ScS

ScS has a consumer rating of 1.85 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ScS ranks 67th among Flooring sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 13.3%
How would you rate ScS?

“Great service in difficult times.”

Daphne S.
5/20/21

Strange not going to the shop to sit on a sofa before buying, but buying it online was fine for us. Delivered when stated, delivery drivers were good men, very efficient and friendly and careful when bringing it into our home. Second recliner sofas from scs, and the quality is still very good. Our "old" sofas are still so good, that we gave them to a friend., who said they look as good as new. What more can I say.

“Stay away from scs”

James P.
10/26/20

Purchased two leather chairs £2400, after about a year the colour fsded and leather sterted to crease, both scs and the insurance we took out refused to replace or repair chairs saying it was wear & tear, pathetic service stay away from this company.

mickm73
October 9th, 2021

Carpet fitters appointed by SCS damaged my room. SCS are not interested. Rubbish customer service. Dont buy from them

daphnes61

October 26th, 2020

johnsonh31
January 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

ScS is coning people every day from the minute you buy they lie to you con you, I was told several times free fitting on carpets when fitter arrived had to pay him or he said ill leave, sofas were faulty contacted scs they did not want to know ignore you mess you around they tell lies any think to not help you and leave you with faulty not fit for purpose sofas and carpets, the sofa you could feel wood digging into you carpet turned into holes within a week, court action to get money back if your reading this scs are a disgustingly vile company you should avoid, don't be fooled by there tv adverts that is the mistake my family did.

garyj358
December 6th, 2020

ScS sofas west midlands are a very bad company left my family with faulty carpets fake sofa lazy-boy they lie lie and lie more, mess you around play the blame game my family had to take them to court we won all our money back I would advise anyone to avoid these scs low lives like the plague.

emanueleb9
June 24th, 2021

Bought a new settee £4500, Soon after the recliner broken, Engineer came told me needs a new part to be ordered 5 to 7 weeks delivery time. Three months later nothing, no phone call no email nothing. I call them was tols part was lost so would need to re order so another 5 to 7 weeks delivery with no guarentee it would arrive. No apology no nothing from scs. Worst company every to buy from. Stay away from them at all costs.

kellyg642
August 13th, 2021

Absolutely disgusting customer service from scs lay z boy is awful quality framework breaking away recliners squeak and lean to one side the framework is astonishing I paid over £3000 for a sofa and extra insurance that isnt worth the paper it written and covers for nothing! SCAM ALERT all I've had is people come out trying to say it's human damage! It's barley used! And On both ends in the same place sure and I suppose the collapsed cardboard armrests are too! Thanks lazy boy sofa and to think I went on good judgment more fool me! Now I have to find more money great one

DONT BUY FROM DFS OR LAY Z BOY SOFA

Sofa

jaym557
September 27th, 2020

Scs Suck At making sofas, I got a sofa bed & insurance for about £2,000, The top off the sofa keep coming off & the 10 year insurance it worthless, The only part scs is A Specialist in is bull$#*!, I hop scs go bust & out go out of business so they do not rip any one else off.

helenb793
May 2nd, 2021

I received my corner suite yesterday and the two men who delivered were very helpful (even fixed all of the cushions) attention to detail! And went the extra mile to assist.

jackiew333
June 2nd, 2021

Ordered a leather sofa from SCS, after trying it out in the shop. Had to wait several weeks for it to arrive. The sofa that arrived was hard and uncomfortable, not at all like the one in the shop. Will not be buying from SCS again, and would not recommend them.

neillr3
June 29th, 2021

***Warning****This company are a complete and utter shambles. Do not buy from them. We ordered the first of what was going to be 3 orders from them. They came out and measured up and told us we would hear within a couple of weeks regarding a fitting date for our carpet. We paid them in full up front then waited over 2 months with no contact from them whatsoever, in fact we had to keep trying to chase them and it takes over half an hour to get through each time. Their customer support are very bad and tell lies to you to get you off the phone. We were told so many different stories about when our carpet would be delivered and each time it was a lie. They promise to call you back and never do.

The last straw for us was when they said they had lost our carpet after the manufacturer delivered it to the SCS distribution centre.

