Review of Scentmall.org

Scentmall.org reviews

SITE CLOSED

alib1
11/11/14

I ordered a bottle of Estee Lauder Azuree 18.02.11. About four weeks later, a very battered Jiffy Bag turned up from Bulgaria (strange, as the contact number on the website is a London number!). Inside the Jiffy Bag was an even more battered box containing Chanel Chance 100ml EDP spray (no invoice or note). I contacted the website and eventually received a response, but not actually answering my question about where my original item was and how was I supposed to return the wrong item. After a lot of e-mails to and from them, I have decided that as I will have to pay to return the incorrect item to them in Bulgaria, it is simply not worth the hassle. I did have confirmation from a guy called David Miles (based in the Seychelles) that my postage costs would be refunded, but I simply do not trust them. I opened the box and inside was a VERY VERY POOR FAKE bottle of Chanel Chance - the bottle cap is scratched, the metal band around the bottle is dull and dirty. PLEASE - DO NOT GO NEAR THIS WEBSITE - THEY ARE SELLING VERY POOR FAKE BOTTLES AND CANNOT GET A VERY SIMPLE ORDER RIGHT. I have contacted my credit card company to see about getting my money back from this "company". I have never had to post a review like this before and never hope to again.

sarahjanej
7/24/13

SIMPLY DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY - I TOO HAVE RECEIVED WRONG PERFUME COCO MADEMOISELLE AND THIS IS A FAKE AS CONFIRMED BY A BONA FIDE CHANEL DEALER.

CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER AND CCBILL WHO SHOWS ON YOUR STATEMENT TO GET REFUND AND THEM REPORT THIS TO WHOEVER YOU CAN TO STOP THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE.

roset1
6/28/11

I have been sending this company emails since before Christmas 2010. They sent me the wrong product in a scruffy box. I returned it and they said they never had it, even though Royal Mail have informed me that they did sign for it. This company is a very big SCAM. Do not buy anything from them and report them if you have, people like this are scum and should be stopped from trading.
Rosie

gemmat
6/9/11

I am complaining about a site called Scentmall. Apparently they go with different names like Scentmall.co.uk, Scentmall.net and the one my mom used called Scentmall.org. I really wish we had seen all these bad comments beforehand. My mom ordered from this site in April as she searched on google for an American scent for men called 'Fendi' cause it's really hard to find and we can't get it here. Anyway Scentmall.org came up and she ordered from there, the site looked fine, there were contact details, good reviews, everything seemed legit. She received scents but they were the wrong ones-she got sent Chanel perfumes. She didn't dare open them as she knew she wanted a refund or the correct perfumes sent out straight away. We contacted them (I had to help out as she wasn't sure how to go about everything), we received a reply saying we had to send the scents back with cost to us as they didn't have anyone to collect them or anything like that and that when they received them back we would have a full refund. We sent them back recorded delivery so we knew when they had received the items but on the site it isn't clear whether they have been received or not :-/ we have contacted them SEVERAL times saying how angry and disappointed we were that we had been treated like this and that we wanted our refund back. Several emails we have sent since we sent them back and not one reply!!! My mom got a claims form from the post office and I went to go back onto the site today just to see and there isn't no such site anymore-so it has either been closed down or taken off. Also the last email we sent last week saying we were going to take it further if we didn't hear anything has come back as failure to send-so it looks like they have cancelled their email account aswell. So angry and upset, cause my mom never has any SPARE money so to say even though she works full time, but she was treating herself cause she really likes this perfume and she can never find it. So now all she wants is her refund so just need to decide what step to take next. They are an absolute disgrace and I just want my mom to get her money back! Any extra advice would be great :-)

stephanieg2
5/28/11

Took my money and refuse to give me a refund. However will not even contact me

janea4
5/6/11

Absolutely HORRENDOUS. They need shutting down immediately. Thieves.

jillb4
4/28/11

They charged me twice, sent me the wrong perfume.... when I returned the goods for a refund they claimed they never received them (even though I have proof of delivery). I have sent numerous e-mails requesting a refund and I have been completely ignored. Do not buy from this company, they will completely rip you off!!

