Review of RentToOwn

Tel: 415.400.5483
customerservice@renttoown.org

mochaj
9/4/19
I could tell it was a scam from the jump. Didnt give them any real information other than my email. I will be telling everyone this site is a scam. Quick question..... Hows this site still up and running?!
jackz31
7/11/19
My wife asked me about this site since a guy from craigslist sent this link to her.
This website will ask for your phone number, once you input your number, the next day you will starting receive scam calls (most of them are indiana guys).
Also the next step they are asking for credit card... do not input anything!
sabrinar45
4/27/19
The playstation 4 I purchased, which was in their records, had no serial number attached to the product and I was accused of removing it. It made it impossible to resell when it was no longer needed, as i also purchased a smart TV from them, also in their records, among many other things. Why on Earth would i remove it for resale after paying the obscene amount I paid for all items. The idea that I would pay so much for one makes it hard to believe I'd steal on for extra cash. All purchases made were paid in full every month. This should at the very least speak to my character. The playstation was rarely used and not moved but for cleaning since the day I started paying for it. The only reason to remove a serial number is so it cant be tracked as stolen property. As I was not the one who would do it the reasonable conclusion was rent to own, in hillsboro ohio.
lauaj
4/22/19
House listing no pics and location a bit odd. I was suspicious from the start but called. Got a recording didn't leave a message. Within minutes I got a text. When I confronted them about my concerns and asked questions they said sorry to bother you and went silent !
katherinek91
4/5/19
My son signed up thinking they could really help him.
They helped themselves---to his money! Try talking to them on the phone-
All you get is the run around.
We are now helping him pay bills until he can get back on his feet.
This company needs to be shut down! Pronto!
erickw12
3/14/19
This company pop out in my email. With a picture of a beautiful 3 bedroom, 3 bath home for $395 a month. Rent Hawthorne, Ca starts at $1700 for a two bedroom apartment. Like mama say if something is too good to be true, Walk away. I clicked on that email anyway. Because i am so desperate to get out of the apartment life, I hate it. Then the send us you contact info pop up. I then pumped my breaks and google rentoown. The thing that popped up was sitejabber.com. Omg, I have never seen so many one star on any company. The only 5 stars was another near miss like me lol. 100% of the people who signed up got ripped off. How do these scammers stay in business. Oh yeah, There is a sucker born every minute. Thank you very much sitejabber.com and the reviewers. Y'all have have saved me valuable time and money. I am not going to make it a habbit to google anybody or company I'm about to do business with.
samuelb150
2/28/19
I set up an account with is company & when I seen they didn't have anything in my area, I cancelled my account only to be charged again at the full rate. I phoned and requested a refund that never happen & after 3 months of calling 2-3 times a week & getting apologies & promises to refund my card. I gave up & had to shut down my card.

You'll never get someone that can actually help you. All you'll ever get when you call in is someone at home with kids running around in the background playing while a rep pays no attention to what your issues might be & tell you that you'll get a call back that will never happen or your refund will happen in 3 days & you guessed it. That will never happen either.

Tip for consumers: Never ever use this site. If you’re on it now reading this turn back now & never look back

