Tennessee Wholesale Nursery

Tennessee Wholesale Nursery has a consumer rating of 3.79 stars from 80 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Tennessee Wholesale Nursery most frequently mention bare root. Tennessee Wholesale Nursery ranks 4th among Trees sites.

How would you rate Tennessee Wholesale Nursery?

“Healthy plants, fast shipping”

Dave R.
9/7/21

Received my bare root plants after just a week or so from placing my order. They arrived packaged well, and with helpful instructions for care. Just waiting on spring to get here so I can finally see how they do!

“Rip off”

Charles P.
6/17/21

They charged me for 15 large ferns, mulberry tree, 4 spruce trees, pine tree, and 5 viburnum in Nov. 2020. All were supposed to be delivered LIVE and 3-4 feet tall for LIVE trees. I received a 2.5 foot dead pine or fern like plant, twice, in a brown box, spring 2021--not packed to survive nor could I revive it. Because they sent two boxes to ship the dead one twice, they claimed I got my entire order. It cost me over $250 to receive one dead plant. BEWARE.

daver748

charlesb1941
September 7th, 2021

I have ordered several times from TN Wholesale Nursery. They ship quickly (at appropriate growing seasons) and are easy to deal with. I have had good success with their plants. They do ship bare root as advertised and buyers should realize these plants require a little more care, but do respond well. Will buy again.

Several type plants

charlesp1147
June 17th, 2021

Avoid

none

angelam1794
September 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered two Eucalyptus trees (Maggie & Funky Monkey). Tennessee Wholesale Nursery had them packaged and shipped within a couple of days. Maggie arrived healthy and happy the very next day! UPS screwed up delivery of the Funky Monkey, which ended up killing the poor little tree. Tennessee Wholesale Nursery apologized for UPS's mistake and credited me the entire sum I spent for the Funky Monkey! They were awesome to deal with! Word of advice: Do not rely on UPS to ship live or fragile items. Every time I receive a live or fragile delivery from UPS, it is mishandled severly.

Tip for consumers:
Avoid UPS for live or fragile shipments.

Eucalyptus tree (Maggie)

lindar1809
June 24th, 2021

Last year, I bought a bare-root ground fern moss. I received it well packed. I really appreciate TN Nursery's effort in making sure that the plant will arrive healthy. Plus their customer service answer my emails real-time. I am inspired to purchase more moss.

emilier21
September 7th, 2021

I am very pleased with my plants. Tammy appreciated my business. Those girls in customer service were not helpful but she answered one day and it all changed. My plants are beautiful too. I bought some moss and it's beautiful this year.

this is a good company.

Products used:
i got moss on the first order and bluebells and vinca minor on second

neild180
September 7th, 2021

I've ordered ferns from Tennessee Wholesale Nursery a number of times, and received them in bare root, a selection right for my area, and always prompt in shipping. "Naturalizing" is the word I've found for what I'm
Doing. A so-so lawn in front of my house now boasts the beginning of a native fern garden and wild flower volunteer plants. Bravo! And thanks!

Excellent products and shipping

Fern plants

kimberlyb1522
September 7th, 2021

I am starting a woodland garden in our trees that surrounding d our property. I found a plan that called for plants I had never heard of before. In my online search I found TN Wholesale Nursery and found all the plants I required! Great user friendly website. Plants were delivered as specified at check out. YAY! Preparing a other order!

get your list resfy

All that I purchased

joyp161
June 15th, 2021

I purchased $160 of creeping phlox which arrived dead. I notified them, and they said it only looked dead and to plant anyway. They said they would issue a refund if it did not come back. It did not. I sent pictures. I sent many emails. I was continually told a refund was coming, and then they stopped answering. There's no way to get a refund from your credit card company once a year has gone by. Bogus promises, terrible customer service, dead plants.

roxannem148
September 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

We couldn't be more pleased with the Carpet Moss we received. It was in perfect condition when we received it... moist and ready for planting. The planting suggestions were great and the moss is already firmly attached on the berms we prepared it for.
Attached a photo of installation day and I intend to send photos next spring, when our little Zen garden is complete. I thoroughly expect the moss to survive the winter here and look lovely next spring.
Than you so much for a great online shopping experience with live plants. We may be in the market for some golden ferns next!

Live plants

haroldh227
May 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

This place is a joke. 100%. If I could give the zero stars I would. If you wanna be ripped off then by all means, shop here. Took them 6 weeks to ship & The trees were dead and broke in half when I received them. TN nursery after numerous emails finally messaged me back but only to tell me I'm screwed. They don't refund money! Wow. They suck! $180 down the toilet.

