TheFragranceShop reviews

Tel: +44 (0) 0161 468 1701
customerservice@thefragranceshop.co.uk

adamb166
12/17/18

ok. so after ordering several items online and paying in full. The order finally arrives (much later than other companies I order from). The order is incomplete, whoever packed it has put an x next to the item they could not send. So I request a refund by email and recieve a response that I have to complete an "incomplete order form and email photos of the box, delivery note and contents". So I do all that by email and request refund again to which I recieve reply stating that all the papers Ive submitted are correct and asking if I want them to send the item next day delivery or want a refund.... So I request refund again, recieve nothing for 10 days. Phone customer services and speak to Harriet whom I explain situation to and say that I want her to process the refund on the phone to which she replies "100% I will do that", within minutes she is back tracking on her undertaking and ends up telling me that I was never charged for the perfume (this is nonsense as my order summary shows i paid for it). she goes on to tell me that the fragrance shop customer services cannot process a refund on the phone... this directly contradicts her undertaking at the start of the call to refund me on the phone. I point this out as a lie, which she then disputes. She ends up putting me on hold for several minutes without waiting for my permission to do so. Very very unhelpful person with serious attitude and no people skills. This company has made me jump through hoops to try and get this refund and they are even worse on the phone than they are by email. steer well clear of them

Tip for consumers: buy your fragrances elsewhere, the service is poor, they charge for things they do not have in stock and the customer service is abysmal. One actually lied to me.

danielk135
12/17/17

I have placed several orders from The Fragrance Shop (UK) over the last year without issues. But there was a problem with my latest, placed October 1. When opening the package I discovered that the perfume had been used before. The plastic wrapping was ripped apart, the box had several creases, the inner cardboard had creases and typical bending wear, I immediately smelled the perfume from the box with the cap still on, the bottle had lots of stains and finally it came a burst of perfume from the very first push of the atomizer. None of this happens with new sealed perfumes.

I contacted The Fragrance Shop about it and got the following answers:

Oct 11: Once my manager has looked into this someone will be in touch with you. That never happened so I contacted them again.

Oct 21: Please be advised that this matter is currently being looked into by my manager. Still, nothing happened so I contacted them yet again.

Nov 11: I can see that my colleague has chased this up with my manager yesterday for you. No, that never happened as well. Just lies, lies and more lies.

Nov 29 I contacted them for the last time telling them that my business with them is over. 5 days later I got a reply: I can see that my colleague has chased this up with my manager so I am awaiting for a reply from my manager to see if there is something that we can do for you. Well, its Dec 17 and Im still awaiting

Its when a problem occurs you can see the true colours of a company. The Fragrance Shop has very clearly shown theirs.

Avoid!

timm304
11/29/17

Absolutely useless service. Ordered item, never received. Waited hours on end to speak to someone on their customer helpline but NEVER even managed to speak to anyone once, just kept on hold.
Still not resolved! Dont know what else I can do?
Dont trust these cowboys!

andrews173
12/24/15

ordered some perfume in store on the 11/12/15. Because the store had run out of what I wanted the very helpful shop assistant ordered it for me on line. The order was supposed to be delivered before the 16th, nothing. Having spent the best part of 3 hours trying to get through to customer service I travelled 30 miles to the store and tried to get it sorted. Long story short, having spoken to several different staff,finally managing to get through to customer services and being assured my deliver would be here before Christmas -it isn't. The staff have taken 3 different phone numbers and 2 email addresses but haven't even had the decency to call back. Only given this lot 1 star so I could write a review. The stores seem fine but don't bother with the on line and forget the customer service they just don't seem to cars.

Questions? Get answers from the TheFragranceShop staff and other customers.

TheFragranceShop?