Review of ThinkBIGsites

pjc@thinkbigsites.com
2018 Customer choice award

leec75
4/3/17

Excellent company. I experienced instant growth due to their profound knowledge and hyper targeted niche approach. I highly recommend

yafeess
11/22/16

TBS is our partner to provide SEO services to clients and so far they have done in months what others couldn't do in years. This is not a hyperbole as we have seen solid results from them for our clients. 90% of the keywords ended up within the first two SERP on Google and first SERP on Yahoo within the first two months of service alone - mind you many of the keywords weren't even ranking before. Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed and would highly recommend TBS for your SEO needs.

neilf25
9/28/16

We had a great experience with PJ and his team at ThinkBIG.
They were able to take us from not being relevant with the search engines, to being ranked on the 1st page in all of our key catagories.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Neil - It's a real pleasure to work w/ you. As you know, Page 1 of Google is not easy to achieve & staying there, as your site has for many years is even harder - you're a great Champion for us & we thank you again for the kind words.
laurar102
9/23/16

Our Internet visibility improved greatly and we have had a huge increase in clients coming from the Internet. None of our clients came from the internet until we started using ThinkBig and now over 50% of our clients come from the internet.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thank you Laura - it's been a pleasure to help you win more new clients & achieve significant online visibility!
maxg21
7/11/16

PJ told me what to expect and I received that and some. My SEO is climbing more and more everyday. Easy to get a hold of and to work with as well.

frederickr10
7/9/16

Wanting actual results?! ThinkBig provides exactly those. With no delay; I noticed an immediate boost in business after signup. Glad They were able to takeover as our organic rankings became dismal. Doing more than what was possible in-house; we climbed to pg.1. Taking this time to thank ThinkBig again. Certainly recommend to ANYONE looking for web services. From SEO, PPC & SEM; they do it all. Even web development. Mobilized a friend's website who was very impressed.

bobm173
7/9/16

We weren't sure at first if this would be a good investment. It wasn't inexpensive, especially for a small construction company like us. Almost immediately we began to see changes in our Google standings. In five months, we've gone from page 100+ in some cases to pages 1 & 2. We're seeing much more web driven requests for our services.

Think Big worked with us on cost, were professional, and answered all of our questions without making those of us who aren't techies feeling inadequate. Very pleased.

gerrym24
7/7/16

I have been through many SEO companies, but ThinkBIGsites really performed as promised and a a very reasonable cost. Our search ranking has never better. Thanks ThinkBIGsites!

davep90
7/7/16

As a consultant of Think Big nearly 10 years, they've brought clients excellent rankings by staying on top of the industry and reacting to the constantly changing landscape. Depending on the website, industry, competition or targeted keyword phrases, their custom plans provide the combination of on-page and off-page actions/adjustments that get results! Think Big provides their clients a more hands-on personalized approach, giving businesses an advantage over typical plug-n-play SEO's.

scotts191
7/7/16

Think Big Sites has been easy to work with and very responsive to our needs. They have increased most of our keywords to the first page in the search engines. I would high recommend working with them.

borisl15
7/5/16

I used Think Big Sites to do SEO work to promote my new martial arts school from October 2015 to June 2016. I ended service a short time ago due to lack of results and financial difficulty continuing to pay for advertising that didn't pay for itself.

I first dealt with a California online marketing company called E-marketing Concepts that was doing social media advertising for my new martial arts school. E-marketing Concepts was doing sloppy work and I called Think Big Sites to ask some questions about the usefulness of social media marketing.

I found Think Big Sites on the topseos.com website, where they were highly ranked and have many positive reviews. I have since learned that the topseos.com website censors reviews and SEO companies are able to purchase high rankings on several online listings.

I talked to a Think Big salesman/part owner, who told me that social media marketing was a waste of money. What I should be doing is SEO work for my school website. He told me that his program delivers results for his company's clients and that service would be $600/mo. I raised my eyebrow when he (a stranger) said he cares about my business and he wants to do well by me. His advertising slogan in his unsolicited sales e-mails was that Think Big sites would let their clients dominate their competition in their respective fields. It didn't come close to happening for me.

I wasn't interested in his services, but the salesman/owner wouldn't leave me alone. The salesman/owner sent me some e-mails, which I ignored. He then called me. I told him I wasn't interested. He reduced his price to $400/mo and said if I had continuous service for 12 months, the second and tenth months would be free so I would actually spend $333/mo. I can end service any time when I decided the advertising wasn't working for me.

The salesman/owner said I had to be on page 1 of multiple keyword searches for martial arts instruction in my area so that I would get new students. When I got new students, the increased income would let me continue to pay for his company's services.

The salesman/owner first said his company would put my school website on page 1 within 3 months of service for 5 keyword phrases that his company determined to be the best for my area. He then checked himself and said 5 months at the most would be needed for placement on all 5 keyword phrases.

