Review of Persopo.com

Tel: 1-800-481-9168
support@persopo.com

wolkea
8/8/19

They post lies about me and maybe about you? Or the great person you dropped when you went all creep on them?

Check what they claim to have on you.... is this why you didn't get the job? Or that Tinder date dropped you?

The FTC investigators are looking for a pattern to start class action.
Report here (I think BBB doesn't make a lot of sense)
https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/splash.aspx (FBI)
and here: +18773824357 (FTC)

I'll just copy what I sent to the FBI today. I tried uploading the screenshot several time but sitejabber freezes at 100%.

Provide a description of the incident and how you were victimized. Provide information not captured elsewhere in this complaint form.
I am contacting you because I feel the company I report engages in mass-defamation and shady or illegal practices.

I have a screenshot of the site "deep searching" the web and claiming that they have

- Two marriage/divorce records
- One criminal record
- Four licenses / driving records

on me.

I was never married, I don't have any negative driving record, and I don't have a criminal record.

If they post false information about me, they likely post incorrect information about other citizens as well.

Once people pay, they will probably not get the records because they don't exist. However, most people will not pay and leave the site believing that such records exist.

This is defamation.

I mention this because I feel it's something that might be a matter of public interest.

However, my main concern is that I told them that I am a stalking victim and need them to remove my info soon (how bizarre is it to beg someone to remove lies they post about you?)

I filed a complaint with the BBB on July 20th (BBB CASE#: 9017023) after they refused to remove my data even though I sent them a copy of my ID. They keep referring to an "opt-out process" that isn't working on my browser or so complicated that I'm intellectually not able to follow it.

However, I opted myself out of maybe 20 other sites so that it's safe to say that I can follow a sensible process.

Today, I filed a complaint with the FTC (ID 11019026) who told me to file a complaint with you as well.

Whether I am too stupid, it's an issue with my browser, or it's just not working-any decent company would neither defame people nor refuse to remove data of someone who claims to be a stalking victim after they sent a copy of their ID and filed with the BBB.

Please keep this company from posting false information about me and any other American citizen.

Tip for consumers: Check if they post false info about you and file so that we get the class action on the road.
If you're considering to buy: Don't be creepier than the person who's trust you're about to break. You might lose an opportunity to a lie

emaleel
7/3/19

To begin, they will set up monthly reoccurring payments- you MUST call in to the company to cancel an account. Also, the reports will be inaccurate, only contain minimal info, and sometimes people don't show up at all. Do not join. They do not offer refunds.

kathleens299
4/16/19

I went and did a search. Not only did nothing come up, stuff that came up in a simple Google search didn't come up. Cost was $19.99 for one month. That was February. Then all of the sudden in April, boom, they hit my account for an additional charge, no warning, no authority. I call to cancel, get my $20.00 back .she said I don't get a refund because "they emailed terms and conditions" and that I allegedly agreed to a "monthly charge" . I said why was it more thank 30 days after initial charge, more like 45. I also asked for my monthly billing statement as required BY LAW. She said, we don't do billing statements. I then asked for a supervisor CSR said "supervisors don't take calls" . She was not helpful, raised her voice, talked over me and hung up on me. I informed her that her company violated the FCBA, but she didn't care. Never before treated like this.

Tip for consumers: Don't. They didn't even pull up public data available free on the Web. Scam.

bryanp96
3/19/19

Don't be fooled. This is a scam. After not finding what I was looking for I tried to look up myself. No useful information at all. Couldn't even find my own marriage/divorce records.

jennym171
1/24/19

SCAM SCAM SCAM! Do not, i repeat DO NOT give them your banking information! I called customer service last month to cancel my subscription. I got my bank statement today just for this website to pop up with a charge of $30. I called customer service for the second time and the representative was very rude. He said he would refund my money and send me a cancellation e-mail but so far I have not received an email from them, nor have I received my refund for this month and last month. You give them your bank information and you will have to change your account number because they will charge you each month even though you called to say you want to cancel your subscription.

lynneh65
12/4/18

Unfortunately I used this site right after my parents died to try and find a beneficiary under their will. I would normally have checked reviews first !!
I called and cancelled aftet.getting some info. They did not cancel it and continued to charge me.for another 11 months. They are refusing to reimburse me for the fraudulent charges. STAY AWAY !!!!!

kh163
11/28/18

I BOUGHT PERSOPO AND PUT IN MYSELF AND PEOPLE I KNOW AND ALL THE INFORMATION WAS WRONG. WHEN I CALLED FOR A REFUND, THE AGENT HUNG UP ON ME AND WAS VERY RUDE. THE SECOND AGENT WAS RUDE TO BUT SHE SAID THEY WOULD REFUND ME MY MONEY. HAVE NOT GOT IT BACK YET BUT WE WILL SEE. THEY STATE YOU WILL GET ALL SOCAIL MEDIA REPORTS. NOT TRUE. ALL THE REPORTS GIVE YOU IS NAME AND BIRTHDATE AND A FEW PHONE NUMBERS. IT IS A SCAM.

