Review of RIU

Tel: 0 800 723 4360
groups@riu.com

borisb25
4/21/16

I was very excited when Ive booked a trip to Bahamas,- RIU Hotel between March 28th 2016 and April 2nd 2016.
As turned around it was a most horrible experience I ever had.
The hotel itself has so-so food and service, but it would be not so bad, because our main purpose was to have some relaxed time at the nice beach.
On the April 2nd (Saturday) getting ready to leave, we realized that the purse with our passports and US $1500 were missing from my wifes bag, which we kept in the locker closet.
Immediately we went to security and wrote a complain report. they told us that it would be not a problem to get home because they contact the airport.
At the airport, of course, we were told that we need to present the passports and handled to us the tickets for Tuesday because we need to go to US Embassy on Monday.
When I called back to Hotel, they informed us that the purse was found in our room, but no money were recovered (it happened within an hour since we placed the complaint) I was told to pay $35.00 for delivery of my wifes purse to the airport, and told me to add that amount to the claim.
Obviously, they were covering up their service worker thief.
Now they refusing to admit the fact of the inside job and calling the incident a loss & found situation.

yelnaa
4/7/15

It is a great resort, very well worth it spent money.
Staff is friendly, food had variety, convenient location

Questions? Get answers from the RIU staff and other customers.

RIU?