Review of RentalCars.com

Tel: 1465368706297
peterrooney@rentalcars.com

hk45
1/10/18

Rentalcars is a shady company,misrepresenting / misadvertising their prices.
It should be taken to court in class action.
Do not use their "services".

daveh151
1/10/18

I had the misfortune to use Rentalcars.com. Due to a medical issue I had to return the car early to Avis in Canberra Aust. Avis noted the return on medical and cautiously advised me about rental cars. They weren't wrong. 7 emails 4 very long phone calls to get total runaround. As far as I am concerned it appears that this companies business plan is to screw its customers any way they can.repeat DO NOT use this company. Very disgruntled ex customer.

paulm384
1/8/18
• Updated review

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER!!!
NEVER REFUNDED ~ KEPT MY MONEY!!!
DO NOT TRUST...CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
EVIL COMPANY!!!

“TOTAL FRAUD DO NOT USE!!!”
2/27/17
• Previous review

These crooks took my payment & then advised a £550 deposit was required upon collection for one days hire! I immediately cancelled & they kept my payment in full as charges! I shall report them tomorrow to Trading Standards & Daily Mail finance pages. Scary but I see that these B::st""rds are part of a group including Booking dot com who I trust completely? DO NOT USE

rafals8
1/5/18

VERY CAREFUL with #GOLDCAR .. December 25th 2017 I have rented a car at the Malaga airport. Contract 12991762. I paid the "super coverage" when I picked up the car, they charged me 115.15 euros as a deposit for the gasoline. !!!!!!!!! I have been informed that if I return the car with a full deposit, they will return the whole deposit. I have returned the car with full deposit day December 28. I have asked to review it with worker of GOLDCAR.he marked on the reservation sheet that I have returned full deposit. Goldcar has returned only 68 euros of over 115!!!what happened with my 47 euros . how to call it!?! you will say .. IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN CHEETED BY THIS COMPANY. the same happened to us in fuerteventura, but then it was his word against ours, so this time I asked the gentleman of the GOLDCAR office to review it with me. never again GOLDCAR !!!! BE REALLY CAREFULL WITH GOLDCAR !!!

billh180
12/26/17

My daughter booked a car on this site and everything she clicked reversed when the confirmation cam through and at a lot mote money so be careful.

In fairness after phoning and some argument on the phone they gave a full refund to my daughter but tried to charge her 50 euros cancelation charge, but eventually dropped this as well.

I cant say whether the way they build their prices is fair and reasonable or not but my daughter is very on live savvy so I would say be careful thats all.

But they did do a refund so I cannot criticise this at all.

xavierb38
12/22/17

Booked a car on the website, when we landed in our destination, we got to the dealership who told us :
When you pick the car up, youll pay for the fuel in the tank (at the average national [ it was an island...guess the price/L] price). Youll get a refund for any fuel you dont use.
How you ask? They look at the arrow and "judge" of the quantity left...
SCAM !
Don't even bother with their CS team, just as bad.
Did not take the car, now fighting off a refund...

johnm1249
12/19/17

Just had an awful experience with this company and when I complained they have the gall to say that the prices they give is nothing to do with them and is subject to change. They obviously have this complaint all the time as I had an almost instantaneous response with all the small print highlighted. Will never use this company again and will let every single person I know not to use them. Awful and terrible. 1 star is too much.

javierr22
12/13/17

It said no cancellation fee and we were charged 65$May I ask why?Poor customer service too.Trying to get in contact with them is very hard.

sharonj86
12/8/17

They are dishonest and a complete rip off. They deceive you into thinking the rental is one price and than they charge you four times more than the original agreement. They know you are vulnerable so they take advantage and defraud you. There need to be some government entity to police this lying company.

carlosp62
12/7/17

WORST SERVICE EVER.
I've booked a car for my parents who came from Venezuela with the Booking number: 558085533 and when they arrived at the airport there was no shuttle bus to pick them up, also they tried to charge almost $200 just for insurance even when I told them that they have coverage on my Texas full cover insurance. the worst experience ever!

kristianb6
12/5/17

Will rip you off or fail to highlight important details buried in a policy anyway they can. Use any other company. The rental car dealers dont have any control over your booking if there is an issue

lilyw34
12/4/17

When I dealt with their agent on the phone and online, I was assured that the amount I paid covered all insurance and all extras. I need not pay anything else at the airport, they categorically stated. When I arrived at Napoli Airport, Budget demanded 700 euros more for more insurance. No choice but to pay. No further replies to my emails to RentalCars. Avoid this company like the plague!

meniosp
12/4/17

I had booked a car for three days (paid 110 euros), at caldera (caldera.com.gr) agent in Athens, Greece. After two hours waiting in the queue because the owner didn't have the cars on site (he was bringing the cars himself from all over around Athens), we were informed that they couldn't give as the car because they needed a credit card to hold 900 euros for guarantee. We offered to pay cash instead but they rejected!

