Review of Scribd

Tel: 1465487406
support@scribd.com

pjh17
10/21/18

First, They misrepresent their plan. It's extremely limited. For over $100 a year you get 24 audiobooks and pretty much close to the same number of books. For the entire year. That's the limit (we won't count assorted docs uploaded about various crap including samples with "buy the full" ads. So it isn't unlimited. Appears someone in their office needs to buy a dictionary. Around 2.25 an item.

Second, for 50 bucks, I can join the Brooklyn public library (any where in the USA. Open to US only) for a year. I can access their overdrive and several other digital collections from anywhere in the United States. I can check out 15 items every seven days if I choose just from their overdrive collection. 780 books a year. 15 from their bibliotheca collection; another 780 books a year. 1560 books just from two collections offered. Cost? .032 cents a book. PS. If you live in NY? It is free. Their overdrive counts over 100,000 books alone not counting the rest.

Will update if they pull the charge after cancellation in November. So far it says free trial ends November 18th.

Scribd is overpriced and way overrated. And a very poor model.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi PJ - I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with our service. We absolutely do provide unlimited reading and you can view all our unlimited titles, here: https://www.scribd.com/explore. If you'd like help with a charge and confirming that you've canceled your account, please send us an email to help@scribd.com. Thank you.
tonyat30
10/19/18

Was charged $8.99 TWICE yesterday and I didnt open an account. I have an old account with them, but no new ones and my old account is currently unsubscribed, so it didn't come from there. Opened TWO refund tickets that now say "Solved" with no correspondence from anyone and NO REFUND, except some generic automated email. I used to like Scribd and have subscribed for years and only temporarily cancelled my subscription, because I don't always have time to read, but I guess if they want to keep my money, they can lose me for good.
Ticket number: 1872281
I shouldn't have ANY account active, as I suspended the only one that I have opened. There are 2 charges to my account and neither came from my original account

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Tonya - I'm very sorry to hear about this; most likely you have another account with us which is still active. Could you please update your review with your ticket number? That way, I can personally resolve this for you. Thank you!
eugenb5
10/15/18

I hate it because of it's constant bull$#*! about subscribing. I don't want to subscribe to read a $#*!ing document that isn't even yours. Scribd is full of $#*!ty documents which in order to read them, you need to pay 9 dollars a month. Every time I come to this site not for it's stupid bestselling books that no one needs or reads, but for these documents which were illegally uploaded without theirs author's consent.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Euthanasius - I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with our service - it is not a free service that we offer, but a recurring monthly subscription for all content on our site. All documents are uploaded by individual users - if you believe something has been uploaded without the author's permission, please feel free to email us at help@scribd.com. Thank you!
garyl266
10/14/18

I have been trying to cancel this membership since July! I just received my American Express bill and I have been charged $8.99 twice AGAIN! When you email at the address that they suggest, you get a 'canned' response even if it is on a Sunday asking for more information. Something is not right about this company.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Gary - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. In order for us to locate the charges in our system and issue a refund, we'll need your help. Please update your review with your Ticket Number, and I'll be able to help you out, personally. Thank you!
andyj85
10/14/18

Signed up for unlimited reading and after listening to parts of a few audio books, suddenly most of the titles on my saved list are "unavailable" until next month.

Most of the books I no longer have access to are current titles--some of which I had already started reading. The only things I seem to be able to access now are older titles & short audio presentations, most of which I can find for free elsewhere on the web.

The service they're advertising is not "unlimited" by any definition.