Their story was that it was due to be delivered to them on the 4th June but because it was delivered on the 31st May(early), the delivery was rejected at their distribution centre and sent back to the manufacturer.

They then said they could not find our carpet and would have to email the centre to look for it. But could still not give us a date. They have eventually given us a refund after a lot of chasing and phoning but they have now also lost future orders for other rooms and our sofa replacement, we will go elsewhere.

Do not buy anything from this company. We will NOT be ordering from them again. If you want a good professional service then avoid SCS

lisax11
January 16th, 2018

We have bought 2 sofas we were in the shop quite a few hours, we were not pestered all the time or followed around. There was always someone near if we had any questions.The staff were all very helpful and would go there again.

stevena47
May 14th, 2016

Great product a laze boy sofa. Deliverd on time and in A1 condition. Delivery drivers were very helpful their names were Darren c and tony h. WOULD DEFINETLY USE AGAIN. S AND J Atherton from wigan lancs

mariab1431
August 17th, 2021

We ordered carpets and furniture in February 2021 and we were told carpets would be delivered and fitted in June. This did not happen apparently due to Covid as they have to come from Belgium. We asked when we could expect the delivery and were told 16 July, this date went bye and when we emailed for an update we were assured we could expect a delivery on the 16th of August. Guess what now the 17th and the goods are still not there. Called into shop where we ordered and were told the delay is because of brexit maybe the management should hold a toolbox talk to get all the staff on board with any new excuses they can find. We are seriously considering cancelling total orders for both carpets and furniture, mind you wouldn't be surprised they would care given the seemingly carefree attitude of people we have contacted, whatever happened to customer care and good service must think we are all thick in Liverpool. Shame on you ScS.

Nothing further

None as yet

jamesc2966
December 5th, 2020

Went in store to place an order for a sofa and armchair in foam, replacing our old fibre sofa. Agreed throughout the entire process we wanted foam and actually got finance for the first time as this sofa was needed due to my partner being close to birth.

Finally delivered and its fibre. Rang store who said its been ordered in fibre and its £150 to upgrade to foam. Clearly in store adviser entered this incorrectly or there has been an issue down the line as we checked multiple times and agreed to pay the extra initially for foam cushions.

We wouldn't have ordered this incorrectly online, so why do we have to pay for an in store mistake?
Paperwork makes no mention of fibre or foam but now being asked to pay extra.

I'd honestly order online to make sure your order is correct, or go elsewhere. Customer support has been non existent.

robynef4
May 29th, 2021

Worse service I've ever experienced please done buy carpet from this company it's not worth it if things go wrong

Carpet

hafizmuhammada
July 31st, 2021

The worst company ever to deal with! I ordered carpets for my new house on 2nd of June and I was told they would be ready in 3-4 weeks so I was given keys for my new house as per that. Unfortunately they did not do the carpets for the house (only one small room was done) as per promise and I was given another date of end of June, they didn't do the carpets again. I was given a date of start of July, carpets not done again. Then another date of 7th July, caprts not done. Then 10th July, not done, then 13 July still not done. Then 15th July not done. End of July date still not done. Then I was told they are coming in store on 30th July, today when I called they said carpets still haven't turned up. I was living with my family in a rented house so I was paying the rent there as well as paying mortgage for my new house as waiting for the flooring. I had to change my move out date at least 4 times and then my landlord politely asked me to stop it as he got new tenants. I moved into my new house (of our dreams) which was not carpeted yet. There is dirt everywhere making my couple of carpets dirty as I am still waiting for my lounge, stairs with landing and one bedroom carpets. Their customer service is pathetic and when I said I wanted to speak to the manager they did not call me back and it's been 2 weeks at least while I was told they would get back to me in 2 days. They said they can only give me 10% of the order which is nothing as I had to stay extra one month in that rented house while I could have been in my house and I was paying mortgage as well so being charged double kind of. I would advise everyone to STAY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS! They are not worth it and they don't value their customers at all!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS

Products used:
A couple of carpets. Still waiting the delivery of
most of carpets

farooqi2
May 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

AVOID AVOID AVOID.
Save yourself headache, stress, and money by shopping elsewhere.
Given the amount and nature of their complaints you would be forgiven for thinking it was SCS – Shoddy Carpets and Sofas.

