Review of RepairsUniverse

Tel: 1.866.925.2350
customerservice@repairsuniverse.com

miltonb19
6/12/17

Do NOT order anything from these thieves! I paid $9.98 extra for USPS First Class Mail because I wanted to receive my order in 1-3 days. Which is the stated delivery time for first class mail. Instead these idiots shipped it via UPS Innovation. Which is slightly faster than pony express. It took 9 days for me to receive my order. I did an online chat to find out why I did not receive the shipping method that I paid for and was told that I had to email customer service. I tried to call their phone number and there was no option to speak to anyone in customer service.
So I emailed them and told me that USPS First Class mail is 7-12 transit days. Which is a complete lie. I use USPS First Class mail regularly and I have never had any problems with transit times. They refused to answer follow up email when I continued to ask for an explanation. I am done with these crooks.

carlosc104
5/17/17

The website is super easy to navigate and placing an order was a breeze. I was amazed at how fast I recieved my order as well and also being able to track my package with pin point accuracy was awesome. High quality product and I will absolutely be ordering again. This is my new go to.

stacys69
5/16/17

very happy with the service very happy with the service very happy with the service very happy with the service

toniw22
5/16/17

Shipped quick. Great product. Great customer service. Highly recommend. Will buy here again for sure

wilmaf5
5/16/17

very happy Fixed tablet Tablet now like new Great company. Very happy. Very happy Very happy Very happy

logana8
10/3/16

I've been a long time customer with these people until this one last experience just did me in. I'm going to go into details so be aware, but these people ripped me for a screen and my money. I sent a defective part back that was tested to be "just fine" and I knew it wasn't because after I shipped the iPhone screen back I went ahead a purchased another display so I could fix the lady's phone while the defective one was going through the return process, and I put the new display in the phone and it worked perfectly. After sending the display back they emailed me with the test results and then I asked them to retest the screen because I knew for a fact that it was faulty and I never heard anything else from the company again. I contacted them back a while later via phone and the "customer service manager" listened to my issue but then placed me on hold for about 10 mins and then came back on the phone and told me that the defective screen was shipped back and then I proceeded to ask him if he could provide proof of shipment and then he beat around the bush with a bunch of bull$#*!. I told him that I never received the screen and they have my money still and he told me that the screen was shipped out and I continued fighting with him over the fact that there is no proof of shipment and I never received an email with information stating that it was shipped or even being sent back. After demanding that I need my money or screen back the manager proceeded to tell me it's to difficult of a process and I just simply stated "I'll make it easy for you, I'll just take my damn business somewhere else" and then hung up the phone.

This manager was a complete douche and did not hold a strong backbone for the companies customer service view point at all. I was never offered my money or Defective display back so I'm out both. And I was basically called a f***** liar in the process.

And this is for you RU:
I'm taking my business to mobile defender where the warranty process is not a pain in the ass and the customer support is 5 starts vs sub zero with you people. And they provide top quality parts vs parts with a 60% defective rate. And to the customer service manager I hope for the sake of the company you learn that your team may have possibly made a mistake vs arguing with a customer about the proof of shipment that never existed. And the fact that the customer may not always be wrong in situations where your team may have just $#*!ed up somewhere in the process.

mobilerepairg
7/29/16

I ordered several parts from repairsuniverse.com. They arrived in a reasonable amount of time and were packaged well for shipping. One of these parts was a screen digitizer for a galaxy tab 3. There was a hairline crack in the ribbon that rendered the digitizer useless. Repairs Universe does have a customer service phone number which informs you to go online or email them. When I tried live chat I was directed to email. When I emailed them, it took 2 week t reach the conclusion of email chains where they requested pictures several different times. The conclusion they reached is that there was no way for them to help. This is a service I will never use again. I repair damaged mobile devices frequently. For a 15 dollar digitizer this company has lost my business.

