Review of Shaw.ca

Shaw.ca reviews

Tel: 1-888-221-1687

davidj264
10/22/19
Shaw Communications failure to honour incentive pricing offered to customers. An inability to resolve disputes of basic business principles. New equipment malfunctions.

A completely dissatisfied new customer experience. I was offered an attractive price and service package to bring my business back after a 6 month departure from Shaw and even though three Shaw agents have listened to the taped call that details the offer and acceptance of the promotional pricing plan, no one is able to honour the agreement.

Now after just 3 weeks of service I have two malfunctioning cable boxes, a higher price package then i agreed to and 8-9 calls to the "customer and so called technical service departments wasting no less than 6-8 hours of my personal time with no resolution. On three occasions call takers have "requested" supervisors to contact me or to participate in the current call with no contact from anyone with authority to resolve this matter. I have plainly asked what do we do now with a new 2 year contract initiated with pricing that is higher than agreed to (reviewed and documented by Shaw staff) and yet no one at SHAW has a solution..?

I am now out a significant amount of money cancelling my previous, relatively new service provider that I went to six months ago when I wisely left Shaw. Now shame on me yes for getting duped into a return to Shaw with an attractive offer they seem to have NEVER intended to honour.

This is not a he says / she says dispute. The calls and offers were taped and reviewed by Shaw staff and verified they were offered to me but no one seems to be able to action it. Now, for three weeks I have cable TV that doesn't work despite remote attempts to reset and correct the malfunctioning boxes and yet they still want me to pay for services not provided which are inflated and not agreed to.

Shaw is quick to forward to its collection agencies and to courts to retrieve money from failed obligations by its customers but doesn't seem to be accountable when the roles are reversed. I am now in dispute as to how to proceed with a 2-year obligation I didn't agree to. I am out a few hundred dollars from my previous provider's termination obligation and I will also fees to reconnect with a honourable, reputable provider I should have remained with.

The most absurd part of this is there appears to be no way to speak with anyone with authority to resolve this. Unlike Telus or other service providers you cannot ask, demand or request, while speaking with a call center representative, to speak with a supervisor. Twice in the last three weeks I held over 45 minutes on each occasion in hopes of speaking with a supervisor only to have the call taker say "I'm sorry, they don't seem to be available."

We had poor customer service years ago with Telus and always said we would never go back but SHAW takes unacceptable customer service to an entirely new level.
shureno
12/4/18
Wifi overpriced, & you don't get a whole lot of it either. Their service is average at best. I would just look elsewhere to be honest. There are far better company's out there with a good CS desk, tech's who know their stuff, and a company that cares & backs up their client's. I don't think Shaw can be considered in the top anymore, they're just outdated now & every1 pretty much know's it. Unless they come up with something revolutionary I doubt they can make a comeback.

Anyways back in the day they where ok, but they never made any efforts to improve themselves while other companies did, & now they are paying for it in the loss of their customer base sadly.
teresat12
7/20/15
I can only rate their internet service and the related help and support. The price of their internet service is far too much and I'm checking out other ISPs.

The customer service is good but somewhat slow, but I give the people 4 out of 5 the actual service as a whole very average and way too expensive. Too many interruptions to services with the slowest response time I've ever experienced from a Customer Service. But when u do get anyone they are usually professional and friendly.

Oh, and their website and sign in are so confusing you have to register for for everything. Right now, I'm juggling 3 bloody passwords just to get it going. Waste my time, will ya?

Hi Teresa, no Shaw does not charge if you go over the bandwidth allotment for a given month, however if you are consistently going over you will be contacted by their bandwidth team to change the plan to one that you will be able to stay under the limit stated on the website for each level.

By Tim S.
Questions? Get answers from the Shaw.ca staff and other customers.

Shaw.ca?