Reconditioned-Engines.co.uk reviews

Tel: 03333 444188
engines@reconditioned-engines.co.uk

darrenu5
9/19/19

We found them on ebay, promised us a fully reconditioned engine in our ford ranger, collected and delivered all for a fixed price. Once they had our vehicle they said they had found other faults so needed an additional £1000 before they returned it. We were fooled and payed the money to get our vehicle back to us. It made a terrible knocking noise as it drove back into my yard. The response i got was that it was nothing to do with what they had done and it was something else that needed fixing. I have had it checked by an independent mechanic now who has said it is undriveable and they have not carried out the work they quoted. £3000 later and my vehicle is no better than before it went to them. Is it worth taking them to court? if anybody has any ideas on how to stop them scamming other people just let me know! email me *****@underwoodrecycling.co.uk

aprilk62
8/14/19

Was quoted a fixed price at 2,100-2,700 for either a new build or new engine as ours had ceased. Total bill was £5,000 and the vehicle still isn't running correctly. Was total would be done in 10 days and took nearly a month. Warranty is impossible to maintain as no other garage can even look at it. We live over 100 miles away so not exactly helpful. We will be taking them to court to try and get some money back but please do not use this awful company or you will be well out of pocket!

aarnier
8/12/19

Found this company on eBay paid them nearly a thousand pound to recondition my engine on my car, they then set up a recovery company to collect the car now I have no way to contact I have 3 different addresses and 2 numbers that both ring to answer phone with no answer, I have been in contact with the police but still no action is being made what can I do ???

I am more than happy to drive and get my car back off them but if I drive to 3 addresses and my car isn't at any then am back to square one and lost more money please help me thanks

traceye27
8/5/19

Do not touch this company !
They're scammers !
So far they've had fortunes from innocent people who desparatly need their cars fixing!
But PLEASE BE AWARE,YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR CAR FIXED ,JUST RIPPED OFF FOR LOADS OF MONEY,AND YOUR CAR REMAINS THE SAME !
TRADING STANDARDS ARE AWARE OF THIS /THESE COMPANIES WHICH ARE OPPERATING AROUND THE COUNTRY with their scams.
It needs people like us to sort this so please feel free to message me and we can share intelligence what has been collated.
THEY HAVE TO BE STOPPED !
There's gotta be more victims so please feel free to share .
I've found this company has connections in Bahrain too ,it's endless ,it's gotta be stopped .

kerrys105
8/1/19

Just contacted watchdog with regards to this awful company. If anyone has the time to do the same then maybe something might get done and the business shut down. Just grateful they didnt get my car but they have my money.

howardc84
6/5/19

Please I kindly advise anyone sensible to stay away from these crooks. They robbed me during broad daylight. I lost £1500 through these thieving bastards. I think guys we have to stick together and launch a lawsuit against these thwarts. People are working hard day and night to look after there families and scammers like this get away with it.:

deanw94

*****@yahoo.co.uk

Looking for help.

barrya77
3/22/19

There is a company with the same details, the address is unit 7. Harris way, Sudbury on thames. TW16 7EL. I have a problem with this company that is the same as all the reviews, you will have to find out if it is the same so good luck they are con men ripping people off. For a solicitor go to citizens advice web site and they will give you a list of mediating solicitors with free advice for an hour.

jamesj675
1/27/19

Same story,
I had my land rover discovery 4 with them more than 5 months now.
No money no car.
Please help

davec320
1/14/19

These guys are crooks. Do not use them, buy car from them, leave your car with them, have any work done a just avoid them and you'll save yourself a lot of heartache and money. I found out the hard way.

andrewr303
10/19/18

I'm in the same boat as practically everyone else here. They have my vehicle and claim the engine was 'all smashed up inside', which it certainly wasn't. They then tried to extort extra money to pay for components that I know were not faulty. I then told them to cease work on the vehicle and return it. They eventually agreed to do so but have not actually returned it.

Again, the police won't touch it, so solicitor seems to be the only route left, which will leave me further out of pocket.

I'm not under any illusion I'll see either the money or the vehicle again.

It just staggers me that what is plainly fraud, and therefore a crime, does not persuade the police to take action.

garym438
10/9/18

This company were taken to court on August 29th they have pleaded not guilty and are in crown court 26/09/2019 for fraud among many others but have been allowed to continue trading which is disgusting

kevink304
8/13/18

Do not use this company !!!
At the moment I have waited one month for my engine after they collected the old one
They now want more money
I will post up dates every day until I get some sense !!!

