SimplyElectronics.net

SimplyElectronics.net has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 36 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SimplyElectronics.net also ranks 34th among GPS sites. The most common issues with SimplyElectronics.net are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• My money was taken within seconds of me placing my order the cost was over £1000, 20 days later still waiting.
  • Apparently it came from HONG KONG due to which I can't claim manufacturer warranty.
How would you rate SimplyElectronics.net?

“Funny thing”

Lisa B.
12/12/11

Funny thing. Today, I received via Fed Ex, a Nikon lens that I ordered at a really good price on Simply Electronics on 11/27/11.There was something a little odd during the ordering process (requiring me to give my cell phone number in order to get a verification via text message, in order to complete the transaction). That caused my suspicions to perk up a little, but I went ahead with the order anyway. Then I went online to check out this company, and found all the horror stories and bad reviews. When I repeatedly tried to call Simply Electronics' 24 hour phone number to cancel the order, it was always saying the same message: "All circuits are busy..."This prompted me to immediately file a dispute with my credit card company. A couple of days later, I received a FedEx tracking number, which I assumed was part of a scheme. I was very skeptical. When the package actually arrived this morning, I expected to find damaged or used merchandise. But, guess what??? I received a new lens exactly as I ordered. It cost me about $100 cheaper than any other site. I'm a little shocked, and happily surprised. All in all, would I recommend Simply Electronics to others? I guess I'd just tell them of others' bad experiences, and of my really good deal, and let them decide.

“This is a scam website”

Stephen P.
5/6/11

This is a scam website. They will take your money immediately and you will not get your goods. I am reporting them to my bank card company as fraudsters.

order (19) hong kong (6) refund (17) credit card (5) company (13) 2 weeks (4) item (8) money (14)
tonya191
December 5th, 2015
The worst thing about this site is that it is misleading, in that it never makes clear (except by scouring the minutest of print) that it is not a UK site but based in Hong Kong - hence all the delivery problems. It wouldn't be so bad if their customer service was up to anything but four goes have not even ended in a conversation, and they never respond to the online contact forms. Just don't use.
ollip
November 10th, 2014
I have been waiting my GoPro from warranty repair for 3 months, all emails they just reply with general-autoresponse-style mails. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP.
alana102
June 19th, 2015
SOLD ME A SONY PHONE. DOESN'T WORK WITH UK 4G NETWORK. BLAMED ME THE CUSTOMER! KEPT PHONE FOR 5 WEEKS DID NOTHING ENDLESS EMAILS. REFUSED TO REFUND OR REPLACE.SPEAKING TO LAWYER AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS. PLEASE PASS ON. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
davidw150
David W.
May 14th, 2014
SLOW DELIVERY DIFFICULT TO GET REFUND_AVOID. I purchased a Go-Pro Camera from this site (3 weeks before) a sports holiday only to be told the delivery would not arrive until after I had departed. I cancelled but these people still despatched. I never accepted the delivery but am still (2 months later) awaiting a refund despite numerous mails and problem tickets raised. Now with my Bank !
mikkos1
September 19th, 2013
Best prices, but they are really bad at actually shipping anything. They do take your money though.
martinp14
March 7th, 2013
They make it look like you are buying from a UK company by misleading photos of English people and a UK phone number. I bought an panasonic HD camera from them and when I tried to claim under warranty it was refused because the camera came from Dubai. They wanted me to send it back to an address that was setup for postal fowarding. If you need more info on this company visit http://simplyelectronicsnot.webs.com/ which is setup by another unhappy customer
emmav1
July 12th, 2013
I wouldn't even give them a star for all the hassle they have caused. Bought a tablet on June 30. After 8 days I haven't received anything. Rang them but put me in que for ages. Refered my case to KwiChex and they actually have changed the status of my order to 'refund in process.' But mind you after a week no sign of refund. Took my money off the bank on the same day I ordered but doesn't have the decency to refund.
johnc94
May 31st, 2012
Purchased goods on 10th May 2010. Date now 31st May 2012.. still no goods after an 8 day delivery promise. Contacted them, they say its "delayed..blah blah"..