rlp2
11/16/18

They cloak the fact that they will automatically renew - signed up for one month of worthless info and then they tried to charge me for a second month. Shady, unethical and not worth spit.

dawnh318
10/19/18

The only thing this site does is take your money!!!! Do not even go to their page. Sites like this need to be removed from the internet.

angelican5
9/13/18

Persopo should be shut down! I paid $19.99 and they only give me info that I already knew. I called the customer service the lady that I spoke to sounds like she already memorized everything that she needs to say to a disappointed customer. She said base on what she's seeing on her computer everything is available to view that I just need to restart my laptop, personal computer, my iPhone and work computer in order for me to view the information that she'll be able to view. Yes I used 4 device. WTF! I asked for a full refund but they won't give it to me. For that moment there I already knew it's a scam! I'm so pissed!

I know I don't have a power to shut you down but someday you will all get it! Karma karma karma!!!!!

juneb100
7/21/18

I just wanted to say thank you for the reviews everyone posted. I was about to try thier free trial that costs $20 (sorry $19.93) when I saw that I deleted my info that I had entered, then I got a "congratulations", you get a 5 day trial for just $1.00, so of course I had to try it at that price... I started typing in my information but it wouldn't let me type in my credit card number (thank goodness) so I did try to call the customer service number but got a recording stating that I was calling out of their business hours, on a Saturday (again, thank goodness) then some how I came across the review page and started reading the reviews...I WILL NOT EVER USE THIS SITE, I want to thank everyone who posted a review, had you not taken the time to do, I would have probably waited until Monday and try again....Now I Wont, thanks for giving everyone a big heads up about this site. IThe site won't let me leave a review unless I rate the site, so I'm only giving them 1 star, I'd prefer no star. I hope that others who stumble on to this site find the review pages before they give up all their information

melissan79
7/16/18

Instant results is a lie. You have to wait the 5 day trial or longer to get results. Which means you pay over $30 for nothing. I still have nothing from them and paid over $30. Cancelled today, we'll see if they're done ripping me off yet.

kn37
7/1/18

I am trying to cancel what I signed up for. This site doesn't provide you with anything more than addresses, there is no other information available!! I tried this for my own name and it came up with my address which is public on any site.
should of read the review page that I also couldn't find readily available to me before I signed up with my credit card. FORGET THIS SITE

denisep134
6/15/18

If you REALLY have to check someone out, skip Persopo. You can get more info through Google or the phone book. If you just have to dig into someones life use Been Verified. Persopo is useless.

marief80
6/6/18

I never knew sites like this existed. It was such fun checking up on neighbors and friends. Couple things were out of date or typo'd info added in, but that is to be expected when dealing with Government flunkies. Calling in there was more than a few minutes of hold time, but once getting to someone he was very helpful. I'd definitely recommend for anyone who wants to poke around and have a laugh at what their friends and family have been up to.

ignacios22
5/17/18

Was looking into someone I just met to see if she was hiding anything from me. It showed me a prior marriage, no prior divorces. When I confronted her, she admitted to being married once before, but she was divorced. Why show me 1 and not the other? Either way she lied and we're through, but the conversation was definitely awkward. You guys at least saved me from a dishonest relationship and that's worth thanks enough.

meganp45
5/12/18

Just needed an old phone number for a friend I grew up with, someone recommended Persopo so I gave it a shot. Found my number, thought nothing more of it. Got charged a second time, wondered why so I called. They said point blank, it was a recurring membership I signed up for. I admit I didn't believe them, but the man lead me through the site and it says in plain black and white I agreed to recurring charges. F%^#& me. After that, I asked for mercy and he was kind enough to oblige. I was refunded and was very pleased by the results. I am shocked at the hatred on here. Most of these guys must have been complete jerks to not be given the time of day by this company. I wish more companies operated this way.

Tip for consumers: Read everything you are given, and give respect to get some!

richardr240
3/31/18

The search I did gave me zilch about how to contact the person. It was a huge waste of time. I wish I had read the reviews before getting duped by these scammers.

teedo4
2/12/18

I made the mistake of getting a membership to this site. The first check I did was on myself. I chose the correct name with age, family members, addresses, etc. I was quite surprised when I looked at my criminal history and found that I have been arrested for DUI, and several other crimes all listed under my name with same middle initial, etc. I have actually only had two minor traffic tickets in my life! I checked backgrounds on several family member and friends and found a multitude of inaccuracies, including divorces, and crimes committedall false. This site should be taken down! After about 30 minutes of checking out this site I called and demanded a full refund. The person I talked to was very argumentative but I stood my ground and eventually was told I would be fully refunded, well see.

