Review of SteelSeries

Valby, DK
tso@steelseries.com

stevenp105
9/3/17

Bro I have never seen a worse system for support or returns. Their entire handling system is terrible. For starters, their shipping system is slower than dirt. Honestly the slowest shipping ive ever had, things ship faster from china, no seriously they do. You already dis-interested in steelseries products? No? Well I'm sure this will convice you.

Their support is the worst customer service ive ever dealt with in my life. They do not by any means meet a standard when it comes to politeness, consideration, speed, putting customer satisfaction first, or making any of their ticket replies (after deathly long waits) sound even remotely personal. Whats happens is, you reply to your receipt email with your issue, and they turn it into a ticket. Then they send you this absolute lie of an email thats says they assure you a reply within 2 buisness days. In that same email they tell you the name of the dip$#*! who has to handle your email, and thats it! You then wait weeks or even upwards of a month for a reply. I havent got my ticket reply yet so I cant yet complain about what theyre gonna tell me about my package that im yet to receive after more than a month, probably gonna tell me they lost it, that its my fault, and that theyre not paying a penny. But thats only speculation and non of what that is necesarily true, so far ive only experienced extremly slow support and shipping.

Now the reason i expect my reply to be complete bs and probably is going to screw me out of my money is because of the reseach i have gathered about steelseries support. I have read countless stories of people either receiving faulty equipment, going to receive support and being told that their receipt looks fraudulent so they were denied help and had their ticket closed or people wanting to return a headset that was faulty and be completely ignored by support or denied with no explanation and never given one.

Maybe youre inmy position, extrmemely frustrated and uniformed, just looking for contact within steelseries, but they purposly have no phone number you can call, no actuall person you can email, nothing, all required help or attempts to contact steelseries gets redirected to the garbage ticket system.

Also its not even a holiday, last month (when i spent most my time waiting) was clear of any holidays or possible excuses for these horrible wait times.

The community is upset with steelseries, if you're curious about stories of people dealing with returns, just put steelseries complaints into google and you can read for hours. No im serious the list of complaints is unending. So, if you wanna take the bet and buy a steelseries product, you better hope you dont end up needing their help, because you damn sure wont get any.

javionc
4/5/17

Steelseries devices became my choice for work & fun a long time ago. These are always made very solid and stylish together which is also a valuable point for me. Reliability and durability are very high too - I use the mouse for a year already and it still looks like its new! Totally worth the money!

emilyg64
1/16/17

The devices they sell are useful not for gaming alone. These are just good quality ones for everyday working needs (sound, video, photoediting). Convenient and no too overpriced.

pauls325
6/30/16

I only use their gear

js185
1/4/16

I purchased 2 Rival 300 mice that were supposed to be the same; however, the boxes showed different specs. I contacted them weeks before Christmas. They occasionally sent me an email to say they were looking into it and then nothing. January 4th, they contacted me to say I needed to open a new support RMA. Seriously? This site is too unreliable. Buy your products somewhere else.

juliana47
2/15/15

Love this website!

dylans28
2/4/14

I would like to start off by saying that every positive aspect of my experience has been completely overshadowed by the single negative aspect: their return policy.

I noticed SteelSeries had a sale on gaming peripherals for Black Friday (the day after America's Thanksgiving). I purchased a gaming mouse from the website. The entire purchasing process was seamless and pleasant. The shipping was slow, but within reason considering the holiday.

Upon receipt of my mouse, I quickly realized that it would not function properly with my system. Furthermore, I was not overly pleased with the quality of the product. The construction felt 'cheap' with loose components, fragile plastics, etc. As such, I decided to return the product, because they had advertised a money back guarantee. The nightmare began once I started looking for customer service.

For starters, their customer service is incredibly limited. The only point of contact is through a forum-like system which they have set up. You can post a request for assistance, and an associate will respond, eventually. I waited about 24 hours for an initial response, which was a basic: "I've reviewed your request and have notified the appropriate person to handle it." The appropriate person took over 3 days to respond with instructions for starting a RMA. I quickly followed the instructions, provided the necessary information, and waited. And waited. And waited. I submitted the information on December 12, 2013 (30 minutes after it was requested). I waited until January 7, 2014 for a response. After 3 weeks of waiting, I opened a second ticket to request support for my first ticket.

I promptly mailed back the product (at my own expense, but I expect and understand that). Today (as of writing this review) marks 3 weeks since UPS delivered the package to SteelSeries. Yesterday, SteelSeries closed the RMA because they claimed to have not received the product. I have been waiting 6 days for a response. They closed my ticket without even bothering to respond to me. I intend to pursue this issue further, and will update my review if I have additional relevant information.

In short, ordering is fast and easy. If you never need customer support, they're great. If you do need customer support, I genuinely hope your experience is better than mine.

Questions? Get answers from the SteelSeries staff and other customers.

SteelSeries?