Pigeonly

Pigeonly has a consumer rating of 3.89 stars from 920 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Pigeonly most frequently mention customer service, great way and pictures letters. Pigeonly ranks 2nd among Directories sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 80.2%

• Best customer service of all time, i am impressed how they processed I will recommend this to my family and friends

• Cancelled my subscription in October of 2020 and they charged my credit card in March of 2021.
How would you rate Pigeonly?

“Easy to send photos”

Julie B.
9/11/20

With pigeonly I was able to send photos to my husband super easily. I tried sending photos to him through regular mail only to have them arrive back go me. Close to a month later. It turns out that they don't accept photos at his facility sent directly from family. What a happy day for me to discover Pigeonly. It has made it possible for my husband to feel like he was there with us as we made new memories.

“Owner of company a former inmate & scam artist”

Cathy C.
3/7/20

After having $80 worth of unauthorized charges to my credit card, customer rep told me to dispute charges as she was unable to help me. Check into owner of company, he is a former prison inmate who figured out while in prison for drug trafficking how to make money from the misery of other inmates. He makes over 3 million a year at our expense and misery.

credit card (16) customer service (37)
feliciah87
August 20th, 2020

I came across this website by chance and im happy to say my curiosity paid off for once lol. Jk but seriously the amount of time and money im saving not including convenience, is pretty unbelievable. Granted this is my first time dealing with a loved one doing time, pigeonly has made communication so much easier.

jenniferv463
August 22nd, 2020

Having a lot of trouble getting the processing on the pigeonly premium plan. Have not been able to talk to my inmate after purchasing the bundle plan n everytime he calls me to the given phone line it says it has no funds when I just purchased funds. How long does it take to be able to go through? Starting to feel like its a scam n waste of my money. Also happening with my photo purchases. Takes my money but says processing. Getting frustrated

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Hello Jennifer. We regret and frustration you have experienced utilizing our services. Rest assured we provide a legitimate and convenient way for you to stay in contact with your loved one. Though it has been some time since your issue, feel free to call an Account Manager, M-S 6-4 P.ST. At (800) 323-9895. We will be happy to discuss in full detail the source of your dissatisfaction and get your issue resolved as soon as possible. Thank you and stay well.

kime232
November 5th, 2020

I was looking online to get in contact with my daughter and came across Pigeonly! I thought the name was a little strange but took a chance. My daughter received her first postcard today and was so excited when she called me! So happy to get a photo of her kids, I'm sending her as many as I can in hopes it changes her thoughts and maybe I'll just get her back like she used to be!

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer you the best possible way to keep in touch with your loved one, so I am happy to see that reflected in the services we have provided for you and your daughter! Thank you for using Pigeonly Kim.

brandyl76
October 2nd, 2020

I'm pretty sceptical about this stuff. But it is not got bad reviews. So I have created a account to see how this goes.

matth477
November 3rd, 2020

Pigeonly is awesome! It's a nice and easy way to connect with your loved one that's incarcerated. It's really cost effective as well

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Thank you Matt for this very kind review, we appreciate your service with us here at Pigeonly If you need anything from us please do not hesitate to contact our customer service line at 1-800-323-9895.

julieb1382
September 11th, 2020

jesush69
February 19th, 2021

This company is decent if you provide photos for you love one, however the phone number they provide you, does not work most of the time, i contact them already multiple times, i funded the account as well, and my inmate still has issues using the phone number as the calls don't come in at all. But if you need it to send photos without a limit, this app is good for the photos, and greeting cards.

