Review of TalkingParents

Tel: 201-332-5544
noreply@talkingparents.com

brianm981
11/27/19
They will not answer emails (many) and have ignored documents (no response of certified mail) sent to Ft. Walton Beach.

jessicah452
11/17/19
Reason 1. We cannot assume feeling's through text, face expressions, tone of voice,etc
So just because someone disagrees with another,and starts deflecting, how does that help any situation?
baconb1
10/17/19
Forced by courts normally in an ongoing attempt to imply one parent is an issue. Some instances, that is the case. Luckily in my situation the divorce Judge recognized my wife's facade and I ended up with full custody of one and 50/50 of another. All our verbal communication has been pleasant. My wife though, she gaslights, stonewalls and gray stones my posts. Ignoring for days or just not answering. All keywords she now uses that she learned from "support groups". I'm the husband that fought to save the marriage. I just did it the wrong way. This app further promotes the dissolution of marriages that could easily be reconciled. It further segregates families and compounds a lack of communication between relationships. This may not be applicable to everyone's situation but is so in my case. All it's done is further distant my children from their mother and assisted in causing resentment towards my ex from my teens standpoint. In short, it's all backfiring on her. Some would take delight in this, however I don't. I prefer open and free communication. Free Speech according to our rights, with the hopes of one day my ex pulls her head out of her ass. Any Judge in our country that makes individuals communicate through this means without just cause should also pull their head out of their ass. I've gotten to where I just won't use the site now unless absolutely necessary. If you're being forced in to utilizing this nightmare, keep it to yes and no replies or one or two sentences. Bare minimum. It's a sad day society has come to this. Or do like I do, have an ex girlfriend post for you. At least that way in court you can attest it wasn't you that sent the message and you can freely state who did. Just be sure if you need something to be posted be very clear and short... "I need to tell them I need this". Sont log in, don't read the replies. That way you can attest you've never been on the site. Having someone else post on your behalf can be verified by IP that instant you as evidence. Just be sure the person posting for you is trustworthy. If you do log in, use a VPN.
jessicah424
9/30/19
My ex will say he needs to think about things or needs more information despite a ruling that clearly outlines our roles. He'll say he needs to think about my vacation with the kids that is a month away and he'll ignore the issue. The lawyers say "use talking parents." Then I don't get answers from him and he waits until the last second to say no. Then it's "mom does what she wants despite dad's objections, mom doesn't care about the best interest of the child." He cancels appointments if I put them on the calendar too early and he either takes my child when he is available or schedules them not on my day off. On my days with the kids, he schedule appointments and says he gave notice and then he shows up to everything and gets dr notes from MY KIDS' doctors for HIS fmla even though I'm there to bring them! This app has done nothing but add a safety blanket for his abuse, which I've endured since I was 18almost 16 years.
andress44
8/27/19
I would actually rate a ZERO because it IS NOT A CO-PARENTING APP. It is an APP to make the divorced parents forget about what it's purpose is.
It is a GAS LIGHTER for parents.

Unfortunately, this APP is not in the best interest of the child. So whoever created it, you may want to take another look at what you created.

It is creating more problems than good in my current experience!
jw462
8/2/19
I would love more than anything to be able to co-parent with my ex-husband. My ex-husband is a very verbally and emotionally abusive person. I had to block his phone number and his email so he would stop harassing me. The judge in Western Washington told us to use an app that we could communicate on so we could "work together" for our daughter. My ex's attorney suggested Talking Parent. Yes, it is true that anything you write in Talking Parent can be used in court because you can not change what you've written after it is sent. You would think that would be great, however, my ex uses Talking Parent to make himself look like "dad of the year" and he twists my words around to make it look like he is the one telling the truth in the situation, which is the farthest thing from the truth. I have spent over $35,000 in court to try to protect my daughter from the abuse and neglect from her father and step-mother. My daughter has not been protected and the only thing I have to show for it is being in debt up to my eyeballs. The court ordered an anger management test for him and we even had a GAL. Both only made things worse in the situation by letting him get away with his behavior and wrong doings. The court did nothing to protect my daughter and now she is living with him. My ex-husband still verbally abuses and harasses me on this Talking Parent site and when I sent a concern on the "contact us" on the app nothing is done about it. Here was there response that was sent back to me.
"Unfortunately, we can not force parents to use our service in a constructive, positive manner or to abide by a court order. We recommend that you attempt to address any specific concerns about messages that the other parent is sending using Talking Parents; this provides documentation of your attempts to be cooperative and civilly resolve issues.

However, if you think the other parent may be acting in violation of a court order, or you would like to find out what support may be available through the legal system, then we recommend you contact an attorney, or the court itself."

