Review of Wag.com

customercare@wag.com
2017 Customer choice award

camilaf3
9/5/18

Quite often I manage to get a good product at discounts and it's nice. I am not a frequent visitor to the site, but I am satisfied with the purchases

mrjc
5/30/18

They sell quality products and it is the main thing. Also they do have good prices. I think I'll order here again

steveh288
4/12/18

Highly recommended, this site has a price and selection unlike any other, cant find what you want locally, go here and get it!

pattye17
12/3/17

Their customer service and care of our animals is 5 star. They are punctual and the employees are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the animals. They always send a little report with photos. If you are away from home, rest assured that you will feel comfortable while they care for your pets.

darlenel24
10/20/17

I have ordered from this company previously. They have great prices on certain items, but not everything. You have to check prices everywhere carefully.

ge7485
12/7/16

I used to LOVE wag.com - that was more than 5 years ago. In the past few years - I noticed a steep decline in their customer service coupled with how terribly they packed my items. Recently - the last straw has been their shipping. They used to ship so reliably - but, switched to OnTrac and that was the worst decision ever. I placed an order over 10 days ago and with 2 day shipping it has yet to arrive. They have sent 2 "replacement" orders and they never arrive either. What a joke!!!! I just want my money back!!!!

abigailr9
11/28/16

I buy things from Wag.com from time to time. And I always feel like this online shop do their best to help me. There are things they can improve but I am satisfied with their services and products.

debbied60
10/1/16

I have been using wag for years! I placed an order Sept 19 for my dogs special food due to allergies! This was sent to Florida address we have not been at in almost 2 years. I have no idea why ,it was my address in Illinois on order! Apology said would ship another order right away. Next thing I hear another week later is somehow this order including case of canned food was damaged! Will send another order, today I called begging them where is it! So sorry again damaged. It was obvious they did not want to pay for order that they messed up in Florida so kept this up till my dog has no allergy free food! Will never use this expensive site again after years. Use Chew much more responsible and friendly! Stay away from Wag.com .

heidiw14
9/6/16

This web site is on the very expensive side in terms of product cost. I can purchase the same items that Wag sells at much lower prices at my local pet supply chain store or at Chewy.com.

I placed my first order with Wag several years ago. The package took forever to arrive. I feared it was lost in the mail and I couldn't track it online. I called the Wag customer service number. The CSR was pleasant, but could not locate my package in transit. Therefore, he re-ordered the same items I had purchased and (of course) did not charge me for them a second time.

Eventually, both packages arrived, and therefore, I received duplicates of all items for the price of one of each. That was a great thing. However, since then, my orders with Wag were problematic. Often, their coupon codes didn't work, the codes were very restrictive, or there were other issues with my orders. I had called the customer service line on another occassion. The CSR I spoke with was gregarious and outgoing. He was reviewing my order on his end while we were on the phone. I was put off, however, by his commenting on the contents of my order. He said things like, "I see you purchased X. I personally prefer Y".

Generally speaking, Wag is mostly efficiently-run and good with customers. However, their prices now border on outrageous. I haven't shopped at that web site in quite some time. I doubt that I will ever shop at Wag again.

pamelaf18
4/24/16

Been a customer for years over 50 orders in past 3 years. Not anymore when I can get the same from Amazon or Walmart. And a lot cheaper! Plus last order has yet to arrive so I am out 50 bucks because they cannot package a simple shipment of cat little so it's not damaged. FedX sent it back twice now and Wag never even told me. What a rip off. As for customer service the prices went up and customer services went off shore and really down hill! Most new reviews are not positive maybe the CEZo will catch on!

barbb6
3/15/16

I recommend their auto-ship program for its convenience and price discount. For an online shopping site, their service is excellent: I can always get someone on the phone. The one downside is that sometimes they run out of products, and there is really no warning about when that happens. . .and then the dog has no food, which can necessitate an unplanned run to the pet food store.

briannew1
2/25/16

I always have a choice where to buy stuff for my pet. I tried also a lot of store to try the service and product itself - what I love most here is the quality service

maryg113
11/27/15

This store is great because for those of us who have a mini zoo at home it can be daunting buying all types of food and when a store stops carrying what you need it is depressing. I think the future of online pet needs is clearly online.

beverlyp17
10/15/15

I do shop for my animals online from time to time. Sometimes I just can't handle the hassle of hauling pet food so having it delivered is a huge convenience. I wait until they send me a coupon for free shipping or 20% off and then I stock up.

johnc391
10/7/15

Been using Wag.com for high end pet foods (Wellness brand). During the summer of 2015, HUGE price increases. Called Wellness directly and was assured that the price increase was not manufacturer's increase; simply a retail decision. Switched to chewy.com for the same identical since July of this year, have saved almost $200.00. Recommend switching to the more reasonable chewy.com for substantial savings.

davew73
9/7/15

A safe shopping website!

pegn1
9/3/15

I do not live near any pet superstores and my cats need premium cat food or they get sick. Been shopping on Wag for a couple years.

bv17
7/9/15

Certain things are pricey, but certain things are very cheap! I order dog food from them in bulk and have never had a problem. A shipment or two had been late but thats the fault of the carrier. Since I re-order BEFORE I run out everything was fine. They apologized and even sent me a free bag with two day shipping! They have polite, professional customer service skills and are very respectful

Tip for consumers: They have fair policies about returns, of course they wont accept something you opened. How do you expect them to reseal and sell the unused portion to someone?

elizabetha34
5/2/15

wag.com prices are not competitive, make sure to search other sites/stores before purchase because others sell the exact same items at 30%~50% lower price. Flat rate shipping 7.99$ also ridiculously high (free shipping if $49+ but really hard to fill up to that # because everything is more expensive than other retailers), I do not recommend this website.

tonyam5
4/16/15

After the overwhelming experience of euthanizing our 13 year old dog I needed to return her food. I didn't expect to return the food that we had opened and used. However they will not return canned food if the plastic on the out side of the case has been opened. I had a full case of food but because I removed the plastic packaging they won't return it! How ridiculous!

dorothyr9
2/12/15

I love the ability too constantly reorder my vet meds, pet foods and other pet needs like the toys my dog is always destroying. I can see never going to a pet store again!

sarahg56
1/18/15

I bought what I thought was a 23.5 lb bag of dog food. It was supposed to be $53 as that is what their listing stated the price was for and the small bag at $23. When I got the food it was the small bag and I was charged for the big bag according to their site. when I inqured about it they ignored what I had saw and said that the food was that much for that size and the big bag was $80+. This put me in a tight spot financially as I had to buy a $70+ bag of food in 2 weeks. I tried getting them to give me an in-store credit for $30 and I would use it towards a big bag of food in a week. But they didn't care about my business I guess because they wouldn't work with me. I have had positive experiences with them as well, like getting food and my dog being very allergic to it and they would give me credit for it. They are also associated with vine.com and soap.com, I used to buy my house cleaners and laundry detergent from them and they were great if any of your item leaked or broke during shipping. I figured they would have been nicer about the dog food incident since I have spent so much money with them and even told others about their site to get a great deal on method household cleaners. I have been using other sites to get my cleaners and dog/cat food.

maryg72
6/26/14

Easily one of the best pet stores online. I get my heartguard here and pretty much everything else I need too. Prices are fair, not super cheap, but very fair.

margareti2
4/16/14

helenl32
4/6/14

So reliable in their shipping, they have never messed up an order for me and I hate taking my dog to the pet store as he goes nuts there. Fun to shop online for him.

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Wag.com staff and other customers.

Wag.com?