QSL Tenders

QSL Tenders has a consumer rating of 1.24 stars from 33 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. QSL Tenders also ranks 48th among Service Marketplace sites. The most common issues with QSL Tenders are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• As per the people below i will be reporting this to trading standards and i hope that more people will follow in this.
  • One of my team signed up to what he thought was a free trial and subsequently received an invoice a month later.
How would you rate QSL Tenders?

“First off, I want to say that I am NOT an employee...”

$#*! P.
2/13/12

First off, I want to say that I am NOT an employee of QSL. I signed up for their service last week and I realised that you have to pay £579 + VAT if you do not cancel within the time given. I rang them up today and spoke to a pleasant woman on the phone and asked them about their pricing policy and any kind of payment plans and she sent me an email over immediately with all the details. I admit that their "don't cancel and we'll invoice you" tactic does seem quite underhand and overall it undermines the trustworthiness of business as a whole, but I have found that the tenders that QSL has provided my company with have been very useful and I am sure we will make more than the cost of the subscription back on clients. We are still debating whether or not to go for a full subscription after the trial has ended but it seems that we might. I think a lot of people here need to read terms and condtions a bit more thoroughly before getting themselves into this mess. I am not the most organized of people yet I saw that we have to cancel.

“Now trading as 'Total Tenders' AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Katherine K.
4/18/19

A free trial seems to have been set up in my name from a service called Total Tenders. I assumed their emails were spam until they started sending me invoice payment requests for a year's subscription I don't want and haven't ordered. I looked them up, to find very little information about them online (already a red flag), then I notice their trading address is identical to QSL, who of course have already been exposed as scammers. I will be reporting this to trading standards.

trading standards (5) free trial (9) years subscription (3)
katherinek92
April 18th, 2019

I will be reporting this to trading standards.
karrieannp
September 25th, 2019
Total con! Not a free subscription service at all. Do not use this company. They blatantly lie on their website.
ww7
March 26th, 2012
We are a small company that have not made £100 pounds, only to recieve ann invoice and debt recovery letter that we should pay £892.10 for service we never used, This is heartbreraking. GOVERMENT come to growing business RESCUE
kirstyw
April 11th, 2014
We signed up for this tender website, then quickly realised that it sends you nothing that you can not find for free on the internet. We attempted to use their link to cancel the subscription several times but it never works. It also very puzzlingly says in their T&Cs that they will accept cancellations no other way (not email, phone call, written letter) bizarre - why ever not? Could it be because the best way to tie a company into giving you hundreds of pounds is to never let them cancel your service? Oh yes.
We are currently being chased by Debtco for £1500...
johnc170
July 24th, 2013
This company in the nicest words possible should be shut down for ROBBING hard working people and fooling them into a so called contract I for one am not paying this and want others to follow me and shut them down or at the very least change there ways of carrying out there business
user397
March 16th, 2009
Don't Sign up for the qsl-tenders website - I stumbled across this website offering a 15 days free facility so I signed up a couple of weeks later I recieved an invoice for £395.00.
When I contacted them they told me that the invoice was the cost in advance of use of the website ,which I didn't require .
When I explained that I wasn't a company and didn't require their service the attitude was tough ,pay up or we will set a debt collection agency on you.
I must have communicated with them about14 times and their attitude remains the same,
pay up or else.
I would suggest that anybody needing this type of service should use other similiar sites as these people are only interested in signing you up to a contract and chasing you for money .
If you where not happy with a product you could return it to a shop and have it replaced or get your money back. These people are clearly not interested in building relationships just grabbing money .
dickp2
February 13th, 2012
angelg1
September 27th, 2010
I'm trialling QSL-tenders, so far so good, I've received several tender notices already and customer services was very helpful in finding plenty of tender categories for me. Will tell you more after I've decided whether or not to continue with the subscription.
zamz
April 17th, 2012
Free trial - A total scam, didnt pay for 1st year, told them many times i dont want to continue only used service once, - The following year another invoice for the 2nd year! how many times do we have to tell them that we dont want the service. Been 2 years now they have been chasing us, but its been about 6 months since we have heard anything from them so have they given up????? ignore the letters to do with Debt co. - All scammers.- very misleading site.
jl60
June 13th, 2014
shocking, rude, con artists, should be closed down and pay back all subscribers
anona5
July 8th, 2012
Signed up for a free four week trial. No account information/credit cards taken. After four weeks there was no reminder email. Woke up a few weeks later to a £700 bill sent to my business address.