deimanter
4/24/11

I bought armani night parfume, paid 28 pounds it never arrived, and they charged another 43 pounds, I don't anderstnad how it is possible, 100% scum

mizaha
4/20/11

this stupid website is a scam....i ordered 2 Ghost deep night by Tanya Sarne. Waited for 3 weeks...goods finally arrived but i got 2 bottles of COCO CHANEL instead...try calling them but can't get through the line. Sent a few e-mails...till now no reply..was 'googling' the address on google and stumble upon many negative reviews...they should be put behind bars for scams!!! And YES the Coco Chanel is fake!!! waiting for refund from my credit card bank

erikas2
4/12/11

I ordered Karl Lagerfeld perfume for a friend, who has not been able to get it in the UK. They sent me something else, and I finally got the purchase price refunded, but have yet to see my £9.46 for postage for the returned goods. This is a huge swindle and I have complained to the European Consumer Centre (08456 04 05 03, ECC@tsi.org.uk) who are very aware of this outfit, but apart from putting pressure on their Bulgarian counterparts in consumer Protection, and showing sympathy, don't seem to be able to enforce anything. There is a rumour that Scentmall will depart to the Seychelles and therefore be outside all jurisdiction.

garyl3
4/1/11

Placed an order for a bottle of perfume estee lauder spellbound 100ml a week later I get a bottle of fake coco chanel mademoiselle, tried e-mailing no answer for a week the website says it will answer all e-mails within 24 hrs. I then send them an e-mail threatening to tell the world of there rip off & they send me an e-mail saying don't contact again or you will go to the back of the queue. So now I have waited another week & no reply.........

williamc8
3/28/11

Placed an order for eau de cologne
Different (wrong) item supplied
Returned on the promise of a refund
It apparently (!) never got to them, so no refund!
I've referred them to the UK ECC
Fingers crossed.
NEVER RISK USING THIS COMPANY

caramelc
3/8/11

A bunch of thieving, robbing b*£@ards! I have had exactly the same experience as the rest of you. Order placed December. Incorrect items sent (surprise!) Duly returned incorrect perfume at their request. had a couple of email responses but no satisfactory conclusion. Today's response (8 Mar 2011) reads (and I have replied that I will be taking legal action): ....

"Unfortunately, redeliveries was not sent with insured mail which is the main reason why we provide cheap shipping.

However, we are able to trace your package with placing a claim with our courier. The following procedure can take up to 3 months. Could you kindly authorize us to start the procedure.

I would like to thank you again for contacting the Client Support department. I hope that I was able to assist you effectively. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us."

This is an absolute scam and we all need to ensure that justice is done and we all get our money (or genuine goods - HA HA!)

patrickm12
3/7/11

stay away from these crooks they sent the wrong perfume and it was FAKE i will get my money back.

patriciac5
3/4/11

Oh! How I wish that I had seen these reviews before I naively placed an order with these unscrupulous people. I have been trying for many years to find Empriente by Courreges and when I checked on Google,,Scentmall was listed as having this fragrance in stock, I was thrilled. The site looks well presented and legitimate. I placed my order on 15th Feb and they took the money on 17th Feb.
I then realised what a fool I had been when I received an invoice from Bulgaria.
I have not had my perfume, and don't expect to either. What horrible people. Lets all stand together to get them removed from the internet, taking people's hard earned money without any sort of conscience. I am blazing mad and determined to get my money back some way.

iaina2
2/26/11

I ordered two bottles of Diorrisimo perfume for a Christmas present on December 6 2010 I received a parcel on December 14 with the wrong perfume. They sent Coco Mademoiselle. Here is the reply I got on December 15.

Dear Iain,

Thank you for choosing Scentmall.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Since it is our mistake for sending you a different and much expensive perfume, we are offering you the following options:

- To keep the item and we will give you £20 voucher in additional.

- To return the item and we will send you the right one.

Yes, we do have Diorissimo in stock.

