Swisstool.co.uk

Swisstool.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.06 stars from 32 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Swisstool.co.uk ranks 34th among Knives sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 12.5%

No positive highlights yet

• so the credit card company have been contacted and will be investigating the company...
How would you rate Swisstool.co.uk?

“Okay”

Sean W.
8/3/20

I have ordered a few knives from this company and they have all arrived in fairly good time with no problems. My gripe concerns their customer service. I have emailed them 4 times and not had a single reply. Absolute rubbish. They can't blame Covid either because the first email I sent was some weeks ago. It seems that they just ignore all contacts. I even asked them to read my emails in the notes you can leave when you place an order. Still nothing.

“This Company should be avoid”

Daniel M.
6/24/21

This company is a scam. They display a Trustpilot rating of 4.8 which is a lie. I ordered 2 items from them one was sent but the Pick Note said that the second item another knife was "Out of Stock we send ASAP!" despite contacting twice requesting an update through their 'Customer Service' portal and emailing their Orders address they have failed to communicate. I have subsequently discovered from other reviews on the web that this is a common practice for this company of only partially fulfilling orders. I would advise anyone considering using this company to find a more reputable and honest company to trade with

credit card company (3)
danielm2653
June 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

kimw701
January 6th, 2021

Ordered knife that never arrived. Company refused to answer phone calls. E-mails left unanswered. Police Fraud Team informed & bank to reclaim money. Anybody else who has been conned request a chargeback form from your bank, easy to fill out & they will investigate and charge back these scammers the amount you paid.

Tip for consumers:
Do not place orders with these people.

seanw310
August 3rd, 2020

mikes2620
September 27th, 2020

I ordered a personalized knife for my son's 10th birthday, with what I thought was plenty of time for it to be delivered (14 days).

Six weeks after I received the dispatch notice, I still have not received the knife. Don't know what's going on at this company but they are clearly not interested in customer service. No response to multiple emails and phone calls.

oaksn
February 15th, 2019

Do not worry about the old negative reviews about this company. I
Ordered my 'tool' Sunday morning on the free 4-7 day super saver
Delivery and received it Wednesday morning, so well within the advised
Time. The online ordering was nice and easy, confirmation email was sent
In seconds and status of the order updated regularly via email. The
Paperwork, packaging and item on delivery was all spot on. I'm a very
Happy customer, glad I took the 'chance' I would therefore not hesitate
To recommend them, or use them again. They have obviously got their act
Together the last few years, so credit where credit is due guys.

doodlef
December 22nd, 2016

I was apprehensive ordering from Swisstool after reading mixed reviews. But since they were the only retailer selling the rare Astrochimp design on the internet, I decided it was worth the risk. I opted for expedited delivery/fast dispatch to attempt to get it before christmas. For a personalised item it arrived super quick - ordered it on late Friday evening and it arrived swiftly on Tuesday morning. Will probably order myself another item from the boutique collection. All in all a great experience and will order again :)

alanh471
December 23rd, 2020

My wife made an order on 06. 12. 20 which was acknowledged and notified by this company had been despatched on 09. 12. 20. No order has been received as at 23. 12. 20 and one e mail on 21. 12. 20 and a request through their web site on 22. 12. 20 had been ignored. They have been paid and the payment Is on my card statement. Easy money and perhaps illegal I think avoid this company.

susieg72
April 5th, 2021

Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews before I ordered a swisscard for a birthday gift on the 12th of March 2021. As with all other reviewers I have not received My order, They don't answer phones, never reply to emails... it reads your message has been successful and the support team will reply shortly... nothing. I will now have to spend time contacting my bank.

claral73
February 3rd, 2021

Like others, I ordered and paid from what seemed like a legit website. Nothing has arrived. No response to emails or phone calls. Don't buy from this company!