When I rang to find out what had happened the sales representative was extremely polite until I mentioned I hadn't signed up for a years membership and therefore would not be paying. At this point the sales representative lost the polite front and took delight in my upset and
gregorys19
November 30th, 2012
QSL Tenders is an absolute scam - stay away. Their T&C's are specifically designed to entrap you, and the service isn't very good either.

I'm being sent letters asking for money relating to employees that had personal accounts with them, that haven't worked for my company for months.
darrenw5
April 3rd, 2012
Do not use this website it is an absolute scam, they are rude and rip you off i have seen loads of similar stories to myself
christianh3
July 10th, 2012
Signed up to 28 day trial and exactly the same story, they were not clear on telling you automatically signed up for 12 months, next thing I know got an invoice through the post for £695 inc VAT. Paid it with regret, asked how to cancel, no answer. Honestly forgot about the service as thought the service was diabolical and never used it. 1 month ago received another invoice for the same amount, rang and called and spoke with a very unhelpful, rude and quite abrupt. Told her that under no circumstances would I be paying the invoice and the next thing I know a letter from Debtco chasing £855.64.

I WILL be speaking to our legal team regarding this and also trading standards. Maybe even watchdog! PLEASE AVOID.
emmar2
May 5th, 2011
scam, avoid like the plague. I have contacted Trading Standards, Consumer Direct & BBC Watchdog about them. They do not trade in a fair way. Web-site full of loopholes to catch people out.
gordonh18
January 28th, 2013
Exposed in the National Press - QSL

The curse of the internet free trial offer strikes again. This time it's a company called QSL, which gives subscribers the details of UK and EU contracts that have been put out to tender.

South Shields family firm ­Architectural Entrance Systems Ltd, which makes steel security doors for shops, was tempted to give the site a whirl, found that it didn't suit them and forgot all about it.

That was until they got a bill for £795 plus VAT from QSL because they'd forgotten to cancel the deal at the end of the trial period.

"We wanted to increase our scope for business by looking at tender ­procurement sites," said Christian ­Ryan-Munden of Architectural Entrance Systems.

"We found their tenders to be not really related to our industry and, in any case they were available for free elsewhere.

"QSL would send emails every day regarding useless tenders but they did not contact me to discuss payment terms or warn that the free trial was almost over and we would be charged if we didn't cancel."

QSL is run from Market Harborough by director Gordon Hosie, 54, (above) and company secretary David Hosie and is notching up furious online complaints for its sales tactics, known as inertia selling.
We met Gordon, who denied that all the tender details that they provide are ­available for free on ­Government websites.

He also insisted that subscribers are warned that they will be charged if they don't cancel after four weeks.

Gordon: "When people sign up for this subscription we send them two emails saying when the trial expires."

Penman: "That's at the start, four weeks later it hasn't worked for them so they've forgotten about it - why not send the email at the end of the four weeks saying 'cancel now or you'll get an invoice'?'"

Gordon: "We could look at that."

Penman: "If your service really is that good, why not bill subscribers monthly rather than demand a full year's fee the moment the trial ends?"

Gordon: "That's standard subscription practice."

Penman: "There are a lot of highly critical online comments about QSL."

Gordon: "I've got no comment."

Penman: "How often do you sue companies that refuse to pay your invoices?"

Gordon: "No comment."

After we stepped in, QSL offered ­Architectural Entrance Systems a reduced bill of £238.50 - and the South Shields company told them where to shove it.

blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2013/01/customers-unhappy-with-qsl-ten.html
charless9
April 21st, 2011
The people at QSL must be quite amoral. Not wrong - because their Ts&Cs probably do stack up, but amoral - and they know exactly what they are doing.

In our case as a new business we signed up to a number of free tender websites including QSL to see how they worked. Like other users we got an invoice out of the blue 2 months later:
- Not a single customer service call in the meantime (unlike every other website).
- Barely clicked on by us (which makes the lack of customer service even more mystifying - do they not care that people don't use the product?).

The invoice had attached to it a screen print of the page where one signed up to it - has anybody ever heard of that?? They know in advance that their customers will not understand why they have an invoice.

Since then they ignored emails - and worse pretended that they had not received them.