Tip for consumers: Do not use their service. We all know that it's a gamble ordering parts online. There and automatic 5% change (at least) of getting a dead part. This company has the worst customer service I've dealt with. Their email support is the only support available, and it's very slow. Comcast offers better customer service.

johans34
5/5/16

Received parts promptly but after installing found them to be defective, support was not available. Do not use this company they don't test thier products and will do nothing to make it right.typical of scammers!

peterl117
4/20/16

Supposedly OEM battery for my LG G2 left my phone unable to power up. Immediately upon powering up, phone shuts down with error message about battery overheating.
Closer inspection of the battery sent by Repairs Universe - LG logo covered by black tape, and a smeared ink stamp that may have read "fail". In any event, it did fail. In the worst possible way.

johannad8
4/16/16

I bough some replacement parts for 2 phones and they were delivered quickly and the quality was good. The only complaint was that the advertised discount code didn't work but the prices were pretty low anyway so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I would use them again

michaelk146
3/1/16

They must not have tested the part. It came with burnt out pixels. Tried to get a new part and was told I'd have to buy a new part and remove old part in which I was told very difficult to remove without damaging. If it is damaged it voids warranty. Could have been voided if they test their crap.

terryg42
2/18/16

Tried to cancel the order less then 24 hours after ordering it and they said they couldn't which I should of just denied it on the credit card. Then get the LCD installed it and it didn't work thousands of specs on the screen. Tried to remove the end where I started to install it and didn't re heat it (never though the end was that attached) and cracked it. I'm out 150.00 good luck to ever else purchases them. Buying one local now!

Tip for consumers: Do do it!

tk30
12/12/15

The products are good. My 2 star review is solely based on customer service while trying to resolve an issue. I ordered supplies for a project and paid the extra for the 3 day priority shipping to have it here and get the repair done. The shipping got held up and it took 7 days to get the package I paid extra to have in 3 days. I understand it's not the companies fault but through numerous emails asking only to have the difference in shipping refunded, I even offered to accept the difference as store credit knowing I'd make more purchases from them, I was told that because the post office won't refund them the money they will not refund me the money. So they charged my credit card for priority shipping and then refused to make it right through refund or store credit for a shipping service they offered on their site. The products are good but this customer service has left me buying from a new supplier from now on.

edwardc50
10/7/15

I was looking for a replacement headphone port for my 5th gen iPod video. So I found RepairsUniverse online and purchased, what they called a replacement port for the 5th gen iPod video. Shipping was quick, price was right, item received was clearly used, the ribbon was kinked, and based on the shape of the port itself, not originally even from a 5th gen iPod video. I did not notice the slope of the port housing until after having installed the item, expecting to have been sent the correct item. Upon installing the replacement part my Ipod would only play stereo if I left the headphone jack half out of the port. I test 4 different headphones with the same results. Upon contacting RepairsUniverse to ask for an exchange part, I was informed that I could either 1. Buy another replacement and send back the original at which point they would decide if I would be getting a refund on the original part. Or 2. ship back the defective part, at my cost, and again wait for them to decide if they would be sending another replacement. RepairsUniverse, what a joke. So they send out a non-original, used and defective part and then want you to buy another part and maybe you will get refunded the original purchase. NO Thanks. I am not spending anymore money with them. Beware the quality of the parts and their return policy.

bradj19
9/30/15

I bought the iphone 5c replacement screen to repair my child's broken screen. I opted for the more expensive assembly that included the home button, microphone, speaker, etc..., so I would not have to disassemble parts from the old screen. The screen arrived in good shape, and I installed it. After installing the screen, Siri could not hear me, the recorder would not work, and no one could hear me on facetime.

I called the number for tech support a couple of times, and nobody was ever available, but I was directed to the "live chat" to get help. Nobody was ever available there either, and I was directed to leave a text message and someone would get to me immediately.

Well, I got confirmation my message had been received, but nobody ever called. After nearly a week I got another confirmation e-mail basically telling me they had received my message and someone would get back to me immediately. Nearly 2 weeks later and nobody has called me. I ended up taking the microphone/speaker/camera off of the old screen and swapping it out with the "new" screens gear. It worked.

