Review of TimeWarner

Tel: +1-212-512-1343
keith.cocozza@timewarner.com

as272
10/8/18

Time Warner/Spectrum has always sucked, but now since the merge/buy out, they're even more horrible. Bought new Home recently. Online it searched by my home address and said internet service was available. $44/month for 12 months. Ordered it online. Even set date and time. Gave me a confirmation number. Then said to call to finish order. I called. A customer service representative who sounded like he was asleep took my call, asked for my confirmation number, my address and then mumbled "I'm sorry ma'am, we don't service your area. Have a nice day". Then hung up. End of story. Seriously? I can understand no service in my area. I'll even try to understand that the online check where I was told I could get service, when in fact I could not. But to provide that kind of non-caring personality to possible future customers? Horrible! Worse than Time Warner agents ever had time to be.

robertp704
7/28/18

I often watch the commercials because it is all just about an act. It isn't even about your slogan but more about noticing that people aren't obligated to do anything that involves real work. This brings another concern up because the companies who're suppose to be handling things in a professional manner are not. I am going to use spectrum as an example because they always come on trying to dunk on direct television. Spectrum is contracted through your apartment complex which must agree to let them do work in their respected areas. This means if he isn't allowed to do work there that he probably won't tell you and his job is done. Because you are not his first concern at all. Then when you call in wondering what the heck happened nobody has the right information because they are not obligated to tell you anything important. You are more clueless at this point when you get on the phone with them and they're recording your every minute with them on the line.

This way anything you agree to can be played back if you even get these suckers in a court room but somehow the guy who pays out the ass for direct television almost seems to be getting the better deal. He seems to be locked in by contracts and paying for his service which is doing well. Little do you know that his provider makes him pay just like spectrum does while they're doing maintenance on nodes that have fallen down off the wire. Oh what's even better than this is that someone like me has to call them out of the blue and be like hey bro your node fell off the wire. I just happened to be walking outside and saw that you're still charging all your customers but you don't care right? Over all grande communications mocks the snot out of them from what I can tell by showing that they're at least balancing out everyone's radio frequency channels. It is even kind of catchy to see the guy balancing out the ballerinas feet with the way he needs them to be.

timmyj4
6/29/18

On May 30th, I put a disconnect order in with Spectrum in Big Bear City, CA. I told the representative that I was moving to Joshua Tree, CA. They said I should just hang on to my modem and return it to the Yucca Valley, CA store (near Joshua Tree). But they couldnt schedule service in Joshua Tree because it was a different company, due to the incomplete merger. So she transferred me.

After transferring me, I talked to another Spectrum/Time Warner representative about scheduling service in Joshua Tree. She first mentioned, by the way, dont try to return your equipment in Joshua Tree because they wont take it - even though the previous rep said they would. Then she said there is already service at my new address so they would need to contact that person (which is the property owner) to verify its okay to disconnect their service. They couldnt get a hold of him but left a message. He called back and they didnt know what he was talking about and he couldnt get the service disconnected. When talking to the rep, she did say that there was good news. She said I would be getting twice the speed at the new location of 200MB/sec - and that it would cost $45/month.

Then I called Tuesday, the 5th, at my new residence in Joshua Tree to see if they made any progress. They said they have an installation scheduled for Thursday between 8 & 9am (2 days notice, and during a time when I have a weekly meeting with the company I work for). Also, the price went up to $50/month.

I ended up just holding the work meeting during the installation (from home), and dealt with the interruptions. The tech did a good job at trying not to disturb me at least. But then he told me that I would not be getting 200MB/sec, but instead 100MB/sec.

I now can not log into my account, cant see if I have any previous balance or refund from Spectrum in Big Bear City, CA. Nor can I access any of the side-services that I should have access to like hot spots (my carrier charges me for data usage when not at home). I did try to call to resolve this, but they couldnt help me, couldnt tell me if I was due a refund or had a previous balance, and couldnt even tell me my account number (I never received any paperwork at all).

To summarize, I was lied to about the speed, lied to about the monthly charges, lied to about the equipment return, lost access to my account online (and possibly a deposit/prorated refund), was scheduled for a very bad time for installation (without my knowledge), and am not receiving all of the services that Im paying for (wifi hot spots). And lost several hours of time holding on the phone to not accomplish anything.

To this day, a month after connection, Im still not able to log in to pay my bill, set up a user/pass so I can access hotspots. Spectrum has gone down hill since the merger. If theres another option, I do NOT recommend them.

kristinal35
6/14/18

I had the best time being with time warner but when i moved i had to change and that breaks my heart because i have spectrum and they suck...wish i had you back time warner...i miss you guys and the customer service "baby come back"

reginaldp33
6/7/18

Just to expensive. As many people who where on time warner cable they should have kept it under 80.00 and stop getting higher with prices. It was great to have but to high with prices

sues195
1/23/18

I used to have them before SPEC TRUM and they were good. Wish they had not sold out to these nit-wits.

billh77
3/31/15

Time Warner put my ISP, Insight/rr, out of business, lied about my rates, overcharged me, shut down my email out of spite, came to my house and tried to take my equipment, and tried to ruin my credit rating. And I never even contacted them or entered into any kind of agreement with them to begin with. One star is too many for this evil, greedy, unethical company. TW is a cancer on the telecommunications industry, how do these people stay in business??? Deal with TW at your own risk. p.s. I've never had a problem or posted a negative review for any other company in my life, that's the truth.

henryw18
3/6/14

Although Time Warner boasts how great their packages are when it comes to disputes with actual studio's etc Time Warner has no problem letting their customers suffer..Last year Time Warner was having disputes with showtime and I lost Showtime on my Insight subscription (A time warner company) and lost several of the episodes of the last season of Dexter.. I wouldn't recommend Time Warner to anyone,, even if it was free

mikes34
1/22/11

Well, who hasn't heard of time warner, back in the day (which was a wednesday) they used to be great. Now a days I have yet to go a year without turning in their cable boxes and internet modems at least 2-3 times for ceasing to work, or when your service is interupted their invaluable customer service reps will say it is the box or modems fault and have you turn it in for a new one.

Basically, everyone is faced with options for internet and cable service providers, and I don't know if its just the states I've been stationed that had them (Texas and now Alabama) but anytime I have issues or have to contact customer service, it's a constant run around or be on hold for 10-20 minutes to only be immeadiatly hung up on by whatever rep answers your call.

So go with time warner if you have no other options, but otherwise look around for another choice.

Questions? Get answers from the TimeWarner staff and other customers.

TimeWarner?