I emailed rentalcars and they responded that they wouldn't cancel the order, since I had to notify them 3 days before the pickup date! What's the point? If I knew I wouldn't get the car I wouldn't have booked it at the first place.

Finally rentalcars paid the owner with my money, I got no car, and no refund!

emilyp82
12/1/17

Wow absolutely horrible customer service! The customer service representative was very rude and dismissive of everything I had to say. He kept cutting me off and his tone was very abrasive. This is the last time I will be purchasing a rental car through this website.

danielk131
11/26/17

Returned the car in Lisbon a day earlier from a company Guerin (shocking service and attitude, charged me over 50 for a 1/3 of the tank and that is their policy copied from their website.

Unfortunately we cant refund you for any part of your hire that you dont use.

This is because we will have committed to the whole booking on your behalf, and the car hire company will have been expecting the car to be used for the whole period. They will have planned their cars and parking needs around the original booking.

Please rent from a reputable known company, although it may be 10% more expensive at first you will pay much less in the end.

I will NEVER hire again through rental cars scamm

adrianp39
11/25/17

I placed a booking of a car to drive from Auckland to Wellington for my trip in Feb/Mar 2018. During my booking, I had to pay a deposit and wanted to pay the full amount but had trouble paying for it because of some issues on their side. After a long and tiring webchat with their inefficient customer service, it was finally settled.

When I was checking my rental voucher, I cannot find any inclusion of GPS rental even though I remembered renting it. When I contacted them through the chat, the Customer service (by the name of Hristo) said it is not included. He then proceeded to quote 69 NZD for rental when I checked and found that it should be 60 NZD for 6 days rental. After looking through the webpage with my rental (not the voucher) I saw at the bottom of it that it does have a GPS included.

When I proceeded to question him, he apologized and said the system was not updated. What!!??? You are an online booking system and it is NOT updated?!

This is a scam folks! DO NOT RENT THROUGH THEM!!

I won't

yaroslavk5
11/21/17
• Updated review

So in addition to my previous review about Rentalcars.com
I have decided to return my money so I went further.
1. I have written to my bank the request for returning money, my question will be treated 1 to 3 month
2. I have written to the Car rental company "Rent a car global" and asked for help with my problem, no response
3. I have written to Customer protection center in UK, my request was rejected due to I'm not a citizen of UK
4. I have written to the Europian customer protection service, my request was also rejected due to mentioned reason
5. I have spent time on correspondence with Rantalcars.com, the company insist on the rules in the Car rental terms, but when I mentioned about "Consumer Rights Act 2015" they just stop to communicate with me. Of course, it's a UK customer rights, not Ukrainian customers. Thus finally one hope for my bank.
Thank all who read my review.
Have a good deal with a good broker.

“Be careful, scammers!”
11/2/17
• Previous review

I have booked through Rentalcars.com the car in Germany, Frankfurt. But in fact, they didn't allow me to pick up a car, my Credit card wasn't meet company rules. It has to have the name of credit card holder and "credit" instead of "debit" status. But the money that was debited from my card the Rentalcars refused to return. So please be careful when dealing with Rentalcars, read please all rules carefully before booking a car through this dealer.

alexb255
11/18/17

My opinion about Rentalcars and America Car Rental.
Number of reservation: 341919963.
On an unfortunate day for me, on my trip to Mexico, I decided to use the

services of the intermediary Rentalcars and the rental company America Car

Rental. I went for 14 days.
At first glance, everything looked good enough:
0. Car - VW Jetta.
1. Car rental price US $ 301.89 Prepayment has been made
2. Insurance under the program Full protection US $ 150.45 Prepayment has

been made.
I decided not just to rent a car (VW Jetta), but also bought full insurance

from Rentalcars, having examined it more closely, I saw that it covers a

large number of risks, including damage to third parties and their

property. I envisaged everything, as I thought then.
When I arrived at Cancun airport, near the exit, I saw a man with a sign of

America Car Rental. Me and 2 more travelers were taken to America Car

Rental office. Strange things began to happen, I was shown a certain price,

judging by which I could not rent a car without paying an additional

insurance of $ 300 (!!!). The mexican said that by law they can not give me

a car if I do not buy it, so I would lose money that has already paid for

the rent - 450 dollars. When I showed the already paid insurance from

Rentalcars, he began to assert that the insurance from Rentalcars does not

cover damage to third parties, although it was clearly indicated there.

Judging from the confused faces of people nearby, everyone somehow

encountered this. If this is not real fraud, then what is it ? The rental

price has increased almost 2 times !
In addition, I was kept on the card 800 dollars in bail for the car, it's

been 4 days and they have not been returned yet ...

