Review of ThreadFlip

San Francisco, CA 94107, US
support@threadflip.com

jameyw6
2/13/18

They closed down and stole over 100 dollars fro me. No website. No customer service. Did anyone get a resolution??

gloriam36
7/22/16

I sent in 18 items, 7 brand new w/tags, 3 brand new w/ no tags and 8 gently used items, all good quality name brands. It took them 2 weeks to review the items and then gave me a credit for $12.99, less than a dollar per item. OUTRAGEOUS!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SELL THEM ANYTHING!

mandersn
6/7/16

I hadn't checked my account for a few months thinking that it wasn't going anywhere, to find out that the company is no longer in business!! I still have a balance that has not been cashed out, and now I can no longer access my account!

Not cool.

elizabethb138
2/26/16

I have been a member of Threadflip for a few years. However I don't go to the site on a daily or even weekly basis. I had over $200 in my account. I went to claim my money today and found the long letter claiming that they are closed and that you can no longer claim your funds after a certain day. I never received an email or any type of notice saying that at anytime I needed to collect MY FUNDS for things that I SOLD!!! I can't even email the company now to request information. Unreal!!! I want answers....they were quick to send me back my clothing when it didn't sell though weren't they????

vickeyt
1/24/16

Who gave Threadflip the right to steal Americans hard earn money?

dajaw
11/30/15

I placed an order by mistake on thread flip for $100 uggs when comparing prices with promo codes they offered, the order placed and now I can't get in touch with seller or thread flip "employees" ... now I'm out $100 and no response from anyone who allegedly runs this site.

courtneyp22
11/30/15

Before reading the reviews posted here I decided to try out buying an item on this site that was part of their black Friday sale. I found a pair of designer trousers on sale for $32, however It also had the "make an offer" feature available. I made an offer for $25 and a hold for that amount was immediately put on my card which I thought was odd. Today I received an email stating that there was a counter offer. I log into Threadflip and see the counter off is $50 which is ridiculous seeing at the item was $32 right? Wrong, the price of the item has been raised to $60! How does this company expect to gain customers when they have shady practices like this? Any company worth their salt honors sales prices when a customer makes a purchase. I won't be giving their site another try.

jt72
11/10/15

Requested a "full service" kit in July, sent in my clothes a few weeks later. Received an email stating it would take 8 weeks (!) to process. Followed up 2 weeks ago for a status update... they're now telling me it will take ANOTHER 5-6 weeks to process my items. And I expect when they do, I won't receive much given the reviews on this site. Terrible customer service. Would not recommend using.

adrians40
10/29/15

I wanted to like Threadflip and gave them many chances as a seller and as a buyer.
I like that they offer full service, returns and free shipping.

They're iPad app could use some more attention.

My request for a full service kit arrived after 4-5 weeks.

I ordered an item from their warehouse. After 3.5 days it wasn't shipped.
Customer service said give it a few more days. After 8.5 days I wrote again explaining that I'm moving and won't be able to access my mail for much longer. 2.5 days later they acknowledged one of my 5 orders by canceling it saying that the item is no longer available.

I tried to respond via the iPad app and there was no way that I could find to view what I was typing because the program is set up for a PC and cuts off the right hand side of the page after about 6 words. (Hitting the return button only sends the msg rather than starting a new line and placing the curser at the end of the line and scrolling also doesn't work.)

I recommended that rather than just advising customers to wait a few more days for a refund, they may consider offering us an incentive to shop with them again. I missed out on other listings while spending two weeks waiting on them.