I'm sure it's buried in the terms of service somewhere, but it appears that even when paying for "unlimited" service, you're limited to a certain number of books, then they curtail your access.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Andy - We’re sorry that certain specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available for unlimited reading right away: https://www.scribd.com/explore Still have questions? Email help@scribd.com - Thanks!
gracek60
10/11/18

How much this company stole money from innocent people who never signed up on their website? Every account they charged $8.99 every month!!!!! Nasty thieves.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Grace - If you've received unexpected charges from us, please email us at help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to locate your subscription and issue a refund. Thank you!
jg247
10/7/18

I battled with Scribd for a long time on this -- unfair charges when I had not signed up for membership -- and the outcome was sleazy.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi JG - I'm so sorry to hear about your unexpected charges and we are happy to issue a refund. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com with ATTENTION JAMES in the subject line and I'll help you out, personally.
marck47
9/21/18

Scribd got away with charging my credit card for 5 months before I noticed it. Luckily the credit card company was able to get Scribd to refund my money. The problem is I never signed up for their service in the first place. Company like this make millions off charging unsuspecting people.
It seems that we buy something on one website not knowing that it has a sister company that will take our credit card information and charge us for services we never ordered. The most common trick is when we go to checkout and buy our merchandise, in the checkout area the company has a box pre-checked with small print next to it tricking us into signing up for something we don't need or want. I'm so tired of these scams on unsuspecting consumers. There needs to be a detailed Federal Regulations preventing this type of consumer scam by companies. I remember years ago T-mobile did the same thing to me; adding charges for things I never ordered. Because of what they did to me I now use prepaid service for my family through Total Wireless. This way I can avoid fraudulent charges since it is a paid in advance service. Scribd Inc is just another rip off corporation scamming innocent consumers.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Marc - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. Scribd does not have a "sister" company and we certainly would not take your credit card details from another site and sign you up on our site; this just isn't possible. Most likely, you signed up for a subscription with us and forgot to cancel, which is why you received the charges. In the future, please email us at help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to locate your charges and issue a refund! Thank you!
bonnym7
Bonny M.
9/21/18

I was curious but I did not subscribe to their service and they took my money every month for one year without my consentement !!! It was impossible to detect it, they use your Card information stored in Your Iphone. Then the subscription does not appear within your Apple subscriptions, there are no invoices no welcome mail, it is undetectable. They refuse to give my money back even if they KNOW that I have a never used their service, as soon as I wasn't even aware that I was I boarded against my will !!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Bonny - I'm very sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. It's not possible for us to start a subscription on your behalf using information stored on your phone; it is possible you may have started a subscription with us via the Apple iTunes store, which is why you're receiving those charges. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to investigate!
abhisekt
9/15/18

I had taken a free membership last month i.e. on August'2018 and for that purpose already a sum of USD 8.99 was deducted in the month of August.
However when i tried to cancel the membership it shows that i do not have any member ship plans. WHAT MORE SURPRISING IS THAT AGAIN A SUM OF $8.99 WAS DEDUCTED FROM MY CREDIT CARD THIS MONTH I.E . SEPTEMBER'18.

Please find attached the screen shots which clearly says i do not have a membership plan.
PLEASE TAKE ACTION AND REFUND THE MONEY THAT WAS DEDUCTED FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER.
I will have to approach the Indian Consumer forum if proper and immediate action is not taken.
Thanks,
DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Abhisek - I'm very sorry to hear about your unexpected charges; most likely you have a second account with us that is connected to a different email address. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to locate your second account and issue a refund!
antoniyab
9/11/18

Edited to respond to Scribd representative reply.

Jerry,

With all due respect, I am not interested in any of your "immediately available" titles. Please stop patronizing your subscribers and insulting their intelligence! Certainly, you can't believe that it is acceptable to dictate to your paying customers what audiobooks should be available to them! And certainly it is not unreasonable for a paying customer to expect that at least 2-3 titles out of 150+ they have showed interest in would actually be available to them during any given billing cycle. Honestly, it is better not to respond at all than to aggravate subscribers even further with unreasonable suggestions. There is a reason why 90 percent of your customers are furious! Enough is enough!