Sincerely,

Damien
User Support Representative, Talking Parents

I feel the judge, the GAL, the anger management evaluator, and the Talking Parent site has done nothing to protect my daughter and my family. I do not know if there is a better parent communication app for parents to work with but I most certainly would not recommend this site to anyone who wants to protect their child(ren). Even if money was not an issue the court continues turn a blind eye and considers anything I use in court as "hear say". This is all I get whether I have an attorney or not.
mariah317
6/12/19
Basically, my experience with Talking Parents has been sending messages to the father, he reads the messages and then just doesn't respond. After 24-48 hours (the time he has expressed that he needs to "think about how to respond" - because he thinks presenting himself in a better light on Talking Parents changes his derogatory behavior through text messages... it's the same thing...) is the biggest waste of time that I have come across, next to the highly recommended Guardian ad Litem. This website is perfect for parents to pretend that they are, "doing all the right things." I spend the majority of the day and evening's constantly checking for messages... that no one reads, when there is an Emergency what do you do?? Go write a message on Talking Parents and hopefully someone gets it the next day. If you need to inform your coparent about ANYTHING THAT IS IMPORTANT... you're better off trying to call them (even though you know that they will refuse to communicate with you unless it's on Talking Parents...) What??? How is this HELPFUL FOR TWO ESTRANGED PARENTS??? Communicating through a Website has been nothing but a nightmare. I'm not even Court Ordered to communicate with only Talking Parents, but my ex husband has taken it upon himself to ONLY communicate with Talking Parents now. This Website made a somewhat decent communication process between two divorced individuals with children, into no communication, read messages with no response, frustrating every other Avenue (via text, email, calling) the other parent to say, "Read your God Damn messages on Talking Parents!"

They should change the name to: No Talking Parents, we can guarantee a platform for writing statements... but we can't guarantee anything else but that!

I honestly have no idea how this Website is actually HELPING anyone who is in the midst of a nasty divorce with children. This Website has absolutely nothing to do with the children whatsoever, it has however created a new way for "parents" to be malicious and callous because no one is checking in on their communication. Thank you Talking Parents, just another disaster to deal with on a daily basis.
kingj19
4/20/19
I don't think co-parenting would've worked out if we had to communicate any other way. I have no complaints whatsoever. I've been using the web version. (Free) for three years now
miked593
3/25/19
With all due respect to everyone complaining (especially when the reasons why this app is being used is already frustrating and emotionally volatile), I don't really understand what the huge issue is. Now keep in mind, I'm using the site, not the app, so I'm not paying any money for it but I also have no experience regarding the performance of the app - and of course, you can't use the app if you aren't paying for it. All that said, all you have to do is set the (free) website account to send an email notification for anything important. You can also set your email client or app to treat every email from Talking Parents as 'important.' Voila: you don't miss a single message or update, all for free. And this is on your phone, too - if you're not getting notifications about your messages, sorry, but its user error, and not the service itself. My advice is to take some time to learn more about your device settings and client/app settings, as well as which clients/apps are better than others. I see no legitimate reason to have to pay for the app. None.
jasonw369
2/19/19
2 days of working with this app and I had to get rid of it. It delivered messages 1 1/2 hours late and really messed some things up between me and my ex wife. I would not recommend it for any co parents!
danielg389
1/7/19
Talking Parents is a very frustrating company to deal with..I have had great difficulty connecting with the other parent. I emailed them more than 5 times and asked to speak to someone about my issued and I asked to be walked through the set up to which I received only email responses. Then I asked if they could delete my information so I can sign up anew to which they again sent a generalized email response. I am still not connected or able to sign in and I am still waiting for help from them! It's terrible and shameful that I cannot receive technical help from them after 3 weeks of asking. I wish they had a competitor, it would be easier to get my court order changed to a different parent communication APP.
marissam59
11/28/18
The judges make you use this and dont even take it and or acknowledge as evidence.. Not only that but, it cost 49.99 to be able to use the app which gives you notifications. As well as other features it offers such as being able to print out the conversations.
roberth1047
11/22/18
It's 3 am the night before hankagiving and I've spent half the day on this app, reading my wife's paragraph long abusive dishonest message she wrote to make her look like mom#1. I haven't seen my kids in 5 months because my wife lied to the police and courts. They just empower her and her desire to alienate me from my kids has her successful. The bond i had with them is broken (ages 3, 3 and 2). She gets to talk down on me in this app, continuing the abuse I've endured for the last 4 years. She uses it to try to trick me into contacting her. How does this company feel about being part of an evil American enterprise. I miss you boys so much, i love u guys and hope we'll be together soon. -dad
lauran120
10/26/18
The court system is rigged, corrupt and forcing parents in court orders to use talking parents is a complete waste of time.
This is not in the best interest for children as it will not fix a broken family and should NOT be recommended.
Court system is broken and unjust!
Wish I could rate 0
katherinec106
8/7/18
This is an amazing app/website used in the uk. I've used it to correspond with an abusive ex and so far it had delivered and has been great. i printed off the correspondence for the court at a nominal fee of about £3 . I would recommend this esp those who are dealing with controllers, manipulators and narcissists. Everything is logged if you've gone no contact with everything else. excellent work and more advertising!
karip21
7/24/18
I am court ordered to waste my time corresponding with a pot smoking, narcissist, who doesn't support us .
He uses the site for me to give 3rd party messages from, and rub in her face relationships she doesn't have with siblings due to his lies and manipulations.
She is almost 17, graduated from high school, and desires no relationship with this man, yet I'm forced to sit up at 9pm and respond so I'm following protocol and court orders, even though he doesn't .
Visitation was set for one hour SUPERVISED and she refuses to go. What does that tell you. If you want to be a parent, it start a at birth, not when it's convenient for you and the court. Ridiculous.
mickeyg15
6/27/18
I am an attorney that has recommended to my clients', and had the Court order the parties, to use this app over 60 times. None of my clients are happy with the service, they complain they do not always receive their messages and complain about the price - mainly because it is advertised as free. There are alternatives, like divorce wizard.
danielb529
6/15/18
I purchased the premium membership and messages sometimes don't show up at all on your phone...it is not reliable at all. don't waste your time and money.
theresac115
6/1/18
It's a website to just check in and if there's any importance that needs to be communicated regarding the child but the man I was married to uses it like a smear campaign hopefully one day the judge will see through it using it for years now
judithg38
3/28/18
This application is a total waste of time. Some of the messages you recieve, some you do not. You end up receiving an important message days after it has been sent. Horrible for communication between parents. I would not recommend this form of communication to co-parent.
dariell
2/21/18
Not sure why is it listed as a free app, if you downloaded the app and want to receive/send messages they force you to pay a monthly subscription. Their system sucks.
johnk484
12/27/17
This site as 3-times more negative feedback than positive. Matthew H claims those negative reviews are lies. I can assure you, the negative reviews are wholly accurate. TALKING PARENTS is just a pathetic site with pathetic management/ownership/customer service. PERIOD. Read Matthew H with his review; then read what T.P. Kristin K says about his positive review. Sounds to me like Matthew and Kristin are perpetuating fraud against the public by making YOU think their site is great. It is not. TELL YOUR LAWYER NO.....do not use the Talking Parents site.
Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, John. I'm sorry that you haven't had a good experience on our site. We take pride in our customer service and ability to help our users. Please let us know what we can do to make your experience better.
nicolec170
12/21/17
so many ads, seems like a way to nickle and dime parents trying to get along. Just get along and just say no!
Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi Nicole. I'm sorry that you did not like the ads on the page. We try to keep them to a minimum, but they are necessary to recoup the cost of hosting and developing the site. We are making changes to the site and the ads, so I hope you will give us another chance.
toms381
11/23/17
This is joke perpetrated by idiot lawyers that haven't figured out what email is.

