Review of Swisstool.co.uk

Tel: +44-238-0528257
support@swisstool.co.uk

oaksn
2/15/19

Do not worry about the old negative reviews about this company. I
ordered my 'tool' Sunday morning on the free 4-7 day super saver
delivery and received it Wednesday morning, so well within the advised
time. The online ordering was nice and easy, confirmation email was sent
in seconds and status of the order updated regularly via email. The
paperwork, packaging and item on delivery was all spot on. I'm a very
happy customer, glad I took the 'chance' I would therefore not hesitate
to recommend them, or use them again. They have obviously got their act
together the last few years, so credit where credit is due guys.

alanh119
4/4/18

None delivery of item.no reply to any e mails.No reply to posted letter.had to get money back via bank.Would warn anyone to be very wary.

barbaral104
6/1/17

Please don't use this company.
Great website, has contact details, and address.
However, like other 1 star reviews there has been no contact since the receipt was sent.
someone has gone to a lot of effort to set it up but it isn't real

alanl71
5/29/17

Do not use this company. I paid extra for a non-standard coloured knife. They delivered (eventually and with no communication) a standard coloured knife, which I immediately returned. According to their terms & conditions I was entitled to a full refund and I should have been able to claim back my return postage costs. Despite having proof from Royal Mail that the returned knife had been received by the company they did not refund me. I had to get my credit card company to open a case against them. My credit card company refunded me. This company do not ever answer their phone or reply to emails. I am still out of pocket for the postage. As an aside - the colour they were offering does not exist for that particular knife.

markh307
4/22/17

I ordered a Red Climber Swiss Army Knife, with personalisation, from Swisstool on Saturday evening the 15th April. Product arrived in the post the following Friday, the 21st April. Product arrived well packaged to protect it from any damage, and came in the gift box I ordered. My order was acknowledged at the time it was placed and arrived the day after I had been informed it had been dispatched. I have seen and read a few negative reviews about the company, but can only say my experience when purchasing this product was very good.

grahama14
1/18/17

I first ordered a knife from Swisstool in mid 2015. It turned up quickly.

I ordered a second the following week, then found an alternative in a different colour on another site, and used their contact form to ask them to cancel it. I got a nice email back from a chap called Steven who said it was no problem and, he took care of it immediately.

We then got into an email chat about where I could get replacement scales (handles) for a knife I'd had for 30 years, and Steven was again very helpful, giving the details of the Victorinox distributor who he thought might be able to help me. He also seemed to know his stuff.

In 2016 I needed to replace a knife I'd lost. I ordered one from Swisstool, and it turned up quickly, but I wasn't a fan of the colour. I emailed them to let them know I'd like to return it, but got no reply. A couple of weeks later I tried the online contact form. Again, no reply.

Now, I felt this was out of character, so thought that perhaps I was dealing with a very small company and that perhaps Steven had some big "life" issues to deal with and the business had had to take a back seat (e.g. a death). I tried again a few weeks later, but still got no reply. I couldn't get through on the phone either (I tried a few times).

This was a bummer but not the end of the world. I decided to write it off and move on.

Then, last week, I wanted a new knife, and couldn't find anybody who stocked it other than Swisstool. That's how I ended up on this review site, and I thought "hmmm, perhaps I'm not alone". I decided to give Swisstool one last shot; at least they'd always sent me what I'd ordered, even if I couldn't get hold of them later.

The knife took 2 days to arrive, so today I decided to ring the number on the web site.

Steven picked up after 2 rings, and I explained I'd been trying to get in touch, and that I'd wanted to swap a knife that I'd bought 6 months earlier. He asked me my name so he could look up my order history, asked which knife it was, and then asked what I'd like to swap it for (which is a knife with costs £20 more).

Steven said he'd send the new knife out with a pre-paid envelope in which I could return the original, to save me the postage. In other words, I got first class customer service. There was no debate, and he didn't make feel even slightly guilty for asking to return it 6 months late. It was the epitome of the "absolutely, that's no problem at all" customer service experience.

Once this was all sorted I mentioned I'd checked for reviews of Swisstool online, and that others had said they'd had no reply to their messages. Perhaps they had a communication problem (e.g. emails aren't getting through, or there's a badly configured spam filter). I believe Steven when he said he wasn't aware of any such issues. He said he'd get in touch with the people who handle the email and ask whether they could find my earlier email, to see what might have happened to it.

Given how helpful he was today, I do wonder whether he's been getting everybody's messages. He suggested I should phone, as they're always available on the phone. I said I'd tried and failed last year (multiple times), but perhaps the 02380 number on the site is the first thing to try if you want to get in touch with them.

If this new knife doesn't turn up in the next few days, I'll be sure to come back here and say so!

And I hope this story is helpful to people.

doodlef
12/22/16

I was apprehensive ordering from Swisstool after reading mixed reviews. But since they were the only retailer selling the rare Astrochimp design on the internet, I decided it was worth the risk. I opted for expedited delivery/fast dispatch to attempt to get it before christmas. For a personalised item it arrived super quick - ordered it on late Friday evening and it arrived swiftly on Tuesday morning. Will probably order myself another item from the boutique collection. All in all a great experience and will order again :)

stephens85
8/7/15

Great choice, great price, great service.

Ordered 5 personalised knives as gifts for wedding party (male continent obviously) on Monday night and received on Wednesday.

Knives are top quality, engraving is top quality, packaging is top quality.

