Review of Unfitted.co.uk

Tel: 01608 650065
info@unfitted.co.uk

vals39
5/16/18

Everything we wanted was incorporated into the design, perfect colour matching and styles (Mark revisited us twice to make sure that the colours we had initially selected were going to match the rest of the house after I had a nervous moment.
Everyone has been very helpful.

kerryd24
10/25/17

We were completely clueless when we embarked on a major renovation of our kitchen. We had very little in the way of ideas to make the rather awkward space work for our family and were more than a little apprehensive about the disruption and costs involved.

We had several companies out to do surveys, Unfitted came highly recommended and now we can see why. It was a no-brainer that we would choose them to carry out the work.

The surveyor that came to see us was incredibly professional and knowledgable. We were instantly put at ease. We felt really included throughout the entire design process and despite the difficulties with the space we had to work with the design we ended up with was absolutely perfect. They managed to incorporate the listed features within the room seamlessly.

The workmanship is second to none, the attention to detail is outstanding. Rather than bolting a new kitchen on to an old property that would look tired and dated in a few years it feels like we have genuinely added something beautiful that will continue to be beautiful for generations to come.

We have a young family so the thought of being without a kitchen and all the mess and distruption was daunting to say the least but they made the whole process incredibly easy and the fitters were exceptionly organised and tidy.

There are cheaper options available but they do not give the same value for money.

We really couldn't be happier and will recommend Unfitted to everyone that asks, and frequently those that don't.

carab12
10/22/17

We thought we were buying a solid wood kitchen, it is not, far from it. The list of errors and problems that we have with our kitchen is too long for me to write. We've been left with a kitchen that doesn't fit the space correctly, incorrect handles, wonky drawers etc etc etc. They have stopped communicating with us now! The people are nice, but I wanted a really good solid wood kitchen and what I've got is an absolute joke.

lc109
9/4/17

In August 2016, I requested a site visit to measure for a run of kitchen units, which I had already designed myself using the online design tool, so only measurements would need to be taken. I asked for samples of the door and handles that I had chosen to be brought out so that I could be sure I was happy with my choices and that they would go with the design scheme for the room. I anticipated agreeing the materials, having the measurements checked and signing off on an order very soon afterwards.

Mark the Director came out with none of the samples requested, despite me having been told that he has all of the samples in his car. He mentioned an alternative work surface which I said I would consider, but wanted him to quote the price for it so that I could decide once I had a total price for everything. After the visit he emailed me to request that I confirm the order for the cabinets as soon as possible but did not include a price for the work surface. This quotation he said would follow soon. I was not happy to place an order for cabinets without knowing the price for the work surface (and therefore the total cost) and so did not pay any deposit at this time. The quotation for the work surface never came and I started to lose faith in this company. I decided to look at work surfaces myself that would tie in with the design I was after but I would have preferred for everything to be supplied together. Perhaps I should have listened to my gut instinct then.
A year later having purchased a sink and tap and decided on the type of work surface I wanted I tried again. I phoned Unfitted and asked for another visit, this time with the door and handle samples that were missing the previous year. I explained how frustrated I had been by the previous visit when the samples were not brought and said that it was imperative this time that they were supplied in order not to waste their or my time. I was assured they would be brought.
Mark again visited our home (by now it was early August 2017) and once again failed to bring the samples! The door, he explained, he does not have a sample of and the handles were in the process of being changed over to a different supplier so were not yet available - I was furious to have wasted another visit when they could have told me the samples were not available before they came out and I could have waited until the new handles were in stock and could be brought with him. Furthermore, I asked Mark to double check the measurements for the units before he left (having already measured for the same units the year before) only for him to announce that they would not fit in the allotted space (which had not changed)! So had I placed my order the previous year the units would have been completely useless!
I was by now very keen to get units ordered from somewhere as so much time had elapsed so I asked Mark to send me handle samples before committing, which he said would be available within the next week. All I received was an email thanking me for my order (I hadn't at that point placed an order), together with an order confirmation and a request that I let him know when the deposit had been paid. I reiterated my request for samples of the handles and they did then arrive a week later. I was pleased that I asked for the samples as they were not the colour I was hoping for and so I phoned Unfitted to say that I would supply the handles and also to discuss the fact there was a sink on the confirmation of order that I no longer wanted (having purchased one elsewhere). I was told that no-one but Mark could help me but that he was out of the office most of that week. I was assured that he had his laptop with him which had all of my details on and that they would pass on my number and ask him to call me. THREE weeks later I received another email from Mark asking whether I was going to progress the order or not!
I emailed back to explain some of the communication issues I had had and that I had been waiting for him to call for 3 weeks. He phoned the next day (today) and there was no apology for any of the delays or lack of contact. Clearly this lack of communication is not seen as unacceptable. When I expressed my concern at what had happened he was totally dismissive and claimed the sink that was listed on my confirmation of order (and that I no longer wanted) was not included in the total price on the order as it was merely listed to tie in with a type of unit I had selected which would need a sink. No change in price was therefore due. When I then tried to understand this by saying that had I placed the order I would have expected the listed sink to be delivered and that was he therefore providing a free sink he refused to acknowledge why it was misleading. More alarm bells were ringing. He then proceeded to say that this was a "small order" as if the size of the order should have any bearing on the level of customer service and communications that should be received and I finally acknowledged my gut instinct and we agreed to go our own ways.
I now see all of the other issues with Mark and this company that others have had - dreadful communication, poor measuring, etc and would definitely not recommend dealing with this company based on our and others experiences. I feel we have had a lucky escape.