I was one of the original scribd subscribers when it first came out. For a while it was fantastic and it did what it claimed to do - provide access to unlimited books and audiobooks for a fixed monthly fee. I recommended it to everyone, all the time. So much so, that people started thinking I was paid to do it. Then at one point the service became unsustainable and the developers changed it to a credit system that allowed for one audiobook and three ebooks per month. At that point, I canceled my subscription because it was not worth it to me anymore. I have received multiple invitations to rejoin over the years and when, in February, they sent an email stating they were going back to unlimited, I decided to give them a second chance. I read the small print and online reviews on the new platform and understood that they would limit certain books during a billing cycle for heavy usage.

Now, I am already a heavy user of my library system via Overdrive and use Scribd primarily to supplement and get audiobooks with long waitlists at the library. I have always tried to be careful in how often I listen to audios from Scribd and never go through more than 2-3 audiobooks, if that. I'd hardly call that heavy usage! For the first few months, they limited some books until the next billing cycle, but it was not an issue as they still left me enough options in my saved (not downloaded) books to choose from. Not the case with the September billing cycle. As soon as I was billed for the new month, on September 2nd, ALL of my saved audiobooks (150+) became unavailable! All the books not saved that I search for are also unavailable. That's right off the bat before I'd had a chance to listen to even one book.

Multiple emails with customer service result in general, patronizing responses about their obligation to their publishers, and fixing bugs that allowed downloads to remain on subscribers' devices after having been removed from their accounts. As others have already mentioned, not one person has given me a straight answer to my very specific question, " why am I not able to listen to even one audiobook of my choice for the entire month of September? What am I paying a fee for this month if I am unable to access any titles I am interested in?". Last person to get in touch with me was named Zeke (his handle, anyway), and his responses were absolutely infuriating and so very condescending that I finally gave up.

The fact that they diligently and meticulously reply to every unhappy customer's comment here, on iTunes, and everywhere else complaints are posted with, "I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Please email us with your ticket number and we'll be happy to fix your problem" means absolutely nothing. They never fix anything, just feed you more general BS. Never a straight answer, either. So disappointing and appalling! Not only is their service not unlimited, the limitations make no sense whatsoever and feel punitive without any cause.

I guess they'll just continue to laugh at their dumb subscribers and keep lying about their service until someone finally shuts them down and or sues the hell out of them. Zero stars!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Antoniya - we’re sorry that some specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. I know this is frustrating to have specific titles unavailable, but it does not mean that all books are unavailable to you. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available right away for unlimited reading: https://www.scribd.com/explore - Thanks!
anw1
9/9/18

They charged me again after cancellation. Moreover, cancellation procedure is very complicated and intricate... You think that you can unsubsrcibe membership with clicking button? You are very wrong!!!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi An - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charge; most likely your account was not canceled fully which is why the charge came through. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll make sure your account is canceled and we'll issue a full refund. Thank you!
arpitp2
9/3/18

I opened up my account few months back and kept for some academic research. Since they were not having quality stuff, I cancelled my membership on May 2018. They show in my account that the account is cancelled and I can't subscribe any more, however, they keep on charging $8.99 from my account every month. The pity is, there is no cs phone number and email or posting complain is the only option. I explained them via email but they simply wrote back that there is no purchase from my account recently. They are neither refunding nor cancelling this recurring payment. Very pathetic experience. Not recommended to anyone.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Arpit - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. Most likely, the charges are from a second account you created with an alternate email address. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to resolve this with you!
monicas181
8/31/18

Scribd is all about trying to get credit cards for the free trial
I tried several times but some how none of my credit cards seems to work there
I received this message:
"Oops! There was an error processing your payment. Please use a different credit card, or try again later"
I tried to contact customer support, but it also didn't help
I simple gave it up hoping they wont still or use wrongly my personal information
I don't recommend!!!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Monica - I'm sorry to hear about your experience! Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we can absolutely resolve this with you!
davidh1212
8/30/18