Yeah we so need the parents to only go through a website instead of just sending a text or email that goes straight to the other spouse's phone... Ya know because now the spouse can choose not to open the message because they have an email telling them there is something to ignore.... Genius
Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, Tom. Our site is designed to be a certifiable copy of communication between co-parents. While we cannot force the other parent to open the message, you will have a record that a message was sent and ignored. We hope this helps.
matthewh120
11/2/17
Awesome online, 5++ have not used the app. 4 years using it, used it in court as well, without paying.
Pretty sure the lying reviews are competetors.
Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thank you for your review, Matthew! We're thrilled that you enjoy our service so much. We hope to continue to serve your needs in the future.

Hi, Michael. That decision would have to be made in court. We do not set any rules or regulations and act only as a way to record communication between parents.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Does the Judhe actually look in the app is My ? Because if they dont it does not serve its purpose

By Sabrina S.

Yes, if an image is viewed an eye icon will appear and will say "viewed" and the time it was viewed.

By Rebecca P.

Yes you can. You request a full report, or I believe you can request single conversations only. In Colorado these are self authenticating and can be used in court as exhibits.

By Rebecca P.

If there's a court order that you use the app and the other party does not comply, it can be a contempt issue. However, the app is not for your communication with your children, and the years of no communication indicate a bigger problem. I suggest you speak with an attorney in your area.

By Rebecca P.

Yes! As an attorney I regularly use these conversations to show the court how my client communicates, how the opposing party communicates, whether notice was properly given, and whether an issue was ever raised. I highly recommend this product.

By Rebecca P.

The app has a paywall to use at all. However, I see no reason to pay for it - you can use the free site, set it to notify you by email whenever there's a message or other update, and set your email client to treat all messages from Talking Parents as high-priority and to notify you. All of this on a phone, not just computer.

By Mike D.

They do not go straight to the court. You would have to have a pending issue before the court, and you need to take the recordings and records in to the court as your exhibit.

By Rebecca P.

Hi, Robert. Once you open a new conversation in the app, you should see a paperclip icon in the top right corner of your screen. Once you click on the icon, your album folders will appear.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Not really free, free to use, but it costs money to get any of your data out.

By Laura T.
Questions? Get answers from the TalkingParents staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TalkingParents