Review of Scribd

Tel: 1465487406
support@scribd.com

rot3
3/19/19

After my free trial expired I cancel subscription (at least I thought so) but they charged me for 2 more months. I don't think it's fair how they are doing it, but it is my fault that I didn't pay attention to that. Finally, I managed to cancel the subscription but because the card information cannot be deleted I want to delete my account permanently. My problem and reason for the 1 star is that I can't delete my account!! I've read ALL the instructions on the internet and FAQ about deleting accounts, but that button just doesn't exist on my Account Setting page. I'm really disappointed and I don't think this is an appropriate way of treating clients!!
(I uploaded a screenshot of my account settings page where the button "delete account" is supposed to be.)

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hey there! So sorry for the confusion. The reason you are not seeing the "Delete" button, is because your membership remains active until the end of your paid month. Once this time expires, you'll be able to delete your account. That being said, our support team is more than happy to take care of this for you right away! Please email us at help@scribd.com, then update your review with your ticket number and we'll reach out to you shortly. Thanks!
sp160
3/18/19

If you borrow "too many" (I listened to three audiobooks this month) they limit the books on your saved list and make them unavailable to you for the rest of the month. Massive rip-off. For the next two weeks, I only have Charles $#*!en and the like (classic, freebies) available to me for the second half of the month. I bought the all inclusive $85/year membership. Ridiculous.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi there! We apologize for any confusion with your Scribd membership. Our catalog rotates as you read, and while some titles may not be immediately available, you will always have something to read! Our support article here, https://support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210135086 can help you with finding titles to read right away, and our support team is more than happy to answer any questions you may have at help@scribd.com Thanks!
adamh255
3/17/19

The keep charging me 8 months of trial, and won't able to to canceled it unless you put credit card stop on the account.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hey there Adam - We're sorry for any confusion regarding your Scribd account. Our monthly membership renews at the end of the trial period, and continues until it is canceled. Our support team is more than happy to assist you with this, and issue you a refund. Please email us at help@scribd.com, update your review with your ticket number and we will reply shortly. Thanks!
olukonyinsolao
3/13/19

Would you like to know the solution to all your dissatisfied 1 star customer reviews Jerry? I'll give you the answer for free and no need for your future appreciation.

Here are the Deceptive practices that leads to angry customers. They are used to prevent customers from canceling and they work very well. The proof is in the reviews.

1. It is difficult to find the cancellation page. I believe a customer has to search for a specific link rather than just navigating the Scribd home website. It is unusual that one cannot cancel from the Scribd homepage. When compared to subscribing cancelling is pretty difficult. Why is that Jerry Please answer.

2. I exclusively used this service on my iphone. But unlike every other application I could not cancel through my apple id?Why is that Jerry? Please answer

3. Where most people likely go wrong is the first cancellation page. I clicked the first "cancel subscription button" and thought I was done with this aggravating task. But I found out months later that there is a cancellation funnel that customers have to go through. You click cancel subscription. Then it takes you to a page that seems to confirm your cancellation. But this is not true. Its actually a second cancellation page. You have to scroll down to cancel again?! What awaits is another cancellation page(the last one). Why is this Jerry please explain and change. Keep in mind there is only one subscribe button. Why is there a discrepancy Jerry? Please explain.

So the solution Jerry is to get rid of the cancellation funnel. Why does a customer have to click cancel 3 times or more to cancel there subscription?. This is why you have so many unhappy customers. Get rid of the extra cancellation pages and I promises your bad reviews will reduce.

For doing your job all I ask is for a refund for the months that I assumed my subscription was canceled (I clicked unsubscribe once which should be enough).