Tip for consumers:
Your crazy If you buy from this place

Products used:
I didn’t end up using any JR their items.

susanw2079
September 7th, 2021

Everything I have ordered from this company has arrived in perfect condition. And they have flourished after planting. Even the Running Cedar! I never hesitate to order from them. So glad I found them!
Susan

Wildflowers and shrubs

dennist301
July 29th, 2021

We ordered two mulberry trees at the end of 2020 and asked for a delivery of April. We live in N. H., and our pachage came right on time. We soaked the roots the appropriate amount of time and planted them just below our peach trees. It's now July and our new trees have tripled in size. The leaves are georgeus and plentiful with branches shooting everywhere. We are well pleased and satisfied with this company and their product.

sherrih198
September 7th, 2021

I have ordered serveral items and never had a bad experience. Communication is great and I am aware of every step my plant takes in getting to me.
Plants come healthy. A word to the wise: if the plant ships dormant, don't worry! Follow instructions and you will have success!
I'm planning to place an order very soon for some fall planting.

Tip for consumers:
I almost called to complain about one plant.It was dormant and to me looked dead.I went ahead and stuck it in the ground with very little hope .It sprouted up in just a few days .
They I know what they are doing !

Products used:
I purchased several plants .Indian pink , dolleyes, trillium and milkweed are a few of them .So
Etes they offer femme shipping

path503
September 13th, 2021

Awesome plants! I ordered Indian pinks last year and they look awesome this year. Best company ever!

katherinew301
June 17th, 2021

If you have a vacation planned, better order after your return. I ordered June 9th. But by June 17, the product has not shipped. They would not cancel the order. So now the live plants will ship in 2 days and arrive while we are away on vacation. I will not order from them again.

travism342
September 7th, 2021

Nice people. Great service. Everything came in on time. Looked great. Will definitely buy from them again.

everleighq
June 13th, 2021

I am happy seeing online new selections of flowers. It gives me an easy way to navigate more choices around. It also widen my horizons about plants. So enriching

luciec31
June 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

I placed an order online for five live milkweed plants. I called the next morning to find out the shipping timeframe. They told me 10 business days I said that is too long I need to cancel my order. I sent another request that I want to cancel my order. Six days later I receive twigs in a bag. That is the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. How insulting that you send me roots not live plants, roots After I said I wanted to cancel my order. Never order from them they do what they want

terryg398
May 9th, 2021

I have ordered 4 pine trees 2 pitch pine and 2 short leaf pine back in March. Open box and trees where wilted and dry there where no moss are any kind of packing to keep roots moist. Said the trees where in dormant stage but had new growth. They where shipped to late in season I believe. I planned them and a week later they were dead all 4 of them. I will not recommend to anyone or will I ever order though them again

pamelaw1145
September 7th, 2021

The owner goes above and beyond in helping her staff and customers. Although she has had to deal with negligent employees, who have set out to ruin her business. She remained trust worthy, honest and focus on keeping her business afloat. She has taken great steps in correcting all the negative impact that has given her bad reviews. She has help maintain a great customer relationship with me. And have provided the full understanding of her products. The service has been straightforward and the process has been easy.

Tip for consumers:
new process has been put in place and placing orders was easy

christmas ferns

lesliew407
September 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

They have great hard to find ferns and plants available as bare root stock. Their prices are reasonable and they have good descriptions of the plants

Tip for consumers:
Read the product descriptions for great info.

Fernsperennials

coltp2
August 10th, 2021

I purchased 4 short leaf pines which took 8 days to ship from Middle TN to West TN. Those lived 3 days. I emailed them about a warranty which they gave me store credit (cash back would have been better) so I bought 2 yellow pines and 2 short leaf pines which took 11 days to ship from Middle TN to West TN, those arrived dead and there was nothing they could do and the warranty was only good on the first trees so now I have 8 dead pines. They make expensive kindling for a burn pile.

Tip for consumers:
Takes too long to ship, not worth the price you pay. Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot or your local nursery

Nothing

allisons372
June 24th, 2021

At first I got tense for my first goldenrod was dead for I was instructed to plant it immediately but I did not follow TN nursery's instructions. So when I got my second Goldenrod thru a credit, i planted it immediately and 6 months after. I am a proud owner of a healthy and beautiful cascading golden flowers. Big thank you, TN Nursery.

saltae
May 28th, 2021
Verified purchase

Received dead plants, not even one woke up. Used rich soil and planted by instruction I found in internet. There Was no instructions from nursery how to plant. Customer service just said that they are sorry, promised that they will resolve an issue and did nothing. Better pay more and get quality products somewhere more reliable.

Tip for consumers:
Do not purchase anything!

Plants

Customer service via email takes several days to a week. Phone communication is impossible.

By Bradley M.

Pricing and large variety of plants available for purchase. Occasional free shipping offers.

By Anna L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Tennessee Wholesale Nursery staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tennessee Wholesale Nursery?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.8
Have a question about Tennessee Wholesale Nursery?