Would very highly recommend

malcolmc15
12/24/14

Write your review to help others learn about this online business
This firm is a disgrace and to be avoided like the plague
I ordered 4 x top end knives with the teenage boys' names for Xmas under the priority service. After 10 days none had arrived, 4 emails to the company remain unanswered and surprise surprise (I was a fool not to spot it) the company has no phone number
At best mountainous incompetence but more likely has the feel of blatant fraud. I have written to the credit card company and am amazed that they let this firm take peoples money!

cl5645
8/26/14

Dreadful company to deal with. Ordered and nothing ever came. Emailed every one of their contacts several times and no one responded. Ended up having to go through fraud section of bank to get refund. Avoid this company and buy from Amazon instead.

victoriah9
12/18/13

We ordered 2 swiss knives and two pouches. Everything arrived quickly but we only received one of the two pouches ordered. I sent them an e:mail but they haven't responded. Shame really as the delivery on other items was very fast. From now on I think that I won't order from any website that doesn't display a telephone number. I also think it would be wise to check for reviews before ordering from an Internet site i the future. I am a Company Director and I think it is terrible that there seems to be an increase in Internet companies that are not supplying goods paid for.

harryd9
11/5/13

My score is based entirely on my personal experience to. The order was only by 3 day in germany. It was exactly what i from Victorinox ordered. It is a good shop.

annas27
7/7/13

My score is based entirely on my personal experience. The order was late only by one day (not bad for customised item free 2nd class delivery within 8 working days). it was exactly what i ordered with a correctly engraved name. So good job. In between when I checked website and saw warning note that the website would be closed for two weeks I became suspicious. A few searches on Internet brought some negative feedback. So the first thing I did, contacted my bank to cancel payment. But very next day my order arrived and I had to go back to my bank to validate payment.

nigell2
7/2/13

I placed an order for an item they had in stock. Although delivery was to be 3-7 working days I still haven't received the goods some 22 working days later. I've emailed them 4 times no response what so ever....so the credit card company have been contacted and will be investigating the company...for fraudulent activities.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY !!

zackg13
2/15/13

Best price, Best service

Purchased a personalized Blossom Victorinox knife for my wife, excellent service. A quick delivery, most impressed with price and personalized print.

sidt4
11/20/12

Absolute con!!, paid for goods, no delivery, no reply to several emails, the adress on their website is a Tesco Express!!

borisp
6/30/12

The knife I ordered has eventually arrived, but it took nearly two weeks. Most of the time the website was showing order status as 'queued'. Having read large number of negative reviews (unfortunately only after placing the order) I was getting concerned, emailed the company, never received a reply, tried hard to find their phone number, but no luck. As said, the knife eventually arrived, looks genuine and was slightly cheaper than elsewhere but it was not worth the stress. Would not use this company again.

Lesson learned - read company reviews before shopping online!

helenp1
9/30/10

Don't be fooled by the professional looking website with login details required to be able to shop, contact us page with a drop down menu for numerous departments, nationwide shipping claims,impressive terms and conditions, and professional looking invoices and order numbers. This company is rubbish and will not respond to your contact or send you your goods.

If the other reviews are right this seems to be one crook working alone and not a big reputable company as the website would make you think. This chap has taken my money and not supplied the goods and I suspect never will.

Websites like this shouldn't be allowed to operate. Avoid it like the palgue and certainly don't put your card details in.

kevinj2
2/7/10

Straightforward scam. Take your money, don't supply the goods, don't answer emails, letters or phone calls asking for refund. Hamid Moosavi is a crook.

andreab2
12/5/09

Please don't try to order from this website, we too are having problems, they have taken our money but have not delivered the goods !!!!!

chriso1
3,140 helpful votes
10/16/09

(Reviewed by request)

There seemed to be a few moans about the service here, going back a few years. Not enough to call it a scam or anything at that level, just some unhappy customers. Then I found a bunch more, and more recently, here:

There does seem to be an awful lot happening at this address. The parent company is called The Maybe Group, coincidentally also at this address, and their director is listed as one Hamid Moosavi, whose email address is at swisstool.co.uk and coincidentally also turns up as the address for Mr. Moosavi in his alter ego as technical contact for a site called bsgoa.com, the home of Bruce Smith's Gallery Of Amazements. Mr. Smith, a magician of repute, has a site created by Mr Moosavi and would have no other connection to this but for his email address, which is also listed as belonging to swisstool.co.uk, which I think we can speculate is run by the busy Mr. Moosavi. This led to finding Maybe Design Studio, Internet Web Design & Development company, in the same building as swisstool, along with Maybe Toys toys and games, M T Moosavi & Co Accountants, P A News Centres, Newsagents and off license, and The Streatham Bed Company. There's a photo of the storefront here if you're curious:

and according to the local authority the building also includes four apartments. Wow. So, a regular hive of activity, and given all that accounting and toy and game and bed sales and web design and newsagency, no wonder poor old swisstool gets a bit behind, sometimes. And that's important to knife enthusiasts, who are collectors of equal status to, say, numismatists or philatelists and, given the nature of their collections, are probably best not angered.

eiass
10/16/09

Placed an order on 5/10/09 & have not received it. Cannot get a reply to my e-mail from Swisstool. I am wondering if this is a scam website. Beware anyone using this site. Can anything be done to verify if this is a genuine site?

Questions? Get answers from the Swisstool.co.uk staff and other customers.

Swisstool.co.uk?