Review of TransformerLand

Tel: +1 352-870-2888
customersupport@transformerland.com

lauriem56
11/20/16

Would highly recommend this business! We sold my son's large Transformer collection. Matt was easy to deal with. He was responsive, patient, fair and honest. Enjoyed the experience!

jamesm530
11/5/16

Matt was great to do business with! All I did was e-mail some pictures and he got back to me with a quote within a day. Mailed him my toys and bam! Payment received. Great way to make some money off of those old toys that have been sitting in your closet.

erinr32
11/4/16

Matt was great. This was our first time selling anything like this and we had lots of questions. It was a great experience!

groverv4
10/29/16

Working with Transformerland was great. I emailed pics/lists of my items I wanted to sell; they got back with me timely and offered fair price. Nice people to boot! Ill be back to buy and sell!

jeffc118
10/18/16

From browsing the website to find what I want to buy (or information on items), to ordering and follow up, the Transformer Land crew takes care of their customers!!

In the last year I've placed over 15 orders and I keep going back for more. I exhaust ALL options with Transformer Land FIRST before attempting to purchase the majority of my Transformer figures/accessories elsewhere.

I'm a happy customer, and I'll support them as long as they are around!!

Thanks again!!
-JC

Tip for consumers: Ask questions if you are looking for something in particular! They have a online form you can fill out for specifics and they respond pretty quickly for a decent sized business!

robertg228
10/11/16

No matter what I was looking for or saw he always made sure to tell me down to detail everything on it. Upon buying and selling figures never had an issue doing business. Awesome place to get what you need.

robins146
10/9/16

This was my first transaction with Transformerland, and I'm happy to say that Matt gave me a fair price for my figures, and sent the money extremely quickly. Would recommed this store to anyone!!!

williamb232
9/20/16

I have ordered from this site twice. Matt Camaratta is prompt. The first time, there was a weird issue where my order was automatically cancelled after I paid, but Matt took care of it promptly. The first time, I ordered a Classics Bumblebee. The second time, I couldn't believe my eyes, when I checked the site and saw that there was a complete, sealed, Classics Rodimus for $30, which is what a 6 year old, sealed, deluxe figure SHOULD cost. For reference, on Amazon and BigBadToyStore, he is listed at double the price, and at this time, is sold out on the latter! I ordered it on September 15th. It got here on the 20th, and likely would have been here sooner if it hadn't been for the weekend.

Both figures arrived with ample padding in their boxes, and even though Bumblebee wasn't sealed (which I expected), he was in excellent condition.

If you want to find that older figure that is missing from your collection because you didn't have the good fortune of it being distributed to your area, I definitely recommend this site.

craigp40
9/19/16

I had a great experience selling some of my old Transformers. I had a couple of boxes at my parents and they gave me a call and said it was time for them to go. I did a few searches on how best to sell them online, and after reaching out to a few sites, transformerland.com responded quickly and had a well laid out process on how to sell the toys. Matt asked for a few pictures and a couple follow-up details, but then we quickly proceeded to a transaction.

Clearly it can be tough doing business via email, but we got on the phone, he was able to talk through the pieces with me and discuss condition. He then made me an offer, and arranged all the shipping and coordination. Payment was timely, the offer was more than fair, and he made the process seamless (and this is from somebody who does not regularly sell items online).

My guess would be everything would run as smooth on the buy side as it did on the sell side, but I would highly recommend doing business with transformerland.com.

richards257
9/13/16

Don't listen to the reviews about "how great * is", how he's "very fair and prompt", and the like - the man is a crook.

A few years back, I sold an ENORMOUS collection to him, valued at more than $30,000, no joke. Each figure was bagged separately, with all accessories, and boxed accordingly. He offered me $4,200 - I understood that I was going to take a major hit, but not a hit like that. I broke down and sold to him, because I fell on extremely hard times and needed the money for rent and bills, or my family was going to be on the streets. I paid for shipping (over $300). I included a typed out list of every single figure included, accessories and all, with the shipment. He paid me less than half up front for my shipment, which was fine, I guess. I sent him the tracking numbers, and I tracked them as well.

He then claimed he never received more than half the shipment, which was false, as I tracked the order directly to his place of business (his home). When I asked for the rest of the money he owed me, he became very defensive, claiming that he "did me a favor" by sending me money up front, and that I was an ungrateful person and that I should just "chalk it up as a loss". I had been collecting since 1990, and sent this man complete sets of almost every TF line since that era. Some G1, G2, complete sets of Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Machine Wars, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Classics, Masterpiece, Alternators, Generations, etc. - all complete lines, and some Takara pieces as well. My Transformers collection was my pride and joy, next to my children.

This man literally stole my hard earned collection, and stole something that was very close to my heart. I will NEVER be able to afford to get my collection back, because Mr. Matthew Camaratta is a swindler. My review may not be able to bring my prized collection back, and it will never heal the pain and regret in my heart, but hopefully it will help open the eyes of someone else who is considering selling their collection to him.

Stay away from selling to "Transformerland" at all costs if you don't want to be stolen from and heartbroken, with no chance of return.