tthomk
12/17/18
Don't do it. It's a bait and switch scam. Rto gets paid to transfer calls to a credit repair agency. They don't own or rent anything. It's a telemarketing agency, and they treat their employees like $#*!. I used to work in their call center. Even their employee recruiting is bait and switch.
jaimes77
12/13/18
You can use Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Homesnap, or just get a realtor all for free. This was a waste of my hard earned money and time. If you are looking for foreclosures or REOs knock yourself out, but even with that just use other free home buying sites.
carolk204
11/27/18
Checked box regarding service dogs. All the questions were regarding mental health.
I have a mobility dog for MS.
If you check no on all the question re: mental health, they say you do not qualify. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT!!!!???
alvaroc14
10/30/18
These sons of $#*!es are scam do not sign with Lexynton law they are scam and they will be taking their money 100 dollars month son unos hijos de su reputa madre no usen este citio es falso y solo quieren que firmen con una compani que segun estos pendejos te ayuda a reparar tu credito jamas les den su tarjeta de credito por que lo mas seguro es que les quitaran 100 dollares mensuales hijos de mil putas
lindam870
8/27/18
While the agents were friendly, I asked if this comment required money up front and the first agent said no! I know my credit score is good yet I was transferred to another agent, even though I informed the first one of this. She was friendly, yet when she began discussing my need for an improved credit score I immediately called her bluff! I told her I knew my credit was good and asked her if her part in this required money! She paused and untold her I knew this was a scam and would not waste my time or hers! Shame in these people taking advantage of those who so desperately need help!
roec9
8/18/18
I was so close to purchasing the list for "rent to own" n then I remembered how sitejabber helped me in the past on other potential scam websites. Wow - Thank God I looked it up. Because of all ur reviews I blocked Rent to Own sites. Again Thank You Sitejabber for saving me from another scam. Thank you...Thank you...Thank You !!!!
nashayc
7/26/18
I was surfing the web and came across "renttoown" I put my contact info in to request more information, with in 5min I received a call from the company, and then another 10 minutes later, then another and so on. The next day I finally answered and asked "what type of company is this, this is harassment and its totally unacceptable. Please take me off your list. Thank you"..then he got upset ....I hung up on him of course and blocked the number. ITS A SCAM.
rhondac84
7/7/18
I am coming out of chapter 13 and no one will rent to me. I tried rentoown and signed up with Lexington law and paid 149 . Of course they didn't and couldn't help me because I have no credit. I was never sent a link to available homes and felt that the only reason or purpose was to sign up with Lexington law. I canceled mt Lexington agreement and will try other avenues. Don't sign up with Lexington. This is a scam
tomt215
6/14/18
Rentown.net list homes that ARE NOT for rent. People sign up and they cannot cancel. The homes listed were lifted off of MLS and are not for rent.
SCAM
crystalj61
6/14/18
I never used the site was charged 49.95 when ask can I unsubscribe and get my money back on my card they said no they don't give your money back a total $#*!ing scam I recommend no one to use rent to own is a rip-off...........
dotc7
5/29/18
this company is very misleading and is no help whatsoever . don't waste your time and money. The site does not give you an accurate description of what is actually available in the area you are looking for.
ahc1
7/15/17
I'm an older man on SSI with one negative on my FICO and a score just over 700. Banin Rostislav wanted to sign me up with a credit repair company. Uhhhh...nyet. So he just hung up.

