Review of ShareASale

Chicago, IL 60654, US
shareasale@shareasale.com

nabk1
6/16/18

I made over $10,000 with ShareAsale but they closed my account and are not replying to emails. Its like they have no one on support or they are intentionally ignoring me emails. Worst affiliate network out of all.

johanv18
6/6/18

Today is June 06 and have been trying to get a payment issue resolved since March 09. They sent my cheque to the wrong country, they got it back but aren't reissuing a new cheque, nor returning the money to my account balance. No answer in over a month now.

vikv2
4/5/18

I cannot begin to explain how much I hate ShareASale.

First off, there entire business is a con - other sites try to monetize already existing links to your website. So once you sign up, you will be paying for links that you already had to your website.

Second, they have this billing scheme where if you don't hit a threshold, they charge you a minimum. But they don't have good affiliate partners so you end up just paying the minimum monthly.

Third, once you realize the scam you cannot just quit because all the links that are now being monetized to your site are tied into ShareASale so if you quit all those links will break.

Lastly, you email and call ShareASale and their support team doesn't care. If you complain or try to go against the system they will just close your account which F's up all your incoming links.

Stay away. VigLink just launched VigLink Direct - which is a ShareASale competitor. We are giving it a shot hoping we can transition 100% away from ShareASale

allid3
11/27/17

I have only ever had excellent experiences with this company. Great communication, payment on time, easy-to-use platform.

juliay9
10/31/17

I love ShareASale. They pay quickly, on time, every time. The support is outstanding and the companies they work with have great promotions.

elaineh40
10/29/17

I Love using Share a Sale! It's very user friendly and they have great reporting. I also love working with many of the brands on here. The support is great!

laurad158
10/26/17

I work with many affiliate companies and Share a Sale is the ONLY one that I have had any kind of personal relationship and interaction with. They make it a point to talk to their affiliates and help them.

hollyh60
10/26/17

I work with a ton of affiliate networks and shareasale is just easy. I haven't ever had a technical issue and when you meet them in person, they are...NICE. Total win-win.

ninam54
10/26/17

I started my affiliate marketing journey with Share a Sale. The whole website is super easy to figure out for beginners. Easy to apply to programs, grab links, check stats, etc.

beckym66
10/26/17

It is rare that you find a company that works with you and helps you as much as ShareASale, not to mention has as many affiliate programs as they do. I love checking my ShareASale account every month (It is very clear & easy to see where & how you are earning every month).

christyf11
10/26/17

I have worked with SAS for five years now, and I cant say enough good things. They have BY FAR the most user-friendly interface in the business. When I am mentioning a product I love in a post, I always start by searching for it at SAS first. If I could work solely with SAS, I would. It simplifies my life to keep the majority of my merchants within one network, and SAS is simply the best there is. Sometimes I choose not to work with a merchant simply because they arent in SASs network. The people behind the company are honest, helpful, and knowledgeable, and I also appreciate that they use reliable, real-time links. I can see a commission in my account the moment a sale is made. If you are looking for the best affiliate marketing network in the business, look no further - ShareASale is it!

anas574
10/26/17

Affiliate marketing was no pickle for me at the beginning, but I owe a lot of my success to this network.
Not only is their interface a joy to use and I love the programs they partner up with, but the affiliate managers of these programs go out of their way to offer support when needed.
I highly recommend it! I've started to see regular payments from them and that's because they took the time to share some insights that might've taken me months to figure out myself.

kiraa
10/26/17

I really like working with Share a Sale. They pay well and the companies they have in their network are really relevant to my audience. I've worked with them for four years without any issue and plan on continuing to work with them.

marybethh2
10/26/17

Shareasale has been my biggest partner in my growth and success as an affiliate marketer. Their support has been top-notch from the very beginning, and it's only improved as my own needs changed and evolved.

I work with programs in multiple affiliate networks. I could give you an ordered list of my favorite network down to to the one I refuse to use because it's too difficult to work with. Sharesale is #1 as my favorite, and I give their programs priority in my own marketing efforts.

sarahm358
10/26/17

ShareASale is easy to navigate - especially more so now with recent site upgrades thanks to listening to affiliate suggestions. I am finding newsletters with deals and bonus opportunities from my merchants I am affiliated with that I was missing out on before. The brands and companies that work with ShareASale are ones that are valid to my reader base - reputable companies who offer us great commission percentages to promote their products. I love it! Plus when you have the CEO reaching out to all SAS's affiliates on a regular basis to stay in touch with bonus opps and more - you cannot find a lot of hands-on companies like ShareASale!

annep72
10/26/17

Really, the best one out there. The new user interface has much improved the experience. Also, the people behind the company are always great to deal with. Very high standards, and always pleasant and professional.

lisat187
10/26/17

I've been with ShareASale for over 5 years and I absolutely love them! Their platform is easy to use, the companies they represent are awesome and the people there are super to work with. Whenever I've had a question or problem, the response has been quick and super helpful! If you're a blogger, you need to partner with ShareASale!

