Review of FindLaw

Tel: 1.800.455.4565
2018 Customer choice award

jennifera327
1/30/19

"Here's the critical thing to understand about FindLaw's service agreement: FindLaw will enforce the agreement and they will not hesitate to litigate if you try to leave early.

Don't expect any good faith or understanding if things just aren't working out; FindLaw will attempt to compel you to pay every last dime required by the service agreement."

Further, the representatives have no incentive to assist you when you express distress with the failing websites and 6/10 the site will not be lucrative.

attorneys1
1/8/19

Negative -500 score - misrepresentation, fraud, do not deliver what is promised. Total scam. Just trying to make money and they lie about the service. There should be a class action against them

jenniferp367
9/19/18

I have been with Findlaw as an advertiser for years. For the past twelve months, I paid a premium of $800 to $1,200 per month for premium advertising. Of the $12,000 + I spent with Find Law, I received 1,yes, 1 client. I would say your money is better spent anywhere else. Additionally, they have a 90 day cancellation policy so even when you realize you are not getting any benefit, you have to pay an additional $3000 to get yourself out of the mess. Stay clear small businesses.

ryanm330
7/19/18

This is a company that is known for selling products on several year contracts and then leaving the client in the wind. Service is terrible and don't expect them to do anything with your account once set up. Even if your spending thousand of dollars with Findlaw every month, it is not important enough for them to follow through on what they sold to my Firm.
Stay away and be very cautious of there sales tactics. Bait and switch comes to my mind.

cc260
7/6/18

I can't speak to their marketing, but Findlaw has some fairly good free research tools. Unfortunately, their articles (e.g. in FindLaw Top Headlines) are generally written by green attorneys that far too often inject juvenile attempts at humor and political bias in their writing.

marlenep12
2/22/18

Glenn Youngling and Anna Kates have illegally charged me $325.05 for legal services unrendered.
I requested a one sentence letter for my lender to confirm my HOA dues. Anna Kates refused to write the letter and then proceeded to charge me for the unwritten letter. She also placed a lien on my house for the $325.05. After repeated emails since November 2017 to correct this error I have not heard back from either Glenn Youngling or Anna Kates. Disiplinary Action with the Ca State Bar for fraud and unethical conduct has been filed.

larryb170
11/22/17

I've been in practice for 35 years, and have been approached by and scammed by several web design and Google placement companies, but these guys take the cake.

Lots of promises at the beginning and several phone conferences before website is off and running. Then 5 minutes of social media advice and you are on your own. Awful company. Virtually no new cases, and we are competing with our competition within their Findlaw sub directory.

Worst and most dishonest scam artists I've ever dealt with.

johnd790
6/16/17

Sent case summary for evaluation. Two weeks later no response. Tried to send again. Send button on site would not work. Sent request to "help" under "contact us." They asked for more information. Two weeks later still no response, even after sending summary to the help line. Then contacted one of the recommended lawyers through their contact page that lists lawyers who do the type of law I needed (according to them). The lawyer's response was that he does not do that type of litigation. It is now a full month since I tried to get an evaluation of my case and obtain a possible law representative. It is almost 5pm Friday. Thanks Findlaw NOT.

johnnyl23
11/27/16

I honestly do not know where to start praising Rebecca Cosca, she is simply amazing. I have paid good money in the past to other attorneys that are very reputable and claim to be the best at what they do, but the results are what counts, and the results with Rebecca were way better! Rebecca is one of a kind. She has a style that is uniquely a combination of professional and comforting. Rebecca was able to get me the best outcome possible in my DUI case. I am not the type to post or write reviews about anyone or anything but Rebecca was so extraordinary that I am compelled to post a review about this amazing attorney. Do yourself a favor if you ever find a need for a criminal, DUI, attorney Rebecca is simply the best choice in the state of Maryland. Her fees are very reasonable and her professionalism is outstanding.

sheilaw37
8/22/16

Lawyer Asap is KEL with a name change After 2 partners got in trouble with the bar.

After the get your money the don't do the work. They kept changing out the staff that was doing my work each change delayed my case.

Finally I asked for my flat rate fee to be returned according to our written agreement, but they said no. Filed a complaint on the better business bureau and found they have a F Rating.

