This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

TeamBuy.ca

TeamBuy.ca

TeamBuy.ca has a consumer rating of 1.21 stars from 132 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about TeamBuy.ca most frequently mention customer service, credit card and dealfind com problems. TeamBuy.ca ranks 92nd among Daily Deals sites.

No positive highlights yet

• By the way, calling their customer service is pointless, multiple, multiple calls with no response.
How would you rate TeamBuy.ca?

“I'm not sure why there are no positive reviews about...”

Sarah R.
4/16/14

I'm not sure why there are no positive reviews about this website. I have ordered both coupons and merchandise from them over 20 times and so far have received everything I ordered well before the estimated delivery date. The ONLY thing I have been disappointed in was a coupon I bought for WeMassage.ca because they are charging me an additional $176 in fees to book my massage with them that I was not expecting, which is not Teambuy's fault.

“This is no way to run a company, it's a total scam.”

Leonardo F.
6/3/15

I asked for a refund again and was flat out refused in spite of the fact that the merchant had refused to honour my voucher (I showed it before getting a service done) and forced me to pay $70. Eventually they offered me teambuy bucks, which I have no use for after I've been jerked around by the company and the merchant so much. What if I buy another deal and have a problem with the merchant? Am I just supposed to keep going through their customer service and buying more deals indefinitely?

customer service (33)
leonardof4
June 3rd, 2015
hemaa
August 7th, 2014
Worst customer service experience in a long time. I am shocked at how much disregard they have shown a long time customer, and how they failed to honour their own return/credit policy, or even acknowledge some fault in the matter. They were not nice about the situation at all and treated me like another number. I'm very disappointed and will never again purchase a deal via TeamBuy and will tell my friends/family the same.
carinec
February 8th, 2014
Worst deal site ever! No client service and ethic...
They refuse to reimburse you when a business closes and you can redeem your deal even if you deal is valid.
This business is simply stealing people's money and nobody is doing anything about it.
I will never buy anything from them again and I will also let all my friends, family, coworkers and everyone else I meet know that this website is a fraud.
sa2017
April 25th, 2012
I am surprised there are no reviews yet for this website.
My experience with Teambuy has been great. I bought voucher that I wanted to use (We all buy with that intent) buy couldn't and explained my situation and they refunded my voucher. I am very very happy with their quick response and action.
When I am back in Canada I'll gladly check deals with them!
Good luck Teambuy :)
anonymousa20
September 11th, 2014
As a merchant from teambuy/dealfind. This is what I have to say. The company has run my deal last January 2014 as per agreement my company should be paid a 1/4 of generated amount after a week and 1/2 after a month. I have waited for about almost two months to check in with them and was able to get paid for the 1st and 2nd instalment fees. Im supposed tp be paid for the other 1/4 of generated amount a month after the deal has expired so naturally as a kind merchant I waited. Get in touch with them end of Aug. I was directed to their online finance assistance. Wrote them a message no reply for two weeks. So I called my "account manager" just yesterday and left him an email Anthony Amankawa is his name and the name of the girl that called me is Karen Mohammed. Just this morning they said that the accounts of the company has been freeze and will not be able to pay us until further notice accounts before or on AUG 29,2014. So I asked Anthony what does this mean as merchant. They said they may or may not be able to pay me. Please be aware of this DEALFIND and TEAMBUY customers.
maryseb
May 17th, 2012
This company is great. No hassle, easy purchase. Had one question, phoned them, and they were right on the ball. I would purchase through this company again.
lisaw55
March 25th, 2014
I gave it one star only because you can't give zero stars. STAY AWAY - Items not delivered or "lost in transit" - wait 9 weeks for a "merchant" to ship something - NO REFUNDS - Horrible customer "service"
All their products are junk.
If you do order - expect them to take your money, but don't expect to see anything you paid for. Save yourself the headache - don't make the same mistake I did.
teresaw5
August 21st, 2013
The product and service can be either amazing or horrible. Depends on the company they are working with (or selling from). If it is not a Teambuy product, make sure you look up the company they are selling from as Teambuy will have pretty much washed their hands of any customer service (you will have to contact the direct company yourself, goodluck.).
triciaw2
April 27th, 2014
I initially really liked this site. I ordered a couple things and was generally satisfied with the delivery time and the product I received. My sister did order a dress that took a few months to finally arrive but we understood that this could happen from time to time being that they have to get enough orders before the deal closes. Once I ordered a product that was completely disappointing and I had to throw out without using. But my biggest beef with this site and why I am compelled to write this review is the issue with using my credit card. There is some type of glitch which is true for both myself and my sister in which when we try to use our credit card that worked fine before and works fine on other sites, we get a message that says our card is maxed out or there is a problem with our card. The first time it happened to her, she was of course distressed that her card had been compromised some how. But this not being the case, thankfully she called teambuy and was treated to some horrible, insensitive customer service. When I noticed the same messages coming up when I used my card, I emailed them and when none of their suggestions worked, ie using mozilla instead of internet explorer, I gave up. These people don't seem go give a $#*! that there is a problem with their website and basically puts the blame on you the person trying to support their business. It's unfortunate because you can find some great deals, but I just can't get over the condescending attitude of their customer service staff. I'm done with teambuy.
ambers36
February 2nd, 2016
I booked two massages (one for myself and one for my husband). One massage therapist did not show up (a single therapist performed two massages, starting about 1/2 hour after the appointed start time).