The funny thing is that there was no sense in booking the car, because VW

Jetta, who should have expected me, was not there. There was another model

with a manual transmission. In the end, after another half hour, I was

given another car - a strongly worn white Passat.

I intend to distribute this story on the maximum amount of Internet

resources. If these two fraudsters lose at least one client, I will feel

relieved that the world has made a little bit better.

Gentlemens and ladies, do not use the services of these people if you do

not want to make your vacation worse and more expensive.

novakm1
11/8/17

damaged cars, dirty cars, extra costs etc...

firatp
11/7/17

A company which build to hide terms and conditions as much as they can but when anything happens bad with your rent they just say "Terms and conditions" like a parrot. No one is taking any initiative. It is almost a scam organization which you cannot find any point of contact if you require an explanation. I did not get the car also not refund. I cannot understand how companies like these are still working. I made a mistake to use them but strongly recommend no one to use any service from them. I will continue to look for website to rate and inform people about how they work. Disappointment !!!

zeinas1
11/6/17

It is so easy for them to steal your money. I wouldn't use them. They deal with dodgy companies who are very rude and give you the wrong information and Rentalcars.com do not back you up. All one big scam.

edmondd13
11/3/17

When I wanted to extend the lease of a car in Sicily, they told me I had to return the car and do a new rental. I was at the other end of Sicily. Bureaucratic incompetent idiots, with total disregard for the customer needs.

georgeb233
10/31/17

A travel agent booked a car for me from RentalCars.com as part of a holiday and I wasn't able to collect the car through ill health. But Rental Cars charged my credit card for the whole 16 days rental even though I didn't take a car out. Then when I disputed it with the credit card company, Rental Cars told outright lies to the c/c company saying I took a car out on a certain date and returned it on a certain date. The c/c company took the word of Rental Cars even though they haven't got my signature and there is nothing I can do.

fongchingc
10/27/17

I don't know why so many people here say bad things about this company, I had a great experience with them, and their ratings are also pretty high on other websites. Anyway, I booked my rental car in Iceland through their website, everything went smoothly regarding the reservation and pick-up. I also bought the full protection insurance from them, which helps cover the deductible in case there are damages to the car. Luckily I did that! Because I did get some scratches on the car, and the repair cost was close to 1000USD. I filed the claim and supporting documents to rentalcars.com via their website, and they reimbursed me the entire amount within two weeks! Honest and efficient company!

charlesb201
10/19/17

Paid almost $700CAN up front for 16 day medium car from Hertz in Glasgow. Presented with strongly recommended estimate for 1,031 GBP in insurance (for 16 days). Not knowing exactly what my coverage was through the credit card, and with two tired kids in tow after transatlantic, I declined, and took a substitute car (2 hr wait), returning it in 24 hrs and cancelled the remainder of the rental period. "Customer service" said they couldn't process a claim for a refund until after the rental period had expired. Their website also locks any ability to cancel online until rental period over. Back in Canada, I did claim a refund and was told, not possible, Hertz wouldn't give them the money back. Lots of hassle, multiple emails and phone calls. No help whatsoever. Finally got a full refund from the credit card company (no questions asked). Will never use again (nor Hertz) and recommend you don't either.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Took their bait of "Free Cancellation" and made a reservation then found that the coverage they were including for Iceland was bare bones. Found that for the same cost other rental car companies in Iceland include CDW so cancelled my reservation to get an email back that my deposit had been 'forfeited'. So beware "Free cancellation" is a bait and forfeiture will be the switch if you cancel. If you don't cancel your cost for CDW could double your cost. Then you can also imagine the CDW that a sneaky and scammy outfit would provide you. To carry your own CDW for any car rental I recommend the coverage provided by Allianz. I found them under my AAA membership. Go to aaa.com then look under Travel > Travel & Trip Insurance. Currently the per day cost for 40K USD covergae is $9.

By A M.

I totally agree and I also mentioned the same in my review but the 1 thing I always wonder that when you search for the rental cars, this company appeared with 4 star ratings. It seemed that this company is so CROOKED THAT THEY EVEN TEMPERED THE RATINGS AS WELL.

By Javed W.

Stay away, if something goes wrong and you cannot pick up the car, they will keep your money. All of it.

By Norman N.

John P Mate I was unfortunate enough to contact these Criminals and pay them money I have nothing to do with them and am simply warning other people not to be fooled by them and to loose therehard earned money. Take up your complains with Rental car. Com if you want to f and blind direct it to them. I understand the frustration with this company. Steven P thank you for your response to John P What a world!!!

By Jean l.

By Xophe X.

Questions? Get answers from the RentalCars.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RentalCars.com