I think they were better off with the credit system. With this "so called" *unlimited model, after consuming just a couple of audiobooks you are left with a very paltry selection of content of either librovox style recordings or other types of uninteresting titles until the renewal of your next billing cycle. I can understand the need for a business to turn a profit, but you need to be clear on how many books from certain publishers you can access before you are cut off from the good content. Now choosing an audiobook from Scribd is kind of like walking on eggshells because I have to be careful which books may or may not set off the algorithm that will limit your selections. It's my understanding that they refuse to be clear on this. They pretty much just come back with canned responses to anybody who contacts them to complain.
I have come to find that my local library has a great wealth of content that is ready available which can tide me over until I can access the best selling titles on the wait list. If on a rare occasion there is something that I have an absolute urge to read now, I can always just purchase it on Google play. I think that may be more cost effective than paying $9 a month for a service that doesn't really deliver what it claims to.
I would come back to Scribd if they would either
a) Make the service TRULY unlimited (even if I had to pay a little more) or
b) Clarify which content and the quantity of that content that can be consumed in a month, so that one can plan accordingly.
I don't get how this works, it's too confusing and seemingly arbitrary.

bradl83
8/29/18

Signed up for free trial.
They didnt have the documents I needed.
Cancelled during the trial period, before they were to debit my card.
Shifty buggers processed two charges to my account.
I complained and all they do to stall you and avoid refunding the money they stole is to quote a bullsh|t story: " It looks like you purchased a subscription with us using an alternate email address and may have forgotten about it. "

They say this to everyone so they can avoid refunding the money they steal.

I NEVER signed up with another email address. Stop telling me that I did, Scribd, you bunch of scammers and thieves.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Brad - I'm sorry to hear about your issue with unexpected charges. As explained previously, most likely a second account was accidentally created, which is why you're being charged. Please reply to this with your ticket number and I can help resolve this with you!
courtneyw70
8/28/18

I signed up for a 30-day free trial in August after seeing how many books on my reading list were available on Scribd. I read the *unlimited statement, understanding that if you are a voracious reader, Scribd may have to occasionally and temporarily reduce the amount of available books for that particular user.

I listened to 2 audiobooks in the month of August, and apparently that made the "voracious reader" list, because 99% of the books that were originally available, are now showing unavailable until after I'm billed for my first month.

So, what is the point of offering *unlimited reading each month, when you consider a customer who reads 2 books a month as "voracious"

To make matters worse, my customer service representative is TERRIBLE. It has been over a week since I first reached out, and 6 messages later, and I have yet to receive a response regarding my ACTUAL issue. They canceled my account without my permission, and without even addressing the issue at hand. Of course, I was not happy, so I further explained the issue. Then, I received another message saying the book title I'm trying to view has not been released yet by the author (yet, there are 200+ reviews on Scribd for that book). And, to top it off, I never even mentioned a book title in any of my messages.

I have sent multiple screenshots to my representative showing how Scribd shows them available on their website, but once you sign-up, they're no longer available until after your billing date - and to no surprise, I have yet to receive a response from my representative.

I understand limiting reading for people reading 50 books each month, but to do this to a reader who only listened to TWO books in the month before being added to the "voracious reader list", you may as well go back to the credit system.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Courtney - I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and I'd like to help! Could you please reply to this with your ticket number from when you emailed us? That way, I can personally help resolve the issue. Thank you!
bobl231
8/23/18

Every month I listen to a single book then am told I have to wait till Next month to get a new one and everytime I Co tact support they say it's an avaiblilty issue. This month I just got access back 2 days ago. And already can't listen to any books till next month what's the point? Unlimited means one book apparently. I can't wait for the class action suit

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Bob - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our unlimited service. We do our best to make sure that popular titles are available at all times. Could you please reply to this with your ticket number? That way, I can personally assist you with this. Thank you!
ashleym359
8/22/18

First of all, calling the subscription "unlimited" is misleading and completely false. When I started my subscription, I saw that I had access to many audiobooks and I saved them to my account. After a few days, every audiobook that wasn't saved to my account said "not available until (DATE)" which just coincidentally is the date for the next payment. So basically, audiobooks are only available to you on the day of payment (and only if you hit save) and after that they say "unavailable." This angered me because I felt they misrepresented the nature of the subscription by calling it unlimited when it is quite literally extremely limited (Nowhere on the site does it explain that this is how the subscription works...it repeatedly calls it unlimited - lies). However, I just saved all the books I wanted and waited several weeks until my next payment so they would be available. Fine. Annoying, but I was fine with that as long as I got the books I wanted.