---
Kind Regards,
Kendra Rose
Customer Support

Given that my fiancee only likes Dior perfume i sent the bottles back via Parcelforce recorded delivery on December 16. The tracking on the parcelforce site said it was passed to the Bulgarian post office. i heard nothing from Scentmall, have received no apology and I am nearly £120 out of pocket.
Eventually, I had to contact Scentmall on February 8 in the vane hope that the perfume would arrive for Valentines Day. I received a reply from the Seychelles saying the perfume was set for re-delivery, but no apology. It is now February 26 and there is still no perfume.
The next time time you see a perfume offer from Scentmall do not touch it .They are a bunch of f***ck**g cheating b*sta*ds who do not desreve to remain in business. I am going to do my utmost to get their website barred from every internet provider in the world. i do not know how to achieve this but I am willing to join any group who can rid the internet of these cheating scum

juneo
2/8/11

i ordered from this site last year and like many of you out there was sent wrong orders and tried desperately to get a refund. After constantly emailing, complaining, and promising not to let this drop i have finally today got my refund!!!!! please do not give up as i thought of doing. the e-mail adress i constantly complained to was o.kostodinov@perfumesbg ibelieve that this is the owner of the company. i have checked my bank and the refund has definately gone in........ it certainly pays to be persistant. Good luck to you all.x

rubyp
1/31/11

they are a scam website that steal good people money. THEY ARE JUST FAKE. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Wished i read the reviews before buying. got the wrong order, their website and e-mail changed since i last contacted them i can't contact them anymore. their phone service doesn't work. what a RUBBISH COMPANY. i am still hopefull that one day i'll receive my order, wishfull thinking. they are THIEVES. Hope they rot in hell for stealing people.

griffithsm
1/27/11

I ordered designer scent for approx £60 and received goods that apperaed to have all the hallmarks of counterfeit perfume. I requested a refund and was asked to return goods by registered mail. despite ensuring me they would refund me I am still in the process of badgering them and they have not responded to any recent emails. I believe I may well and truly have been duped by a website that appears trustworthy!

bithb
1/18/11

Please stay away from this site. I ordered aftershave for Xmas and it didn't arrive until 5th jan. However what I received is far from a genuine product. The package was saturated with the fragrance which the smell gave me a headache. The bottle was dented and scratched and from the top where it leaked there was a crusty blue corrosion. I have informed by visa card and will not give up my claim with them as I am not letting these people get away with this.

keythr
1/7/11

Good looking professional website offering great prices on perfume - or so I thought. Ordered present for my wife in December in plenty of time for Xmas. Got confirmation email and dispatch notification - only then saw that they are based in Bulgaria. My heart sank. Needless to say the perfume did not appear by Christmas. Started chasing and got a Bulgarian tracking number - not usable in the UK. Asked Scentmall top track from their end - no response. Then went on internet and found that I was only one of hundreds / thousands of people who are in the same situation - goods never arrive despite all sorts of promises... It also appear that sometimes they do send a product, but then that turns out to be a cheap fake. These guys are making HUGE amounts of money, relying on the fact that because the purchase is probably around £50 or so that the victims will eventually give up. I intend to keep chasing them - Bank / credit card / Bulgarian embassy / EEC / Trading standards / MP / Bulgarian police complaint etc. I just HATE being ripped off. Which idiots let Bulgaria into the EEC? If you have been ripped off by these scumbags please keep on hassling them! With luck we'll eventually get them shut down...

lesleyt
12/29/10

Purchased some alien perfume but received angel but it is fake.
Have been offered a voucher of £20 but would not buy anything from them again
since reading everybodys reviews i don't think i will get a refund if i send it back either so it looks like i will have to just loose my £39 which makes me mad as this was part of my christmas present of my husband. They should be shut down its not fair that they are allowed to get away with this.

phillipsj
12/20/10

CROOKS

christis
12/20/10

Same thing happened to me, I'm afraid. Looks legitimate -- is even search engine optimised so the first, like 30 links that come up on google are positive reviews. Everything they sent me was wrong, probably faked. Cost me £78 to learn the same lesson everybody else is learning. You can't tell until your purchase is finished that the company is in Bulgaria -- it pretends to be in the UK. Total scam. Painful lesson to learn at Christmas.

jenniferl4
12/19/10

i ordered cologne for my husband almost a month ago, have not recieved the item, the took the $ out of my acct already... then the website changed from .net to .org ..the phone # is phony.. ive emailed them asking for ny tracking # & they gave me one, but the "company" royal mail which is was sent theu, doesnt recognize it.. this website is bulllll$#*!tt!!! never would i order from them again!

Questions? Get answers from the Scentmall.org staff and other customers.

Scentmall.org?