Pottery Barn Kids reviews

nternational@potterybarnkids.com
2018 Customer choice award

petet42
6/13/19

I bought a dresser/changing table for my baby from pottery barn kids. I put the order in over 8 months ago. When I purchased the dresser, they said that it would take 2 months to fulfill the order. That was perfect because it synced up with the time my son would be born. As soon as the two months was up, I did not receive my dresser, I look at the status of my order and it turns out it is pushed back 2 more weeks. Fine. 2 weeks later its pushed back another month.okay.. The month rolls by and it says another two week. This cycle goes on over the next 8 months and still no table!
I gave them a call 5 weeks ago (7 months later) to figure out where my dresser is and what is the hold up. The woman tells me that they are waiting for the manufacturer to fulfill the order and as soon as its done they will ship it out. If they can't fulfill the order because they don't have the product, I would call that SOLD OUT. Don't just take my money, give me numerous dates of delivery, and keep pushing it back, and just call that a "backorder". You don't have it. Its sold out. Apparently they're waiting for Jesus himself to rise back up and make this freaking dresser.

When I confronted customer service, she said she would send me emails regarding my order, when there is movement, and notes about our call and all this other great stuff. I haven't received one thing.
Honestly one of the absolute worst companies I've ever had to deal with. If you don't have a product, CALL IT SOLD OUT! Don't just steal your customers money and not deliver, then blame it on the manufacturer.

heidin29
6/12/19

Absolute worst customer service ever! I have been trying to contact them in regards to a recent purchase that I had made. I ordered what I assumed was a Zoey trundle bed. But unfortunately I only ordered the trundle and the bed was being sold separately. The Zoey advertisement was not showing *trundle only* as seen in the other item listed in the picture. When I reached out to customer service they did not offer an apology at all and told us that we had to repackage and take the over 110lb. box back to FedEx. All I really wanted was the actual bed that matched the trundle now that we were stuck with the trundle. However I was then told that they no longer sold the Zoey bed and hadn't since October of 2018. This purchase was made in May of 2019! Why are they still selling the trundle if they no longer sell the bed?!?!? I have reached out to them several times in the past two weeks and keep getting the same run around from different customer service representatives. Horrible!! They have lost me as a loyal customer.

susanac19
6/1/19

I called the 1800 customer service phone number to modify my order. I purchased $6,000+ Worth of furniture and simply wanted to change one item. Called 3 times and was hung up on every single time when I requested to speak to a supervisor. I was told I had to cancel my entire order and that my new order would be delayed 2+ months. They should really review these calls and get ride of the bad employees. For such a prestigious brand they do a terrible job at hiring good customer service reps. My experience was awful and quite frankly I'm considering cancelling my entire order and going elsewhere. Clearly they do not care if they lose business as they are treating their customers terribly.

taylorm192
6/1/19

Terrible customer service with two separate crib orders 2 years apart. DO NOT DO IT. The furniture isn't worth the awful experience if something doesn't go exactly as planned. RUN RUN RUN. I've escalated the case, e-mailed the person who helped me on my PREVIOUS order that had an issue, and heard back from no one. Now an order has been refunded in part but they kept the shipping charge. I'm done. Bye PBK.

ayeletb2
5/31/19

I ordered a new bed for mt daughters birthday. Estimates Date was June 10-24 before i placed the order and also after the order was placed and a few days later. I have checked multiple times. I checked again today (May 31st) and suddenly saw October 24 as the new date. I couldn't believe it! Customer service told me that is indeed the case. They can't do anything. I asked to cancel the order, they did. Tried to put in an order right after for the same furniture, guess what? Says June 24!!!! You would expect they would be honest.

sophiaj47
5/20/19

As seen in many other reviewers, the customer service was very unhelpful or inflexible. We signed up for Pottery Barn Kids (PBK) emails to get 15% off our first order. It did not work well, and we received a discount coupon only a week after we placed the order. We contacted the customer service and asked if we can apply this coupon to our order, but the answer was "No". In addition, we were charged with the shipping and processing fee, which was far more than the amount described on PBK website. We contacted the customer service for a clear explanation, but no answer at all yet. We hope that we will be happy with the item we purchased at least, but we are sure that we will not do any shopping again at PBK because of the bad customer service.

zowir
4/24/19

We bought a crib and dresser from PBK because they ar green guard certified. We haven't had any issues with the crib but the dresser smelled like chemicals when it arrived. After three weeks it finally outgassed but the drawers are difficult to open. I have tried for two months to schedule a furniture medic to come see why the drawers all stick. PBK customer service has been terrible. I have spent countless hours on hold to be hung up on. I have emailed ten times and when I finally had an appointment- no one showed up! I had to wait on hold for hours and no one could explain why my appointment had been canceled. I was promised a supervisor would contact me but that never happened. It's two months later and my dresser drawers still won't open and I am still being ignored by the company. Horrible customer service!