While it was a frustrating experience, the good news is that it's only clothes and not healthcare, politics, investing etc. so they can't cause too much damage.

sarahh138
10/27/15

I've sent in a few full service bags in the last couple of years and have finally reaching my breaking point. Not only do they sell the items that they accept for absurdly low prices, but the process for accepting items to even list has become rediculous. I sent in a bag recently that took two months to process.....not the 2 weeks that their email stated when they received the bag. Then they declined 90% of what was in the bag under the guise of them "not being brands they accept" which is a compete farse. The brands I sent it are all currently represented in the site. I am now paying $10 to have all of my items returned (minus the 2 items that they actually accepted which they refuse to return and will probably sell for pennies) and will be selling with another company who actually has their act together. Threadflip acts like they are the only game in town and they are sorely mistaken. Avoid this mess of a company at all costs.

jessical66
10/26/15

Reported to the BBB already. I sold a authentic with receipt and card channel bag on there for $900. Got an email from a Sara saying they can't give me my money because the the buyer claims its fake. They refunded the buy and informed the buyer they would not need to return my purse. What the heck!!!! Are you kidding me. So your telling me I basically gave away my channel bag that cost me almost $2000. I'm not only reporting to the BBB but also filling a law suit. Unbelievable.

janisb3
10/23/15

Purchased some pants that were listed at $128 retail. When I received the pants the price on the ticket was $98, crossed out with marker. So far I am having NO LUCK returning the item or getting my money back. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

angelicad3
10/23/15

Stay away from Threadflip, it's a total scam.

chantelr1
10/5/15

Stay away from this site!!
I sold a 100% authentic with receipt, Tiffany that was with authenticity card everything!!! For $2,000. We'll the buyer claimed it to be fake an threadflip refunded them. Then said they didn't have to return it. They kept $800 and only gave me $1200. They said basically sorry now F off. Sara who responded to me said oh well we think it is fake so we can have them ship it back. But believe us we refunded the buyer. I asked for prof as I had prof the Tiffany was authentic and now have not heard back from them. Stay away for these guys. There's tons of sites like this that are 100% better an honest. The reviews for this site is horrible. Looks like I'm not the only one they did this to.

emmar37
9/28/15

They are holding my clothing hostage, they listed it at next to nothing, charged ME for shipping every time there was a return and now that it's 90 days, they say they want to hold onto my clothing for longer. That wasn't what I agreed to! They don't follow their own terms! You could easily end up owing them in the process. Not worth the risk. Not an ethical business. I will never buy or sell anything from them again.

tylerb34
9/27/15

I have sent two full service bags to threadflip. They should put realistic times on how long it takes to upload yours full service kits. It took more than a month for the first time instead of the two weeks it said on the site which wouldn't be a big deal but I also would have sent in the season ahead instead of clothing for summer. The listed prices were lower than I hoped like a NWT J Crew Skirt that cost me $178 being knocked down to $26 bucks but that was the most expensive thing they will every get with tags from me again. But they didn't take the shipping cost out before they gave me my commission so it wasn't too bad. And then I made the mistake of sending in a second bag...

Next batch I sent every item was accepted and I expected to make between $3 and $15 for most of the items. When most of the items didn't sell I got the email to sell in the clearance but was told nothing would sell under $10... they forgot to mention the four dollar shipping that gets discounted fist and you make less than $2 an item making beacon's closet a goldmine in comparison. And then they broke their contract entirely and sold an item for $9, took off $4 for shipping, and I made a whopping $1.50! I wouldn't even care except they specifically said nothing will go lower than $10. I had mailed for a third full service kit but after reading the reviews here and getting the email that they're already 12 weeks back logged I doubt I'll be sending it in till they get their stuff together. The sad thing is most of us wouldn't be gripping this site if we weren't getting lied to.

And it's also pretty sad that you hold the sellers to a higher standard than you hold yourselves from what I've been reading on here. If buyers are worried about buying full service items than seller's are even more tentative to mail in our full service kits.

