Review of Quora

Tel: +1 916-445-1254
privacy@quora.com

tashay2
3/25/16

I dont recall any issues regarding signing up. I enjoy the concept and they do try and improve through feedback. Ive asked questions on many subjects and have not found questions are excluded as long as they are not obviously designed to offend. Great site for sharing opinions or discovering facts.

captainp1
3/19/16

Terrible business model - I'll never give them all that info.

johnw439
3/18/16

I sourced the fact that Israels Begin dressed as a Arab and blew up 91 British soldiers , wife and kids at the king David hotel at the Jewish virtual library in Israel . And that the Rothschild family financed both sides of both world wars . This got me censored. Quora is in the business of re writing history and is Zionist

johnb561
3/10/16

Do the folks at Quora realize, as the reviews show, that they are alienating quite a few people with their methods? I tried to sign in their about 6 months ago and stopped trying after I saw all the info you required. After that, no matter what I tried to contact TPTB there I kept going redirected back to all the ludicrous questions. I may still read links to this site, but will NEVER jump through all the hoops they require. There's just no good rationale for them requiring so much personal info. Good luck with THAT.

tanjas4
3/8/16

Quora is easy to use and I personally like it a lot. Most of the answers are really helpful.

martys26
2/12/16

They flag me because they don't think my name is real, they flag me because I don't link to what they want me to, they change the ENTIRE questions and answers into what THEY want. It's like one big clique and you had better be posting what they want to see, or the Quora clique will take you down. The guys from SEOMOZ post shtuff and link to things that have nothing to do with what the real answers are, but they must be friends with Quora mods. Lame.

danielled38
2/10/16

Except questions about: the federal gov, the FBI, the FCC, the FDA, the EPA, president Obama, cops, the federal government, police departments, the royal family of the UK, the CIA, conspiracy theories, the Pope, the federal reserve, chem-trails, gangstalking, non lethal weapons, microwave weapons, the department of justice, the justice system, Homeland Security, the NSA, FEMA, Social Security, GMO's, surveillance, military weapons, guns, judges, lawsuits, case law, gold bullion, silver sterling, banking procedures, money scams, psychiatry scams, Georgia Guidestones, noise campaigns and gangstalking, harassment by the federal gov, police brutality, police harassment, police stalking, police surveillance, the Rothschild family, the Rockefeller family, the Windsor family, Obamacare, National Security, the SEC, corrupt politicians, drugs, banks, the banking system, Dupont, Kevin Trudeau, the mental illness scam, police drug use, police corruption, and the IRS.

But hey, if you want to know the latest perfume Justin Beiber just purchased, Quora's got you covered!

vijayk17
2/8/16

Personally, I learned a lot through quora. Problem solving was never been this easier, right from the trivial issues to more generalized issues, quora had answers for everything. On reading, one can see through multiple ways of thinking, and / or tackling a problem, which gives us a wide exposure to pristine ideas those of which one never thought before.

suhartos
2/8/16

this service was a great disocvery for me. so many opinions and info on the topic you are researching! a great help for students and for copywriters who are not sure about their content. i found a lot of themes for inspiration here. i don't know why so many users are disappointed, may be I'm just not interested in politics and I don't dig into these matters. i didn't face any problems with the mdoerators (although i asked just 1 question but it was okay and people answered me without any issues).

johnv91
1/31/16

Quora certainly has some excellent articles to read, however, when I click on a subject
article, I get the home page, and a front page, that blocks the article that I want to read?
The front page, features links to other articles of interest, you can check mark them too,
but nothing happens? A user should be able to remove the front page, in order to read the
article that was downloaded, very difficult website to navigate, give us solutions to the
problem, and make it user friendly!! I have tried many times, to look for solutions to the
website problem that Quora has not corrected, or refuses to solve the problem. I trust that
Quora will investigate this matter, so the website can be used with great benefit to the user.

Thanks - John R. Vicente CHA/3D

kevinm164
1/24/16

Signing up for a Quora.com account is RETARDED. You stick me in a signup schema that includes selecting a number of required topics of interest. That's a deal breaker. Give the user credit for identifying their own interests as they use the app platform.

michaelg135
1/17/16

A thorough waste of time. Idiotic rules and incompetent "moderators" who will not hesitate to ostracize participants for any or no reason.

