Review of Republic of Tea

Novato, CA 94949
Tel: 800.298.4832

jeans266
8/16/19

I'm an avid tea drinker, the type of person who has a pantry stocked with tea...I'm forever on the lookout for new teas to try. I recently purchased a sample pack of Downton Abbey Tea from the Republic of Tea; I enjoyed their Mrs. Patmore's Pudding Tea & Downton Abbey Christmas Tea so much that I purchased these teas both for myself and as gifts. I ended up sending them back. To say the least, the product did NOT match the description.

I was extremely disappointed when I made my first cup of Mrs. Patmore's and found that the tea was nothing like the sample I tried. The tea was weak and bitter tasting, and the lovely caramel flavour present in the sample was missing. The Christmas Tea sent to me was also incredibly disappointing. I don't know who thought up this concoction ("sweet-tart cranberries and ruby red hibiscus flowers shine in this vibrant tea that finishes with an airy touch of forest pine"), but I can assure you that it's horrid. This is not the original medley ("mulling spices - featuring cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and other fragrant herbs") I sampled, which was marvelous.

I ended up returning the crappy tea, and I've decided to avoid doing any future business with the Republic of Tea. The quality of their tea is shockingly bad; you could try a sample, like I did, then purchase the full size only to learn that it's nothing at all like the sample. Another reason to avoid the Republic of Tea is because it apparently censors negative reviews of its products. I wrote a negative review of the new Downton Abbey Christmas Tea but it's nowhere to be found on their website. Instead, a search for Downton Abbey Christmas Tea pulls up 29 reviews, all which refer to the old, no-longer-produced medley. I can't help but feel, in light of these practices, that the Republic of Tea is trying to pull the wool over their customers' eyes.

In sum: this vendor is not only unscrupulous; they appear to have TERRIBLE taste in tea.

adelec18
2/15/19

I was told about this Company; it's product (tea) is excellent, and securely packaged---and the tea arrived very quickly, which I appreciated very much.

lindseyl41
1/21/19

I have an entire cabinet in my house dedicated to tea and I blame Republic of Tea for making fantastic tea because I'm constantly buying new flavors. In all honesty, they are absolutely amazing, with quick turnaround and great tea.

jenniferr429
12/12/18

I must say I was intrigue with this site. The teas are awesome and reasonable. I would definitely recommend others to buy here. The shipping is quick and easy.

annm343
5/28/18

Since my very first (and I was hesitant) order from ROT arrived promptly, I have continued to place orders 2 to 3 times a year. No matter how many brands of tea I try, I just can't find any the comes up to the taste and quality of the teas ROT offers. I am especially fond of all their varieties of hibiscus tea (strawberry and coconut hibiscus are fantastic), but I also have quite a large "collection" of their green, black, white, chi's, etc. I do wish their free postage minimum was not so high (approx. $50), but, I order enough at a time to meet their requirements for free shipping. I love the sample boxes they offer as a way to try new teas before ordering entire tins or bulk amounts. The sampler boxes that allow YOU to CHOOSE a custom variety box is an absolutely wonderful gift idea. No matter how often I order, I am still amazed at how quickly my order comes and how delicious their teas are.

allysonk1
12/2/15

I love (good) tea. There is no company with better tea AND great customer service!

Favorites:
Herbal: Ginseng Peppermint, Mate Latte, several of the "Wellness" varieties, some of the Downton Abbey teas, too many to list!

Green: Tea of Inquiry

Black: Darjeeling

Also, as much as I hate paper catalogs, I love theirs, because they come with a sample tea bag! It's a great way to try new varieties.

Questions? Get answers from the Republic of Tea staff and other customers.

Republic of Tea?