Picketing the office seems like the next step. Class action, or small claims maybe. They stole 1500 from this old couple!

ashleyb161
8/8/16

I called a lawyer by the name of Paula in my area Acworth and she was very rude to my partner and I ! It was maybe after 4pm when I called and she wasn't letting me speak rushing me and I felt not trying to understand. . Instead of saying she had to go and giving me another time to reach her she rushed my free consultation! We will not be using her in my opinion very unprofessional and just flat out rude ..... I tired to have my partner call to better and future explain our situation and she refuse to hear him out ! We ended up finding someone helpful and professional who clearly loves what they do . So if you are in the Acworth area don't use Paula very unprofessional.

hg37
7/5/16

SCAM ARTIST,CHEATS now called lawyersASAP
7/5/16
mADE APPT FOR FREE CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY; ATTORNEY NO SHOW. ASSISTANT SAID ATTORNEY (BUT SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHICH ONE )WOULD REVIEW MY PAPERS AND CALL FOR OUR FREE CONSULTATION, BUT IF i WAS IN A HURRY, LEAVE THE $1500 DEPOSIT TO GO AHEAD AND WE COULD START AS SOON AS ATTORNEY REVIEWED. I CALLED AND CALLE3D. FIRSST ONE ATTORNEY, THEN ANOTHER WOULD REVIEW . FINALLY SECOND ONE SAID I HAD NO CASE BUT THEY REFUSE TO REFUND RETAINER EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOTHING FOR ME. THEY SENT ME A FORM LETTER - THEY MUST PRINT HUNDREDS - TO REFUSE TO RETURN MY MONEY. NO SUIT...NO RETAINER. SCAMMERS...CHEATS.. NO WONDER THEY HAD TO CHANGE NAME AND MOST OF THEIR ATTORNEYS LEFT. BAD BAD GROUP.

No show seems deliberate so they scam you out of 1500 and you are stuck to them like glue
MEETER AND GREETER MUST GET COMMISSION GETTING DEPOSIT OUT OF YOU SINCE NO ATTORNEY SHOWS UP . THIEVES!
Btw they only use brand new attorneys who go to fl schools that are NOT credited in other states. Keep away

thomasm145
12/24/15

I found all the required legal info for my research in one place. Here you can find all the legal stuff, including articles and videos and even the lawyers profiles.

justinj27
11/30/15

Reliable site for legal information - FindLaw was one of the earliest legal resource sites on the web, and is still among the most reliable and comprehensive sources of free information about many legal topics. .

peggyj7
10/15/15

VERY GOOD STE

manishp4
9/5/15

I'm using Findlaw for my research in law area and so far i've had a pleasant experience.

leeh60
8/24/15

I've used that website to find out things i needed in the whole law sphere. I recommend it

johnh295
2/9/15

If you are using Find Law for research, there are much, much better alternatives. If you are using FindLaw for online marketing, you are throwing money away. I signed up for a year to the tune of $18,000 on the representation that they would design a "state of the art" website that would "drive business" to my firm. They designed what looked like a pre-packaged, canned site. Pretty much looked like something that sold cleaning supplies. After a year of "optimization", I got NOT ONE inquiry. Not one. Not one phone call. Not one e-mail. Not one client. Not one.
They knew it, of course, so they "graciously" offered to renew my subscription for less money for the following year. My question is why would I spend a dime, much less an additional $9,000 for web marketing that generated no business.
FindLaw is a complete and total ripoff and waste of money.
My experience is not unique, by the way. The rep boasted about the sites for other local lawyers FindLaw had done. I should have called in advance. After I decided not to renew, I called several of them and they had all had the same experience I had and had moved on. Don't waste your money. It really doesn't get any worse that this.

sterlingj5
12/1/14

Few months back, I was looking for a legal firm who could offer best copyright registration services. I got the reference of mar firms, but finally one of my colleague suggested me find law its a nice law firm

seos2
6/27/12

It is a great site to get ideas about areas of law to consider. I also like the content...

rachelc1
2/25/11

This is my favorite legal portal. We use this all the time at work.

deborahl
1/31/10

I personally use FindLaw.com for most of my legal research. I find it very user friendly to navigate. Whether a law student, lawyer or interested in the law this is a great place to start. In my opinion I like the fact that there are blogs and discussions. It is straight forward without a policitcal agenda. If you are interested in only the Supreme Court you can narrow your search and FindLaw has the full Supreme Court rulings with both the consenting and dissenting decisions. Good place to start if you have questions and provides other links. Very helpful site.

trailm
11/14/07

Reliable site for legal information - FindLaw was one of the earliest legal resource sites on the web, and is still among the most reliable and comprehensive sources of free information about many legal topics. They have an area "For the Public" and "For Legal Professionals" -- so it's useful for both lawyers and non-lawyers seeking legal information. It's generally U.S.-focused.

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer -1

Trustworthy lawyers

By Lana L.
Questions? Get answers from the FindLaw staff and other customers.

FindLaw?