Tip for consumers: DON'T !

sarahh140
11/15/15

Don't waste your time. I was researching middle eastern politics for an assignment and stumbled on Quora. First, Quora forces to register your email address and verify it before you can view anything (which I believe is a scam to increase their user base for any future investors). Once registered, I browsed the 'Middle East' , 'Palestine' and 'Israel' sections and wish I hadn't. Quora consists of a small user base who all happen to share and propagate pro-Israeli views. It's like a monologue created by Netanyahu's PR office. For that reason, being so one-sided, it was useless for any research. I couldn't delete my account fast enough.

soc27
11/9/15

Yes good questions from around the world all meet at Quora and find great minds. Great minds means years of experience coupled with great knowledge and expertise in any chosen field of human endeavor.

Quora is just that and operates in a simple.easy to use manner. Once you register and confirm your account you can then start asking questions or answer avaiable questions. Each answer you give to a question can be upvoted or downvoted. Where you don't want to answer questions you can also place simple comments which should in no way answer the question for which you placed the comment.If by chance your comment is an answer you may receive a notification from someone telling you not to write answers to questions in the comment box.

Using quora is a good way of searching for answers to most of the questions that you may not find answers to anywhere else on the web. The questions are answered by knowledgable individual who may be company managers professionals in their chosen field of endeavours. It is truly an exciting place.

But unfortunately using quora means using your real identity. This means you must use your registered real life name and surname and other information to be able to use the site fully-that means to both answer questions and ask questions. Without this your account wil be banned from answering question until you update your information with your real identity.
This method has been questioned many times by quora users as many are not comfortable sharing real life information on a site that one day is and tomorrow might just disappear.But time and time again the answer is still the same that "it is the sites policy to require members to use their real identies when registering."

Seeing how much data theft goes on online I also do not feel comfortable sharing that much personal information as there is no guarantee that the information itself is well kept. For those who have no problem in sharing such personal information quora might be a great place to get valuable information and help in answering the many questions that are being asked.

donw28
9/9/15

This site could have been a very good forem. Unfortunately it has been totaly hijacked by the militant atheists.

jimn34
8/31/15

In answer to "What is an empath? I gave the following answer listed as first answer below. Tell me why empaths claim it did not answer the question?

Below is my answer to "What is an empath and the Quora attack on the answer:

"What is an empath?:
Empaths are a large group of judgmental, conceited, psycho-centric personalitys who believe they have a monopoly on normality and morality as opposed to the minority groups of those who fall outside of their neurotic, hand wringing spectrum.
Because empaths make up a vast majority of the spectrum that is contained in the psychopath-sociopath-machiavellian to empath continuum they believe they have the right to make negative and dangerous decisions to control the behavior and attitudes of those who do not think or feel like them. And because narcissistic pro-empathic members of their group have been propagandizing for years against the non-empaths, they now take a pseudo-religious inquisitorial view which will lead in the near future to a holocaust of the non-empaths.
{At least that is the definition contained in my version of the newly arisen Ambrose Bierce' Devil's Dictionary}"
121 views Written Sun
Your answer needs editing to be more helpful in one or more ways:
Provide more explanation why the answer is correct
Add a topic bio that shows experience or expertise in the topic
Include links to relevant sources
Use correct spelling and grammar and clear formatting

donb56
8/14/15

Quora is a site for leftists to have their opinions reinforced by other leftists. They not only do not want, but will not allow for differing opinions. That being said I'm not sure what the point of an open forum is if only certain approved ideas are allowed. So now I have some idea of what a communist reeducation camp was like.

ericg50
8/9/15

I stumbled into quora looking for something different, and, in all honesty, found the Q&A approach not only different, but productive.

Unfortunately, there are some serious issues with the administrators of the site that are, IMHO, fundamentally undermining quora. A brief search turns up numerous issues with moderation and administration. However, I had no idea moderation could be bad - so bad that calling it moderation would be misleading - it's more like empowered trolling.

Here is what happened, all in less than two weeks.