As the 5 month period approached, I was on page 1 for just 1 keyword phrase and I was getting no calls. The campaign manager scaled down the service and monthly fee by half. The campaign manager said I was on the verge of a breakthrough and I could continue service at a lower rate or else I would be throwing away the investment of the first 5 months.

During the 6th month, I went on page 1 for a second keyword phrase, but I was still not getting new students. During months 6-8 of service, I received 1-2 calls/online messages each month from people who asked about classes and said they would sign up, but none of them appeared.

The customer service of the campaign manager assigned to me was a bit spotty during the first few months. We had a number of appointments scheduled to talk about the progress of the SEO campaign, but he didn't keep them and he didn't always answer his phone. I would send a message to the salesman/part-owner who got in touch with the campaign manager who would then reach me late.

The campaign manager was better about keeping appointments during the second half of my 8 month tour of service, but I was leery of any problems occurring.

The campaign manager continually told me to be patient, asking me to give his company the benefit of the doubt.

My website was making incremental progress towards page 1 for the 3 remaining keyword searches, but I was having trouble continuing to pay for the SEO advertising which hadn't drawn in a single student. I was paying for the SEO work with extra money from my day job with a retail business, which is struggling in this extended economic recession.

I asked the campaign manager if it was feasible for me to either do service every other month or if I could take a break and resume when my finances had improved. He said that a halt in the momentum would derail progress made with the Google algorithm. He also told me that he could only attempt to increase my school's online presence, not persuade people to sign up for classes. This contradicted what the salesman/owner told me when he gave me his initial hard sell and said that his company would definitely increase my school's online presence, put my school website on page 1 within 3-5 months, and as a consequence bring in considerable numbers of new students.

I then decided to end service completely.

I also contacted another SEO company to get a second opinion of the work done by Think Big Sites for me. The other SEO company said:

1. My website wasn't mobile friendly, so it wasn't receiving priority by the Google algorithm for page 1 placement. This was never addressed by the Think Big Sites campaign manager nor the salesman/owner.
2. My website wasn't properly optimized for catching the attention of the Google search robots.
3. My website wasn't optimized for the best keyword searches for my industry.

The second SEO company of course claimed it would do the job properly, but it charged more than Think Big Sites. I declined its offer. The second SEO company had the good grace to stop soliciting me unlike Think Big Sites, though.

Think Big Sites pursued me with the goal of making me a paying client for however long I would stay one. Think Big Sites didn't take no for an answer, it made big promises about helping me grow my business, and it flopped totally.

I had also ended service with E-marketing Concepts.

I will probably make my website mobile friendly, which I'm told is a new requirement by Google, but I will use Facebook ads and Google adwords with a smaller budget and more traditional and economical marketing like direct mail Valpak coupons and student referrals.

I will never use any form of third party online marketing again since both Think Big Sites and E-marketing Concepts solicited me to perform work for as long as possible on my behalf that didn't pay for itself, much less let me grow my school and make a profit.

I am poorer by a few thousand dollars that I could be using for other things while my day job continues to struggle in this terrible economy.

Update 1:

Shortly after posting my review, I was contacted by ThinkBigSites, which said it will dispute my review and provide proof to show that I am being "dishonest." ThinkBigSites said that it didn't guarantee that I would get more business as a result of its services and that it had done exactly what it said it would do. It is not their fault that I ran out of money to continue paying for their service, which they said was at a ridiculously low price. The price is more than reasonable for a prosperous medium or big business that can spend thousands of dollars per month for advertising, but it's a significant sum for an individual seeking to start up a new venture who is operating on small margins.

ThinkBigSites said it didn't twist my arm to persuade me. ThinkBigSites pursued me till it convinced me to give them a try, saying it has numerous satisfied clients, positive reviews, and I have a monthly opt out option. I said I wasn't interested, so ThinkBigSites gave me its "ridiculously low" fee as an enticement to sign up for service.

ThinkBigSites said my brand new martial arts school website was invisible on Google. I needed to be on page 1 ASAP in order to get students and grow. I was given to understand that being on page 2 or higher was little better than being invisible as the average internet user wouldn't look beyond the first 5 search results on page 1. Being on page 1 is everything.

My urgency grew as the 5 month period came and went and I wasn't on page 1 for 3 of 4 major Detroit-related keyword search phrases. The campaign manager asked for patience many times as I gauged progress up till month 8.

Getting more students as a result of being placed on page 1 for searches on martial arts instruction in my area was a central part of the sales pitch that persuaded me to experiment with SEO service for the first and only time.