THEN, randomly...all these books I saved were again unavailable until the following payment. When I ask questions of customer service I get a BS response that titles become unavailable due to agreements with publishers. That is BS because it is clearly associated with the date of payment and the books are a variety of publishers. I think they do this to try to keep customers on for month after month.

This company needs to be forthright about the actual nature of the subscription. If the subscription ran as it actually is advertised and explained on their site and FAQs...it would be perfect. However, it is unfortunately too good to be true. For being a company that is promoting literature, reading, expanding your mind ,etc, it is far too shady.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Ashley - I want to apologize for the confusion and frustration you may be feeling. We have released an article that will hopefully shed some light on these recent changes, at bit.ly/2w8420d. As always, please don't hesitate to email us at support@scribd.com and we'll be happy to help further. Thank you!
heathert101
8/21/18

My kids and I love audiobooks. We have used Scribd for years. When they switched to a credit service, we were disappointed at first, but as they expanded their offerings and we were still able to access several titles without using our credits, we continued to enjoy the service. We were beyond excited when Scribd switched back to unlimited this year. For the first few months, things were great. However, as summer has progressed, the service has gotten more and more frustrating.

We often listen to series of audiobooks through the day. Several times, we've had to wait until our monthly subscription renewal to continue a series. Since we had listened to several books those months, I completely get the throttling. Until
Now. We are half way through one particular series in July when we had to wait until 8/11 for the next book. Got notification that it was available but we were actually listening to book 2 again finished book 2 8/17 and went to start book three. Now it says it won't be available until 9/11. Contact support and I'm told I'm not being limited, they are just popular titles (considering I had to dig around to even find them, I doubt that). No explanation as to why the book was available for me on 8/11 but now it won't be available until 9/11.

Had this happen in June and July with a 40 year old book also. Yep, the book is so popular it is made available and then taken away since I didn't read it right away. Funny that availability date is always based on my subscription renewal. We will give this a few more months and if things continue going downhill, I'd rather be limited to one credit title a month on Audible than not able to access anything I want to read.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Heather - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our unlimited service. We do our best to make sure that popular titles are available at all times and I apologize for the confusion and frustration you may be feeling. We have released an article that will hopefully shed some light on these recent changes, at bit.ly/2w8420d. As always, please don't hesitate to email us at support@scribd.com and we'll be happy to help further. Thank you!
naws
8/12/18

Scribd will send you messages more than twice in a month that your account was needed to fill money. If you give response their messages ,at the same, time they will charge you. Even though you have already paid, their system was stuck and you was like you haven't pay yet. So, they will send you messages again and you fill again. Then, they charge you again. Their system was so terrible. Then, the application was too. They just show the books that they want to promote. Application was not user friendly.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Naw - I'm very sorry to hear about your duplicate payments. Most likely, you had two accounts with us, which you've forgotten about. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to resolve this for you!
jennyh106
8/10/18

I signed up for a 30 day trial. I was supposed to start paying on the 13th of the next month. I noticed as I went through the books online the majority of the good ones said "this book/audiobook available on the 14th". There were very few to choose from. My friend has a scribd account and I asked her to look up certain books that were not arriving til the 14th in my account and SHE had access to all of them in her account already. I cancelled immediately. What a scam. They waive the good books under your nose during the trial, but don't give you access to them until the end of your trial so you'll pay for a membership. That's not a trial that's a scam. Made me not trust the company so I cancelled.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Jenny - I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our unlimited service. We'll be happy to explain in further detail about what is offered in a trial period and our unlimited subscription. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com as we'd love to have you back!
simoner19
8/4/18

I signed up for the free trial, but when I go to cancel my subscription, the website says there is no record of my membership, no credit card on file, and no payment history. Scribd deducted $8.99 from my account today..