markh307
April 22nd, 2017

I ordered a Red Climber Swiss Army Knife, with personalisation, from Swisstool on Saturday evening the 15th April. Product arrived in the post the following Friday, the 21st April. Product arrived well packaged to protect it from any damage, and came in the gift box I ordered. My order was acknowledged at the time it was placed and arrived the day after I had been informed it had been dispatched. I have seen and read a few negative reviews about the company, but can only say my experience when purchasing this product was very good.

daveo204
December 4th, 2020

I recently purchased a knife with personalisation, paid by debit card.
This was fine, knife received and happy so far, but...
During the ordering process a second order was generated ( accidental extra click possibly). Swisstool realised this was an error and only sent me one knife, BUT they took the money for both orders.
I have messaged several times on their website, but have received no reply.
I Googled the company and found a phone number ( 02380 528257), and have called many times at different times and on several days, calls are unanswered.
So---they may be capable of supplying knives, but if you need any after sales service BEWARE - THERE ISN'T ANY!

grahama14
January 18th, 2017

I first ordered a knife from Swisstool in mid 2015. It turned up quickly.

I ordered a second the following week, then found an alternative in a different colour on another site, and used their contact form to ask them to cancel it. I got a nice email back from a chap called Steven who said it was no problem and, he took care of it immediately.

We then got into an email chat about where I could get replacement scales (handles) for a knife I'd had for 30 years, and Steven was again very helpful, giving the details of the Victorinox distributor who he thought might be able to help me. He also seemed to know his stuff.

In 2016 I needed to replace a knife I'd lost. I ordered one from Swisstool, and it turned up quickly, but I wasn't a fan of the colour. I emailed them to let them know I'd like to return it, but got no reply. A couple of weeks later I tried the online contact form. Again, no reply.

Now, I felt this was out of character, so thought that perhaps I was dealing with a very small company and that perhaps Steven had some big "life" issues to deal with and the business had had to take a back seat (e.g. A death). I tried again a few weeks later, but still got no reply. I couldn't get through on the phone either (I tried a few times).

This was a bummer but not the end of the world. I decided to write it off and move on.

Then, last week, I wanted a new knife, and couldn't find anybody who stocked it other than Swisstool. That's how I ended up on this review site, and I thought "hmmm, perhaps I'm not alone". I decided to give Swisstool one last shot; at least they'd always sent me what I'd ordered, even if I couldn't get hold of them later.

The knife took 2 days to arrive, so today I decided to ring the number on the web site.

Steven picked up after 2 rings, and I explained I'd been trying to get in touch, and that I'd wanted to swap a knife that I'd bought 6 months earlier. He asked me my name so he could look up my order history, asked which knife it was, and then asked what I'd like to swap it for (which is a knife with costs £20 more).

Steven said he'd send the new knife out with a pre-paid envelope in which I could return the original, to save me the postage. In other words, I got first class customer service. There was no debate, and he didn't make feel even slightly guilty for asking to return it 6 months late. It was the epitome of the "absolutely, that's no problem at all" customer service experience.

Once this was all sorted I mentioned I'd checked for reviews of Swisstool online, and that others had said they'd had no reply to their messages. Perhaps they had a communication problem (e.g. Emails aren't getting through, or there's a badly configured spam filter). I believe Steven when he said he wasn't aware of any such issues. He said he'd get in touch with the people who handle the email and ask whether they could find my earlier email, to see what might have happened to it.

Given how helpful he was today, I do wonder whether he's been getting everybody's messages. He suggested I should phone, as they're always available on the phone. I said I'd tried and failed last year (multiple times), but perhaps the 02380 number on the site is the first thing to try if you want to get in touch with them.

If this new knife doesn't turn up in the next few days, I'll be sure to come back here and say so!

And I hope this story is helpful to people.

stephens85
August 7th, 2015

Great choice, great price, great service.

Ordered 5 personalised knives as gifts for wedding party (male continent obviously) on Monday night and received on Wednesday.

Knives are top quality, engraving is top quality, packaging is top quality.