My website was optimized for the following 5 phrases:

1. Madison Heights Shaolin Kung Fu (page 1 ranking during Month 1)
2. Kung Fu Detroit (page 1 ranking during Month 6)
3. Detroit Kung Fu (page 2 ranking during Final Month 8)
4. Detroit Martial Arts (pages 2-3 ranking during Final Month 8)
5. Martial Arts in Detroit (pages 2-3 ranking during Final Month 8)

Madison Heights is a small part of the Metro Detroit area. Ranking on page 1 for this search didn't help me in the least.

Think Big Sites didnt put me on page 1 for all 5 keyword searches that it optimized my website for within 3-5 months of service as I was told when I was solicited. My online presence did increase since service began, but it didn't lead to increased business that promoted growth and let me continue the SEO advertising expense as I was told when I was solicited.

I also neglected to mention previously that the campaign manager didn't always answer my questions on various topics whether via e-mail or phone conversation. I found it off putting.

7-6-16: Update 2

PJ:

It's interesting to see you say that not everyone is thrilled with my martial arts school since you've never set foot in it.

None of the students I have came through Google or social media marketing. I obtained them all through marketing by the Madison Heights Recreation Department and my own traditional marketing efforts.

It's a far cry from you (a stranger) saying you care about my school in our very first conversation.

The increased web visibility has not promoted business growth as you said it would during your hard sell.

The fact that you pursued me despite my saying I'm not interested tells me that no potential client is too small to ignore and get a payment from for Think Big Sites.

For those interested, my school website is www.shaolintemplemi.org

Current rankings for my school website for the 5 keyword searches that Think Big Sites optimized my website are:

1. Madison Heights Shaolin Kung Fu (page 1)
2. Kung Fu Detroit (page 1)
3. Detroit Kung Fu (page 2)
4. Detroit Martial Arts (page 2)
5. Martial Arts in Detroit (page 2)

I repeat that a huge part of the persistent sales campaign was that Think Big Sites would put me on page 1 for all 5 keyword phrases within 3-5 months from the commencement of services. Page 1 is where businesses draw their new sales leads. Once my site was on page 1 for all 5 keyword searches, it would be in a position to attract many new students and enable me to continue paying for the services of Think Big Sites.

The fact that I am not receiving calls from people, I wasn't placed on page 1 for all 5 keyword phrases within 3-5 months of the beginning of service as you said, and that I ran out of money all speaks for itself.

7-17-16: Update #3
I've been speaking to some local companies that offer web development, SEO, and other services.

One company offers SEO for $99 a month, so the "ridiculously low fee" of $400 and then $200 from Think Big Sites per month isn't so ridiculously low after all.

I also learned that Google made mobile friendliness a criteria of ranking on Page 1 during the time of April 2015. I began service with Think Big Sites in October 2015. Neither the salesman/owner nor the campaign manager mentioned the importance of mobile friendliness for #1 ranking.

I was also told that it's useful to run an organic search of a prospective company. When I do a google search for "New York SEO companies", I don't find Think Big Sites on the first 5 pages.

I found Think Big Sites only on the topseos.com website that wouldn't let me post a review for E-Marketing Concepts. I then deduced that topseos.com wouldn't let me post a review for Think Big Sites neither.

When I was weighing whether to try Think Big Sites, all I saw were short positive reviews that gave no details on how great the service was. I will look for more details in reviews from now on.

Tip for consumers: Others are free to come to their own conclusions.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Boris - we're very sorry you feel that way but we clearly exceeded expectations as it pertains to your Google rankings - FACT: WE GOT YOUR SITE TO PAGE 1 OF GOOGLE & IT WAS INVISIBLE ON GOOGLE BEFORE WE STARTED & HERE'S THE PROOF!!! Your Web Traffic & number of Ranked KW's clearly Went Up Since Hiring Us - see here: https://www.semrush.com/info/shaolintemplemi.org+(by+organic)?sort=pos_asc

Here Is Your Last Rank Report From ThinkBIG - file:///C:/Users/PJ/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/JJ2U1519/Rank_Report-SHAOLINTEMPLEMI-16June16.pdf - This shows that before you hired us in Oct of 2015, your sites online visibility was dismal to say the least - It was not listed in Google's Top 200 rankings for any keyword phrase. Now You Enjoy Page 1 & Page 2 Rankings for all 5 Keywords that you personally approved for your campaign!! We also gave you a 33% discount to start out plus a FULL Month of FREE SEO service. Your cost was only $400/mo which you then reduced to $200/mo because you RAN OUT OF MONEY!

