Review of Verbling

SF, California 94110, USA
support@verbling.com

shanem124
9/12/18

I have been with Verbling scince 2016 and cannot fault the platform from a tutors point of view, so much so that I have chosen to work exclusively with Verbling and not aquire further students via other platforms as is common practice.

However ....

The support has been good previously, BUT I am writing this review as a very unhappy client of their support services which up to this point right now have been for all intense purposes non-existent.
No way to contact them other than the chat function - where you are curtly told to use the email address.
The email address returns an automated response, and now .... still waiting!! (over a week)

A financial service provider who is used by us has also expressed dismay at not being able to get a response and their business is significantly larger than mine with Verbling.

I do not normally write reviews and usually they are of the positive kind, unfortunately it seems the support services which have been praised on this site are in my case no where to be found.

Whats going on ? This is supposed to be a cutting edge tech startup !?!

jasnan1
4/12/18

I have been teaching on Verbling for 18 months now and it has been one of the most rewarding experience for me. My students come from all over the world and are incredible people.

What sets Verbling so much higher than other platforms is the support you get from the administrators. They respond to any issues quite quickly and the tone is always so friendly.

I am so lucky I found Verbling.

Tip for consumers: Verbling is the place to be for languages.

rb85
7/23/16

I was the user who had the unreliable tutor Giulia but Verbling subsequently responded to my complaint the following week and fixed the situation properly. Giulia is no longer on Verbling and since then I have worked with two very good tutors.

I am writing this new 5 star review to balance out the 1 star review I previously wrote in despair. In fairness, after using Verbling for two months, I now would highly recommend Verbling for language tutoring.

Response from Marcella D., Verbling Representative
I am so sorry that Giulia missed your lesson! When such an unfortunate event occurs, there are two ways to reach a solution: reporting an issue with your lesson and/or reaching out to Verbling Support. Reporting an issue sends a notification to your teacher, enabling them to either unschedule your lesson so you can schedule it once again, or issue you an immediate refund in Verbling credit. And, if you click on the blue question mark button in the bottom of your Verbling screen, you can contact Verbling Support for prompt assistance handling the problem. I am glad our Verbling Support team was able to resolve your particular problem by responding to your support email and issuing you a refund in Verbling credit. Please reach out to us if you need additional assistance.
sued34
1/13/16

There is no way of contacting them directly NEVER a good sign

Response from Marcella D., Verbling Representative
Hi Sue! You can reach Verbling Support by clicking on the question mark bubble in the lower right corner of every Verbling page. In the popup screen, please click "Contact Support" or browse the FAQs to see if your particular questions has already been answered. You can also reach us directly by emailing support@verbling.com. Thanks, Sue!
georgeq7
12/1/13

Verbling will destroy rosetta stone. Nothing beats learning language from a real tutor rather than learning from some lame series of CDs that cost you over $500. I am just starting the process of hiring a tutor and for $19 a month it really cannot be beat. I would much rather learn from a real person than from a CD. This will revolutionize the entire language industry and I hope to master chinese and japanese in a couple years.

Hi Greg, we'd love to receive an application from you. We welcome teacher applications at https://www.verbling.com/teach.

By Marcella D., Verbling Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Verbling staff and other customers.

Verbling?