Review of TubeDepot

TubeDepot reviews

Tel: 877-289-7994

martac11
10/27/18

Sent me a couple of "tested" 6v6 tubes, they blew my amp TWICE, and when i explained the situation to them they told me that i had to pay for the return shipping , that they would refund me for it once they receive the tubes, so i sent the tubes, and they not only didnt refund me for the shipping back to the store, but they also never refund me for the original shipping either, so i lost my shipping money after their non tested shorted tubes blew my amp TWICE ,and i had to buy two resistors out of my own money and wait for them to arrive in the mail (good thing i have some electronic skills otherwise it would have costed me a trip to the amp tech, which would have costed me more than the tubes themselves). one month lather im without a running amp and shorter of money, GREAT DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU GUYS!! eat a turd.

tala2
7/26/18

This is a story about 4 211 GE tubes which I asked TubeDepot to test. I live in Israel and have sent them the tubes for testing. I will skip the part where the results I received were vague and not professional since the real story came later.
I asked them to send me the tubes back and paid them 75$ for shipping. I specifically asked them to put the value of 75$ on the package so I won't have to pay customs. A few days later I get a call from local FedEx that I need to pay 300 dollars duties on a shipment from the US which was declared at 2000$. What, I yelled? Yes, you get it right. The people at TubeDepot sent the shipment with a value of 2000$ although I specifically told them to put just the shipping cost, and there was no way these used tubes cost even a third of that amount.
Anyhow, there was no way around it with the local customs authorities and so I told TubeDepot that I have no intention of paying it and I leave it to their conscience to ship it back to the US and then either ship it back to me with the right value, or wait until I sell them in the US.
A week has passed and I get a note from TubeDepot that they got the tubes back and they asked me what should they do with them? I asked them to wait awhile and I put an ad on Ebay.
A month later I got an offer for 400$ for the tubes, and sold the tube to a guy in the US. I then asked TubeDepot to send him the tubes but then I got my second shock from them. They now tell me that they paid 328 dollars for the shipping back from Israel and they want me to pay them that amount before they release them. Why 328 dollars as opposed to the 75 dollars I paid one way? Only tubeDepot has an answer to that, maybe the same answer of why they put a value of 2000$ on the tubes in the first place.
So I lost the tubes with this business and I will never ever do any business with them again.

gilid1
7/6/18

I didnt recieve my order, tube depot didnt apologize nor offered any assistence, instead they put all the blame on you and talk in a very rude way..shame!!! Never buy from them!!!! do ykursf a favour...

stevel51
4/14/14

I've ordered a number of vacuum tubes from this site to feed my guitar amplifiers. Customer service is awesome, they stand behind the tubes they sell. They test all their tubes and offer triode balancing and matching services as well. This is my first stop if I need a set of tubes for a piece of gear.

Questions? Get answers from the TubeDepot staff and other customers.

TubeDepot?