jenniferm413
10/26/17

I've worked with ShareASale for years. They are the most honest company with an amazing platform that's easy to use.

catharinep2
10/25/17

I've been working with ShareASale for 3 years. They are the best affiliate network in the business! Easy to use platform, great support and outreach, and definitely the most blogger friendly of the platforms. As a blogger, I am WAY more likely to sign up and promote an item if it's a merchant on SaS, versus any other network.

jaimep20
10/25/17

I have been an affiliate with Shareasale for close to 10 years and have found it to be the most honest and ethical network out there. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well. Their conferences are top of the line as well. Highly recommended!

beckyj30
10/25/17

I have been a blogger for over 10 years- worked with quite a few affiliate networks and I have found that shareasale has been the best overall. I have used their platform and prefer it over others for almost all of my links and programs I am signed up with.
Their platform recently got an update and it's been a wonderful change. Easy to find new companies to promote, easy to customize links for better tracking and they have been there to answer any questions that I might have.
I also have been a merchant in their network for over a year and that has been a great experience as well. As it takes time and work to run an affiliate program and get it running smoothly (not on the part of shareasale- just running the program in general) there are many resources for sending newsletters to affiliates, tracking reports and updating databases. Again, any questions have been answered and many hours spent on issues that I may have to get them resolved.
While it is the responsibility of the affiliate and merchant to use the program and generate their own income based on their efforts- shareasale provides training and helpful articles to better understand affiliate marketing, increase clicks, income and conversions. I have found these very helpful as the internet world changes often and keeping up on everything can become confusing and time consuming.

criss62
10/25/17

I have been with ShareaSale as an affiliate for nearly 5 years. They are, HANDS DOWN, the best affiliate network out there. The platform is easy to use (I love the bookmarklet) and my emails are always responded to in a timely manner. Here's the thing with SaS, if you break their rules - they WILL kick you out. They fully support affiliates who are following their rules and those put forth by the FTC. So, if you're planning to do anything shady - don't sign up with SaS. If you're not - DO IT.

jessicas298
10/25/17

I've had a great partnership with the affiliate network, ShareASale, for 6+ years. They have hundreds of high-quality advertisers to promote, solid and fair payouts, as well as clear and concise reporting. I typically don't ever run into any problems, but if something does arise, their team is fast to address any type of concern and resolve whatever the issue may be. Looking forward to many more years partnering with this company!

anne2152
10/25/17

I've been with Shareasale for years and they are my go to for products to review and write about on my blog. I like the real time reports, quick response to questions, easy to use site and how the vendors keep me updated. When looking for the right merchant for your niche they make it so easy to find the right one. I would recommend Shareasale to anyone looking to work with one of the best affiliate programs available!

paular60
10/25/17

I have been using shareasale for several years now as a way of finding great merchants to work with and products to promote on my blog and social media platforms. I have been getting monthly payouts for a couple of years and I'm always pleased with the positive interactions with all the staff members. They are very responsive to questions and always seem to be working to make the experience better for every one. It is one of my all time favorite platforms to use. It's easy to use and the people "running the show" behind the scenes are always kind, respectful, and helpful.

Helpful answer -1

Neva - we check up on things all the time, and yes there can be mistakes, removal of tracking code, etc... it can happen though it is pretty rare. If you email me to brian@shareasale.com I would be happy to look at your site, look at the Merchants you are promoting, and make sure that there are no tracking errors or anything along those lines. I many even be able to help you figure out why those clicks are not buying.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

Ahmet - we have not ignored your messages. We've emailed back with suggestions on how to grow a real Affiliate Program. Launching a program, and expecting results within a week or two is just not how this channel operates, especially in the middle of Q4. We're happy to try to help you.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

Yes, ShareASale has been in business for 15 years consistently paying out commissions every month.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

Yes, ShareASale is available to be used from the UK as both a publisher and advertiser.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

Praveen - there are a number of different things you can setup including a Cost-Per-Sale, Cost-Per-Lead and Cost-per-Click - I would recommend contacting our Sales Department who can help you with further questions at sales@shareasale.com or calling our office number located on our website.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

Joan - we don't sell websites so I am not sure what you are referring to. You can reach our support department at shareasale@shareasale.com and please provide as much detail as you can as to what you are referring to.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

No, and ShareASale is free to use as a publisher and affiliate marketer. We have been in business since the year 2000 and recognized as a leading platform in the industry. If you have further questions about either setting up an affiliate account, or a merchant account at ShareASale you can always contact us via our website.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

John - to run an Affiliate Program utilizing ShareASale's network you would need to sell directly on your own website or platform. Unfortunately, selling on Amazon would not work in this case. If you do decide to move to selling direct on your own we'd be happy to discuss the benefits of the network with you.

By Brian L., ShareASale Representative

Cynthia, Being an Affiliate, is free. There is no cost. I'm not sure what you are looking at, but you may be looking at the pricing for Merchants. (Merchants pay to be promoted by the Affiliates that are on ShareASale).

By Melchor O.
Questions? Get answers from the ShareASale staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ShareASale