Would very highly recommend

davidb4171
April 21st, 2020

Absolutely terrible! Ordered my knife 3 weeks ago. No knife delivered, no reply to all my emails! Now have the bank on the case to get me my money back

zackg13
February 15th, 2013

Best price, Best service

Purchased a personalized Blossom Victorinox knife for my wife, excellent service. A quick delivery, most impressed with price and personalized print.

bobh852
March 31st, 2020

No goods provided. No response to email or phone calls. Appears to be a correspondence address. No details of business owner

barbaral104
June 1st, 2017

Please don't use this company.
Great website, has contact details, and address.
However, like other 1 star reviews there has been no contact since the receipt was sent.
Someone has gone to a lot of effort to set it up but it isn't real

alanh119
April 4th, 2018

None delivery of item.no reply to any e mails.No reply to posted letter. Had to get money back via bank. Would warn anyone to be very wary.

alanl71
May 29th, 2017

Do not use this company. I paid extra for a non-standard coloured knife. They delivered (eventually and with no communication) a standard coloured knife, which I immediately returned. According to their terms & conditions I was entitled to a full refund and I should have been able to claim back my return postage costs. Despite having proof from Royal Mail that the returned knife had been received by the company they did not refund me. I had to get my credit card company to open a case against them. My credit card company refunded me. This company do not ever answer their phone or reply to emails. I am still out of pocket for the postage. As an aside - the colour they were offering does not exist for that particular knife.

annas27
July 7th, 2013

My score is based entirely on my personal experience. The order was late only by one day (not bad for customised item free 2nd class delivery within 8 working days). It was exactly what i ordered with a correctly engraved name. So good job. In between when I checked website and saw warning note that the website would be closed for two weeks I became suspicious. A few searches on Internet brought some negative feedback. So the first thing I did, contacted my bank to cancel payment. But very next day my order arrived and I had to go back to my bank to validate payment.

malcolmc15
December 24th, 2014

Write your review to help others learn about this online business
This firm is a disgrace and to be avoided like the plague
I ordered 4 x top end knives with the teenage boys' names for Xmas under the priority service. After 10 days none had arrived, 4 emails to the company remain unanswered and surprise surprise (I was a fool not to spot it) the company has no phone number
At best mountainous incompetence but more likely has the feel of blatant fraud. I have written to the credit card company and am amazed that they let this firm take peoples money!

cl5645
August 26th, 2014

Dreadful company to deal with. Ordered and nothing ever came. Emailed every one of their contacts several times and no one responded. Ended up having to go through fraud section of bank to get refund. Avoid this company and buy from Amazon instead.

victoriah9
December 18th, 2013

We ordered 2 swiss knives and two pouches. Everything arrived quickly but we only received one of the two pouches ordered. I sent them an e: mail but they haven't responded. Shame really as the delivery on other items was very fast. From now on I think that I won't order from any website that doesn't display a telephone number. I also think it would be wise to check for reviews before ordering from an Internet site i the future. I am a Company Director and I think it is terrible that there seems to be an increase in Internet companies that are not supplying goods paid for.

borisp
June 30th, 2012

The knife I ordered has eventually arrived, but it took nearly two weeks. Most of the time the website was showing order status as 'queued'. Having read large number of negative reviews (unfortunately only after placing the order) I was getting concerned, emailed the company, never received a reply, tried hard to find their phone number, but no luck. As said, the knife eventually arrived, looks genuine and was slightly cheaper than elsewhere but it was not worth the stress. Would not use this company again.

Lesson learned - read company reviews before shopping online!

sidt4
November 20th, 2012

Absolute con!, paid for goods, no delivery, no reply to several emails, the adress on their website is a Tesco Express!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Swisstool.co.uk staff and other customers.

Swiss Army Knife Superstore - SwissTool.co.uk

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swisstool.co.uk?

Have a question about Swisstool.co.uk?