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hello there John - We are more than happy to address each of your concerns, and answer any further questions you may have. If you can email us at help@scribd.com, then update your review with your support ticket number, a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!
pierluigif
3/13/19

Months ago, I subscribed for your 30 days trial. Two days before my trial period was over, I cancelled my subscription! I was 100% sure, but it turns out that no - it wasn't complete for some reason! So that two days later I was charged with one month, that I didn't ask for. I'd like to have a refund, since - as it turned out - I wasn't the only one facing this issue...
Request #2050494

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Luigi- It looks like you were charged a few days before you cancelled your subscription. I've gone ahead and issued a refund!
nitat3
3/12/19

I started using Scribd 6 months ago and rave to all my friends about it. The list of titles is amazing and for a small monthly cost you get to read everything whenever you want. The quality of print is great, the App works a treat and it syncs everything so I am able to read or listen on my laptop or phone or any other device whenever I want. I had been looking for this type of service for years....now I've found it, it's changed my reading world. Great service, amazing value for money. Thank you Scribd.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Nita- Thank you so much for your kind words; we're so happy that you're enjoying your time with us! If you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@scribd.com. Thank you!
vandanas12
2/24/19

I cancelled the subscription of my free trial 3 days before the end. And guess what, scribd is still charging me!!! Their free trial seems to look like a scam definitely. An unfair, dishonest app. Customers, beware!!

Refund my money! Request #2027090

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Vandana- Niall has responded to your ticket today and has issued a refund. Thank you!
scotth455
2/23/19

I never signed up for Scribd and have been charged nearly $50 over the past 5 months. Paid by my Paypal account which I use very rarely and thus don't really keep an eye on. NO EMAILS WHATSOEVER FROM SCRIBD INDICATING CHARGES OR THAT I SIGNED UP FOR THE SERVICE. LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A SCAM AND PERHAPS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS THE WAY TO PUT AN END TO THIS.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Scott- I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges; most likely you have a subscription with us that hasn't been cancelled. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to locate the subscription and issue a refund. Thank you!
juanl93
2/23/19

support ticket #2026114

I only had a free trial for 30 days in June last year and you did not inform me of the charge in the following months. I even did not use your service after June last year. You are frauding me and stealing money from me! This is illegal.

So I want a refunding of all the money from July in last year until today--72 EUR

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Juan- I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges; most likely your subscription was not cancelled fully, which is why you're being charged. I've ensured that your ticket will be responded to by the end of the day!
kaya84
2/16/19

In no way does Scribd offer "unlimited" reading and listening as they advertise. While they admit they throttle "super users" not only do they flatly refuse to define what that means, but I have continually been throttled after a single audiobook. And there has been nothing but horror stories about trying to cancel your subscription with this company. Stay far away from this scam.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Kay- I'm very sorry that specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available for unlimited reading right away: https://www.scribd.com/explore Still have questions? Email help@scribd.com - Thanks!
shivak16
2/15/19

They said they will get back in a day...not true. They say unlimited...not true either. They cut you off till the next billing cycle.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Shiva- I'm sorry that specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available for unlimited reading right away: https://www.scribd.com/explore Still have questions? Email help@scribd.com - Thanks!
georgesc7
2/9/19

They let you use their service then when you cancel they'll send a confirmation and keep charging you. When you write them they'll keep saying they are doing their best to locate the charges but in fact they are just delaying and trying to scam you longer.

They will keep pretending as long as you let them.

And now Jerry G., Scribd Representative, is here to keep the show, pretending to help disgruntled users that HE will help them? Stop the joke Jerry.

Your scam is gonna is gonna come back at you.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Georges - I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I completely understand your frustration. You are not being lied to here; every single person who has had their unexpected charges refunded once we locate their account. Could you please update your review to include your ticket number so I can look into this for you? Thank you.
saml209
2/8/19

I have accepted trial; membership few months ago but two days later I have realizes that they do not have what I want and have canceled my trial membership. I have emailed to their customer service , they have replied , quite politely but have simply continued to charge my visa account every month. I have contacted them again , but without any success. I have to cancel my account to stop them steeling money from my account.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Sam - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges! Can you please update your review with your ticket number? That way, I can personally resolve this for you. Thank you!
cuckersonn
2/3/19

you can't see $#*! and neither download them because you need an account
and if you try to create an account, you need to put in your credit card info

overall: don't even go near that degeneracy

dillonb19
2/3/19

They used to give you 1 audiobook & 3 books a month. Now they say you get "unlimited" but actually get... 1 audiobook a month and 3 books... false advertising. Audible may be more expensive but you OWN the book you get each month so if you want to listen to it again it doesn't count as your 1 "unlimited" book to listen to it again!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Dillon - I'm sorry that specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available for unlimited reading right away: https://www.scribd.com/explore Still have questions? Email help@scribd.com - Thanks!
afiqahj
2/1/19

I canceled my membership late 2018, and I am still being charged exactly today. I have emailed both the Support and Help email. Please do help to sort this out soonest!

