Review of TomTom

illegalproduct@tomtom.com

2 reviews with 2 stars

walidh5
11/21/14

I was really optimist when I purchased tom tom via 1535 GPS. The device is great, but I became fully frustrated when I tried to update the maps, it gave me hard time with no real positive results. The XXl series, from which I owned the one before, was very practical and easy to update. It looks like tom tom has been complicating its updating procedures. I am not happy with my new Tomtom via 1535 GPS.

bye
11/25/08

Tom Tom support falls short - If you own a GPS, particularly a TOM TOM, you might want to be forwarned. The product is an excellent GPS and Ive compared it to much more costly GPS's, and this one is great! With a great product, comes the responsability to give it good customer support. I won't go into details, but I purchased additional software online, which ended up not being a match for my unit, and then began the jumping through hoops to get help. This company's "contact us" feature is automated and useless. First you have to give lots of info about your product, even if that has nothing to do with the questions, then you can add text and send. What kind of a reply do you get? You get an automated reply saying your problem was "solved". This is done by a robot and not a human. I sent three such contact emails to them, and each was replied to with "solved". I ended up having to call them directly.

Calling directly was another chllange, but my payment which they received via Paypal in minutes, was not to be credited within 30 or more days. Not to mention the hoops the operator had me go through without once greeting me as a customer or asking how I am. She went into her scripted monolog and made me answer many questions before I could get a word in edgewise.

I suggest if you purchase this GPS, to do so, but not to expect much in a way of follow up support....its not there.

Questions? Get answers from the TomTom staff and other customers.

TomTom?