annet690
1/31/18

Signed up last night. Was able to access first person interest. But, when two family members who have many entries on the net, I was told no info available. I provided my new log info but when entered these names individually a credit card info was once again required as though no account established. When telephoned rep, he was quite curt, abrasive etc. Very poor attitude, snapping back comments. I have never spoken to a rep with an attitude like this. For @ 10 AM I was not looking nor expected to be challenged. Friendly customer service will not be found here!!!!!! Canceled acct in less than 12 hrs. Beware

nancys255
1/2/18

I looked up my fiance it past history it said he was a sex offender which he is not and has never been in trouble for it so I cancelled my service they charged my bank anyway and I called them back and told them I had cancelled they told me I was wrong I lied and never canceled. I finally got them to return my money. They told me that it puts every person with my Vince's name on his records check. The fa t is their misinformation can cause break ups and worse things to happen.

davidb826
12/9/17

upon looking up my own name i saw that they have under my personal info that my past history includes child molestation,never in my life have i ever even thought of doing some sick $#*! like that,these people at persopo belong in jailand i plan on filing a lawsuit for numerous unlawful violations

johnr561
11/9/17

You offer something for free to people responding to your call to action in seeking a background report with no intention of honoring the offer. Your web site clearly states people will get a free background report on any person of their choosing. Well I did what was required so naturally I expected to see a background report which I didn't. No mention was made beforehand about this costing me any money yet you want my credit card number. What exactly does the word "free" mean in your ad offering "free" background reports?
I doubt anyone there will read this review or if so, take it seriously but I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that your ad is misleading and a great disappointment and about all I can expect to get for free is the endless email ads you'll likely be sending to me since you managed to get my email address Thank you for giving me nothing for"free"
Sincerely, JR

annab369
10/14/17

I just called and complained about having an immediate threat by someone needing my information taken down ....every other site with personal addresses and information like that had no issue ...I explain the situation that I am being stalked and need it down now ...their response "well it's not our fault you are being stalked you are gonna have to email us..." well why? With a situation like that it shouldn't be that hard to take my name off I can't believe it idk what to do now because they shouldn't be getting away with that even if it is legal it's morally wrong !

scotth162
9/15/17

Persopo isn't accurate, falsifies ratings in particular KAY POPE Cheyenne Wyoming under no circumstances do business with this lady. Her X husband ran scams with banks in Cheyenne Wyming, KAY POPE ran real estate scams in Denver Colorado and now in Cheynne Wyoming she is formerly with Herman Group Real Estate Cheyenne Wyoming, then Chase / GMAC and now running scams with Coldwell Banker The Property Exchange, Inc. 255 Storey Blvd. Cheyenne, WY 82009

TOXIC individual to trust with real estate sales, purchases and more.

All information on Persopo.com is public record as released by courthouses across the country. All public records websites may only display what has been released as public record. We apologize if you experience any inconveniences.

By Mike M., Persopo.com Representative

Actually, it is sometimes possible to contact CEO's and not all spend their time out on the golf course. Some are actually receptive to customers. I had an issue with ATT which I was not able to resolve after dealing with their reps for months. I located the contact info for their CEO and emailed him and the problem was resolved almost immediately.

By Rob S.

refunded my money right away

By james w.

A: Persopo.com provides access to our database of records on over 320 million Americans. If the information is already in our database, you will be provided the information immediately! If the information has not been previously released to us, we will send an electronic request out to those courthouses whom hold those records and ask they forward them to us. These requests can usually take up to 72 hours to be provided, although that does depend on how quickly that particular courthouse responds to us. Some courthouses do respond much quicker than others. If you have any further questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated customer service line at 1-866-371-2590 for further details!

By Mike M., Persopo.com Representative

Of the six people i checked i did not receive one mention of marrisges or divorces, even though i knew for a fact they all hsd one. When i complained to persopo, they told me calif was one of those states that did not divulge that information. All i got were addresses, which ialready knew. Waste of money.

By Elaine C.

Public records, as provided by courthouses and the many municipalities that house them, sometimes provide them for free and sometimes have a surcharge for processing fees, or the effort to look them up. We are actually a service that compiles public records in one location saving you the hassle of scouring the internet and contacting each courthouse individually, in hopes that they house the record and that it is, in fact, a public record. We are simply a convenient resource for this. We do provide free searches on our website. This is the initial search you can perform to be made aware of whether there is or is not a record available for the person searched for. To view the record returned there is a membership fee. We are not a government entity, just a privately owned company that makes the effort to gather these records for people who are not sure where to go looking for things. You will find that all public searches that are not from a courthouse will always charge some nominal fee to use their services. You may at any time contact the dozens of courthouses that may have records for any one person yourself and see if those records are provided without charge. If you have any other questions or concerns please call customer service directly at 1-866-371-2590 or email support@persopo.com. We have representatives standing by, ready to assist you.

By Mike M., Persopo.com Representative

I Agree, you try a period and the automatically label you as a loser, well, I an mot interested, in all the people I know. I do not need a history card. I am not the gestapo. quit with all this and ban these websites, who are all about ripping people off, or turning Nazi and telling them in no uncertain terms, you are a loser.

By johnathan h.

A: You can call customer service at 1-866-371-2590 during business hours, or you may email anytime to support@persopo.com to request cancellation.

By Mike M., Persopo.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Persopo.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Persopo.com