The company did not contact us to let us know about the change (the one therapist that did come had to call and text them several times to find out what was going on).

Later we received a very long winded email from the company - who still wanted (and we're fighting this) to charge us a CAD 30 travel fee and set up fee (which was prepaid) for the therapist that did not show up!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company.

katet10
January 7th, 2014
I have used their service several times, my experience was often good, but this is because I do my research.
They have two types of deals: local businesses and products. DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM THEM! Their products are low quality chinese junk that can be bought for a lower price from aliexpress.com. You can check, they take the info and pictures directly from aliexpress. I personally bought a few items from aliexpress and was so disappointed by the horrendous quality that I never even bothered to use them. I later saw the same products on teambuy (only for a higher price) and knew who I was dealing with.
As for their local business deals, those are rare where I live and are a hit and miss. For instance they had a few restaurant deals, for restaurants that deserve to be closed to begin with. I did like the deals they had for the Lindt outlet boutique as I had a chance to buy good chocolate for half the price. Really, that Lindt deal is the only reason I give them 2 stars instead of 1.
mellym
July 10th, 2013
Mixed experiences on teambuy.ca ("TB") for me. Beware #1Marketing language. I've purchased a few items thinking they were the branded item but instead received knockoffs. Avoid deals where the merchant is Tree Top Shop, both of the deals i got from them were knockoffs. "Oral-B compatible toothbrush heads" is not the same as "Oral-B toothbrush heads" - perfectly legal marketing practices, but what I find slimely is TB's responses to brand-related questions.On a discussion board, someone asked "What is the brand? Or is it a no-name brand?" and TB's answer was "It is branded as "Your EX" (as morbid as that sounds) from Tree Top Shop." Honestly, just say that it is not the branded item (it wasn't, I purchased it), people can see right through your answer anyway, I wish i had seen the Q&A before I made the purchase! FYI, the branded item is under the brand "THE EX" rather than "YOUR EX". Beware #2The posted "original value". It is almost always super inflated.As for customer service, I had a deal where you had to schedule the class at purchase but then was told later by Teambuy that they made a mistake on availabilities and we had to reschedule. This was a pain in my a$$ and I asked them for compensation and received $10 in teambucks. The class itself was fantastic. Basically, TB gave me compensation for my inconvenience so that's great but their service definitely need improvement (i felt like I was dealing with a teenager who doesn't have much experience and is given rehearsed lines... like telemarketing. TB's online posts read the same way as well)Overall, I don't feel like I've gotten amazing deals from this site, but I've certainly gotten good deals. Read the deal carefully to make sure you're getting what you think you're and research the merchants, and you should be fine.
jennyh12
June 6th, 2014
Wish there was a zero star option. I have never received such horrible customer service! Product months over due and teambuy won't provide a refund or credit or help in any way, This includes replying to emails. Just horrible, I have remaining tickets on my account that I also wanted refunded because I wanted to wash my hands of them and the customer "care" girl basically yelled over me. Worst Worst Worst;.
donr18
June 18th, 2014
The WORST customer experience i have ever received. These guys don't give a rats about getting you your product. They took my money and are not responsive for over a month and a half. If there was a 0 out of 5 they would definitely get that from us. Do not buy anything from them, scammers. And i will make sure everyone i know knows this about them. Groupon it is.
joanh4
May 2nd, 2012
Being a deal junky, I just had to buy another coupon from another one of these daily deal web sites. The problem that I had was that it was for an automatic garbage can. I've bought numerous products from teambuy.ca before with no issues; however, with this one they sent me an email that the shipment is delayed 3 months. Now, I didn't want to wait that long as I have already been waiting for 1.5 months for this garbage can to ship. I tried to contact the merchant numerous times to to avail so naturally I was a little upset. I went ahead and contacted teambuy.ca for a refund and they said that they could only issue me a refund in Teambuy credits. After numerous emails back and forth and finally me having to threaten to call my credit card company, they agreed to issue a full refund back on my credit card. This whole experience was very disappointing. They should more carefully screen their merchants and issue a refund immediately if the customer is unhappy.
