Resume Go

Resume Go has a consumer rating of 4.65 stars from 114 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Resume Go most frequently mention cover letter, whole process and professional package. Resume Go ranks 19th among Resume sites.

How would you rate Resume Go?

“They wrote me an AWESOME resume”

Andrew B.
4/13/21

I read about their resume research in an online WSJ article talking about work gaps. I haven't bee on the market for a couple years due to my health problems so thought I'd get professional help to see if they can set me in the right direction. ResumeGo and their writer helped me get my whole career back on track by writing me an amazing resume that addresses all the concerns I have with my own career and its trajectory. 100/100 - definitely well worth the wait

“Minimum effort for a resume”

Sean B.
6/17/21

I was really disappointed with my experience. It took a week after paying and filling out the survey to get a response, the site says three days. It was a 20 minute phone discussion where I spent most of the time explaining key words in my field and what they mean. The two page resume that I provided was pretty much just rehashed into one page and took out all of the what I would consider meat. Completely deleted all of my patents, professional associations, and medical devices that have been approved by the FDA. It consisted of job history and keywords. The job history the writer didn't even pay attention too. I have 15 or so years of experience, but my resume only has the last 11. I explained that to the writer and got back a cover letter that says I only have 11 years of experience. The LinkedIn profile writing was a copy and paste of my cover letter, which was a rehash of my previous job experience verbatim. After 1 month, we are 0/25 on responses. Maybe worth 100$ to rewrite your existing resume into a new style, but nothing was based on any relevant articles I could find on resume writing.

andrewb1468
April 13th, 2021

100/100 - definitely well worth the wait

seanb505
June 17th, 2021

Don't

Products used:
Mid tier with an additional 40$ for a cover letter.

patricks916
June 2nd, 2021

I had a really pleasant time talking with my writer about the ins and outs of my resume and what should be done to improve it. I don't like how their customer support is hard to reach by phone, but besides that, everything else was really solid and I have no real other complaints.

Special thanks to Katherine for working with me throughout this whole process and answering all the questions I had in regards to my resume and LinkedIn.

daveg596
November 11th, 2020

Tier 1 service - I've tried other resume companies before when I was unemployed in 2008 and they were no good compared to ResumeGo - these guys are far better. The writer I worked with knew my industry and has had experience with it before which was great (most people don't know anything about coding)... so that helped a lot I think with being able to produce a quality resume.

sophiak97
October 17th, 2021

I found that the new resume I received was significantly better than my original. However, it was not sensational. My old resume was admittedly pretty bad, so while they made major improvements, I feel like it could still be better. Maybe my standards are unrealistic, but some part of me knows that my current resume can be further improved!

nicholasb506
July 22nd, 2021
Verified purchase

While the initial draft of my resume by Lana at ResumeGo was well-written, it was not what I was going for. I sent several job descriptions of the types of positions I am applying for as requested, but it appears that was ignored as this was not incorporated in the resume. The revision process was not collaborative at all, and while I hoped to receive some guidance, she simply changed a few words here and there exactly as I suggested (even though I asked for her feedback). You are given 14 days and unlimited revisions, but when your writer is MIA for 7 of those days, it makes it difficult. Not to mention, I also paid for a cover letter and LinkedIn profile, and the cover letter is useless and the LinkedIn is an exact copy and paste of the resume. No one at the company seemed to care about my concerns as they are clearly only focused on quantity and profit. Back at square one with my resume.

jacobn97
August 3rd, 2021

Had to try 2 other services before finding one that actually PUT IN THE WORK like they are supposed to.

I would give a 5 star, but because the pay is higher for this service than the industry average, I feel like it's still not the ideal, ideal option.

I ordered the porfessional package + cover letter which totaled around $290. Like I mentioned before, the resume was stellar, and I really appreciated the time spent with my writer discussing it. The cover letter is like this review, a 4 out of 5. I feel like I could have written something like that myself or got close to it.

Best of the 3 services I tried

Professional package + cover letter

kateyl1
December 25th, 2020

ResumeGo's resume scanner is definitely the best one I've come across online. It mimics ATS's which from my research, are used a lot by employers, so this has helped me learn a lot about whether my own resume is compatible with their algorithms.

I also ran across Jobscan's resume scanner and they were both super useful... I highly recommend people looking for jobs to see if their resumes can perform well when faced against applicant trackers by testing their resume on sites like the 2 I've come across.

alisonn66
April 28th, 2021

After a few back and forth emails with my writer and a promise of a rough draft, I've never heard back from the company. I made multiple attempts at messaging my resume writer and the company, and I've never received a reply or even a rough draft of a resume. I am currently having to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Awful.

robertw3189
September 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

Really poor service. The writer got my original resume and messed up dates and gave minimal effort. She then ghosted me for 3 weeks. I asked for the money back per their guarantee and they denied it. Sham service.