elenaa21
5/22/17

Mark the Director visited us twice in our home and as another family in our village had had an Unfitted kitchen we felt reassured this was a reputable company. However the fitting of the kitchen itself was stressful and problematic. Too many annoyances to mention but mostly they were measurement (by Mark) related - over-oven gantry unit too big too go in the front door, washing machine unit too small, Aga delivered directly to us instead of to unfitted and then the fitter refusing to help us move it into the house and connect it up, advising us of the wro g dimensions for the extractor fan exit hole which is now much bigger than really needed. Most annoying though was the fact that what Mark said could be done by them on site (plumbing dishwasher in) the fitter on site refused to do. This required an emergency plumber at great cost and was particularly annoying as I had premepted this and it could have all been done before Unfitted got on site. It seems the company pressure the fitters with too little time for fitting so they try to rush it or get out of jobs that will take them over their paid set days. The finished product is beautiful but I wouldn't use them again for sheer incompetence and frustrating office-to-fitter communications and non-existent after sales. When I listed my complaints to them by email we didn't even get an acknowledgement. Says it all.

ruthw26
8/30/16

The whole cottage works brilliantly for us and our kitchen is the heart of it. I love cooking, eating, and just being in it... and often I choose to work at the table rather than sit in the study. We have so many fond memories of the renovation process and of course you were a huge part of what we did... As I told Andy, you were responsible for our bathroom design with the little step up to the shower across the whole length of the wall, the re-jig on the hall and utility dimensions and obviously the kitchen. There is nothing we would want to change even 4 years down the line!

The kitchen is really hardwearing and copes with the dogs running in and out (do you remember choosing the floor on a wet day with your dog and ours running in and out over the stones with wet feet!?) and looks as beautiful now as it did when it was fitted. Ive religiously oiled the worktops and they are mellow and unmarked. Its all great!

Please do call in sometime if you are ever passing or if you ever have someone close who wants to look at a kitchen and bring them over.

The work you did with us was amazing - we owe you so much for all your thought, planning and ideas.

Ruth

katem91
8/24/16

I thought Id share my experience dealing with Unfitted. My lovely new kitchen is fully installed and in use. I am very happy with my kitchen and with every aspect of the process from design to installation. Everyone comments on how lovely it looks and on the quality of the build - you should be very proud of your product and service.

Thanks again

Kate

stephenp48
5/16/16

Wow, what a fantastic kitchen Unfitted designed for us. From the initial advice (Mark travelled up to Scotland to visit us), the great designs and service to the delivery of the kitchen, everything was an absolute pleasure. We hadn't considered an Everhot cooker but Mark persuaded us and now its the heart of our lovely kitchen.
Next time you're in Scotland Mark, please drop by for a drink (and meal if you time it right).
Thanks for a great service.

martins112
4/24/16

We wanted to drop you a note to say how pleased were are with the kitchen, it really does look and feel fabulous. We really appreciate all the time and hard work you put in. I really couldnt imagine any other company being so easy and friendly to deal with. Thank you Mark & Maria for being so helpful throughout the process (especially as in retrospect our timescales were pretty tight!) and insightful on the design side, and thank you Richard its great to see a real craftsman at work and your attention to detail was so impressive

janetp36
4/11/16

Really just to say how thrilled we are with our new kitchen, through all that stress with the rest of the house, the kitchen made it all worth while. Thank you to all involved from the very beginning, when we walked into the 'Unfitted' in Moreton in Marsh - to the final men who fitted the granite.

Very Many Thanks

Janet & Michael Powell

francish26
1/26/16

Thank you so much for all that you did to ensure that we were up and running in time for Christmas.

The kitchen is fabulous, and is meeting universal critical acclaim. We are thrilled with it and with the quality of the workmanship.