daphneg2
9/18/15

I had good experiences buying from Threadflip so I thought I'd take a stab at selling with them. Boy, am I sorry!
I had a vintage I. Magnin dress included with what was sent. I'm not even going to go into how annoyed I was at what was rejected. Prior to sending the dress, I told them that this dress clearly was far beyond their 5 yr rule (pieces cannot be older than 5 years), but they said since it was a vintage piece, go ahead and send for assessment. It was rejected. They sent back all of my rejects EXCEPT for that item.
I played email tag with their customer service department, whereupon the final outcome was a very insulting $10 credit given to me. I was not, am not happy with what I was given. I'm convinced that someone is wearing that dress, or is going to sell it, or is selling it on another site for a helluva lot more than the $10 miserable credit that they gave me.
I should have read the reviews prior to doing business with these scam artists.
With so many lousy reviews, I'm kicking myself for missing all these. I still feel I should probably file a theft report for that dress that they now claim they sent back already.

shelliek
9/15/15

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS. THEY SAY THEY WILL REFUND YOU, BUT THEY DONT EVEN ANSWER YOU REQUESTS.. CROOKS!!!!! WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS FIRST. I bought a 135.00 sweater listed as a medium, and it was def. a small.. would not even fit over my head!! I emailed 6 times with no response from threadflip OR deller [onQuestyle].. really crooks!!!

dianad33
9/7/15

I have had a horrible experience they too have ripped me off. I sent them excellent quality and excellent designer labels and I am missing alot. I am filing a police report as well as suing them. Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit? contact me via email. kianamalele@aol.com type threadflip class action lawsuit in the subject line. Thanks.

tinah42
9/5/15

This is the worst experience I have ever had with an online company. DO NOT use their "Full Service" kit. I sent mine in nearly two months ago and the items still haven't been added to their site. I asked for the items to be returned and was refused. I made the mistake of purchasing an item more than 3 weeks ago, and it still hasn't arrived. They are non-responsive to questions. I have never had such horrendous customer service.

Tip for consumers: DON'T waste your time or money.

gretas1
9/2/15

I can't warn people stronger than this!!!! Two unauthorized transactions charged on my card - I have NEVER bought a thing have only tried to sell
I contacted customer support to cancel account and have reported them

gretchenb8
8/31/15

I attempted to sell with them, using their kit. Everything I sent was in excellent condition, although they claimed some of the items were un-sellable. They seemed all too eager for my agreement to have them "donate" the items. I chose to pay the $10 fee to have them ship my items back to me. I think they keep the "donated" items, sell them and keep the profits. Stay away.

shanonm
8/25/15

Against my better judgment (I've been burned by them before) I placed another order with Threadflip. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I ordered 5 items, from different sellers. When I received my package, everything was packed into one box. They charged each of these sellers between $5-7 (average of $36), yet only ended up paying $5.75 for the box they stuffed everything.

As I open the box, a horrible smell hits me right in the face; it's cat pee.I take the box outside, and realize they stuffed each purchase (again, from separate sellers) in the same box. I email Threadflip, as I am horrified they would even sell items in such condition. They said "just send it back." No concern for public safety, nothing. I wrote a review under the item in case they try to sell it again (you know they will), and another unsuspecting buyer purchases it. I was appalled.

stellab12
8/24/15

THREADFLIP IS A SCAM . I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM THERE BUT HAVE TRIED TO SELL THINGS ON THERE AND IT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST HEADACHE EVER. THEY SEND YOU A PRE-PAID SELLER KIT AND THEN HOLD ON TO YOUR STUFF FOR MONTHS BEFORE POSTING IT IN YOUR CLOSET!! (LETS NOT ALL FORGET THEY TAKE COMMISSION FROM THE CLOTHES YOU SELL) THEY KEEP YOUR CLOTHES FOR MONTHS BEFORE POSTING THEM ONLINE-THEY MAKE RULES UP AS THEY GO ALONG. I HAVE NEVER BEEN LIED TO SO MANY TIMES IN EMAIL BY SOMEONE-WHEN I ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER I AM REFUSED ONE- NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT THEY HAVE A 3 MONTH WAITING PERIOD TO POST YOUR SELLER KIT/THAT THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT NEW INVENTORY-THAT THEY WILL NOT SEND PRE-PAID SHIPPING LABELS- THESE RULES WERE JUST CREATED OUT OF NO WHERE TODAY!!!!. YOU WOULD THINK THIS COMPANY WOULD GET MORE HELP SINCE EVERY EMAIL THEY SEND IS COMPLAINING HOW BEHIND THEY ARE. IF YOU GET SARAH AS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON -STAY VERY CLEAR-SHE IS A LIAR AND A MANIPULATOR. I HAVE SEVERAL EMAILS BETWEEN HER AND I WHERE SHE HAS REPEATEDLY LIED OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT THE CLOTHES I SENT IN TO BE PUT UP IN MY CLOSET BY THEM. EVERY DAY THE PROCESSING TIME CHANGES. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

