Review of StuffedSafari

Tel: 1-866-534-6604
support@stuffedsafari.com

tylere21
2/12/19

Ordered something for Valentine's Day and got the wrong version. I ordered a lying down llama with a customized bandana. What I got was a standing llama with no bandana. Girlfriend was happy with the llama so I told them that was fine but I still want the bandana. After 7-8 back and forth emails with some snoody Shannon chick I ha e given up hope for this place. According to her everything was my fault and her company would never mess up an order. Wtf? How do I even begin to express my frustration at that type of attitude?! Then she has the gall to tell me that if I still wanted the bandana not only do I have to pay for it again she also felt the need to tell me I'd have to pay for shipping also. I cussed her out. $#*! her. She then rage called me a few times on my cell phone when she KNEW I was at work. Totally unprofessional and they'll just take your ass for what they can get. Do NOT use this place. Side note, if you see this Shannon, you're human garbage.

mmg4
2/9/19

I ordered items that were in stock and then my order was delayed in shipping because the items were not available. My options were to wait or pay additional fees for shipping. Two of the stuffed animals I ordered were in terrible condition and they were shipped in a box with no protection not even tissue paper. Obviously quality control is not a priority. I tried to get a response to no avail except a message saying that they were a family owned business. I expect better service. Additionally, I notice the company does not post any reviews on their website unless they are positive.

shelleyg41
1/7/19

It's a really nice website, but you should really only order stuffed toys you really want that you cannot obtain elsewhere (if you don't live in America or Canada) and you should endeavour to order more than one at a time because if you live in Australia (for instance) and you order only one item, the cost of the shipping will generally be more than twice the cost of the toy. That's the only bad thing about them; they stock a much wider range than "Stuffed with plush."

davidr499
3/28/18

ordered a golden retriever dog with t shirt. dog was fine the t shirt was not the best fit on the dog. for $5 i was expecting it to fit better. other than that i have no complaints.

reading some of the other reviews i wasn't sure what to expect but i'd order from them again.

cb212
3/25/18

We love Stuffed Safari! We have got some toys from them and the toys have turned out awesome! It's also unique that you can add bandannas, and we have collected lots. They are the stuffed animal universe! They have fast shipping and also awesome quality.

Tip for consumers: Bandannas make it more fun for kids, and also you can give kids a plush if they are sick, like a bandanna that says "get well soon".

danm228
3/22/18

After several emails notices of delays on a gift, I purchased I finally just canceled my order as they wanted me to pay for an upgrade due to the fact they couldn't get it together on their end. What a joke! Pay for an upgrade after already waiting 3 weeks! Right after I wrote this review and placed an order with another Co. one of the Owners (Shannon) called to make things right. If I had not already placed the order I would have. Very impressed that she took time to call and explain what happened, and try to make it right!

daniell1835
3/15/18

I ordered an Aurora mini flopsie donkey and black panther and they came I also ordered an aurora destination nation leopard and it came for Christmas. They both came in with in a week

aj768
2/27/18

At Christmas Time I purchase a baby giraffe key turn musical for my grand daughter who wasn't born until January 18th. It is now February 27th and the music box doesn't play. I was first disappointed that the turn key was all plastic so I can imagine how cheap the music box is. Well they have a 30 day return policy and the only way they would help is if I buy another one. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Why would I buy another one? Now I know why it's 30 days because they don't stand by the quality. It was for an infant used maybe 10 times?? I called another place and they said they had some problems with the turn key on some stuffed animal and they were willing to help but unfortunately I didn't buy it through them, .....I will now.

bigtifl
12/23/17

I ordered a product o their site however due to issues on their end they were out of stock, they called and emailed me to let me know. I was able to pick another item with no issues and received the product in time for Christmas. Awesome experience

ians110
11/18/17

Came earlier than expected and came as they looked in the picture. Also the prices are very reasonable. Thanks Stuffed Safari

deet30
10/28/17

When I first read about this company upon considering placing an order with them, I was met with a lot of mixed reviews but decided to take the gamble. I'm glad I did because the service was quick (I received my order within a week.) and the quality of what I ordered was better than anticipated. (I ordered the leafy sea dragon 14.)

