Southall Travel

Southall Travel has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 17 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Southall Travel also ranks 61st among Plane Tickets sites. The most common issues with Southall Travel are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Southall Travel?

“Good price good service”

Riti u.
4/18/19

Great prices after they do price match and friendly satff and eager to help and its overall good and may need improvements in first time telling the price as when you aka for price they first quote it very expensive but then if you say you found cheaaper somewhere else then they do price match however they should beat he price if i found cheaper somewhere else. However i think they just care about getting the booking done and payment made as affter that nobody contacts you back.

“Beware of uncontrolled commission based Southall travel sales people.”

John W.
3/1/20

Hi, I am currently taking Southall to court because I claim to have been misrepresented by the sales person who sold me two business class tickets on the 11 th Oct 2019. What they did, nt explain to me was that there a three different types of business class ticket through Oman Air (Lite) normal and prime. I have asked for a transcript of the booking, but so far they have not sent it even though their Solicitors claims that it does exist. I will report back if litigation takes place in a small claims court and I give full details.

johnw2404
March 1st, 2020

Tip for consumers: Ask for an email first confirming the verbal agreement .

ritiu
April 18th, 2019
saqibz1
August 18th, 2020
Booked flights which were cancelled due to PIA being suspended. Southall made no communication regarding the cancellation or the refund. I have had to call them to get updates. They have had my refund for over a week now and have not bothered contacting me. They have advised 14 days to process refund when I contacted them. I have used them a few times. You don't know how good a company is till there is an issue. I will definitely not be using southall again.
mohammedj16
April 24th, 2019
Very friendly staff and very helpful
I can tell other people & about Southall travel
I booked all my tickets with them all the time
satpalb1
August 28th, 2020
Not helpful at all stil waiting for my refund from March 2020, just making stupid lame excuses I hope this company goes into administration very soon!
johnw2027
November 13th, 2019
Their CEO has a website for complaints mbut when one does he ignores the review.
I think that they have got so big giv8ng previous good service and they are not interested in customer care anymore.
romol93
February 6th, 2014
Recently booked holidays to Dubai with Southall Travel. They offered me a prices of £ 1245 per person. The deal (half board) included stays at Burj Al Arab, one of the world’s finest hotels and return flights. But what really took me by surprise was the fact that they offered me 10% discount on booking and stay more pay less option. It was the perfect luxury holiday deal that I have got so far. Their services are fairly good and representatives are pretty helpful.
nikunjv
December 19th, 2013
One of my friends has been booking with Southall for years and he used to talk of deals that seemed too good to be true till I tried out booking with them myself. I landed an awesome deal on my reservations with Atlantis The Palm and the stay was an unforgettable experience cannot but give credit to the guys at Southall for arranging it. Considering the current experience I have had I will make sure to check with them the next time I plan to take an international holiday to anywhere in the world.
deepakg34
December 26th, 2019
I am angry I am hurt by southal travel treatment I was coustomer since 2012
My email was hacked so I created different e mail, by the time my phone contract was finished so I took different phone number it wasn't any other matters with change e mail and change phones I changed the address
Iused to buy tickets and travel same name same everything
Now I needed my 5 years travel history for official reason and called them in between seven days I spoke to 10 agents of southal travel I have e mail customer care but they didn't back me for neither call or email there was no luck what's so ever.
I decided to talk to the manager one person came phone he introduced himself as manager called Reymond at first he seems genuinely want solve my problems he crossed check my previous number my previous address it was fine I was talking to him in Friday and promise me that he will give me by Monday.
When Monday came he didn't call or email me again I called him and find out he was changed person data protection act he can't give it to me again I did offer him that any sort of documents driving license or passport which I always travel theare tickets I was so politely request them no luck I am amezed that the data they are talking about that's my data I am ready to verify even in court

They are very unhelpful unprofessional I am very sad thire treatment
parins1
July 14th, 2019
Rubbish travel agent
I booked tickets to travel to India via jet airways which failed while i was in India
I contacted them and travel agent instead of helping started selling me tickets - return for £1700 pounds per person - Some of my friends bought it.
I purchased new tickets to fly back and now I am claiming money via credit card chargeback scheme and this crooks are preventing them
They are not ATOL protected and they sell tickets for airlines that is not ATOL protected too. So providing wrong information to customers
Customer service remains poor and they do not have complaint procedure/policy or department.
I have serious concerned about this travel agent. I am in process of reporting them for fraud.
vivibb
April 10th, 2014
I have used this company several times and always had great service. I am not sure whether they are based abroad or not but it doesn't matter. Prices on website aren't always up to date but they do the best for you and I have done a bit of bargaining with them as well. Had to canx then rebook last time and most helpful. Do find you have to remind them to email your e ticket. I always try and use this company for Indian flights.
bobk16
January 10th, 2012
They advertise prices on various websites at mega low levels. When you call to book those... they are just NEVER EVER available. The once again foreign call centre cannot offer any positive or constructive advice. All they can do is and very well may I add... is to aggravate the situation and yourself! They may offer a date about 6 months away from the date you want to travel in order to say that the lowest lowest fare is available!. Be aware and they give NO REFUNDS though they get the money back from the airlines.
cyberj
January 21st, 2014
I have booked with Southall Travel a couple of times. Booked holiday package and flights with them. What impresses me is their ability to offer some of the most reasonable prices. Their customer service is fairly good. Overall satisfied.
chrisa62
January 7th, 2014
I recently had a pleasant experience with Southall Travel. I have been booking my holidays with them for long but this time they certainly surpassed all my expectations. Southall guys offered an excellent holiday package to Dubai, which easily is my and my wife’s favourite trip to date. It was my wife’s 36th birthday and I had planned a few surprises for her including the leisure trip (that I got organized by Southall). I had a little issue with British Airways regarding our return flight to UK. But these guys followed it up really well. Many thanks to Southall Travel….
yevl
January 25th, 2013
Found a discounted deal for Dubai on their website and left a message on their facebook page with my contact details. They were quick to revert to me and provide all the details. I have got the provisional booking made and plan to confirm it tomorrow. If i get a cheaper price than theirs, I will get the price match done. Pretty happy with their website as well as the tele staff who were prompt and helpful this time as well as on my previous bookings. Havent faced any problems so far.
nikn2
January 29th, 2014
I was looking for the cheapest flights to Bangkok for 3 of us and got what I wanted. If price is what matters to you go for them. Services are average but not hostile. We have confirmed tickets and checked with airline website too.
gurpreets1
December 17th, 2013
Been a happy client of Southall for many years now and I must say they have gone from strength to strength over the years with discounts that almost no one else can match. Always my first choice whenever I am planning a trip to back home to India.

It's a legit organisation but a one that gives very bad customer service

By Saqib Z.