Review of TalkingParents

Tel: 201-332-5544
noreply@talkingparents.com

mariah317
6/12/19

Basically, my experience with Talking Parents has been sending messages to the father, he reads the messages and then just doesn't respond. After 24-48 hours (the time he has expressed that he needs to "think about how to respond" - because he thinks presenting himself in a better light on Talking Parents changes his derogatory behavior through text messages... it's the same thing...) is the biggest waste of time that I have come across, next to the highly recommended Guardian ad Litem. This website is perfect for parents to pretend that they are, "doing all the right things." I spend the majority of the day and evening's constantly checking for messages... that no one reads, when there is an Emergency what do you do?? Go write a message on Talking Parents and hopefully someone gets it the next day. If you need to inform your coparent about ANYTHING THAT IS IMPORTANT... you're better off trying to call them (even though you know that they will refuse to communicate with you unless it's on Talking Parents...) What??? How is this HELPFUL FOR TWO ESTRANGED PARENTS??? Communicating through a Website has been nothing but a nightmare. I'm not even Court Ordered to communicate with only Talking Parents, but my ex husband has taken it upon himself to ONLY communicate with Talking Parents now. This Website made a somewhat decent communication process between two divorced individuals with children, into no communication, read messages with no response, frustrating every other Avenue (via text, email, calling) the other parent to say, "Read your God Damn messages on Talking Parents!"

They should change the name to: No Talking Parents, we can guarantee a platform for writing statements... but we can't guarantee anything else but that!

I honestly have no idea how this Website is actually HELPING anyone who is in the midst of a nasty divorce with children. This Website has absolutely nothing to do with the children whatsoever, it has however created a new way for "parents" to be malicious and callous because no one is checking in on their communication. Thank you Talking Parents, just another disaster to deal with on a daily basis.

kingj19
4/20/19

I don't think co-parenting would've worked out if we had to communicate any other way. I have no complaints whatsoever. I've been using the web version. (Free) for three years now

miked593
3/25/19

With all due respect to everyone complaining (especially when the reasons why this app is being used is already frustrating and emotionally volatile), I don't really understand what the huge issue is. Now keep in mind, I'm using the site, not the app, so I'm not paying any money for it but I also have no experience regarding the performance of the app - and of course, you can't use the app if you aren't paying for it. All that said, all you have to do is set the (free) website account to send an email notification for anything important. You can also set your email client or app to treat every email from Talking Parents as 'important.' Voila: you don't miss a single message or update, all for free. And this is on your phone, too - if you're not getting notifications about your messages, sorry, but its user error, and not the service itself. My advice is to take some time to learn more about your device settings and client/app settings, as well as which clients/apps are better than others. I see no legitimate reason to have to pay for the app. None.

jasonw369
2/19/19

2 days of working with this app and I had to get rid of it. It delivered messages 1 1/2 hours late and really messed some things up between me and my ex wife. I would not recommend it for any co parents!

danielg389
1/7/19

Talking Parents is a very frustrating company to deal with..I have had great difficulty connecting with the other parent. I emailed them more than 5 times and asked to speak to someone about my issued and I asked to be walked through the set up to which I received only email responses. Then I asked if they could delete my information so I can sign up anew to which they again sent a generalized email response. I am still not connected or able to sign in and I am still waiting for help from them! It's terrible and shameful that I cannot receive technical help from them after 3 weeks of asking. I wish they had a competitor, it would be easier to get my court order changed to a different parent communication APP.

marissam59
11/28/18

The judges make you use this and dont even take it and or acknowledge as evidence.. Not only that but, it cost 49.99 to be able to use the app which gives you notifications. As well as other features it offers such as being able to print out the conversations.

roberth1047
11/22/18

It's 3 am the night before hankagiving and I've spent half the day on this app, reading my wife's paragraph long abusive dishonest message she wrote to make her look like mom#1. I haven't seen my kids in 5 months because my wife lied to the police and courts. They just empower her and her desire to alienate me from my kids has her successful. The bond i had with them is broken (ages 3, 3 and 2). She gets to talk down on me in this app, continuing the abuse I've endured for the last 4 years. She uses it to try to trick me into contacting her. How does this company feel about being part of an evil American enterprise. I miss you boys so much, i love u guys and hope we'll be together soon. -dad

lauran120
10/26/18

The court system is rigged, corrupt and forcing parents in court orders to use talking parents is a complete waste of time.
This is not in the best interest for children as it will not fix a broken family and should NOT be recommended.
Court system is broken and unjust!
Wish I could rate 0

katherinec106
8/7/18

This is an amazing app/website used in the uk. I've used it to correspond with an abusive ex and so far it had delivered and has been great. i printed off the correspondence for the court at a nominal fee of about £3 . I would recommend this esp those who are dealing with controllers, manipulators and narcissists. Everything is logged if you've gone no contact with everything else. excellent work and more advertising!