rh283
4/19/19

Four months between ordering thousands in nursery furniture, we finally have it. They delivered a wrong piece, lied to us on the phone on multiple locations, were very rude in over ten hours of customer service calls (7 hours waiting to speak with someone), and cost us multiple days of work waiting for deliveries that never happened.
Their processes and logistics are clearly a problem. It's unfortunate that customer service has to deal with that, so maybe it's understandable that they're callous and rude. But it's no excuse. Not a good look for a company selling baby/kids furniture that they don't care enough to be nice to families that could have been customers for a decade or more. Never again.

nilsaa1
4/11/19

I called today to the Pottery Barn Kids Vancouver Store to see if they had a piece of furniture. I wanted to make sure they had it because i had to drive 45 minutes to get there.
They assured me they had it in stock (2 of them ) and they would hold it for me.
I called them before i left home to assured they had it ready for pick up.
When i arrived the manager (who i talked on the phone for picking up) told me they made a mistake and they didnt have it in stock. that i was welcome to order it online but it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive.
VERY DISSAPOINTED TO SEE they dont care about customers, they didnt even say sorry and i lost almost two hours of my afternoon for nothing.

megb31
4/11/19

I ordered a backpack in October. It was on back order, but was supposed to be shipped out and delivered in early December. As December came around, I got an email that I would not be receiving it when anticipated. I was a little bummed because it was a Christmas gift, but no big deal. Come January, I still hadn't gotten, so I called customer service. I was told I would receive it in March. March came and went. I called again this Monday (4/8) and the lady I spoke with said it would be arriving THAT day. Didn't get it. I checked the status online and it just says "processing". It has been 6 months since I ordered (and paid for) this backpack, so I am so frustrated that I haven't received it and have no idea when I actually will.

nikeyy
4/2/19

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! Ordered our crib and Glider and received an email stating they could not keep their delivery date promised! When attempting to call back in knowing status of possible expedite, Cristal, the person answering, stated she did not know anything about furniture and could only transfer the call and did not have the furniture contact number in WPB, Florida. The glider was custom ordered and they were giving me a hard time about returning that too! The Crib is back ordered for 2-3 more months despite the fact i went in and ordered it in early February! I had to change the crib style, one I never liked in the first place. Just awful. Why would they market and promise products they cannot commit!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from purchasing items you will need on a give date. Customer service numbers very poor too. No one call tell you any definitive.

mindym39
4/1/19

I have never seen such horrible service as we had with an order for a crib/rocker/ottoman. In January I placed an order for a crib, rocker and ottoman for my sister who was expecting in April. The original delivery dates were March for the crib and 4/20 for the rocker. I received an email to confirm the order. In March my sister followed up on the order as she wanted to get the baby's room ready. She was told the crib had been ready to ship and that you were waiting for us to schedule the delivery? I had received no emails or calls to notify me. At that time she was told the rocker/ottoman were still on track for 4/20. The crib was finally delivered last Friday. She called again on the chair and was told now it would be June. Again, no correspondence from Pottery Barn. She spoke at length to their Customer Service department who acknowledged that there had been no contact from Pottery Barn re the order. When asked for a Supervisor she was placed on nearly an hour hold and got someone who said they were a "Member of Leadership". That person said they are not a Supervisor, (not sure what a "Member of Leadership" means in their organization?) That person was also unable to offer any information including how many stores Pottery Barn has or number of employees. An attempt has been made to cancel the order for the chair/ottoman although they say they are unable to provide any confirmation of that. She was also told by Customer Service that they didn't know how we could file a formal complaint. Pottery Barn is a boutique type store with a good reputation, they have lost my family's business and I will be sure to share our experience with anyone I can find to listen. If you can't offer a product in a reasonable time then you shouldn't advertise it. Customer Service should obviously be a priority with a store like Pottery Barn.

maey2
3/26/19

I ordered a large kids luggage for my daughter. It was on sale however was still not worth the $118 I paid for it. MADE from China. So you know the quality. Then on top of it I got my daughters name on it which was just stickers. Very very disappointed.