Will fight to get money back since they dont actually ship anything out.
nl4
May 1st, 2012
Lousy experience, rip off, useless, disgusting, possibly fraudulent, buyer beware, stay clear, avoid at all costs .... and spread the message!
garyc5
November 2nd, 2011
Pretty much everything bad others have said applied to me. They lie about stock. They take forever to respond to email trying to buy time. They will not give you a delivery date. They take your payment immediately. Still waiting after a week for a DELIVERY DATE for an item in stock. Burned once by these liars.
anilb
June 26th, 2011
I ordered a camera from simplyelectronics.net 10 days ago and no sign of delivery.
I have sent them 3 emails so far. But no one has responded to my querry. I am going to ask for a refund tomorrow. I wonder how such companies are still on the market.Some thing has to be done against them as quickly as possible
Stay away from them.
stephenp2
May 6th, 2011
angeo
March 24th, 2011
I bought mobile phone from then. Firstly they forgot to process my order so it was delayed in arriveing. Then when I received the phone it was supplied with an European charger and the manual was in German! Once I tested the phone it turned out to be faulty so I returned it. I am still waiting to receive my refund a month on. You can try ringing but you are left on hold for ages. I thought this was a safe website as I paid through Google checkout. My advice - stay well clear!!
alaind
April 1st, 2011
Run, run away from them.
Fuyez, fuyez. N'achetez rien chez eux. Les problèmes sont garantis !!!
erics12
July 17th, 2013
Seemed to have a good price on camera but it was a bait and switch. After I ordered and they took my money they sent an email that the product was mispriced and that they were willing to offer me another product for a lesser price. Hope I can get my money back but after reading these comments... Also, it is 3 days after getting the email the product is still on their website at the 'incorrect' price!!
mohammedn
December 7th, 2010
A scam site, Never buy, they will never ship a product on time, they charge you immediately (most respectable sites charge when they are ready to ship, not a several months before) rarely manage to deliver and blame their suppliers.

simplyelectronics.net simply SUCKS
zubeydeb
August 31st, 2010
It was the worst online shopping experience ever!!!

I bought a camera on the 4th of August, received it broken on the 10th...
Ever since I've been sending them e-mails, calling their customer services but still couldn't get my new camera... Its been 20 days since I sent the camera back...

They respond e-mails 2 days after they receive and keep the customer waiting on hold at least 50 minutes to speak with customer services..
paulc
June 16th, 2009
Having made a point of telephoning and checking the availability of a product, I was told the item is in stock. My money was taken within seconds of me placing my order the cost was over £1000, 20 days later still waiting. They show a 2-3 day despatch period. I have rung 3 times, the last time I was told on packing my product it was found to be faulty. So I suggested they send a replacement, I was then told they were awaiting a replacement from their supplier. So why are you still showing the item as being in stock? I asked. At that point it was made clear I can take it or leave it. Surely I cannot be the only person being misled.