karip21
7/24/18

I am court ordered to waste my time corresponding with a pot smoking, narcissist, who doesn't support us .
He uses the site for me to give 3rd party messages from, and rub in her face relationships she doesn't have with siblings due to his lies and manipulations.
She is almost 17, graduated from high school, and desires no relationship with this man, yet I'm forced to sit up at 9pm and respond so I'm following protocol and court orders, even though he doesn't .
Visitation was set for one hour SUPERVISED and she refuses to go. What does that tell you. If you want to be a parent, it start a at birth, not when it's convenient for you and the court. Ridiculous.

mickeyg15
6/27/18

I am an attorney that has recommended to my clients', and had the Court order the parties, to use this app over 60 times. None of my clients are happy with the service, they complain they do not always receive their messages and complain about the price - mainly because it is advertised as free. There are alternatives, like divorce wizard.

danielb529
6/15/18

I purchased the premium membership and messages sometimes don't show up at all on your phone...it is not reliable at all. don't waste your time and money.

theresac115
6/1/18

It's a website to just check in and if there's any importance that needs to be communicated regarding the child but the man I was married to uses it like a smear campaign hopefully one day the judge will see through it using it for years now

judithg38
3/28/18

This application is a total waste of time. Some of the messages you recieve, some you do not. You end up receiving an important message days after it has been sent. Horrible for communication between parents. I would not recommend this form of communication to co-parent.

dariell
2/21/18

Not sure why is it listed as a free app, if you downloaded the app and want to receive/send messages they force you to pay a monthly subscription. Their system sucks.

johnk484
12/27/17

This site as 3-times more negative feedback than positive. Matthew H claims those negative reviews are lies. I can assure you, the negative reviews are wholly accurate. TALKING PARENTS is just a pathetic site with pathetic management/ownership/customer service. PERIOD. Read Matthew H with his review; then read what T.P. Kristin K says about his positive review. Sounds to me like Matthew and Kristin are perpetuating fraud against the public by making YOU think their site is great. It is not. TELL YOUR LAWYER NO.....do not use the Talking Parents site.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, John. I'm sorry that you haven't had a good experience on our site. We take pride in our customer service and ability to help our users. Please let us know what we can do to make your experience better.
nicolec170
12/21/17

so many ads, seems like a way to nickle and dime parents trying to get along. Just get along and just say no!

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi Nicole. I'm sorry that you did not like the ads on the page. We try to keep them to a minimum, but they are necessary to recoup the cost of hosting and developing the site. We are making changes to the site and the ads, so I hope you will give us another chance.
toms381
11/23/17

This is joke perpetrated by idiot lawyers that haven't figured out what email is.

Yeah we so need the parents to only go through a website instead of just sending a text or email that goes straight to the other spouse's phone... Ya know because now the spouse can choose not to open the message because they have an email telling them there is something to ignore.... Genius

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, Tom. Our site is designed to be a certifiable copy of communication between co-parents. While we cannot force the other parent to open the message, you will have a record that a message was sent and ignored. We hope this helps.
matthewh120
11/2/17

Awesome online, 5++ have not used the app. 4 years using it, used it in court as well, without paying.
Pretty sure the lying reviews are competetors.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thank you for your review, Matthew! We're thrilled that you enjoy our service so much. We hope to continue to serve your needs in the future.
charlesm232
11/1/17

It can be useful only when it's working, but can be documented, but through who's integrity. I've used it, never abused it, but can be taken advantage of. Only as long as your willing to be willing to quickly make arrangements to go back to court. This site does nothing unless you want it to. Again, as long as it's working. If your phone stops working, make a new gmail, if you don't know your gmail, make a new one. Problem after that, must make sure you get linked back up to talking parents, because an invite doesn't have to be accepted. If they don't except, you just tell customer support that the other parent won't except, then provide the old email for your account as well as the new email, both parties names including the child's, and the child birth date. Customer service will then swap emails for that account and you can continue on where you left off to avoid the delay when the party isn't being cooperative, and disregarding the websites providing ways of communication. Or that may be the full process, all I had to do was give them my full name and old email, and the next day it was done. First explanation of situation 24 hrs you get a response, ask your name 24 hrs, then ask your email, 24 response of swap.

katep53
10/29/17

This is just email like gmail etc. It groups conversations confusingly and its just another website with another password to remember. It doesnt help communication its not magic and its not really free. Custody issues need court orders nothing else has any teeth.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, Kate. We're sorry if the layout of the conversations was not ideal for you. Communication is always free on our website and serves a purpose of keeping an authentic record of all communication between parents. We hope this helps.
anonym344
9/12/17

I have been using this for almost a year now. It's honestly nothing special, just a messaging program with read receipts. Sadly, that's where the pros seem to end.