Response from Judy E., Pottery Barn Kids Representative
Mae, Hello- I am truly sorry to hear you're disappointed with your recent purchase, and I would like to help in any way I can. I have sent you a private message with my contact information, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you, -Ramona
kimk244
3/20/19

Like so many people posting, I ordered a bed for my daughter and it was delivered. I also ordered a back ordered nightstand as a separate order because I did not want to have to wait until the back ordered item came in to get the bed (the website said they would deliver once everything was available for delivery). After I ordered the items, I too got a 25% discount coupon via email. I asked them if they would adjust the price on the exact items I had purchased and they refused. If I wanted to return both items and repurchase then they would, supposedly, but who knows if they would have come through in the end. All the customer service reps kept saying, "thank you for your understanding on this matter." blah, blah, blah. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service and outrageously expensive to bat. I would never recommend PBK or PB (as I am sure their policy is the same). They definitely lost a customer here and I hope people heed the warnings posted here. What a joke of a company.

lw26
3/14/19

Ordered two pieces of furniture when it was 20% off plus free shipping. One of them was on back orders and the website said will ship a few weeks later. After received both pieces I found out that only the first piece was discounted for 20%. Called customer service and they said they can't do any price adjustments because orders was a few weeks ago and already delivered. Well, yes, the order was made a few weeks ago however it was because PB kids had no inventory and it was a back order. The lady who answered the phone made it sounds like I was bobbing them. I was very uncomfortable. If your company can't honestly offer 20% off as advertised, don't advertise!!! Don't fool your customers like this! How do customers know they won't get the discount when it is on back orders? Plus, the day when I called, the website was offering 25% off and free shipping. Why can't you just simply provide a better service and make the customers happy?

shelleys101
3/8/19

After waiting five weeks to receive a thank you note, I called the recipient of my gift and was told they received the gift card but there was no message or name included. If I hadn't called they would never have known I sent this gift. The only thing you managed to do right was charge my credit card. No problems there!!!

judithc113
2/20/19

Three strikes and you're out!! We're very patient people and purchased 3 times with pottery barn kids. Every order was painfully met with discrepancies and when we called to get the order right, it was a different person each time with a promise that would correct the order. No luck!
The most recent incident was the infamous website that hardly ever works. When applying the coupon ... it wouldn't work. Tried again and again .. no luck. So, we stopped. The next day we received a personal email stating that our item left in the cart would be another 20% off today only. I immediately went through the entire ordering process, put in the new coupon code... didn't work AGAIN! Called the never helps customer service and they said it doesn't apply to this item! HELLO? Our personal email that SHOWED a picture of the item said to act TODAY to receive the 20% off!! Spoke to a manager. NO LUCK!!
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WEBSITE!! My daughter ordered luggage for her daughter. They messed up the personalization. It's been FOUR months trying to get it right. This company IS BAD!!! Save yourself a lot of frustration. They don't care about the customer. There's no accountability for their mistakes. I would have given zero stars but that wasn't an option. One star is too many for this company!

robertw910
2/4/19

My name is Robert W. And I, like many people on this thread failed to read the reviews first! Big oops!! They obviously have a HUGE PROBLEM WITH ORDERS, processing & everything in the BOH. All I ordered was a slip cover for a kids sized children's chair. They double charged me for starters. Next, the product was on back order, with an availability ready to be shipped date of Jan 29. I placed The order on Jan 9!!! Here it is Feb 4th who knows if they even started the slipcover because it's unuvalaible! They try to spin the pottery barn kids brand as if "It's a custom and super high-quality artwork furniture vibe". But that is false! All they are doing apparently is subcontracting "their custom work" to a 3rd/4th/5th party vendor! Who apparently does not have any 21st-century means of communication!!! Never again PB Kids! My kids will be grown with kids before you see anyone with my last name order from this racket of a business. So please stop sending me countless, borderline harrassing emails marketing the same unavailable products you already managed to overpromise & jnderdeliver to me! Time to tighten it up PB Kids. I mean you are running the place like kids...

andrewt243
1/28/19

I'd like to say something new,but it's the same story as every other review on this forum. I wish I'd read these ahead of time. Store experience was great, delivery has been a complete nightmare. Still waiting for my Rory nightstand, have asked to speak to a manager at delivery 3 times and it is never followed up. The furniture has arrived in waves but it's constant calls and follow up with the delivery company,cancelled deliveries, misinformation...such an absolute joke...The CEO needs to take notice of this and fix it immediately bc I like most others on here will NEVER purchase from this store again and plan to tell anyone I can about my horrific experience with this awful company.

For nearly $4000 and "white glove" delivery, it should be a lot less hassle to get what you paid good money for.

You might have a chance to get furniture from PB kids before you give birth if you order it the day you get pregnant...but they'd probably even screw this up.

STAY AWAY

maryb992
1/13/19

We placed a custom furniture order for a glider/ottoman pair for our baby's nursery on 11/7, and at the time we were told the items would ship between 12/21 and 1/4. We were calculated in our fabric selection, picking an option that was guaranteed to ship (or so we were told) well in advance of our son's due date. In fact, we changed our selection to secure that delivery window as our first choice of fabric would not be available until the spring.

Our original 2-week shipping window has now elapsed and despite 5+ phone calls to the Pottery Barn Kids Customer Service Desk, multiple emails, and a call directly to the Williams Sonoma Upholstery department (the PBK Furniture Department provided me their number directly, making this my responsibility to run down why they could not make that call is beyond me!), we've received no updated information.