I have requested a refund in full and have complained to Trading Standards.
derekw
January 19th, 2010
On the 18th of December, I ordered a telephone from simplyelectronics.net, based on their guarantee that it would be delivered in time for Christmas. When it had not arrived on the 22nd of December and still appeared on the website as "processing" I e-mailed them expressing my concern that their guarantee would not be fulfilled. The following day, having received no response, I phoned the company, and after an hour or two of waiting managed to speak to a customer service agent who told me it didn't look like I would be getting my item on time but she would try to get it sent in the next batch. After some coaxing, she agreed to call me back within an hour. She did not do this so I called back and was told that in fact I wouldn't be getting the item on time. The agent was unable or unwilling to explain why this was the case, or what were the terms of the guarantee I had been given. She refused my request to send the item by overnight delivery despite the fact that this was the last chance to fulfill the guarantee. I asked for a supervisor but was told that none was available but one would ring me back within an hour. This never happened and by the time I called back their office had already closed.
In the meantime I received an email response from the company, apologising for the "slight delay" in the order and was told thatI could probably expect to receive it "after the holidays". Again, I requested overnight delivery and again my request was ignored.
The next response I received was on the 28th of December where I was told it would probably be despatched the following Wednesday and was offered a free cleaning kit if this would somehow help.
Despite the appalling service I had received up to this point I agreed to accept delivery of the order if it was sent immediately by overnight delivery. This did not happen and I received no response so the following day I cancelled the order and requested a refund.
The following day - as a direct response to my cancellation e-mail - I was told it was scheduled to be despatched that day and would be sent by overnight delivery. I reiterated that I no longer wanted it and had already cancelled the order.
A day later (31st December if you're lost), I was told it had already been packed and they may not be able to get in touch with the courier company to prevent it being sent (yes, really!). I was told to refuse delivery and that when they received it back a refund would be processed. I requested an immediate refund as I had already been waiting almost two weeks and they had taken my money under the false pretences of having the item in stock and being able to deliver it in a timely manner.
I continued to request an immediate refund while they continued to tell me that they had to wait until the item was returned. Later the same day I received a cheery email telling me my item had been sent. However, this was also a lie.
By the 4th of January, I still had not received the item and demanded an immediate refund. The company continued to insist that they could only process a refund after receiving the item back from the courier. As they had taken my money before sending the item, I knew that this was not the case. Further, as the item sent by overnight delivery had not arrived after four days and the courier company (DHL) had no record of it, I realised that this went beyond simple incompetence.
On the advice of many of the negative reviews of this company, I e-mailed their customer services manager requesting her to sort out the mess immediately. However, unlike some of the other reviewers, I received no better treatment from her. After three days I had received no response and phoned the company again. After waiting almost three hours to get through to a representative I was told that the matter was being dealt with. I asked for either an immediate refund or to speak to a supervisor. Both were denied. After almost an hour on the phone where I refused to end the call, I was eventually allowed to speak to a supervisor who told me that on the day the item was allegedly despatched there were problems with DHL tracking numbers. She then told me the matter was being dealt with by another department and I could expect to receive an email within an hour. This is the only time that someone from this company told me something that turned out to be true; I received an email (from the manager's email address but not from the manager) with another empty apology, and a request to allow a few more days for them to sort out the problem with DHL. I refused this as I had no contract with DHL and had in fact cancelled the order two full days before it was supposedly sent. I requested an immediate response to the effect that I would get a full refund. No response was forthcoming.
Three days later, the manager finally deigned to respond to me. She explained that there was a technical issue with her email as if this somehow explained something, and then declared that I had now received the item and she hoped I was enjoying it -and that I had enjoyed my experience so far.
After my response threatening immediate legal reprisals I finally got confirmation that a refund was being processed, and today, over a month since I made the order and a full three weeks since I cancelled it, I finally got my money back.
I generally live by the maxim: "Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence" but I find it hard to explain this mess away as mere incompetence. Certainly the guarantee of delivery by Christmas was made in bad faith, the company simply had no intention of fulfilling this obligation. The fact that my credit card was charged before the item was despatched was certainly immoral and probably illegal. The fake tracking number I was given is very difficult to explain as anything other than deliberate fraud. It does appear that on occasion this company does deliver items as ordered but this seems to be a rare occurrence. If what I experienced was at all unusual I would have received more than empty apologies and false promises but it seems to be par for the course with this company.
As a result of my unfortunate dealings with this company my Christmas was very nearly ruined (fortunately the intended recipient was very understanding and I purchased a replacement from Amazon which arrived promptly) and I had to spend a considerable amount of time and money sorting out their mess. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in over a decade of online shopping. Stay away from them! Pay a little extra for a reputable company that values its customers.
ecomant
October 15th, 2010
THIS IS AN URGENT MESSAGE - PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU NEVER GET YOUR GOODS AND WHEN YOU ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK YOU WILL HAVE TO CHASE AND CHASE AND CHASE AND CHASE AND CHASE CHASE IT! WE HAVE BEEN WAITING 10 WEEKS FOR A REFUND AND WE STILL WAITING. THE 'COMPANY' SEEMS TO BE BASED IN HONG KONG AND OPERATE 0844 TEL NUMBERS SO THEY CAN FLEECE YOU LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE CAUSE THEY KNOW YOU WILL BE PHONING THEM LOOKING YOUR GOODS! SCAMMERS! DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DON'T BUY FROM THEM. I ALSO HAVE BEEN TOLD EVEN IF YOU GET THE GOODS IN THE END THEY ARE RUBBISH! Thank you...
markf8
January 26th, 2011
Hey eveerybody. I purchased an external battery pack (hypermac) from this website. I chose this website because it said it shipped in 2-5 business days. However, this product was not recieved before my trip to India (a week from the day I ordered it). After coming home from a 2 week trip, I began researching this website. Most of the review were from enraged technos like me who had not recieved their product and were not refunded. I began to get scared but did not get the chance to call or email them. I felt I learned my lesson and it would be too hard to get my 300 dollars back. However, nearly almost 2 moths later, a mysterious Chinese package was delivered to my door! I opened it up, and there it was, in the official box!! However I began to suspect that it was a knock off. The box said HyperJuice, not Hypermac. However I was relieved when I called Hypermac to confirm it was official. Don't badmouth this site, just be patient. But I won't be buying here again.
marks44
July 29th, 2011
Camera purchase £350 ish, with a few trimmings. 2-8 days free delivery. The 7th day,began to feel pangs of doubt. Tried for a second time to track my purchase. The 'Mickey Mouse' " track your purchase" gizmo is Toilet ! Speaking eventually to an (the) employee.You have had my dough so why the , no show. Believe me EvEnTuALLY, they are admitting they haven't sent it. This is the 9th day, and i'm unreasonable for expecting anything but late?!. Tomorrow will be my Dads 80th. This company are a bunch of unts, They are emotionless, because, as i said there is a voice at the end of the line. Web site offers to wrap your purchase as a gift. Fk. me, they can't even get the ..stard off the kin shelf to bOx. They operate with no code, for the customer Do not purchase from these ...kers. Free delivery is compulsory it seems cos it costs them nought to send it 'Gaffer' taped to their pet Tortoise. s.h.one t. !!
La La Boy.
lisab34
December 12th, 2011
peterl23
March 28th, 2012
I have ordered a Canon lens and the web site and confirmation email noted an expected shipping in 1-2 business days. I also sent an email to change the shipping address but got no reply.