Cons:
* Full of ads, including redirecting ads and fullscreen ads that are disruptive.
* Email notifications don't work right, either tell you a message is there when there isn't or doesn't tell you when there is one.
* Sometimes marks messages you haven't read as read by you. This happens sometimes if you are reading a mesaage on a thread and another is sent, or when you are not even logged in.
* For text notifications, you will be charged $0.05 (as of this writing). For parents who have abusive and narcissistic coparents, this can and will be abused. Plus charging for a notification when they already don't work right is bad business practices.
* Forced paywall if you don't download attachments within the tiny timeframe.
* $4.99 a month of $49.99 a year to remove ads and use the app, which has poor ratings and hardly works. This seems like exploitation, especially when the court orders you to use this program.
* For $3.99 you can buy PDF court records, something that should be free, and can be done with a Print2PDF driver. They only allow you 24 hours to download it too. So if you misplace the file, get ready to fork over more money.

Overall, with this program being forced upon parents like myself, this seems like clear exploitation to me. Its clunky and slow and full of ads. If you are given an option to use Talking Parents, one word of advice: say no!

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thanks for your review of Talking Parents, Anony. We recognize that some of the features of our site have not worked as expected, and we apologize for those frustrations. We have been busy going through all of our customer reviews and making improvements to our product that we hope have improved your experience. We know how important the co-parenting relationship is, and we strive to provide a high-quality experience for those who count on our services. Thanks again for your feedback, it helps us improve Talking Parents for everyone.
kenb127
7/27/17

I'm really surprised by all of these bad reviews. I've been using TalkingParents.com for 20 months and it has been great. The notification that my EX has read the discussion is invaluable since she frequently does not respond or waits a long time to do so.

Completely free up until now. I've printed out individual discussions as needed to show my lawyer. Yeah, it will cost $4 to get a complete PDF if I ever need it. My lawyer will charge me way more than $4 to even look at it, so I see $4 as small change.

With respect to reliability, I use the web interface. I cannot comment on the web app. I don't really see the point of the web app. I get an email saying there is a message, I click on it and it takes me to the web page. That works perfectly for me.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thank you for your great review, Ken! We're so glad that Talking Parents has been of such benefit to you. We appreciate you using our service and hope that we can continue to serve your co-parenting needs.
rong98
5/7/17

Only works about half the time. Tells you you have a message when you don't and doesn't tell you when you have a message when you actually do.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi Ron - Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Talking Parents. We apologize that we have been slow to reply to your concerns, but want to let you know that team here is working hard to address the user feedback we have received. You should see more improvements coming soon! We want to provide our customers with the best tool to help facilitate conversations for a positive co-parenting experience. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.
johnk363
2/24/17

Joke site. Some legal "professionals" are essentially trying to make Internet coin by starting this joke of a site. They marketed the whole thing by sending flyers, promoting the site at legal conventions and people who are smart and educated bought their snake oil pitch. This site is biased against the male halves of a custody battle. I wish Trump would drain this sites swamp. I had everything taken from me and now gotta pay some battle axe for transcripts? This is run my people who never got asked to their high school prom. Beware, if your ex gets transcripts this site will audit them so that only the negative or derogatory things the male half said will be provided. A total biased pay site. And,...because they NEVER get back to you in a timely manner...and...BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER GET AHOLD OF ANY VIA PHONE....you will suffer. You cannot even get a real person by phone or in person to validate the voracity of any email exchanges (which is required in my state). PLEASE....tell your attorney to tell your judge "NO"....don't use this POS site!!!!

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi John - Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Talking Parents. We apologize that we have been slow to reply to your concerns, but want to let you know that team here is working hard to address the user feedback we have received. You should see more improvements coming soon! We want to provide our customers with the best tool to help facilitate conversations for a positive co-parenting experience. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

Can the judge see conversations between both party?

By Takisha B.

The app has a paywall to use at all. However, I see no reason to pay for it - you can use the free site, set it to notify you by email whenever there's a message or other update, and set your email client to treat all messages from Talking Parents as high-priority and to notify you. All of this on a phone, not just computer.

By Mike D.

Hi, Michael. That decision would have to be made in court. We do not set any rules or regulations and act only as a way to record communication between parents.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Hi, Robert. Once you open a new conversation in the app, you should see a paperclip icon in the top right corner of your screen. Once you click on the icon, your album folders will appear.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Not really free, free to use, but it costs money to get any of your data out.

By Laura T.

Questions? Get answers from the TalkingParents staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TalkingParents