chriss925
7/18/18

I'm looking to seek a solicitors help with this and I've been advised it may be better to get as many people as possible to do this in one go. One reason is to save the cost and another is it will have greater impact in court.
I have had my van stolen from these people who quotes £1800. After paying £900 deposit 2 weeks later had to chase up where my van was and was given an ultimatum of pay £4500 or I dont get the van back and I'm apparently being charged £35 per day untill this payed.
This was since October 2017. The police are useless and say it's a civil matter. I've lost thousands in work and all my tools are in my van. I've had to buy new tools and use hire vans. Trading standards have been informed but nothing is being done.
Anyone who wants to do something about this please get in touch.
My email is *****@hotmail.com.
Thanks. Chris

aqeebk
6/1/18

Could anyone tell me there new location please? These guys have got my car and wont returning it. Dont even where abouts in the country it is in

rodgera5
11/8/17

Have pursued through the courts and addresses in Dudley and Devon are both fictitious so you will never get any money back.
Avoid them!!!!

chrisg199
11/6/17

this garage trading under Flash recon 16 Sunbeam Street has had my landrover since june for a re con gearbox they said it would take 7- 10days after 2 weeks they contacted me to say it was ready and would be delivered the next day if I payed them by bank transfer which I did. the car did not arrive since then I have been given several delivery dates and excuses for non delivery. I traveled to Wolverhampton to collect the car only to find it on the ramp and was told that it failed that morning on a test run. I have contacted trading standards who I believe is getting a case up against them. At the moment they still have my car and money. DO NOT USE THEM

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM

traceys82
11/3/17

Wish we read reviews before we got caught by this garage. We have reported to trading standards and was advised that if there are other people like us who have been caught by this garage to contact trading standards they will not discuss our case but they are building a case against them so the more people report them the more information they can get to build a case against them so please please phone trading standards let's stop this garage stealing more hard earned money off innocent people

bobh183
10/17/17

For anyone interested their real address is 16 Sunbeam Street (and unit opposite), Wolverhampton.
They are conmen. Everyone has the same story - cheap quote, double price, problem with parts, then exorbitant storage charges before work completed.
Confrontational on phone, via email and in person.
They don't accept payment via paypal.
JUST STAY AWAY FROM THEM

donnam242
9/29/17

My husband contacted this company in good faith, they assured us they could mend our engine at an agreed price, when the price rose dramatically we refused any work. We've never seen our car again, we cannot get hold of anybody, and even though we have contacted the police we have hit a brick wall. We have lost our car !!!

chriss768
9/8/17

Originally quoted £1795 to fit a reconditioned engin in my van. I was then sent a final bill of £4600 for the job without consulting me first, i was quoted £2700 by a local garage. They are now charging £25 per day to keep the van unless i pay. They are cowboys. Beware of these, it i s a scam. I will now be persuing this with a solicitor and reporting them to trading standards. if anyone has any information on these please email me as i am pursuing this through a solicitor.

eddieb44
8/22/17

They collected our van and took a payment to recondition the engine. They then asked for more money. They never returned the van, so we threatened to withdraw the credit card payment and report them to the police. They then said, as you are threatening to withdraw payment we will not release the van. Never got the van back. Just got abuse!

sophiek19
5/10/17

Top guys to deal with, took longer to finish the job due to delay in parts but other then that job is perfect, well priced, happy with them overall

Keep it up lads

God bless

darrenm36
2/23/17

please stay away from this company I gave them my car to be fixed at a set price on Ebay after they picked my car up they emailed me a week later with nearly the double of the price that was agreed
so I went to Wolverhampton to settle this in person only to find the address on ebay was a 2 bed house so went to the address on the email it did not come by surprise but it doesn exit I then went to the police they gave me an address I was then surprised to find my car in pieces all over the garage lets say it did not go well they are not releasing my car to me in stead they are charging me £35 a day for storage legal action is on its way

to help you out more they have been arrested in January and got released on bail early this month for trying to sell peoples cars I am 1 of 185 people
www.anyengines.co.uk
and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-S-TYPE-XF-XJ-2-7-TDV6-RECON-ENGINE-SUPPLY-AND-FIT-/*******617?hash=item1c7c65e811:g:KWAAAOSwA3dYd47D
are all the same corrupt chain I can prove it

stephenm155
2/16/17

Do not use. They are nasty, nasty people with zero honour and zero integrity. Email me for more information. *****@yahoo.co.uk

Just had dealings with them got my car back but not fixed but after seeing the stories on here wished Id done a bit more research so if you need more stuff on them I logged my emails and calls and lack of replies from them

By Kevin H.

Try 16 sunbeam street Wolverhampton thats were the scammers hide in plain sight contact PC Richard Potts from West Midlands Police also. Rob Bridges yet another victim

By Robert B.

We have spoken to trading standards who wanted a police incident number, the police listened but said they were powerless to do anything as we actually handed the keys over ( as you do when youre expecting work to be done ) so in effect the car wasnt stolen. These crooks know there is a loophole and they will continue to ruin peoples lives. Infact we were advised us to go and find it ourselves. Believe me we tried to hunt it down. I wish for this company to be known for the thieves they are.

By Donna M.

Questions? Get answers from the Reconditioned-Engines.co.uk staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Reconditioned-Engines.co.uk