cristinf
April 3rd, 2014
Just googled TeamBuy.ca customers reviews and here are the results. PLEASE DONT buy there! NO customer service at all! Shipping takes 7! Weeks and they dont refund. I wrote them a couple of times now. Worst experience I made. Please share before others also get screwed. I paid $22 for something that I now found on Amazon.com for less than half and I dont have to wait 7! Weeks for it.
himngs
March 31st, 2014
If anyone purchased any product from teambuy, they will send you note:-
Mail Out - When this buy closes, this product will be mailed to the address you provided during checkout.
They will repeat above message every week in your email. But they will not send you ur item even after year.
Also I recommend I you already purchase anything please call to your credit card company and request to stop teambuy transaction because they can withdraw money (they are used to)and don't think to receive that item.
andreaf16
April 1st, 2014
I'll give this site a zero because I am still waiting for my product. I emailed teambuy to find out when/if the item is being shipped and they replied "we'll contact the merchant and let you know when we've heard from them". That was over a week ago. It's already almost a month after the "estimated ship date". I should have gone with my gut that this was a big fat scam. Sigh
sarahr38
April 16th, 2014
judyk10
January 18th, 2014
Agreed with others that any products they sell are inferior quality. Also, BEWARE - if you buy a voucher for a company that goes out of business before you get your services, and it's been 8 months or longer, they will do NOTHING for you! Not even if the voucher had no expiry date! This should be totally illegal!
dane148
June 30th, 2014
Teambuy is a scam straight up. Ordered 2 pairs of shorts, got them 2 months later from china only they are about 5 sizes smaller than I ordered. And they are the cheapest quality conceivable. STAY AWAY! They will not refund or help you with correcting errors made, and visa won't accept disputes because Teambuy washes their hands clean of responsibility by acting as a middleman. DO NOT BUY FROM TEAMBUY!
melissag51
December 3rd, 2015
I bought a coupon, we drive an hour to this place and then found out we couldn't use or coupon. We ended up paying to do what we went there to do as our children were looking forward to it and we drive all the way there. I called team buy and they offered me a refund in teambucks, now the site is gone and I've lost my money! I wouldn't deal with the new company that has taken them over!
scottp41
August 8th, 2014
I've ordered a few things from teambuy. The first arrived in decent time. The second took some time and was cheap china crap. The third was two months late when I finally got a refund. And the fourth, which I ordered at the same time as the third is still MIA 5 months later. Stuart, the "customer service specialist" finally offered my teambuy credits after dozens of emails. I told him I didn't want credits, I wanted buy GD money. Now no one from teambuy will talk to me. DO NOT BUY, you'll get stung. Maybe not the first time, but eventually.
fergusa
January 7th, 2014
Terrible. Sent my coupon to an inaccessible email address I haven't used for 10 years, then did not respond to my trouble ticket despite me providing two legitimate email addresses to be contacted by. When I called, they had the audacity to tell me they respond to all tickets, when I was calling them to tell them I had received no response. Will not use this service again, and will actively discourage people from using it.
dawns23
September 9th, 2014
I ordered Reebok workout shirts in July. I waited until 2 weeks after the scheduled delivery date in August to contact Teambuy and was told there were problems with the supplier and they would have to refund my money. Then a few days later I got an email mentioning the restructuring and their inability to process refunds after August 29th. What a scam! They should not be allowed to continue to advertise their products.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TeamBuy.ca staff and other customers.

TeamBuy.ca is a group-buying website securing savings by bulk-buying without having to buy actually in bulk.

jenniferc62
Jennifer C.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TeamBuy.ca?

Have a question about TeamBuy.ca?