Nothing was ever too much trouble. Mark visited us four times to discuss and finalise the design. The kitchen arrived on time and Richard the kitchen fitter was delightful. Amazingly, the granite was templated and fitted within two days (on a Sunday). Mark then visited us to ensure everything was okay (and leave us with some mince pies!).

We can thoroughly recommend Unfitted.

terryl55
12/9/15

We purchased our first Unfitted kitchen in 2012. It was a beautiful design and when we decided to sell up earlier this year, it wowed the first viewers so much, that they purchased the house for the full asking price.

We then found a new home that needed a another knockout design because the kitchen area has no windows (it opens up into an extension that has a lantern roof light and sliding doors) and contacted Mark at Unfitted.

The kitchen arrived on the date agreed with the quartz island worktop following exactly three days later (after my husband had installed everything). Its a marble style top that took six to carry in and place on the island. On seeing it, it actually made me cry with delight, I was so stunned by its appearance!

Now the room is finished I can confirm that theyve come up trumps again. His clever use of space and lighting have provided me with a dream kitchen. Its quite unusual for the managing director of a company to complete the home visits so I was impressed that three years after my first kitchen he still found the time to visit us three times to ensure that the measurements were okay and help me choose my colours. He even came into the showroom on a Sunday to run through the design and cupboard layouts.

Full marks to everybody at Unfitted and for making the whole experience such a pleasure. If we move again, we will definitely use their services.

francist12
11/24/15

We decided to go with Unfitted because they offered us exactly what we wanted in a very awkward kitchen. Very happy with our new kitchen and the installation. Everyone was so helpful from start to finish and thank you Mark for the great cooking tips. Good luck with your extended workshop - we'll be back in touch later next year for the bathroom furniture.

gillianf2
11/12/15

We are delighted with our new kitchen from Unfitted. After looking around we went with them as they seemed to be one of the only kitchen companies that was attuned to our requirements whilst offering a good quality product at a price we could had budgeted. It was straight forward from the start, Mark initially came round to the house to design the kitchen and was quick and efficient, without rushing (he spent over two hours with us taking a very thorough brief so knew exactly what we were looking to achieve. Unlike many of the other companies we had tried who only provide standard size units, with Unfitted we got a beautiful bespoke kitchen that suited our needs. Mark offered sound advice and the process was hassle free throughout. They delivered the products on time and as specified and the fitting was trouble free. Mark was really helpful throughout the process and always returned my calls quickly. I would have no hesitation in using them again.

joannep23
11/4/15

Really just to say how thrilled we are with our 'new' distressed finish kitchen, through all the stress with the builders in the rest of the house, the kitchen made it all worth while.

Thank you to all involved from the very beginning, when we walked into 'Unfitted' in Moreton in Marsh - to the final men who fitted the granite.

Very many thanks.

Joanne Powell

nb20
11/1/14

We are beyond disappointed with our 'bespoke' kitchen. Nothing fitted properly and key design requirements were incorrectly measured leaving us with the stress and substantial additional costs (from our builders) of modifying pieces which should have dropped into place. The paint flaked off the dishwasher door within 2 weeks, but frankly the list of faults is too long to put on here....
Unfitted have not addressed our issues correctly, their after sales service is completely unsatisfactory. We wish we had never used them.
Their reliance on confirmation of order documentation, appears in our experience, to be deliberately designed to place ALL responsibility for all design and measurement matters back to the customer - yet this document is provided without ANY dimension drawings. Our builders said they have never worked with such poor information.

louisew16
9/12/13

We finally bought our dream house and wanted our dream kitchen - a big investment for most people. We went for www.unfitted.co.uk to produce our units. To this day it has been our biggest regret and actually saddens me so much.

We spend over 9 month waiting for our bespoke kitchen from www.unfitted.co.uk, my young family were cooking off a camping stove for 9 months as we had no kitchen to install! We had so many problems along the way and communication was extremely poor from the company. It was such an awful experience.

When we finally got delivery of our kitchen units 9 months after our first communication the company had made the units too big so wouldn't fit in our kitchen, they were painted the wrong colour, and we never received our ceramic sink, taps and worktops which we paid a lot of money for.

We tried relentlessly to keep communication open and get the company to sort their error's and send the missing items but as they had all our money they stopped communication and wouldn't do anything to resolve the situation.

We are now taking the company to court. Sadly we have lost thousands of pounds.

If you are considering using www.unfitted.co.uk for your kitchen please, please be careful.

Thanks for reading.

Questions? Get answers from the Unfitted.co.uk staff and other customers.

Unfitted.co.uk?