izzyc7
6/26/17

I'm a kid myself, so I'm the best critic when it comes to toys :D The animals look just like they do in the picture. Perfect qualtity! I love to collect stuffed animals because I love them. And this place has all sorts of stuffed animals. Dogs, cats, bugs, frogs, horses, farm animals, wild cats, monkeys, sharks, birds and many more. There jumbo animals are amazing and you can even buy bandannas with your own personal message and color with your stuffed animal! This website is like my heaven and it should be everybodies. I don't get what is up with all these bad reviews. Like just because you had on bad expirence that doesn't mean you rate it one star. Shipping is fast and the stuffed animals are cheap, but they still have good quality. Stuffed Safari needs to be more well known because I love this site and all the stuffed animals I buy from there are my best friends :D

Tip for consumers: You should make a Wishlist to keep track of the ones you want, and how much money it will cost overall.

norao5
3/21/17

I am crying tears of joy as I write this review. Dramatic much? If you experience stuffed safari youll understand why. The customer service here is very hands on and went above and beyond any average expectation. The stuffed safari team is truly invested in seeing to it that each customer is very satisfied with their order. Katie at stuffed safari was sweet and professional as she created a custom personalized crab for me even though crabs arent usually customizable. Katie saw to it that I recieved exactly what I needed as my special gift. The prices and shipping are beyond reasonable and the turnaround time is excellent. Katie and the team were around for me whenever I had a silly question or random inquiry. As a gift buyer and event coordinator I feel safe when trusting stuffed safari as i know they have my best interest in mind. Very thankful!

nicoleh91
3/17/17

I ordered jumbo pink fox plush and it was exactly as I wanted it. Very soft and cute! They didn't send shipping details but it came in less than a week.

kellyr100
12/27/16

I ordered back in september 2016 the 46 inch standing ride on husky from stuffed safari,,while it was expensive its got great features,has scared many visitors with the eyes and size!!! It arrived in excellent condition,packaged very secure & no damage to the box at all..The customer service was very polite & helped me in the how to order and payment methods,,I even recieved a call after my payment had been recieved letting me know how long & the process..and i was impressed within a weeks time give or take my item arrived:-) I will for sure be ordering from stuffed safari again in the near future.

brianac4
12/13/16

Katie was extremely helpful with me. The company I am working placed a very larger order at the last minute with a very tight deadline and she went above and beyond to make sure we got what we needed and when. I would recommend this website and ask for Katie as well. She will be sure to help you as best she can.

biancah7
11/22/16

The shipping was fast however the product was awful. The 18" stuffed lion I ordered for my daughter's birthday was full of holes along the seams. I noticed it as soon as I took it out of the box and I loved it so much that I asked my mother to patch the hole. Well after she patched that one I literally picked the lion up and found another hole. Like none of the seams were completely sewn together. I emailed stuffed safari and sent them pictures of the defective product so they did send me another free of charge. The second lion did not have any issues with the seaming but the shape of the head is rather oblong and looks defective and the nostrils are different sizes. I feel like the prices are cheap because the product is faulty. My lesson was only buy from a reputable website in the future, not an internet unknown.

For those saying people just like to complain, know this is the only negative review I have ever written and I am only writing because I was so disappointed by the quality of these lions and they were gifts. I would hate to see a little kid be disappointed because their most coveted gift is literally falling apart.

Response from Shannon P., StuffedSafari Representative
Hi Bianca,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that there was a problem with your order - please accept our sincere apologies. I took a look at your order records; it doesn't look like we were contacted regarding your concerns with the replacement lion, but if you would still like to contact our office we will be happy to assist you.

Regarding your concerns about the quality of our items, please note that we do not manufacture the items ourselves. We are actually an authorized retailer of brand name plush made by some of the largest plush companies in the world. Our merchandise is all new, first quality plush direct from the manufacturer. The items that are available on our website are the exact same brands and quality as are sold on the large online retailers and in gift shops and stores nationwide.

Regarding our pricing, we do our best to price competitively with the large online retailers. Our low prices are not because of an inferior quality product- the product is exactly the same and comes from the same source. We ship hundreds of thousands of stuffed animals every year which helps to lower the prices. Our staff is also all located in our warehouse and are very efficient, which also helps to keep prices down.

Our shipping staff hand packs every order checks all items before they ship, but they can miss defects such as the one you received. We would never intentionally ship out a item with defects, and always strive to keep our customers happy and take care of any issues that arise.

Because stuffed animals are filled with poly stuffing, they can occasionally settle a bit when they are packed in a box and shipped. Usually a bit of reshaping will take care of it - simply move the stuffing around by squeezing it. If you could send us photos of the second lion or post them here, it would help me to identify if this might be the issue, or if we should contact the manufacturer regarding a problem with the production or design.

