Review of TomTom

Tel: +61-72-0062005
illegalproduct@tomtom.com

peten23
6/8/19

I have owned 4 tomtom Gps units. Last one is a Via 1505 TM. TomTom says my lifetime maps has expired. Ok, my lifetime is still alive.
PeteN

sarahj357
12/31/18

3rs one and can't hold its charge longer than a day! Waste of money! Fitbit should be called $#*!bit.

kevinc237
9/29/17

If I could give this company -5 stars I would. Terrible company. Worst customer service. Bought a product that crapped out in a week. Contact customer service, it took 4 different emails. No sense of continuous communication. One email told me to send the product back in which I have to pay for to CHINA!!! When keep in mind the product was delivered from New Jersey. And I have to cover the shipping cost.

While the other email asked me to take a video and send it to them. The box doesn't COME ON!!! Want me to take a video of a black box that sits there and do NOTHING??

All I want is my refund. I don't want a new box because they're terrible in quality and I don't want to ship anything to CHINA!

I would avoid these guys at all cost. They are crooks, scam artists and unethical.

johnd808
8/13/17
• Updated review

Did you pay attention that rarely if at all there is no reviews responds by the TomTom representatives? Do they care at all about their customers?

“Multi Sport Cardio Watch - No repair service”
8/9/17
• Previous review

Some time ago my watch fell face down and it's screen had been cracked. Addressing the company's support shows there is no option of repair.
Here are a quote of an answer I had got from the company: ..."I am sorry to hear that the screen on your watch has cracked. Screen damage in not covered by the warranty so we would charge a standard fee of 85 Euros.
If you would like to go ahead with this, you would need to ship the watch to our repair center at your own cost and provide us with a UK address for the return of the watch".
So TomTom is trying to resale the same product?
They have a policy of no shops to repair their products and the hell with the customers.

walidh5
11/21/14

I was really optimist when I purchased tom tom via 1535 GPS. The device is great, but I became fully frustrated when I tried to update the maps, it gave me hard time with no real positive results. The XXl series, from which I owned the one before, was very practical and easy to update. It looks like tom tom has been complicating its updating procedures. I am not happy with my new Tomtom via 1535 GPS.

roys37
5/16/14

Having used a TomTom One XL Sat Nav for over 8 years I decided it was time to buy a more up-to-date version and bought a TomTom Via135. Out of it's box I followed the setup instructions to the letter (or should I say graphic) but no way would the device connect with the software that you download from the TomTom.com site. I returned it to the local (well known national) store where I had purchased it and after concerted effort by one of their staff it was proven it wasn't only me who couldn't get it to work so they replaced it.
Without going into detail the same thing happened all over again and once more the staff at the store did their level best to make it perform but without success so they refunded my purchase without question.
The point is; neither they nor I located any useful guidance or direct means of contact with TomTom which has resulted in two returns that will stop me either recommending their product to others or considering TomTom as a Sat Nav again.

byebyez
byebye z.
7/5/11

TOMTOM gps are reliables. I am still using my "One" V1 !

I think the maps upgrade sould be less expensive...

The best point is that there is a huge community of users finding tricks to let your GPS devices give you the best experience of navigation...
(no, i do not sell tomtom devices!)

if you need help for your tomtom device , send me a message (see profile)

bye
11/25/08

Tom Tom support falls short - If you own a GPS, particularly a TOM TOM, you might want to be forwarned. The product is an excellent GPS and Ive compared it to much more costly GPS's, and this one is great! With a great product, comes the responsability to give it good customer support. I won't go into details, but I purchased additional software online, which ended up not being a match for my unit, and then began the jumping through hoops to get help. This company's "contact us" feature is automated and useless. First you have to give lots of info about your product, even if that has nothing to do with the questions, then you can add text and send. What kind of a reply do you get? You get an automated reply saying your problem was "solved". This is done by a robot and not a human. I sent three such contact emails to them, and each was replied to with "solved". I ended up having to call them directly.

Calling directly was another chllange, but my payment which they received via Paypal in minutes, was not to be credited within 30 or more days. Not to mention the hoops the operator had me go through without once greeting me as a customer or asking how I am. She went into her scripted monolog and made me answer many questions before I could get a word in edgewise.

I suggest if you purchase this GPS, to do so, but not to expect much in a way of follow up support....its not there.

Questions? Get answers from the TomTom staff and other customers.

TomTom?