We've been told each and every time that it requires 3 to 5 business days to receive updates from the 3rd party manufacturer, which I've come to learn is operated by sister company Williams Sonoma. That 3 to 5 day time frame has now come and passed multiple times with no additional input from any party. No one I have spoken with can tell me where my order is in the production process (I'm not certain the manufacturer has even acknowledged it!), much less when it will be delivered to my home. Keep in mind we've already been charged in full!

I've asked repeatedly to speak with a manager, and to-date that request has gone unfulfilled. I've asked repeatedly for additional contacts or avenues by which to retain additional information, only to be told no additional options or contacts exist.

We had a terrific in-store experience in shopping for and placing this order, but unfortunately Pottery Barn Kids has failed us in every aspect of this process since then. When the delivery window came and went, we had to initiate the follow ups we were never notified of any issues or bottlenecks resulting in delays. We've been charged in full for a custom product that still cannot be located. We've attempted to initiate the cancellation process in order to take our business elsewhere, only to be ignored or to be told that is not an option since this constitutes custom work. I certainly understand the premise, though we paid and entered into this agreement under the guise we'd be receiving our finished product no later than January 4th. We did not make this $1300+ purchase to have it fulfilled at PBK's leisure and convenience.

jaclyno
1/12/19

I have had nothing but a bad experience with pottery barn. Every time I call I get a nasty representative that does not seem to understand how stressful this has been. I purchased furniture in Nov and if continued to get delayed multiple times. I then had to cancel with about 3 weeks left to go in my pregnancy. Now almost due and waiting on furniture from some where else. I have had to call about 30 times to get the credit put on the pottery barn card that I don't even need now, since I only got it for the rewards. Every time the rep tells me it will be done in 3 to 5 business days and then it never happens and I have to call again get transferred 3 times. So I asked Paula (rep)how do I know it will be done this time when if never gets done and She says if you don't believe me i don't know what to tell you, you can't wait for a lead but the wait is long. So nasty. Sorry it's hard to believe a company who has screwed me over for months now. Truly disappointed.

monak22
1/6/19

The Pottery Barn Kids is a joke . The costumer service is so poor and not helping you at all.The quality of the product is cheap ,probably I will buy a better thing at Walmart now ;)
10 years ago the products was really good and you can see the difference.
I will not buy anything more from them anymore , it's a waste of money !!!
IT'S NOT THE SAME STORE AS IT USED TO BE !!!

debbiem324
12/28/18

I received a confirming email expecting my grandson's Christmas present December 17th. Crickets. Called to ask where it was. On backorder until after Christmas. No email telling me this. Was told to check my spam folder as if I was an idiot. Email came right after I hung up with them. Item came finally without the personalization. Called again. They will replace it after I put it in a box and take it to a UPS store. I have to do all the work. Asked for a credit for all the hell they put me through - gave me $9 on a $141 item. Never again, Pottery Barn.

carols602
12/27/18

No shipment and repeated misinformation. Polite representatives do not equal good customer service. No notice given at time of purchase that items were on back order, paid for expedited delivery. Items failed to be delivered on first delayed date given, order delayed several times. One date is almost two months out. Who does this and expects repeat customers?!

kellys441
12/24/18

Where to begin! I had three incidences with them and I'm finished forever! I should have learned. Their customer service is the worse I have ever seen! It's feel like Pottery Barn Kids trains it's emoloyees to delay making a decision and keep delaying their responses and passing the problem off to different reps, even though at the end of every email they alll type the same thing, "I'm personally following your account."

1. Don't order the Nuna set from them they won't send you the attachments and they will keep delaying and blaming it on the warehouse. Six months later and the case is still pending.

2. Don't order something that needs to be returned they sent me the wrong mirror. It was too heavy to put in my car and drag to the store so I contacted customer service and it took them 2 months to get ups to pick up the package.

3. Don't order anything using a gift card online! I currently am going back and forth with them because I ordered garland on Nov 2 I knew it had a two week lead time. After four weeks I reached out to customer service they gave me the typical run around trying to contact their vendor...it's now two months later and no refund or item I ordered! I'm going back and fourth with them and they keep saying they are waiting on a response from their vendor! I don't care about their vendor I ordered it from pottery barn kids not their vendor! It's alrwady passed Christmas I clearly don't need the garland now. There is absolutely nothing I can do because it was a gift card. They are total thief's!!!!

45 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi Vicki: We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience when you inquired about your order. Please email our elevated team at support@potterybarnkids.com and we can then reach out you directly. Thank you.

By Judy E., Rejuvination Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Pottery Barn Kids staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Pottery Barn Kids