If you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed here, please feel free to reach out to us by telephone at 866-534-6604 or by email at support@stuffedsafari.com. Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,

Shannon Powell
StuffedSafari.com
tanyai
11/8/16

I had read some negitive reviews so I was a little hesitant to oeder, but the price was so good I thought I would give them a try. My family's dog passed away on a Thursday, that night I ordered 4 small stuffed German shepherds with bandanas personalized with her name. Based on the reviews and the added personalization I thought it would be weeks before they arrived. They came on Monday! That is faster than Amazon! The dogs are also adorable. For the people who did have to wait, I guess I would rather wait for a real human to pack my order than to give the job to a robot. I also noticed most bad reviews are at least 5 years old.

marlod4
9/20/16

I placed an order on a Thursday night for a dozen Aurora 8" dogs for a birthday party. The order was shipped on a Friday via Priority & it arrived Monday, Wow! The dogs are great quality in appearance and they are so soft. Plus Stuffed Safari had the best price by far!

baileyd16
7/7/16

I was hesitant at first to buy from this site. I read some reviews and they were about 50% positive and 50% negative. I decided to take the chance, and I couldn't be happier. I bought the cutest sloth plush on Sunday, July 3rd and it arrived at my doorstep Thursday, July 7th! I am amazed. Even with a holiday in the mix, it came SO quickly. The plush itself is SO cute, soft, and high quality! I recommend this site.

jm224
5/13/16

They sent the wrong item which meant I would not have it on time for the baby shower gift. I emailed to let them know that I would like a refund. Printed the return label as requested in their email responsesnd madexa trip to the post office to send it back. Instead of a refund as promised,they sent the item I originally ordered which is now useless. When I emailed again, they just ignored it. They've earned all the bad reviews.

reneed27
3/3/16

I placed my order on february 12th. Today is now march 3rd and still have yet to receive anything. Ive called customer service 3 times and recieved 3 different answers. Ive become so fed up i cancelled my order. Not one time did they offer another item nor a discount for all the inconveince. Buyer beware

zacharyc23
1/22/16

Ordered a 4 ft dino with a custom bandana. Received within three days :) looks even better than I thought it would. Definitely will have to use again.

jessicah91
12/14/15

My daughter asked Santa for a purple puppy. I googled purple puppy and found stuffed safari. I ordered a purple dog with a bandana with her name on it. I paid for three day shipping hoping it would be here for Christmas. After I ordered I read the reviews and got nervous. Well some people must just like to complain. My dog was here a day early. It is perfect. I would be 100% confident ordering again!

lorens23
10/20/15

Just ordered a jumbo stuffed dog for a Christmas gift.. I am alittle iffy due to negative reviews. However there are a handful of positive reviews! I've noticed many bad comments reflect the time of delivery but i am not too concern since i placed my order almost 2 months in advance. Should i still feel iffy? I was indecisive to order from Amazon instead since i am a prime member but this site had a better price.. I want to be excited. But should i still be iffy?

Hi Katie! It really depends on where you are located. If you call our office at 866-534-6604 or email us at support@stuffedsafari.com and let us know what you are ordering, how many you need, if you are requesting personalization, and where you are located, we will be happy to give you a time frame of when your order will arrive. Thanks!

By Shannon P.

Hi Ana! We would be happy to help you with that. If you can call our office today at our toll-free number (866-534-6604), we will be happy to look up your order and add the promo code. In the future, if you have any questions regarding your order, we suggest emailing us at support@stuffedsafari.com or calling us at the toll free number above. We do not monitor Site Jabber for questions every day so we may not see it for a few days if you post a question here. Emailing us at our support email address will get a reply much quicker. Thanks again for your business - have a great day!

By Shannon P.

Hi Peter! We would be happy to try to help. It sounds like you updated the address and just need to click the submit button again. If you can call our office at our toll free number (866-534-6604), one of our team members will be happy to assist you. You can also email us directly at support@stuffedsafari.com.

By Shannon P.

Hi Sonya! Duties are charged by the country that the item is being imported into, not the retailer that is shipping the item. We do not collect any duties or taxes for Canada, but depending on the size of the order and where you are located, it is possible that the Canadian government or your local government may charge a duty fee when they deliver your package. You would need to contact your local customs office to find out what your local thresholds and duties are. Here is a link to the Canada Border Services web page with some more information on it: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dtytx-drttx-eng.html

By Shannon P.