Tip for consumers:
I recommend Pigeonly because they allow you to send images, letters, post cards, and greeting cards as well, but the phone server that they provide for you inmate needs more improving since from my personal experience, does not work for my inmate (Yes the phone does have funds, that is separate from the account)

Hello Jesus,
We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. We are sorry for the troublesome experience you've had and your feedback really helps us get better. Other than that we are glad you are enjoying our service, Pigeonly is committed to helping family members stay connected and provide all the resources we can to keep customers connected with their loved ones. Feel free to call us at your earliest convenience any time from M-S 6-4 P.ST. At (800) 323-9895 so we can help you with the process of signing up. Stay well and have a wonderful day.

bridgetl57
February 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

This is a great way to keep in touch and send to your loved one in jail. Unlimited amount of pictures, letters, greeting cards, and postcards! Customize or select for standard ones! Delivered in a timely manor! Reasonable pricing! Cheaper then using other websites! I love pigeonly!

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

HI Bridget, welcome to Pigeonly! We are thrilled that you loved your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words.

krystalw80
September 26th, 2020

This is a very good site fast easy and affordable. I'm glad I came across it! I live in texas and my friend went to jail in kansas nad he gets my mail the same day thank god!

Hi Krystal,
Thank You so much for your review. Glad you are enjoying our service, Pigeonly is committed to helping family member stay connected and provide all the resources we can to keep customers connected with there loved ones. We are pleased that you love the service and are delighted that you are a customer of Pigeonly.

jessicak805
February 28th, 2021

My daughter's dad was recently incarcerated and in a a facility over 4 hours away. We had been buying stamps, envelopes, printing pictures at the store and purchasing bigger envelopes with additional postage as they cost more to send and using their ridiculously expensive phone system and website that had a high number of fee's to be able to talk to him and put money on his commissary. I stumbled across the info for Pigeonly a few days ago and decided we would give it a try and I'm so glad I did! My daughter can send unlimited pictures, letters, postcards and money on his phone from our account, we're not charged ridiculous fee's and the money for calls lasts longer as it's a cheaper rate when you call through Pigeonly. We also save money since we don't have to buy stamps and writing supplies, Its helping my daughter feel better and closer to him and like she can interact with him! We love Pigeonly!

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Hi Jessica, we are so pleased to hear you've had a great time with our company! Thank you for this wonderful review, we praise customer loyalty please give us a call and ask about our three, six, or twelve-month subscriptions and what more we have to offer for you when you get a chance. Unfortunately, some facilities already have a set rate regardless of whether the number is local, out of state, or long distance. Hopefully all else is well!

candicel72
May 24th, 2021

One I hate the fact that you have to wait for one order to finish before starting another. Two I think it takes too long. My order was processed in like 4-5 -days and then another 5-5 for arrival too long in my opinion. Especially since I got the premium. And last but certainly not least actually this is the one that I'm most mad about you have to pay $19.99 per inmate. I thought omce buying this I could writer and send pics to more than one inmate considering my bf and brother are both locked up
So not worth it dissatisfied to say the least.

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Hello Candice, we appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review, but I am sorry to hear you are not pleased with our services, our processing time is about 3-5 days as we send the orders through regular USPS mail. I apologize for any inconvenience but we were experiencing a delay on photo orders, you can send more photos once the first order has been shipped, or you can reach out to us to have your orders reset to be able to send more. It's $19.99, per inmate as each person is not at the same facility and needs their own account, or you might want to have a different plan for every subscription. If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-323-9895, so we can further assist you, thank you for your time.

tashac50
September 2nd, 2020

I found this website by chance. My husband is currently incarcerated and I try to write him at least every few days to help keep morale up. I know how hard it is to stay positive and not feel lost and alone in there when you don't hear from anyone. Im 31 weeks pregnant as well so it's not really all that easy for me to be able to just sit and write to him either due to being so pregnant I get uncomfortable very quickly. It's so much easier to be able to pull my stylus out and type a letter to him instead of trying to write it out. I actually got a letter completed in one sitting this time rather than a few.

Also with it being on my phone I can also copy and paste messages from other people or news articles etc to send to him as well which is really nice. Im not quiet sure about the turn around time or quality of product but it was nice to be able to send a quick custom postcard as well.

