The Gadget Store reviews

Dublin, D, IE

1 Review From Our Community

lial11
2/21/13

So I ordered a product from their store in the beginning of febuary hoping it would arrive for valentines as it was a gift for my boyfriend, after waiting till the day, It never arrived. I emailed the website and they said that this rarely occurs and that they will get back to me as soon as they can get the whereabouts of where the product is. But previously the owner told me that they can't actually track where it is as it was sent through standard post, so how were they going to investigate? I have no idea, Its been 3 weeks now and I still haven't gotten my refund, I haven't received my product and I am still chasing them to get my money back . Bottom line is, I will never order anything from their website again and I do not recommend anyone to order either.

Response from Eamonn K., The Gadget Store Representative
I know it is quite a while since this happened but we just came across this review today. I feel it would be good to respond to it as it is a little one sided.
Of course it was very disappointing for us to not fulfill an order as we never like to let any of our customers down. We provide the option of courier delivery for €5 which is fast and efficient. In this case the customer chose post, which is normally very good but on this occasion it did go missing. When the customer contacted us on the 13th of February to say the order had not arrived we emailed the customer to explain we could not track the item but on the very rare occasions this has happened the product always came back to us. That is normal procedure and we did wait a few days to see would this happen. This time it did not arrive back and still has not to this date. So we have to say it is missing forever. In our email contacts with the customer we said we would wait one more day to see would it arrive back to us. When it did not arrive the next day we gave the customer a full refund. The refund was given to the customer the same day this review was posted. On no occasion did we refuse to give the customer a refund and had no problem to do that. We where apologetic and courteous at all times to the customer and explained that this has never happened to us before. We are sorry the customer, on this occasion was disappointed and hope that perhaps she will give us another try. Sometimes these things happen but as we said they are very rare and our orders always arrive safely and in good time. We do our best. I hope this helps to clear this up and other reviewers will see that we were fair and reasonable, we have many happy customers who recommend us to family and friends. Many Thanks.

Questions? Get answers from the The Gadget Store staff and other customers.

The Gadget Store?