As a small business owner, I'm sure you know that not everyone is thrilled w/ your school but you try your best to do the right thing for your customers just as we did! We wish you luck going forward.
travisy1
5/1/16

I must say, its been a big difference working with Thinkbig from the other SEO Co I worked with. I really appreciate their professionalism and SEO acumen and I only wish I had started this venture with them instead of wasting 7 months and thousands with the other SEO Co. I would recommend Thinkbig to my friends and family in a minute!!
Thank you for making my success your business!

gregl51
5/1/16

After 3 or 4 months with Think Big we started to see movement up in the ratings. Now we are on the first page of all search engine for our keys words and number 1 in many cases. We no longer use pay pre click ads. They really do what they say and we couldn't be happier.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thanks Greg - we're very happy and proud to see your site highly ranked on page 1 of Google!
ryana36
2/17/16

PJ is all about the results. As one of the owners of the company is very confident in his team and ability to rank sites high in major search engines. He is willing to provide direct contact to his clients as references which is great. They've been around for a long while and have a great reputation online. This is a rare SEO company for many reasons though at the end of the day you can trust them to get results. Don't hesitate to work with PJ and his team. I appreciate the trust we established quickly and look forward to referring ThinkBigSites to others in the future.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thanks Ryan - it was a pleasure to speak w/ you about our services & we appreciate you sharing your opinion here for the benefit of others. Thanks again
jamesd203
1/22/16

We have gone through about 3 seo/ppc companies before Think Big. They all did the same thing. Take our money and run! We had zero results. Then we called PJ at Think Big. We were very hard on him due to our last experiences. He took everything well and took the time to walk us through all of our questions and concerns. We decided to move forward with them for our SEO plan. For the 1st 30 days I was very concerned. However when the first report came in I was amazed! They had achieved page jumps in 30 days. They had moved us to a position that we could achieve with 3 other companies in almost 3 years. It has been 90+ days now with them. We have had steady growth and results from their work. They have always been prompt to answer my questions an they have been a pleasure to work with. We really could not ask for more. I would HIGHLY recommend switching to Think Big to run your SEO plan.

steveg79
10/5/15

Think Big has proven why they are the best SEO , They are so knowledge and understand the everyday business owner has no clue how to track what an seo company is doing ,but not true with THINK BIG with the reports and explanation supplied . Truly feels as they are an employee of your company ...
Thank you To the whole team at think big..

marian455
10/5/15

I worked with them when I was in New Jersey and was impressed enough with them I introduced the tavern I work at in South Carolina! They make make a very cumbersome job simple enough, even technology challenged people can use it.

cathym45
9/22/15

After trying many SEO companies, I am so happy to have finally found a company thats honest and knows what they are doing. I would recommend them and about to sign up for some of their other services.

Tip for consumers: I signed up for a special.

marya278
9/17/15

It's hard to find a good SEO company but I've been w/ ThinkBig since 2011 &
in my opinion, their SEO strategy & customer support has been excellent, so
I recommended them to my brother who also hired them with great results as
well.

andreas276
8/25/15

My law firm hired ThinkBIGsites to create and manage our website. We have been working with them for several years and it has been a very easy and satisfying experience. We regularly need updates on our websites and publications posted, and they are accommodating, friendly, and efficient. They also are able to make continued suggestions to better our website and benefit our business. I recommend ThinkBIGsites to everyone.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thanks Andrea - much appreciated!
josepha46
8/23/15

Have used them for almost 3 years and I am still very satisfied. Think big has always kept us on the first page of Google.
They have help me make lots lots of money. All I can say is thank you.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thx Joe - we're very proud to see your site ranking on Page 1 of Google for almost 3 years now & our team will work hard to keep you there for many years to come!!
chriss292
8/16/15

Think Big Sites worked well for me. I have been with them for over one year and my keywords are holding steady on fist place. When I had questions and concerns they listened and addressed. I recommend them for SEO services.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thanks Chris - we are so excited that your site is ranking well and you can rest assured that we will work hard to keep it ranked #1 on Google for many years to come! And BTW, taking the time to write a review for us, is very much appreciated by our entire team - Thx again & good luck going forward, PJ
nickp45
8/13/15

Think big delivered and got my site ranked on page one of Google. It is great working with pj and Andy. I would recommend them to anyone looking to increase the visibility of there website.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Hi Nick... it's been a pleasure to work w/ you and your team on this project & we thank you for the opportunity!
justinc54
8/12/15

SEO and PPC management is one of the more notorious exceptions to the rule that "you get what you pay for." There are many companies out there that charge you an arm and a leg for their SEO/PPC services, with mediocre results. ThinkBIGsites is a welcome exception to that trend... with reasonable prices and stellar results to show for them. They're a great long term strategic partner.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
Thx Justin - we really appreciate & value your business!
lfo
8/12/15

We use ThinkBIG since one year now. The web traffic on our site improved dramatically and the inquiries through our web form quintupled. Their job on SEO is excellent, it required a minimal effort on our side for the initial setup and they keep it updated for us.

Response from PJ C., ThinkBIGsites Representative
It's a real pleasure to work w/ you & we will do our very best to make sure that your web traffic continues to grow! Thx PJ

Questions? Get answers from the ThinkBIGsites staff and other customers.

ThinkBIGsites?