Products used:
So far the sending of letters and post cards

cathyc301
March 7th, 2020
• Updated review

Tip for consumers:
Save your money and just use it to send directly to your loved one in prison for commissary or phone privileges

Products used:
Used reduced phone charge service for 799 a month but charged an additional $80 for who knows what? Even The customer rep could not tell me what the charges were for

Hello Cathy,
We acknowledge the feedback you have provided, thank you. We take every claim of unauthorized charges very seriously and make every effort to investigate and rectify the situation. Due to the complicated and sensitive nature of your account, it would be best handled via phone in order to get your ordeal solved once and for all. Feel free to contact an Account Manager M-F 6-6 8003239895 in order to discuss in detail how we would be better able to serve you. Cathy, you are correct if you look into him you will see he was a former convict but you will also find out the difficulty of starting a business as a former convict is. It is ironic that because he was in prison he best understands the target market, however being in prison meant banks and other investors viewed him and his business negatively. Regardless he built a business out of providing prison local phone numbers for families out of state to use. That saves inmates so much money in long-distance calls. Helping the vast majority of inmates that are incarcerated far from their homes and family. Thank you for your review.

Abusing credit card info
March 5th, 2020
• Previous review

Joined pigeon.ly as they promised lowest rates for inmate calls. Surprised to receive first bill which added an additional $19.99 to the $7.99 I subscribed to. Customer rep was going to look in on problem but meanwhile I've received an additional $40 worth of illegal charges.

toshab9
October 24th, 2020

Very affordable option for sending photos and I'm very thankful for the discounted trial month so I have a chance to fully see how the service works. Easy account setup and registration. The entire process was very user-friendly. This was my first order so I can't yet rate the shipping/delivery speed, quality, etc. Hopefully everything goes smooth and they are delivered on Monday (today is Friday) I will try to write another review once delivery has been made. The one thing I would like to see is an app for the service to use on mobile devices.

Tip for consumers:
Take advantage of the discounted trial and the referral bonuses. They really help you get the most value out of the service and keep you in touch with your loved ones.

Photo delivery service

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to speaking with you again.

shacarionnel
October 23rd, 2020

I think pigeon.ly is great overall, I really do. I think it's pretty cool how it's affordable as well; and there's so many options to choose from.The only thing I would say needs work or should be added is a possible font change, that would really make it pop. One more thing that could be added is keeping memories and track of our letters or photos that we send; and I think it'd be freaking awesome if those features were added.

Hi Shacarionne!
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us such a kind review. We look forward to serving you for all your needs. We are also grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review its actually a very new cool and interesting insight. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone thank you.

donnam1490
September 15th, 2020

Only thing I'd like to change is the delivery of mail and having to wait to send. Due to the fact that the post office is slow delivering and the jail staff goes thru it it's 5 plus days until something else can be sent. I like to send more often due to processing time so my inmate can get mail 2 x a week. Can't do that with this service.

melissak275
March 23rd, 2020

This place is so unorganized and inept. They have taken another $90 out of my account unauthorized by me, they have taken money from my account so many times now I can't count. All up approx $180 has been taken and I'm still waiting to get it back. They abuse there position knowing I can do nothing from New Zealand to get a refund. This company should be ashamed of themselves.

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Hello Melissa and thank you the feedback. We take every claim of unauthorized charges very seriously and make every effort to rectify the situation. Due the the complicated and sensitive nature of your accounts it would be best handled via phone in order to get your ordeal solved once and for all. Feel free to contact an Account Manager M-F 6-6 8003239895 in order to discuss in detail how we would be better able to serve you. Thank you.

shavonnep1
November 10th, 2020

It's so awesome to use this. It makes it easier to write letters and to stay connected with your family members who are in jail. Its way better than the other facilities that dont have pigeonly. I believe this is the best way to go. Thanks so much. You guys are a life saver.