Here's what I don't get about all those who were charged, sometimes more than once...why did you not call the issuer of your credit cards to reverse the charges? Yes, they'll investigate...just steer them to this site! The benefit to using a credit card is you have recourse in cases of fraud...which is this company's only mission.
robt155
12/29/16
I had an agreement to purchase a used 55" LG smart TV. The Sales Assoc. (Michael) arranged for me ,after speaking with his manager (Jeremy) to rent the TV until 1/3/17 at which time I was going to make a substantial payment calculated on paying the TV off in full in 90 days. I called and spoke with Jeremy today and informed me that I could not pay on the TV and would have a month in advance. This isn't what we agreed to. I am cancelling the purchase. Please remove from all solicitations. Thank you.
Neal Thompson
Russell, KY
*******039
angelap53
10/8/16
I gave this company a shot and I emailed or contacted close to 80 homes but did not receive one call back. I received a billion phone calls from recruiters even up to 10pm but not one lead panned out on any of the properties. I was so unhappy with the service I could scream.
gabrielaa9
10/8/16
I get harassing calls all day long and irritating voicemails from "Jessica." I finally called them to tell them quit calling and the people who work there can barely speak English. They said they took me of the list but next morning I received a call again so I answered to a man just breathing on the phone. I told him I was supposed to be off the list and to stop calling me and he hung up on me. I called again he a woman answered I told her the situation and then she hung up on me. I called again asking for a supervisor and conveniently the supervisor had not shown up for work yet. I wasn't going anywhere until I spoke with one. Finally they grabbed someone who claimed to be a supervisor and I started raising hell about the harassment calls and not calling me again and he also hung up on me. I called again and a woman answered, she now said supervisor was in a meeting from literally 1 min from last speaking with him. I told her I want to speak with the supervisor and finally a woman picked up who claimed to be a supervisor. I explained it again and how last "supervisor" hung up on me and she left me having on hold without a word while I was speaking. Another woman picked up and also claimed to be a supervisor. I explained everything AGAIN and she said she was sorry and she'll take care of it. If I get another call from this place I will hit the roof. Any suggestions of what I should do if they call again? By the way, they are scam artists, they should be investigated and arrested for fraud, harassment and more.
sunshined5
9/24/16
LIKE EVERYONE SAYS ABOUT THIS PLACE....I inadvertently got myself involved doing web searches looking to rent a home.
The pictures they show on the opening page, are NOT what you will find on the website. Also, they will use multiple identical pictures of the same place for different listings.
There is no way to actually connect or get in contact with the seller/renter (because there is NONE), to the home you see listed, or that interests you. That part doesn't exist.
So, when you cancel prior to the seven days, so you won't be billed $29.95 a month (and SAVE EVERYTHING that you gave them, you will need it..)? THAT is when the calls begin mercilessly. All hours of the day, night and weekends. It's unbelievable. ALSO, you will then begin getting endless other marketing calls e-mails, etc.. Therein, lies what IS EXACTLY all that they are. A predatory, opportunistic, bordering illegal, completely unethical, and shady, deceitfully, horrible telemarketing scam. All that they do is steal your info, in that you give it to
them under the false pretense that they pretend to be.
They harass you, steal from you if they keep billing, or worse yet, convince you that for more money you will get access to more "access." They provide NOTHING to you, but sell your info to other equally insidiously horrible websites. This is THE SOLE POINT & REVENUE of their business, getting that $29.95, your info, and selling it to other predatory marketers', lenders, con-artists. That's it. There's no service they provide. From a cell, you can block them, but on a land line you can't just block them.
Like everyone says.... THESE PEOPLE ARE PREDATORS, CON ARTISTS, AND OPPORTUNISTS WHO PREY UPON THE MOST VULNERABLE OF THE POPULATION. Those who have less than stellar credit, those of a lower income.... And, yet, of whom share the same hopes and dreams of being able to provide a better place to home for their kids and families as any other person. I have never written a review before... But, this place? DONT DO IT. I may have been foolish to use this site, but not ignorant, nor ill-informed of the law. These people violate ethics, laws, and standards. I hope that they get shut down before they do more harm.
Fortunately, my situation is unique, in that I do have one resource, and I hope the read this before they call me back for the ten millionth time... EVERY phone call is saved... So, I have a record of how many times they bug me, all the lies they said, and of the verification TWICE that I did to make sure they don't bill me that $29.95, (or more!), and I will press charges if they do. :-)
If this doesn't convince you to not click on that web site, nothing will, and I assure you, THERES nothing to see, just a bunch of recycled pictures, telling you about the same affordable housing in your area, that every other web site is telling you, for free.
THERE IS NO "Rent To Own," gorgeous, palatial palace that you see on their opening page for "All Credit Problems Accepted," FOR ONLY $399.95!!!!! :-) It does not exist.
Stay humble, work hard, fix that darn credit problem from your college days that haunts you still, and someday we WILL get the home of our dreams. But, not from RentToOwn.com, and not this way.
Finally, if you still feel compelled to foolishly follow through and click that "Sign Me UP," button, at least, do it with a prepaid gift card... that way they don't have your real info! :-) And, then, curiosity satisfied, leave your review.. The same 'Ol thing!
P.S. I hope that the FBI & FTC that review "website review fraud" that are false (see fine print listing below this box), ALSO work just as hard advocate, investigate, and fine $350,000.00 to companies like this that defraud the vulnerabilities of people using sites like these. I hope they use it to refund back the money of those this company defrauded, put the predatory companies, of this company and the many like them, and certainly the many that will relentlessly be calling you when your info is sold by RentToOwn.com out of business FOREVER!
jamesf176
8/11/16
This place is a scam. Don't get involved. I didn't sign up for a 7 day trail. THey automatically sign you up, and then want to charge you 49.50 a month. A scam. STAY AWAY.
nelsonr17
6/26/16
I WANT TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION NOW
YOU GUYS ARE NOT WHAT I EXPECTED

Company is a complete scam. Cancel your credit card and cut your losses

By Tom T.

Lexington Law is not a scam. I'm surprised their marketing includes these kind of sites to get leads, but their services DO work. There is a technical process for removing things off of you credit reports that includes validating, verifying, disputing, and requesting removal. Lexington walks you through this and uses the existing laws and their strategies that DO get these things off. Can you do it yourself? Sure. But they do a good job of using the web to manage the progress of things being removed as they are disputed.Many creditors don't want the hassle you are putting them through with Lexington and will just remove the items,especially as dates and deadlines continue to come at them. Referring people looking for RTO homes to their firm is shady, in my opinion, but the service they provide is legit. I recommend them for people who have never written disputes to both the credit reporting agencies and the creditors at the same time.Their value is at its best when you use it for 6 months (or 12 months in some cases). Things WILL be removed and your score will go up as they really use the law in a tedious and meticulous manner to your benefit. Hope that helps.

By Anthony J.

Don't know of a website for rent to own that isn't a scam. I would suggest going through a realtor. They can often help. This particular website continues to charge $70-$80 month without authorization or any type of service. The only way to stop is tell your bank to stop payment, or close your card account and get another. We contacted owner of this site and he was not cooperative. We were willing to pay for service if there was such a thing.

By Tamara M.

Questions? Get answers from the RentToOwn staff and other customers.

1 Photo for RentToOwn