sarahb147
8/14/15

I bought a dress that was listed in perfect condition. When it arrived the hemline was ripped and the dress itself looked awful. So I requested a return. When I didn't hear from them I wrote them an email asking about my return shipping label. They said it had been emailed. But it hadn't. I had checked and rechecked my inbox and spam folder several times. No return shipping label. So I asked them to resend. No response. So a few days later I asked again. No response. This goes on for over a week and 6 emails later, I still haven't heard back. So at that point I was ticked and had decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I let them know about my intentions and THEN they wrote back immediately. The said they hadn't received any of my emails. Yeah, sure. So then I asked AGAIN for them to send a shipping label. Their response was that they were unclear what I needed. WHAT?!?! After I send 7 emails requesting they send a return shipping label so I can return their ripped and ragged dress they're unclear as to what I need??!! They're obviously just messing with me at this point and I am SO DONE!! So I've determined I probably won't get to return the dress. But I'll do everything in my power to spread the word about these crooks. Stay away at all costs. They're scammers.

Do not give up, keep calling and emailing. Try filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau .

By Claire L.

Thank you Marlise i been doing tradesy which is way better to me only thing is i haven't sold anything yet.and poshmark is new to my ear so i will be checking them out. Now Ms Angela B you are right about them priceing unfairly i do believe that they should get in trouble for this its not right that they make way more money and the person who took their time to send in there items dont even get to see half of that. plus get this my donated they said they sent. was truely not sent because i ask for a tax receipt from the goodwill they give the clothing to and they told me they would have them sent it in 2 weeks. still nothing and i contacted them about this and now i'm not getting a response back very upset. i feel like i should contact the bbb and report them. shut down shop is what needs to happen for to many ppl get suckered in

By chantell s.

If you list the items yourself rather than use full service, you can have a little more control over how much things go for. Just be aware that Threadflip DOES have TERRIBLE customer service AND take a WHOPPING 20% of your money AND you have to pay your own shipping fees. Plus, they don't get tons of traffic so get ready to man the site for more than a year before you sell everything. Ebay is faster.

By Jadiem A.

I have an attorney looking into this company. They will keep your items and tell you they are 'lost', or were 'accidentally donated, but can we issue you a credit?' --which will be way below what your items were worth. Trust the reviews-this company is shady to say the least.

By Kacey S.

They tracking update sucks and reason I closed my closet. Poor customer service and no care for sellers. Try tradesy or POSHMARK, much better platforms and tradesy fees are way less than this trashy app.

By Marlise N.

I submitted a BBB report and TF did not even respond

By Beth S.

You can also leave them a message at this voicemail only phone number 1-877-751-3547. I have never had the experience of being called back, but I have noticed that my e-mails were responded to more quickly after I left a message on the voicemail. Until then it had been about 10 days of waiting for an email response. Since leaving a voicemail, I have absolutely noticed faster responses to my emails. Before find that phone number and it was NOT easy to find, I was very frustrated with the extremely long delays on e-mail.

By Jadiem A.

Hey there, The item did not have valid tracking numbers and our support team reach out to you on an update on shipment. We unfortunately did not hear back so we did refund the buyer at the buyer's request. Our support team has emailed you with the next steps.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Hey Susan, Please write to support@threadflip.com so they can look up the status of your kit via the email you write in with.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Questions? Get answers from the ThreadFlip staff and other customers.

ThreadFlip?