Up front: not only am I a combat veteran (both Iraq and Afghanistan), and I remain on active duty.

I stumbled into quora and began looking around, and found some fairly thoughtful answers to religious questions, and, initially mistook the comments section for something more like a standard discussion forum. No worries. I will state that anyone who has attempted to discuss religion online in any forum is aware that you need some thick skin. When I asked, innocuously mind you, how someone could know at the age of five that they were right (user happened to be atheist, but the question would apply to anyone claiming to have the entire religious issue figured out 30 years ago when they were five years old). Rather than get a response ... I was accused of being an army of sock puppets harassing the user. (Really, I am just one guy and it was one question that set the tirade off. OK. A guy to clearly stay away from, and, in this day and age, a fairly simple issue to address and resolve for even the most incapable of moderation teams.

Unfortunately, that is where the administration of quora stepped in. Apparently, zealotry is fine, because I suddenly found myself being attacked by an admin, openly and brazenly after that incident, accusing me of 'stolen valor'. Its good to know that one's supposed affiliation with a particular religion is the keystone in determining whether or not someone served in combat. (I assure you, people of all faiths have served in combat). The admin's attack was based on my disclosure of having served as a combat advisor where I was embedded with Iraqi forces. That the admin was unaware that this strategic practice occurred, indeed its what Colin Powell did in Vietnam and is a cornerstone of counterinsurgency strategy, was met with a brutal series of accusations - all public. Eventually, when the comments were reported, they were deleted - but the admin just keep coming back and pursuing groundless accusations for stolen valor.

I attempted to ignore it, and just keep answering questions about the military - enough so that the community could tell I had served (and continued to serve). The accusations kept coming from the admin though. I contacted the moderation team, from my military account, and offered to share my ORB (Officer Records Brief) - which should have ended the fracas. Nothing going. The admin just kept attacking.

Instead, in disclosing the information, I found that the admin was recruiting posters who began flame baiting me. Even innocuous comments like 'bugger off,' where slapped as violations by the admin. Worse, the admin was disclosing information ONLY provided to the admin team, information that was coming back to me through a seres of recruited trolls. Reports of this activity went without reply.

When the accusations of stolen valor continued, I looked a bit more closely at the admin's postings, who claims to be a combat veteran in his own right. It turns out, if not stolen valor, he has clearly exaggerated his own service. He insinuated that he was an officer, demanding things like IOBC and Ranger School Dates, in addition to DD214 (which you don't have when you are still on active duty). He also claims that he 'shot people' after 'watching a movie' and 'in route to bed' (that is certainly quite a bit different than the combat I faced) ... in a way that would have required him to shoot through walls. He also claims to have attempted to shoot a mother firing a pistol from behind a child with an open bolt weapon system ... that did not discharge when he pulled the trigger because the links were upside down (that is not how a machine gun works). There was no ROE discussion, no commentary from our hero's Assistant Gunner, etc. It rapidly became clear that our admin was enlisted (nothing wrong with that, but why would he strongly claim to be an officer then?) and that he served in the early part of the war ... and came home to a ticker tape parade no less - a experience not shared by many vets, especially when you return home from our current forgotten war in Afghanistan.

Not only do we have a hyper aggressive admin on a personal crusade based on religious bigotry, we have a hyper aggressive admin who attacks combat veterans and thinks a single enlisted man should provide the sole picture of the complex realities of the wars we have fought and how they have evolved.

Again, should have been simple for the admin 'team' to fix. Instead, they allowed him to ban me, refused to respond the appeals, have offered no explanation for atrocious behavior, and have allowed the admin to lie with impunity (despite repeated presentation of evidence that the admin was callously lying). A little digging, and it rapidly became clear I am not the first vet who has been treated like this by this guy. Quota's response? Silence.

How hard is it to hold someone accountable for being a jack hole? Impossible for this organization. So long as it allows its 'leaders' to treat people this way, quora will ... only go so far.

Wish them the best of luck, and really admire the format - but the moderation/admin is out of control. I'd love to see quora respond to this with some semblance of integrity, but ... I won't hold my breath.

daems
6/12/15

Quora forces you to sign up, it lays up a window which blurs everything behind. You can still read but it's a hassle. It also makes them very suspicious. The good thing is there are various workarounds to disable the pesky window that appears to block you from reading or blurring everything behind it.