Thank you.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Afiqah - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. Could you please update your review with your ticket number? That way, I can take care of this personally. Thank you!
mathieup14
1/31/19

I was just charged $8.99 USD for a Scribd membership when I've never given them my credit card information. This is complete BS.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Mathieu - Most likely you signed up for a subscription with us in order to access a PDF document or book. Please email us at help@scribd.com so we can locate your subscription and issue a refund. Thank you!
marthag113
1/31/19

I signed up to use the site, but found it wasn't worth it. So, I cancelled my membership. The website correctly says "Your scribd membership has expired".... BUT I just realized they have been charging my credit card every month since I quit in September. I'm now logging them as fraudulent on my credit card site.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Martha - Since you cancelled but have still continued to be charged, this means you have a second account that you created with us, which was not cancelled. Please email us at help@scribd.com and we will locate that second account and issue a refund. Thank you!
anthonyd261
1/30/19

Do not fall for their free trial membership service, it is an absolute scam and you will be charged.

Their customer service is horrendous. Again, dont fall for their free trial membership, you will be charged!!

Update!!!!!!: It is January 30th 2019, and still no response from their customer service department despite leaving me a message on here that they will refund me. Completely bogus. Here is the proof that this company has still not refunded me despite leaving a response on trust pilot that they would.

Subject: Re: Free Trial Membership
To: support supportatscribd.com
Cc: help helpatscribd.com
Sent: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Francisco,

I left a review on my experience on a website and a Scribd customer service rep replied with the attached response.

Please let me know if I can finally be refunded.

Thank you.

----------------------------------
Tue, Jan 22, 2019 8:18 pm
To support supportatscribd.com
Cc help helpatscribd.com

Hello,

Is there any response to my inquiry?

I have not heard a single thing back.

----------

This business kept my my money and ran , fraud!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Anthony - Can you please update your review with your ticket number you received when you emailed us? That way, I can personally look into this
nannettec8
1/29/19

I joined Scribd to have unlimited access to Audiobooks. It seemed great so many choices. I went to get a new Audiobook and was shocked to find I had very little options. I though there was an issue with the website until I tried the next day and got the same. I tried to search for Janet Evanovich No Results when I was logged in so I logged out and searched and there are 77 choices. See my attached picture. I did send 2 messages to them and have not heard back

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Nannette - I'm really sorry for the inconvenience with temporarily unavailable titles not coming up in your search results! Our search system does "hide" titles that are not immediately available, however it's designed to show "top results" so if you're searching for the exact book title it should appear in the top results row. If you have further questions or need help with anything, please send us an email to help@scribd.com. Thank you!
mels161
1/26/19

I never signed up for a continuing service - I never do.

They deny that I have an account - and yet, they keep on billing my card.

I have contacted them via email. They just keep hoping you will go away. Their phone number they give to the credit card companies won't provide support. They just send you into an endless loop.

Report them to your state attorney general for wire fraud. Let's get them shut down.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Mel - I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with this. Since you're being charged, you definitely have an account with us but it may just be under an email you've forgotten about. Could you please update your review with your ticket number so I can look into this for you and resolve it? Thank you!
joliem2
1/16/19

Very deceptive. This is not an unlimited service. After you listen to 2 audiobooks during a billing cycle you are cut off. After you are cut off you can see the title and the date it will be available. I researched this and found countless reviews with the same issue. They were told that they "throttle abusers of the system". I am not sure how paying for a service and then trying to use it can be considered abusive. Very disappointed since I prepaid for a year. Will be requesting a refund. Audible may be a little more expensive but they are upfront about their service, offer discounts and you can purchase more books if you'd like. With Scrid you just have ti wait.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Jolie - I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our service and that specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available right away: https://www.scribd.com/explore Still have questions? Email help@scribd.com - Thanks!
davidr1132
1/12/19

I cancelled my subscription in August. Checked my credit card statement to make sure I wasn't charged. Then in November they started charging my card. Ripoff.