Tip for consumers:
Find another company to help you

Professional services

ryana297
December 24th, 2020

My new resume looks great, and while I haven't started applying yet, I will soon - hopefully this will ultimately get me more interviews than I did before.

In terms of ResumeGo and their service, I think they did an awesome job. I have nothing to complain about and the process went along very smoothly. I appreciated how much effort my writer seemed to put with working with me and writing my resume and overall I enjoyed the experience more than I thought I would.

miked1420
September 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

After reading the reviews and trying to enhance my resume for a career growth opportunity I decided to try them. After all, their page boasts of a money back guarantee. I got my resume from them and was completely disappointed. My current role was written in the past tense. They cleaved up duties in past roles to where I didn't even know what it meant. The lumped together duties that did not belong together. The job description I sent them, the one I was going to apply for, meant nothing, as there was no attempt to highlight my relevant skills.

I submitted a refund request letting them know I was not willing to move forward due to the first impression being horrible. I was not going to spend more time telling them how to write a resume and paying rhem to do it. The resume I sent for updating was better than what I received.

After two emails they confirmed I could get a refund, but it would only be half of what was paid. I looked at their website and they offer the "money back guarantee, no questions asked" in multiple places. It is too bad they are not upfront or add an asterisk next to that letting consumers know that it is only 100% refunded if you cancel before getting any draft. After that apparently it is only 50% money back. I believe this is a deceptive practice and will send my issue to the CFPB as well.

Was not worth the time and money for the attempted update towards a professional resume. If you have no resume or this may be your first one, go elsewhere, spend less, and get satisfaction. Resumego overpromised and under delivered.

meshr2
March 25th, 2021

4/5 stars - solid stuff - would have liked more reasoning behind the changes of the writer - final resume was well-written though

bennedictn
March 29th, 2021

The resume and cover letter they wrote me was definitely a huge step up from what I had before. I know different writers have different writing abilities, so I can only really speak about the writer I was given - but she truly did a great job with the resume I sent her in the intake form. I was a little worried at first cause she responded outside the 24 hour window - but afterwards everything was smooth sailing and she provided a lot of other advice for me in regards to my job search.

olaw12
January 9th, 2021

Wow! My writer blew my mind with all her knowledge about putting together a professional resume. I've always written my resume myself and realized now that this just isn't the way to go unless you've done alot of research about the whole hiring process and how resumes are read.

This service is definitely worth it for people who aren't in the know how about how recruiters grade and review resumes. I've learned a lot now about this stuff and have a solid resume to back it all up.

josephc1869
December 3rd, 2020

I ordered the premium package for a resume and was not disappointed. Resume was 2 pages, which matched what they said was optimal in their resume studies. My writer knew my industry (finance), and I felt very comfortable working with her. Process took several days, and I needed 1 revision to get everything to what I wanted. Overall, awesome stuff by Resumego

betha266
July 21st, 2021

Fabulous service - taking 1 star off for a lack of fast turnaround time though because it ended up taking a full week to get everything done.

vincentp165
December 2nd, 2020

I had a quality experience with ResumeGo. There's not much to complain about, but I do wish they offered revisions for more than 14 days.

joeys168
January 7th, 2021

Really really good resume - a few minor mistakes made with my job history so I dock 1 star. I think my writer was really experienced and qualified to write my resume, but could have asked me more questions to make sure there were no inconsistencies on my resume between what I've done and what she thought I did.

seanh373
November 30th, 2020

Bought their executive package seeing how I've worked in managerial positions for the past the decade. Ultimately I think they did a very good job with all my documents, though the thank you letter was slightly a little too generic. I was given the chance to get as many revisions as I wanted and my writer was very cooperative in working with me and going over what can be done to better the job docs we've been working with.

chrisg1098
November 28th, 2020

They didn't live up to the hype I wanted, it was still well-done after my requested revisions but I just expected more from this company.

maysac1
November 4th, 2020

Best service I've ever used... I've tried other companies before to write my resume, but this one is definitely the best yet.

I will say, understand that it takes time for the whole process to finish - around 1 week.

davidm4549
December 10th, 2020

I loved what they did with my accounting resume. Recently got my CPA and looking to get started in this industry after making a career switch. Highly recommend

denzelr1
December 25th, 2020

They offered me two different resumes to choose from when I only paid for one, so basically got a free add-on which is great. In general I found nothing bad worth mentioning. They took longer than I would have expected, but besides that theres no other negatives that come to mind.

jeffreyc612
November 5th, 2020

Great service considering the price - I've used other services that cost twice and even three times as much as what their professional package is at and delivered quality either equal to or worse than what ResumeGo has done.

They have medicore turnaround time but it's made up with an exceptional resume and experienced writer who puts in the time

Questions? Get answers from the Resume Go staff and other customers.

contactt
Contact T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Resume Go?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.7
Have a question about Resume Go?