is no limit on how much you can bet for a auction. Today I saw a member who spent $668.25 on bids and has to pay an extra bid amount of $135.61 ($803.86 in total) for the item priced at $299.99! .See the details below. If there can maniacs like this who will go to any extent to win (maybe thinking they will win big in another auction or are downright dumb) then can me or you win ?

XBox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle
Retail Value: $299.99

Final Bid: $135.61
Cost of Bids: $668.25
Total Cost: $803.86

10.) Last but the easiest point is that they don't have mazon.com or Macys gift cards. After all the members on the site are shoppers. Wavee has only a lousy $25 Starbucks gift card and a Wavee gift card. If Wavee doesnt have any products in its inventory as the order statusses on many winners suggest then we are buying fake stuff with real money!

On the other hand, I never put my CC details on the website still got the 5 free credits. Once you sign up with out giving your CC information anywhere, login and click on your user name at the top of the site. You will be taken to a web page to edit your profile. A link there will ask you your telephone numner and a verification code will be sent to your phone using which you can claim 5 free credits !

I agree with the point that this is nothing but gambling. If you want to play think a lot, watch for few days then take the stage.

sparkyk
11/26/10

I thought this would be a good idea to get a tv for a bargain. IT IS A SCAM!!! Was unable to by anything!! They stole $75.00 from my credit card.

lisam19
11/24/10

They make you think that if you register you get 5 free credits valued @ .75 ea..once your credit card is entered you get charged 75.00 it is a scam!

clairek1
11/22/10

I guess I got "lucky" by only being charged the inital $48 for bid credits. What gets me is all bids seem to go through, except the ones where you could possibly win; then you get a "bid cannot be processed..you are not logged in", when of course I am (how could I bid if I wasn't?) I did the math on the bids, and this company makes $15,000 if the bids total $200.00, minus the cost of what someone "wins". Since there is absolutely no way to check if the "winner" is a real person, this site has my vote as one of the biggest scams going. Wish I would have found this site before I spent my $48! I find the most amazing part of this whole thing is that nobody will do anything to stop this kind of fraud; you can file all the complaints in the world and drive yourself crazy about it, but in the end, no government agency that COULD do anything about it will. We're on our own, and I guess the old saying "Let the buyer beware" still holds true.

edythl
11/19/10

DON'T REALLY HAVE ONE RIGHT KNOW WANTED TO SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE THINKING? hOPING i DIDN'T ALREADY WASTE MY $50.00.

jimw5
11/17/10

Horrible website. You think you are getting a good deal but they are scamming you in the end. STAY AWAY! You don't get the value they say.... please stay away!!!!

lewisw
11/17/10

It's very questionable. Very good promotion.
Lack of clarity about whether you just purchased credits or the item

dieselc
11/13/10

They took $75 from me just for registering to see how it works, which is supposed to be free. I bid on nothing, I purchased nothing. I got nothing but trouble. (PS Customer no-service is week days only! ) Stay away from Wavee.com!

marye6
11/6/10

I signed up for the auction because it offered 350 FREE points. I played around on the site for a couple of days, never buying anything. I just got my credit card bill & they billed me $179 for the 350 points. I immediately disputed the charge after trying to contact the company (their office is closed on weekends). No way I'm paying for this fraudulent charge.

rayd
11/2/10

FTC Complaint number 28148601 has been filed. More complaints will be files.

A class action suit can also be filed against this online company.

Wavee.com also use fake news sites with fake testimonials to advertise: http://www.scamraiders.com/forum/topics/swipebids-are-scam-artists?commentId=3175695:Comment:18343&xg_source=msg_com_forum Report them to the FTC: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

By Mike H.
Questions? Get answers from the Singtel Wavee staff and other customers.

Singtel Wavee?