Response from Matthew C., TransformerLand Representative
August 2013, I remember this transaction. It is color coded red in a sea of green smooth transactions (I refer you to all the other reviews on this page). It was $3500 + half of shipping. The market value of the collection was $4500-$5000 (as it was originally listed). We publish openly and publicly the market value of each toy on our website. We paid $2800 up front. Much (half as i recall) of the collection was not received. I offered to return the collection, but the seller became unreasonable stating that I had better deliver all items (even the ones that were never sent). Why is this suddenly being brought up 3 years hence, out of nowhere? But look at the other reviews here and on facebook and throughout the Transformers community, our reputation speaks for itself.
normam27
8/28/16

I had only a couple of pieces to sell and wanted them to end up in the hands of someone
who cared about these toys. Transformerland is definitely the place to go to achieve that
end. Everything about the exchange went well. I sent the toys and asked for a check
in return. Matt acknowledged receiving the package and the check arrived several days
later. I trusted the reviews I'd read and they proved to be valid. Thank you, Matt. Wish
there were more like you!

jasont86
8/23/16

Was easy and simple. I emailed pics of my collection. We agreed on a price. I followed Matt's packing and shipping instructions and shipped the collection. TransformerLand sent a check. Done. Ch-Ching!
The highly positive reviews provided confidence leading into the transaction. I figured the least I could do was add confirmation.

craigm92
8/23/16

Recently sold my transformers collection to TransformerLand, and it was a great, smooth and easy transaction. I highly recommend Matt and his company to anyone looking to buy or sell some vintage toys.

michaela259
8/20/16

Here's what happened: The package showed up as delivered, except the mailman delivered it to the wrong house. I asked the neighbor about it who vehemently denied the package ever showing up at his house and the mailman expressed to me his theory that the couple kept the transformer for their kid. Extremely illegal, but there wasn't a lot of evidence.

Despite all that, Transformerland sent me a replacement pro bono. Completely solid company, and customer service is clearly their priority. Everyone always claims that the customer is always right, but ACTIONS (or in this case action figures) speak louder than words.

What a stand up shop,
Can't recommend it enough.

ginnyc7
8/18/16

Wonderful to do business with.They are friendly and made everything very easy. Had no problems at all.

shanem59
8/11/16

I had a great interaction with Transformerland. I sold my collection for a fair negotiated price. Payment was made promptly and I am very happy with the transaction. Furthermore, Transformerland is the best Transformer resource on the net and a great place to find that elusive figure. Two thumbs up.

Tip for consumers: go for it.

robynw15
7/23/16

I just sold my 200+ Transformer toy lot to Transformerland. I gotta say, this couldn't have gone better! Matt has a wealth of Transformer knowledge and is ready to offer a fair deal.
I highly recommend!

robertb353
7/21/16

I contacted Transformerland via email about a collection of action figures i wanted to sell. they requested a few picturesand made an offer. i counter offered then we met in the middle. Very fair. I wiould definately do business with them again. robert

jiml94
7/11/16

sold a lot of transformers again due to good 1st experience, will continue to go back to if need to sell lots again

tiffanya24
6/23/16

...and gave me a more than reasonable price for it. Certainly higher than I would've been able to get on my own with my limited free time!

jonathank37
6/17/16

I worked with the guys at Transformerland over the past eight months or so to sell my collections of Transformers and other old school toys. Throughout the process, they were responsive, friendly, and, best of all, completely reasonable in their pricing, always providing solid and rational grounding for their numbers. Because they are nice, they also helped me identify a pretty obscure non-Transformer toy, which I had been convinced was a hopeless cause. Transformerland is awesome!

dac25
6/9/16

I couldn't ask for a better experience. They make selling as easy as possible and are extremely helpful.

billv18
6/1/16

I have made two recent purchases from Transformerland and they were easy, quick and reliable store. They are my new go to source for vintage Transformers. The descriptions are accurate and I like the magnifying feature that allows you to look over each figure. Everything was well packed and shipped fast. And they are a great resource too.

tristand12
5/17/16

Sold G1 transformers for fair price. Quick response and payment for items. Would do business with Matt again.

jamiel68
5/4/16

Owner went out of his way to help identify several of my Transformers. Got back with me quickly. Great people. Would recommend anyone who is looking to sell or buy to call Matt. All around great business!

Yes, of course :) Send an email to offers@transformerland.com if you haven't already. Looking forward to hearing from you!

By Matthew C., TransformerLand Representative

One time, usually on the same or next business day :)

By Matthew C., TransformerLand Representative

Tommy, Sure thing, happy to help you with that. Just emails us at offers@transformerland.com or call us at (352) 870-2888 and ask for Matt and we'll get you some quick guidelines to help get us the info we'll need to make an accurate assessment :)

Helpful answer -1

Sure, I think we are already communicating thru email actually, just wanted to make sure your question was addressed here as well :) But yes, we buy from all over

By Bryan V.
Questions? Get answers from the TransformerLand staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TransformerLand