Customer Service and Tech Service appear Useless with this company. Expect to receive your part, but if there are issues, don't count on them to help...

brandong18
9/28/15

"I ordered a replacement screen. What I received was a "new" screen that had one of the mounting tabs broken off. They didn't want to even give me an RA, saying I should pursue the shipper for damaged parts. After numerous phone calls I was finally able to communicate to someone that there was no evidence the item was damaged in shipping. The tab was broken off (it's super tiny) but the packaging was fine (which means it was placed in the packaging broken). Sent it back. They claim they never received it. My bad for losing the tracking info. Their bad for sending a bad part and not replacing it. Bottom line is they have the screen I purchased and paid to send back to them. WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS SELLER AGAIN!"

emilyf6
8/25/15

The only reason this place gets one star is because one is necessary to write a review.
Stay far from this lousy excuse for a business. I paid $100 for a new phone screen so I could fix my phone. What I actually received was another damaged screen! It literally looked like all they did was ship me someone else's broken screen they had sent in for repair!
After letting them know, they tried to blame UPS and had me send pics of the packaging I received it in. It WAS NOT UPS! The package it came in did not have so much as a fold or crumple; it was flawless.
They then had me send the screen back to them for "investigation" and about 2 weeks later wrote me to tell me that they saw chipped paint near the camera, thereby making it non refundable. What a joke!!
Horrible business and waste of over $100!

williamj54
7/24/15

You can buy parts from here, but don't let them repair your device. This is because if something goes wrong with the repair, they won't refund you even for the part that they used.

In my case I send over my phone because I drop my phone and screen broke. So, then they return the phone back to me and there was two issues: 1-the screen was not properly glue down. 2-there was a dead zone in the screen. So this tells me that they did not check my device properly before it left. So I decided to just return the screen and get a refund.
Once I return the device, they told me they check the screen and it works and so they can not refund me any money.
Then they want me to pay the shipping cost to return the screen back to me.
So clearly there is something going on with the phone.
Now I just lost $70 for them not to fix my phone and I have to keep another $70 screen even though it did not fix my issue on the phone. So am down $140 right now.

In conclusion, this company only want to take your money, but if they screw up they will not refund you at all.

taylorc27
12/1/14

EDIT!

Now, due to a change of management the customer service is a lot better and I'm getting the screen I deserve. 5/5 Stars!

Tip for consumers: Buy at your own risk. If they send you a good part then all is good. Else, you just got screwed out of your money.

shawnas8
8/23/14

LOVE these guys. Saved myself over $200. Highly recommend.

Tip for consumers: Follow the videos

kylad
8/23/14

Awesome!!! I am not tech savvy. I contacted them on live chat...VERY helpful!!! Received my screen in a couple days. Followed the video to do the install. Saved myself $200. Cant beat that. HIGHLY recommend.

Tip for consumers: If you are not sure do live chat and get the right part. Follow the video!!!!!!

davidp90
5/26/14

I ordered a new screen for my iphone 5c. I paid extra for two day shipping, a week later a get a phone call from a very rudy and unpleasant girl who told me that my order wasn't shipped yet. This is the THIRD time this has happened and I will never order from this site again!

pisto
5/22/14

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHEN BUYING LCD SCREENS FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOUR PURCHASE PRICE WHEN THEY SHIP YOU THE WRONG PRODUCT.

terryb51
5/5/14

Just got off of live chat and had a great time with the tech! I just wanted to see if I was ordering the right part for my HTC 1. He gave me great advice, too! So, I made the order and can't wait to get it! If all goes as smoothly as the chat did, I will have it made! Their site if full information as well. I plan on using the resources they provide, like the chat and the youtube videos. I cannot wait to try this myself! I am confident, though, thanks to the tech! Perhaps I will let you know how it went. Wish me luck!

kennyr8
5/2/14

I don't like to brag, but I saved money AND got my phone fixed at the same time!
RepairsUniverse.com was easy to find online so I got on live chat and got hooked up with a technician who became like my guru. Whatever he said I got it! When we finally decided that I just needed a touch screen digitizer for my iPhone 4, I ordered it right there on my computer! Fast and easy. Few days later I get my items and tools I purchased. Now I need help! Immediately went to RepairsUniverse.com and got a live tech on the phone. He told me about the videos on youtube and gave me some personal tips. My phone is all good now and I saved a few hundred bux. All I know is this site took good care of me and they will you, too!

Questions? Get answers from the RepairsUniverse staff and other customers.

1 Photo for RepairsUniverse