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi David - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charge. Most likely, your account was not cancelled (only temporarily paused) or you have a second account with us. Please email us at help@scribd.com and we will issue a refund. Thank you!
bellas45
1/12/19

I did a free trial for scribd and forgot about it it has been over a year now and it continued to charge my account. I agree that this is my fault for forgetting but they did not even send me email regarding this subscription after the free trial. If I am paying for this stupid subscriptions the least they can do is send me emails regarding it if not give me my money back!! This isn't right!

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi Bella - I'm very sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. Please email us at help@scribd.com and we will absolutely locate your account and issue a refund. Thank you!
gc140
1/8/19

In my view the service unacceptably misleading. Prior to logging in I
search on the webpage shown to all (members and non members) for a
number of books and find them shown as being available. I then log into
my new account and find the books are not available. Equally, I have
found that some books shown as being available on not immediately
available. When I send an inquiry I receive a response that the book(s)
will be available the following month. I have written to service a
number of times to obtain clarification but the responses are ambiguous
and never really respond to the question raised. Why advertise books that aren't offered when advertised?

Response from Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Hi GC -I'm sorry for your frustration with our unlimited service. If you have any further questions or need help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@scribd.com. Thank you!

Helpful answer -1

Hi Michele, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! Unfortunately, and I'm truly sorry for this, we've received a higher than normal amount of emails recently and have been unable to respond as quickly as we'd like to. We know what a pain it is to have to wait in line, but appreciate your patience and understanding none-the-less! I've responded to your request. Please check ticket #1296757 for further information. Thanks! -Donni, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Pete! We're always happy to help and provide information as to how you signed up. Please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we will be in touch shortly. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

God NO! Read these reviews! They had the audacity to tell me I had "suspicious" credit card activity after my first failed attempt on my debit card, we switched to credit card. We simply needed a screen shot showing that account doesn't let you switch out card. Instead they want you to add another. My whole reason canceling this service is over Scribds suspicious activity with all our debit/credit cards.

By Morgan S.

Hi Katie. Thanks for reaching out. Our support team can assist you by emailing us at help@scribd.com. If you've emailed us already, send us a message here with your ticket number or the email address you wrote in with. Thanks! - Donni, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Scaria! As long as your account is fully canceled, you will not be charged for the subscription. We're always happy to help with canceling your subscription via email at help@scribd.com or support@scribd.com. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support.

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Ruth - Thanks for reaching out to us! I can assure you that your monthly subscription does entitle you to access an unlimited number of books and audiobooks during the subscription period. While we strive to provide the most comprehensive catalog to all of our members, we can't always guarantee the immediate availability of a specific title. I can guarantee you that we will never say "That's it, no more for you!", however the books that you are trying to access are very popular, and because of our agreements with our publishers, we have to adjust the availability when necessary so that our publishers are still benefiting from their partnership with us. For more information, please send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be happy to help!

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Paul! We do not charge per book, so you'd only be billed for the subscription if you do choose to subscribe. Our support team is always happy to help with any questions to may have! Email us at help@scribd.com and we'll be in touch shortly. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi there! As long as you unsubscribe before the end of the free trial, you will not be charged. We're always happy to help with canceling as well! Just send us an email to help@scribd.com and we'll be in touch. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi Simon! You can always unsubscribe from the Order History tab when logged into your account (https://www.scribd.com/account-settings/account/membership). If you are having any trouble, we are always here to help! Just send us an email to help@scribd.com and we will be in touch shortly. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Support

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative

Hi MaryAnn! We send you an email to mamigatz44@aol.com last week asking for a bit more information in order to locate your subscribed account. We definitely want to make sure you get any refunds you are eligible for and that the subscription is canceled. Please reply to the email we sent last week so that we are able to locate your account. Thanks! - Zoë, Scribd Customer Service

By Jerry G., Scribd Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Scribd staff and other customers.

Scribd?