Yahoo Answers lets you look at their website without having to sign up. The only difference between them is Quora has less trolls, but Yahoo Answers has more content. Either way, you can't trust much answers in both of those websites.

fabriced
6/2/15

I have for Quora a very mixed love/hate feeling.
I love the concept. Sharing knowledge is really good.
But it has its downsides, like morons asking extremely subjective questions ("what is the hottest girl in the world?" and crap like that), or people asking a question that has been asked a million times, or people asking a question about someone famous who has an account on the website just to get their attention, or people asking a question and never using the website again.
But I like it.
The worst part of it is its USER EXPERIENCE - a word they probably have never heard of. Dozens of things do not make sense at all, from the fact that you can only opt in all email updates or opt out of all email updates but not manually decide what updates you want, to the home page that just scrolls indefinitely (quite difficult if you're trying to click on one of the footer links) to the severely limited screen areas devoted to writing text or comments.
It could be an amazing website, if the concept was kept but the whole graphical approach was scraped and redesigned from the ground up by people with a sense of design and high standards. Hopefully one day this will be the case!
In the meanwhile it's just a "better" version of Yahoo answers.

upalil
5/14/15

I paid for technical help but till four days no one answer my question then another guy send me a mail and say no body help you and i am here to help you and asked me totally baby questions regarding the technical area, i never solve my fault but they got the money. Yet they keep getting 33.00 dollars every month for so called membership which i never intend to be or never apply. This is steeling money from the people in the world should be punished by the international LAW for fraud and scam.

nicolasg9
4/16/15

As it was said before, I have found the opinions biased, just like someone or some people tried to influence people.
For sure, Quora is full of fake questions and answers made by companies, startups, lobbies.
Quora is the place of sociopaths who want to get attention and play the sermonisers. If you need an answer to a question you should better google and you will find it.
There are lots of liars and trolls. For instance, some people want to be seen as millionaires, CEO of big companies but in fact they are unemployed or students.
I must admit they are good at writing fake answers. It means they repeat your question in the answer without adding any information and they can write a paragraph like this.
It is quite impressive.
Ultimately, When you ask a very precise question, you get no answer in 90% of cases.

I noticed that when I asked precise questions about a field (let's say taxes) I had no answers. In fact, I discovered that I had no answers to the most important questions and more answers to superficial questions. For example, when people ask "in which country, is there the most beautiful women?" it is superficial and it is similar to what we find in people magazine. The answers have no benefits. On the other hand, when i ask a question in my field like: "Which server-side JavaScript solution can replace PHP?" I have no beneficial answers at all. The answers are not those of experts at all.

If you are an expert about something, don't share you knowledge for free, create a blog.

Tip for consumers: Don't share your knowledge for free

lukes33
2/17/15

Quora sucks,bunch of lying deceitful pricks,first I was redirected to their site under the premise of obtaining an answer to a question ,then after obtaining my e-mail address guess what no answer,nothing pisses me off more than being redirected and lied to whoever runs this site is a loudmouth and a liar,Period ,no excuse for this bull$#*!

Tip for consumers: Dont just a scam to obtain your info for marketing.

as2064
1/27/15

Horrible site. Full of liberal atheist science worshiping "know it alls" that have everything figured out. They band together like a pack of wolves and pounce on poor folks that might have alternative points of view. They don't even give them a civilized chance to argue their points before the bullying begins. The moderation in these cases is horrible. If you try to defend someone and offer arguments in defense, the wolf-pack turns on you. Some of the information is useful. Most of it is fluff from self professed arm-chair experts. Not a place for a civilized discussion of abstract ideas by real knowledgeable people of any kind. They would have burned Galileo before the inquisition ever got hold of him, if they had existed in that time.

nassers
1/15/15

Very useful if you need up to date answers from credible sources.

42 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

No, it is obviously leftist but it does on occasion allow questions or replies for short periods of time that are obviously uncomfortable to the "politicaly correct" crowd in a useless attempt to appear unbiased.

By David N.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Quora