After one week, the order wasn't shipped and I have contacted them by phone. It should be send out on Monday was the reply.

A few days later, the order was not shipped at all and I asked to cancel the order, as stated on their web site.

They did not cancel the order but just confirmed that the order was in processing but they could not give a shipping date. This is strange because the web site show 1-2 business days and the stock was going up and down. So, 14 days gone by since the order was placed.

I did a second cancellation request and then I got a cancellation confirmation reply at last. But, we are now more than 15 days further and I am still waiting for a refund and yesterday I sent a new email but again, no respons.

Sorry, SImply Electronics. If you deliver as promised and reply to customer request in a descent time, I should not have cancelled the order. Now I can make only one recommendation to anyone: do not do business with Simply Electronics.
antoinep
August 3rd, 2012
I wish to file a complaint against the company Simply Electronics with whom I have dealt with over the past seven weeks. After having purchased an item from their website which I had not received eleven days after buying, I cancelled my order due to the shady behavior of the company with regards to my order. Forty days later, I am still waiting for my refund which the company says on their website, will be provided immediately.
“If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, SimplyElectronics.net will immediately issue a credit to your credit card in the amount of the charge.” Extract from the Terms and conditions of Simply Electronics
Since the cancellation of my order I have had to put up with numerous excuses from the company as to why I have not received my refund. The past seven weeks that I have spent dealing with this company, have left me with little doubt that this is a company who walks the line between legal and illegal business practices –tricking customers into buying their products through the advertisement of false promises that become evident as soon as the payment transaction has gone through. Simply Electronics is a company who plays with customers’ patience and time, in the hopes, I believe, that the dissatisfied customers will eventually give up on their demand for a refund.
I will provide you as attachted, with a chronological outline of my dealings with Simply Electronics.

June 9th, 2012. I ordered 1 x Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera Body (Order Number *******06645) on the website SimplyElectronics.net without receiving any formal receipt (I have only received an e-mail confirmation and an automatic message after paying the order online, please see the attachment).
June 21st, 2012 I decided to cancel my order and demanded a full refund.
The reasons that I decided to cancel my order include:
• The fact that I did not receive my order during the time frame promised (The item being in stock on the website, the trader guaranteed the item to be shipped within 1-2 working days and delivered within 2-7 working days )
• The shady behavior of the customer service representatives:
 The inability or unwillingness of the representatives to give me any clear and concrete information concerning my order.
 Their refusal to provide me with a written date at which time my order would be shipped. They only gave me a date for the shipment by phone which was inexact.
Details concerning the cancellation of my order:
• The Customer Service representative accepted the request by phone and asks me to confirm it by e-mail. But, while I was writing my e-mail cancellation a few minutes after my phone call, the online status of my order changed from “new” (I had the misfortune of seeing this for 10 days after my payment) to “packing”.
 I have a hard time believing that it was just a coincidence that this changing operation happened just right after my call requesting the cancellation of my order, while one of their online Customer Services Agent kept saying to me that the item that I purchased was not present in their stock.
• I nevertheless sent a cancellation email that same day demanding a cancellation of my order. To my surprise, the status of my order the following day was listed as “shipping”, please see the attachment).. At the same time I received a reply to my cancellation request, from the customer representative stating that I had not given the company enough time to cancel my order and that the product was now being handled by the shipping department and they were therefore no longer able to ‘help’ me.
• I therefore asked for the tracking number of my order which Simply Electronics refused to give to me. I had to contact DHL (delivery company) myself in order to obtain information concerning my product. In speaking with a DHL employee I discovered that the time delays that Simply Electronics had given me were in fact false. (I had been told by Simply Electronics that I would receive my refund as soon as the package was returned to them. I found out from UPS that Simply Electronics received that package on June 30th; however several days after this date, I still had no news from them. I thus informed them that I was aware of the fact that they had received the package and I once again demanded my refund).
• Despite my unrelenting pressure to receive my refund, Simply Electronics has put off providing me with my refund both through taking a lot more time to reply to my emails than was previously the case, and by giving me weak excuses as to why the refund has not taken place.
 The most recent excuse has been that there is a problem with their credit card processor.

After seven weeks of waiting and countless emails exchanged, I still have not received a refund. I have tried to negotiate with the company itself however as you will see for yourself in reading the emails that I have attached, this tactic is useless when dealing with a company that seems determined to evade any sort of responsibility that they may have towards their customers.

My sole request is to be reimbursed the 819,95 euros that I paid for an item that I cancelled over a month ago.

Questions? Get answers from the SimplyElectronics.net staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimplyElectronics.net?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about SimplyElectronics.net?