Hi Karolina! We sincerely hope so, but the answer depends on a lot of things outside of our control...for example, where in Canada you are located, how backed up Canadian customs is, etc. If you can call our office at our toll free number (866-534-6604) and provide them with your last name or order number, they can give you a much better estimate of delivery time.

By Shannon P.

Hi Nora! Thank you for your inquiry. I would be happy to address any concerns regarding some of the reviews here. Let me start by assuring you that we value all reviews, both positive and negative, and value every customer that shops with us. We strive to make sure every order is right, but we are human and are certainly capable of making mistakes. If we do make an error we certainly want to know about it so we can fix it to the customer's satisfaction. None of us at Stuffed Safari ever want to disappoint any customer. You asked in your question if we could justify the emails regarding "regarding snippy customer service, late arrivals, misinformation on stock of orders, and horrifying return policy". In instances where we have genuinely disappointed customers, any justification that I could give really doesn't apply. If we failed, we should fix it - plain and simple. And in these instances, we did work to fix it to the customers' satisfaction, but unfortunately it's not often that someone will make the effort to come back to a review site and update their post. I can tell you we will do what is necessary to remedy a problem, whether that means disciplining an employee, bringing in deeper amounts of inventory, moving to a bigger warehouse, changing vendors, etc. We are always looking for ways to improve our business for our customers. With that being said, I want to mention a few things regarding these reviews. First, please note that the reviews span a period of over 7 years. In that period of time, we have processed hundreds of thousands of orders - we shipped out nearly 100,000 orders last year alone. In that same period of time, there were only 9 reviews posted here, and 6 of them were 5 star reviews. Second, please be aware that these reviews are a very small portion of our reviews online. For example, we are a Google Trusted Store merchant and have over 1300 customer reviews on their site alone in the last 12 months (https://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q=stuffedsafari.com&hl=en-US) and a 4.9 star rating. As a Google Trusted Store merchant, Google verified that all of those reviewers actually placed orders with us and contacted those customers directly to obtain reviews of their orders. If you are not familiar with the Google Trusted Stores program, you can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/trustedstores/answer/1669878?hl=en&ref_topic=4544280 . On the SiteJabber site, there is no vetting of reviews that are left and anyone can leave reviews for any business. If you (or anyone else) have questions regarding anything about our business or an order, we are always happy to answer any questions or address any concerns. Please feel free to contact us directly at 866-534-6604 M-F 9am - 5pm CST or by emailing us at support@stuffedsafari.com. Thank you again for your question!

By Shannon P.

Hi Nora! Shipping depends on a lot of different variables - where you are located, the amount of the order, how quickly you need it, etc. We offer free shipping on orders over $75 that are shipping to the United States. If you have questions regarding shipping, please feel free to call our office toll free at 866-534-6604 M-F 9am - 5pm. All of our shipping rates are also located on our website - you can locate that information by clicking on the 'shipping' link in the footer of the website. We invite you to call us, chat with us on our site or email us directly for quicker responses to your questions. We do not monitor the SiteJabber site daily, so asking a question here can result in a delay in response. Thanks again for your question!

By Shannon P.

Hi Nora! I'm not sure if you are referring to Stuffed Safari or the SiteJabber website. If you are referring to StuffedSafari.com, we are a Google Trusted Store. You can see the Google Trusted Store badge on the lower right corner of our website. You can see Google's trusted store customer reviews at https://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q=stuffedsafari.com&hl=en-US . If you are asking about the SiteJabber site, you will need to contact them directly for answers to your question. We invite you to call us, chat with us on our site or email us directly for quicker responses to your questions. We do not monitor the SiteJabber site daily, so asking a question here can result in a delay in response. Thanks again for your question!

By Shannon P.

Hi Jordan! It really depends on the size of the order and where you are located. Smaller orders usually ship out within 1 to 2 business days (we are not open on Saturdays or Sundays). Personalization can add an extra day to the processing time. Larger orders depend on the the quantity of the item needed. Delivery time depends on your location and distance from our warehouse. If you call our office at 866-534-6604 or email us at support@stuffedsafari.com, we will be happy to give you a time frame of when your order will arrive. Thanks!

By Shannon P.
Questions? Get answers from the StuffedSafari staff and other customers.

1 Photo for StuffedSafari