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Simone - I'm sorry to hear about this! Most likely, you have two accounts with us, which is why you're not seeing any payment details when you sign in. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we can absolutely locate your second account and issue a refund. Thank you!
selvav
7/31/18

I subscribed for one month trial but never used this or login again but they keep on charging, no reply from support also. My request id Request #1788680.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Selva - I'm sorry to hear about your frustration, but it looks like you've been emailing with Karen on our support team yesterday and she's processed a refund for you! If you have further questions, please respond to Karen's email and she'll be happy to help.
tinahk
7/26/18

I cancelled my subscription on 6 June 2018 and was charged on 17 June 2018 and though I raised hell and still not refunded, have been recharged on 17 July 2018 again! #$%@& refund my bloody money!!! Absolutely worst, tricksters stealing people's money!! For #$%#& sake, refund my money, its not yours. This is going to court!!!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Tinah - I'm so sorry to hear about your unexpected charges and I absolutely want to make this right with you. Could you please reply to this with your ticket number? That way, I can personally issue a refund. Thank you!

Helpful answer -1

Hi Michele, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! Unfortunately, and I'm truly sorry for this, we've received a higher than normal amount of emails recently and have been unable to respond as quickly as we'd like to. We know what a pain it is to have to wait in line, but appreciate your patience and understanding none-the-less! I've responded to your request. Please check ticket #1296757 for further information. Thanks! -Donni, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Pete! We're always happy to help and provide information as to how you signed up. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we will be in touch shortly. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

If you signup, use PayPal as a payment method. Recurring payment can be cancelled easily, (takes a few clicks to get to the page on PayPal site though) that way they absolutely cannot charge you after you cancel. To be fair though I would also cancel on their website. But at least PayPal makes it clear that you cant be charged anymore

By Dominique B.

Hi Katie. Thanks for reaching out. Our support team can assist you by emailing us at help@scribd.com. If you've emailed us already, send us a message here with your ticket number or the email address you wrote in with. Thanks! - Donni, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Scaria! As long as your account is fully canceled, you will not be charged for the subscription. We're always happy to help with canceling your subscription via email at help@scribd.com or support@scribd.com. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support.

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Ruth - Thanks for reaching out to us! I can assure you that your monthly subscription does entitle you to access an unlimited number of books and audiobooks during the subscription period. While we strive to provide the most comprehensive catalog to all of our members, we can't always guarantee the immediate availability of a specific title. I can guarantee you that we will never say "That's it, no more for you!", however the books that you are trying to access are very popular, and because of our agreements with our publishers, we have to adjust the availability when necessary so that our publishers are still benefiting from their partnership with us. For more information, please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to help!

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi there! As long as you unsubscribe before the end of the free trial, you will not be charged. We're always happy to help with canceling as well! Just send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be in touch. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Simon! You can always unsubscribe from the Order History tab when logged into your account (https://www.scribd.com/account-settings/account/membership). If you are having any trouble, we are always here to help! Just send us an email to help@scribd.com and we will be in touch shortly. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi MaryAnn! We send you an email to mamigatz44@aol.com last week asking for a bit more information in order to locate your subscribed account. We definitely want to make sure you get any refunds you are eligible for and that the subscription is canceled. Please reply to the email we sent last week so that we are able to locate your account. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Service

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

I'm not even sure if I've been on the website before. I do recall briefly subscribing to a online book service like it months ago, but I also recall cancelling that membership. Anyways, I've been charged for month upon month since that time, have no recollection of an account with scribd, zero notifications about these charges or an accounts existence by email, no way to contact scribd, and no way to recover the account I supposedly created. So, should you try Scribd? No.

By David K.
Questions? Get answers from the Scribd staff and other customers.

Scribd?