I purchased the Sisi Italia Raphael Leather collection of sofas, unfortunately before reading up on reviews. Ordering and delivery were mostly fine but what followed was not. The quality of the sofa is not reflective of the price paid. I would have been better off going to a local store and picking something up for less than half the price.

The sofa arrived damaged owing to the leather having cuts in it. I reported this via the aftercare department and an engineer appointment was made for an inspection. The engineer visited and offered a cosmetic repair whilst stating the repair would be noticeable. I refused this, it was existing damage and not damage caused by myself therefore this was not a fair compromise. The engineer appeared very nice and understanding when talking to us but then went away and put something different in his report. The damage was deemed accidental.

I then received an unexpected quotation from SCS for replacement parts and labour for the repair. I queried this and their claim that the damage was accidental to which they said it would be sent for review. I then received a call from SCS wanting to book an appointment for an engineer to come out and replace the parts. Multiple times I confirmed with the lady that the replacement parts and labour would be free of charge with no additional cost to me to which she confirmed that would be the case.

A couple of weeks later an engineer visited my property only to offer another cosmetic repair. I had already refused this for reasons stated above so obviously refused again. So back things went for review this time to a "Senior Technician".

Following this review and completely disregarding my consumer rights as dictated by law, SCS contacted me to say that the damage being deemed accidental was their final response and that they would offer the parts free of charge but I would have to pay the labour. Needless to say I am not happy to do this for damage that was already there.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 states that goods should be as described, of a satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose. Within 6 months the burden of proof is on SCS to prove the fault was not present at the time of delivery. SCS have not done this, an engineer employed by them giving his opinion that it is accidental damage does not prove the case. They have had multiple chances to provide a satisfactory repair or replacement. They are now in breach of contract and I am entitled to a refund. They sent me a link for RetailADR, an alternative dispute resolution service should I wish to take the matter further, but you only need to read here https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/retailadr.org.uk to learn who they are likely to favour.

I am now preparing to take the matter to court as companies like SCS should not be allowed to get away with such matters time and time again. They take consumers for mugs, happy to take your hard-earned money but couldn't care less when it comes to delivering the service.

wandar6
September 22nd, 2014

We are moving to our new house on the 24th Sept 2014. Signed an agreement with SCS carpet that carpet would be laid on the 16th. Endup master bedroom carpet didn't turn up on the 16th as agreed and we were told that it would be 6 days late. Then again, after 6 days the 22nd of Sept, the carpet didn't turn up even though we had confirmed with them twice that it would arrive. Tried to talk to the manager, of course, he wouldn't be around. We called at 3pm and was told that carpet just arrived their shop but there were no fitter willing to do a late job. 3 pm was too late for a one and a half hour job, I can't believe it.
Nobody bothered to inform us that no one was coming until we called. Then we were told that they would come the next morning.
How easy for them to change whatever day they liked. We are moving in the new house in 2 days but the master bedroom carpet was not ready, which meaned all the furniture couldn't be delievered. They just don't care. We had been waiting for whole day on the 22nd, then we have to go again the day before we move while we are supposed to do our packing.
Anyone wants to deal with SCS Carpet, please, take a second thought. There are a lot of carpet suppliers across the country. Please be smart! Pick the honest one.

Wanda Rand

maureenw52
August 4th, 2019

My sister in law is disabled and ordered a recliner chair from SCS Wigan, she was initially told 6 weeks for delivery and after 4 weeks I called in to get a delivery date of 3rd of August, the chair had not come by 3 pm so my sister in law phoned the shop, at no time did they call her, she now has a date of 16th August. This was supposed to be a priority order due to her physical problems. It's unfair that she has paid good money for this chair and still doesn't have it, we will never shop there again.

Questions? Get answers from the ScS staff and other customers.

At ScS Sofas, we offer great sofas at great prices and with up to 4 years interest free credit available, there has never been a better time to buy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ScS?

Have a question about ScS?