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Mrs. P we are more than delighted to have you service with us at Pigeonly, thank you so much for your very kind review. If you need anything from us please do not hesitate to contact our customer service line at 1-800-323-9895.

klarissaf
October 14th, 2020

Simple, fast and affordable way to keep in touch with your incarcerated loved ones. Highly recommend to sign up if haven't already

emilys751
February 10th, 2021

I love how i can easily send photos to my S/O for amazing prices. Im never leaving this app until he gets out.

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

We are incredibly grateful that you have chosen Pigeonly! Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience. Call us to inquire about our current BOGO deals and our 3, 6, 12 month discounted subscriptions! We put customer experience and satisfaction is our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to speaking with you again.

annr423
October 16th, 2020

Your ad listed a price for unlimited calls. Not true! I signed up cuz I NEED to save money. You didn't say I had to pay additional $26 for a number, then more money to add minutes, that is supposed to be unlimited. It's already a hard situation, I'm struggling to pay bills, I don't need to be tricked out of money, just to talk to my loved one! Keep your $20 for the survey! I wouldn't do more business with you.

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

Hello Ann and thank you for the feedback. The discounted rated with our number is unlimited as other companies will increase your rate after minimal use. The minutes still have to replenished when once depleted. Feel free to call an Account Manager, M-S 6-4 P.ST. At (800) 323-9895. We will be happy to discuss in full detail the source of your dissatisfaction and get your issue resolved as soon as possible. Thank you and stay well.

kenedriag
September 16th, 2020

I was hesitant about using this, since I'm so old fashioned and use to mailing everything. I'm really not too computer savvy, but since I‘ve mailed my pictures off twice and they haven't been received, I figured why not give it a try. It only took me about 3 minutes to set up my account and send my photos right on to my hubby! I love it and I didn't even have to leave the house. They even called me to verify it was me, which made me feel more secure and ready to try. I set up a recurring payment acct. Since I will definitely be doing things this way! I love it!

audreyg115
November 4th, 2020

Very impressed abd will use again very soon hope my husband gets and loves the pictures that i sent him

Cortnei H. – Pigeonly Rep

It's a pleasure serving you Audrey. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us. We hope you continue to enjoy our services!

crystalc339
August 20th, 2020

A great easy efficient way to send your loved ones in jail letters or postcards that are homemade with pictures on them also a great way to put money on your phone and send commissary oh in the one-stop-shop website easy to understand anyone can do it... Pic included is an example of a postcard I personally made n sent within minutes!

laurenw396
August 31st, 2020

This is a great way to communicate with your love ones that are in jail. They offer many services such as unlimited letters, phone call options and funding that allows for easier conversation between you and your loved ones that are, let's face it, are probably not in their best state of mind. It also keeps you updated on your loved ones case.

Hello: To all who have suffered multiple, unauthorized charges by Pigeonly. I have submitted all necessary info to classaction.org to initiate a class action suit. My request is being reviewed by lawyers who will let me know if Pigeonly's actions warrant a class suit. You can go to classaction.org to review the process. You may also want to check out the current suits and settlements to see if you qualify as an injured party entitled to a portion of the settlement. If the lawyers decide we have a valid case, they will draft the complaint and file with the appropriate court. The judge must approve the class action before it can go any further; the lawyers will reach out to injured parties, and/or post the suit/settlement on classaction.org, newspapers, etc. If you aren't contacted, please make the effort to join this class action once it's posted. It doesn't require an appearance in any court, nor much of your time. These people are lining their pockets at the expense of so many of us already forced to deal with unfortunate situations. Let's stand together and stop this greedy corporate fraud. Paulashouseboat@gmail.com

By Paula S.
See more answers (6)

I have it and for the first month worked fine now not working so I just went and got a cell # in his area and said forget it not paying for a service that does not work And when you call customer service they keep saying they are working on the issue and it has been 5 days since my first call saying it wasn't working they are letting you get through for about a month then assigning the # to someone else attaching it to that persons number a big, Ole scam do not use them

By Missy P.