Review of TalkingParents

Tel: 201-332-5544
noreply@talkingparents.com

laurat61
4/6/16

From their site, you can't records without paying for them, which I didn't see before:
"Parents can obtain a certified and complete record of communications in PDF format anytime for $3.99. They can also upgrade to a Premium account which includes unlimited access to PDF records and many other features for $4.99 per month. Parents can email electronic copies of their record directly from our site.

Parents can also order a printed, securely-bound, and personally-certified record from us for $19 plus 19 cents per page. That price includes shipping via priority mail."

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi Laura, all of our downloaded and printed records are certified for accuracy, so that is why there is a nominal fee for these services. We will always allow communication for free, but in order to be able to offer the other features, there is an overhead cost to us. We hope that we are able to be of benefit to you.
mikef101
3/6/16

My ex-wife constantly ignored court ordered cooperation with me on our children's issues, and manipulated my custody time simply by ignoring messages, etc. I insisted that the court order using Talking Parents, and after two years the judge finally agreed. It has been great. my Ex and I actually have important conversations about our children because we have to. The tracking of responses and views is important, because now she can no longer say that she "never received" my messages about our children (which was her code for "deleted without reading it"). She also knows that her behavior is officially being documented, so her communication is far more reasonable and civil. Use of T.P. has improved my family situation and helped to protect my time to maintain relationships with my children a great deal.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thank you for your great review, Mike! We're glad that Talking Parents has been so helpful in getting you through your legal issues. This was our aim from the beginning and we're happy to have helped. We appreciate your feedback!
glendap5
3/3/16

I've sent a couple of emails to the "contact us" address on the Talk Parents website. My message show up as "Right Aligned" instead of the standard "Left Aligned". As these notes will be submit to the court for review, I'd like the format to be corrected before the info in viewed. I sent couple of emails, I haven't received a response nor has the issues been addressed. Where can I find the customer service telephone number?

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, Glenda. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Talking Parents. We apologize that we have been slow to reply to your concerns, but want to let you know that team here is working hard to address the user feedback we have received. You should see more improvements coming soon! We want to provide our customers with the best tool to help facilitate conversations for a positive co-parenting experience. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.
ralphs29
11/17/13

There many other no charge site, Yahoo etc.. where you can keep your , the only plus side is you know when the other party has read your email (similar to outlook email receipts)
they do charge if you want copies of the conversations ie emails, $40

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi Ralph. You are correct that there are free ways to communicate, but they are not as in depth and as accurate as what Talking Parents can provide. Talking Parents was created by a team with a law background, so they know exactly what information can be brought into court. There is a fee to receive records from us, as these records have been certified as accurate by our team and can be brought into a courtroom. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to serve you.
jackc15
3/23/11

I guess this site is newer than I thought. Seems like people either haven't heard of it or they think it's only good for women with do-nothing ex's who don't care about their kids. I get along great with the mother of my child and we work together to provide a good life for our son, we use talkingparents because it's convenient and we've got like 16 years to go and we think it's a good idea to keep a complete record of our discussions about him. I just copy and paste the entire record every so often in case anything ever happens to the site, I guess thats the only real downside, though I don't know why it would ever disappear. I know some people who use it because they don't get along and it seems to work ok for that too

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, Jack. No need to copy and paste your records, we keep an archive for you! We're glad that you enjoy using our services and hope to continue to serve you in the future.
lauriem2
3/20/11

my ex and I never talked at all because we don't like to talk to each other but we ended up using this site so we could at least talk about our son which has worked out great since he knows he can't be a jerk and he can't just ignore me

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi Laurie, we're glad that Talking Parents has helped to remedy your communication issues with your ex. We're glad that it has been of such benefit. We hope to continue to serve you at Talking Parents.

Can the judge see conversations between both party?

By Takisha B.

The app has a paywall to use at all. However, I see no reason to pay for it - you can use the free site, set it to notify you by email whenever there's a message or other update, and set your email client to treat all messages from Talking Parents as high-priority and to notify you. All of this on a phone, not just computer.

By Mike D.

Hi, Michael. That decision would have to be made in court. We do not set any rules or regulations and act only as a way to record communication between parents.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Hi, Robert. Once you open a new conversation in the app, you should see a paperclip icon in the top right corner of your screen. Once you click on the icon, your album folders will appear.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Not really free, free to use, but it costs money to get any of your data out.

By Laura T.

Questions? Get answers from the TalkingParents staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TalkingParents