Life is too short so we paid up from personal funds as the business does not have the money - but they make my blood boil! AVOID IT!!!
darylc1
October 31st, 2012
QSL provide a useless service and then have extremely contractual terms and conditions, specifically designed to trap you into paying for a year of subscription. Beware of them, many other better services available from others.
mariond12
August 13th, 2013
What an absolute scam. From a 4 week trial to being stung for 2 full years of payments. The database hasnt been accessed by us since April 2012, yet the forced payment for that year, and now a second year because it 'auto renewed'. I have argued till I am blue in the face with them, written to them explaining I wasnt aware that we even had a subscription, and asked where their account management was, they record all log ins, so knowing we hadnt logged in since April 2012 is that not clear that we are not using the system and are unaware of the subscription until an invoice arrives, then a debt collectors letter with screengrabs. Had we been contacted to say 'look guys youre paying for this do you need any help' it would at least make it easier to pay this invoice, but nothing for two years. Aggressive people on the phone, awful service. Im now being told I cant exercise the 25% pay to get out clause, and I need to go online and cancel the subscription, thats the only way, they dont accept letters. Joke of an outfit, one of the worst cases of being tied to a contract that I have seen in my years in business - ADVICE - STEER CLEAR OF THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE PLAGUE
stevet17
August 17th, 2011
Signed up for the free trial and canceled on-line on the day as per their T&C.. or so i thought. Received more tenders the next day so phoned in and they confirmed i had canceled. Then received the invoice for £695.
They have no record of me logging on or phoning in to cancel. Should have got the name of the person i talked to!!!
Information we received wasn't helpful. Stay away
adamr11
July 19th, 2012
Avoid this company at all costs. They are purely after your money and once they have it they really do not care. Do not sign up for any subscriptions as they will have you with their terms and conditions!
gamek1
May 15th, 2011
Yes QSL tenders is an absolute SCAM. Steer clear, do not pay them a penny, and note that I feel QSL staff have been directed to find forums like this and post false positive reviews so don't believe anything good about this lot as its either been posted by QSL Tenders themselves or by a complete nutter.
ellieb1
February 16th, 2012
I signed up for this horrible, useless and backstabbing website at the start of December and like all of your cases I received a huge bill to pay. I was given the option to cancel and pay £175 plus £1.97 I went over I had no way out as decided against the hassle for the next year of going to and from when they don't listen and are not sympathetic. I had to pay for this out of my own pocket as it was something that I had done and my company told me to make it go away...This was not what I needed after xmas...however it is done and dusted I just warn those to STAY AWAY from the site, they are rude, unhelpful and brutal!!!
Lesson learnt and am sorry that so many others seem to have had the same problem!!!
Its not fair business and definitely not how I do business!
I hope those who are fighting them do win and they don't get a penny!
Ellie
joer11
January 14th, 2011
I own a medium sized media agency. One of my team signed up to what he thought was a free trial and subsequently received an invoice a month later. QSL have been unhelpful and rather agressive in seeking payment even after cancellation.

We design and build websites and in our experience their sign-up tactics are highly dubious in relation to the law. As such we are currently actioning a campaign to expose them and fight back. Our internal PR consultant is putting together a well researched article which will be published in multiple online and offline channels; so if you want to get involved please do get in touch. Contact my personal email *******@hotmail.com.
miriamm3
May 10th, 2012
This company are a complete scam!!!

I sent them an email yesterday saying that I would like to cancel my subscription and that they should accept this email as confirmation of my cancellation.

I then received an email back saying that I had to cancel on their website. I went on today and cancelled through their website. But it was too late-The trial ran out yesterday and I had to cancel yesterday on their website. Even though I stated in my email that I wanted to cancel. I received an email today saying I have been signed up for a years subscription costing £695.........arrrrrggghh!!!!

I have managed to cut this down to £175 using their early cancellation fee conditions....but this is still a ridiculous amount of money for a website that is no good anyway!!!

I spoke to the accounts manager twice today, she was extremely rude and even laughed when we were putting our case across- how infuriating!!!

I spoke to trading standards and they said there is nothing they can do.....if this is the case then so be it. But if there are any suggestions on how to avoid paying the fee.....I would REALLY appreciate it!

Questions? Get answers from the QSL Tenders staff and other customers.

New Tenders Daily From QSL Tenders

johns564
John S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QSL Tenders?

Have a question about QSL Tenders?