Review of Post Office

London, England EC2Y 9AQ, United Kingdom
Tel: 0345 611 2970

philm21
10/25/17

The United Kingdom Post Office offers a range of savings accounts and bonds provided by the Bank of Ireland. The interest rates are reasonable for accounts which still allow access to savings but dealing with the Post Office is a nightmare.

Their website is truly 1990s with no auto tab when entering login data and it is down so often that it's never guaranteed that login will be possible. Managing the accounts, as in viewing and moving money is fairly good but trying to open a new account such as a bond using existing savings is a waste of time as their help and advice is out of date and does not match the actual process.

Trying to get in touch with them by telephone is a waste of time as it takes forever to get through and when you do, don't expect any useful help. I spent three days trying to open a new savings bond and when I finally succeeded it took a week for them to even acknowledge my application and then I found that the account hadn't even been set up!

I'm moving my money elsewhere when my bonds mature, even if it means a lower interest rate!

sukik
Suki K.
1/20/14

I think while the Post Office is a little expensive they really did a great job for me over the last few weeks as I have been selling odds and ends on Ebay to clear my pad. The website made it so clear that I was able to go to the my local branch and really have saved a bundle by knowing what to ask for when posting parcels. I recommend visiting the website before mailing anything as there are numerous different methods of posting with various charges.

Questions? Get answers from the Post Office staff and other customers.

Post Office?