PeopleWhiz

PeopleWhiz has a consumer rating of 1.17 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. PeopleWhiz also ranks 42nd among Background Check sites. The most common issues with PeopleWhiz are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate PeopleWhiz?

“make sure that you cancel when finished”

William B.
6/16/19

I used peoplewhiz a few months ago and did not read the terms like i should of and was billed $27.99 for the past three months. This month I caught the charge on my credit charge and called them. They reversed the most recent charge and did not give me an sales pitches nor any problems. The monthly charges are on me because I did not look over monthly credit card statement like should of. The reason that i am not giving them 5 stars is that i got a recording when I called and waited for 12 minutes before some one answered.

“Total waste of money”

Rick P.
4/27/20

Not as advertised. Peoplewhiz did not have marriage or divorce records which I easily found on County website. Did not list known Facebook account which should have been easy along with Snapchat and Tinder. After paying $28 for one month you have to pay more to upgrade to a premium account. I called customer service and told them that they missed obvious information and asked for a refund or an upgrade and got no compensation in any way. Total waste of money

rickp197
April 27th, 2020
rachele337
April 30th, 2020
Paid for just one month. It told me and my husband that we had no social media, criminal history. Nothing. The only thing it had was our address. But it offer you another premium package for an extra 20 bucks. I wouldn't even give it one star.
dawna155
March 22nd, 2020
This site should be removed. I ran across it and decided to check to see what it said about me. And just as I thought, they do nothing but deal in trying to make out like your a #1 scumbag criminal. I have never been arrested. A traffic ticket maybe,but not arrested. Get your facts right people. You should be shut down..
dennism839
May 8th, 2020
I attempted a to check on someone --only had outdated information.. could not search for subject under maiden name-do NOT WASTED YOUR MONEY
haroldg81
March 25th, 2020
Very bad and overpriced service. Do not waste your money. They do not offer anything different than the free or $4,99 sites. Cancel your subscription.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your money!

leog85
April 17th, 2020
I used PeopleWhiz to look up my long-lost brother. The site found my brother and said my brother had a criminal record. After I paid $27.99 for a one-month subscription for a report, the report contained only an outdated address that was at least 25 years old, nothing else. If I wanted more information, I would have to pay more money. This is a sleazy way to do business. Less that 24 hours later, I telephoned PeopleWhiz and cancelled my subscription. I was told that my $27.99 would be refunded. I will notify my credit card company. Leo N.
lauras1247
April 7th, 2020
If I could give this site a minus rating I would. I searched my own name first and the only thing they managed to come up with was my address from 25 years ago. That's where the show me currently living. I tried to get my money back and was given a phoney website for customer service.
terryn110
April 27th, 2020
The first month worth of research using PeopleWhiz went ok, lots of useless or incorrect information but I really only needed some of the data provided, still wasted time sorting through the incorrect info...second month did not go as well, I really only got 4 out of 6 requests that were useful. The third month is when I couldn't get a completed report without a request to subscribe again. After several messages/phone calls, they refunded the months subscription and I had to re-subscribe to continue with my project. I completed one search before the subscription request started again. I cancelled my subscription. wasted lots of time for minimal results.
garyh707
March 8th, 2020
I was trying to get information on a relative; I knew what city he lived in and all the other details such as
social security, full name, previous residences and phones. After entering all my information including my
payment info, it took 5 minutes of nonsensical symbols of timers supposedly telling me how much work was going
into the 'search'...what a joke! Even after 5 minutes I only had a animated lighted symbol rotating continuously , no info after 5 more minutes. Gave up and called the contact number where I was told to close my browser and log in again. I did so and finally got 2 addresses, no phone number that was active, and no other info...criminal history was negative. So what I got after 10 minutes and $28 was 2 addresses, total waste for the money.
Save your money and try another more reputable site!
report. Finally gave up after 5 more minutes and called the number provided. Lousy website.
williamb1097
June 16th, 2019
jos202
April 18th, 2020
The first person I searched was myself and there were several names listed as relatives that I didn't know and a person who had stole my identity and stalked me, listed as a relative. I only tried the 5 day trial and they still charged my bank account $29.95 and now waiting for a refund. The only positive was being able to opt out fairly easy, but they want a copy of your driver's license to confirm and to me that's invasion of privacy. They say it's to be sure you are the person wanting to opt out yourself, but who would need to opt out anyone else!
devonb73
May 21st, 2020
every time I use peoplewhiz, you charge me again. That's three times now. Do me a favor and loose my credit card number,OK......You Suck!
daisyy6
February 11th, 2020
I have no complaint with info provided, it was very accurate. However, I signed up for one month, the "recommended" time. When I got my confirmation receipt, it said would be billed monthly until cancelled. I wanted only ONE MONTH. WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!!! Now I am going to have to constantly check my accounts to make sure I am not being charged!
thomasp724
April 12th, 2020
How do I remove this annoying software from my computer? I've gone to their website to no avail. I just want to stop it from popping up everying half hour.
leiz12
March 25th, 2020
This thing is full of lies, I searched my son and it said he has been to jail twice, now if that happened I would know, this site should be shut down.
lisah1214
April 19th, 2020
No crim recs that I knew 2had. I found FB just by searching name, not on report. Premium no new info
magalib3
May 17th, 2020
I was searching myself and the website shows a red box stating there is a criminal record for me, i know this is not true, so immediately i order the report which it shows absolutely nothing and now wants me to pay extra to get more information. $14.99 its what i had paid, I will be reporting this to the BBB.
jaydanc
March 24th, 2020
I'm a kid I searched for my name and it pulled up a 81 year old woman with not even the same first name or last name. This website is not worth it.
carolh618
March 28th, 2020
I put in my own info just to see what it would show. I saw the $1 for 5 days and deliberately used a credit card that i had ALMOST maxed out. I know for a fact that it had like $7 left of available credit so a $1 charge would have gone through. They sent me back a note that said my card was declined and ask for another credit card. So what amount did they actually run or did they have a way of checking available credit? And i double checked my available credit with cc company. Glad i tested them and didnt give them my credit card with lots of available credit. Im always afraid of missing fine print that cost me money. Hope others proceed cautiously.
charlesp700
April 17th, 2020
Save your money. I paid to run a check on me and learned I had marrried a woman I've never heard of.
All the other info is available for free on the net.
I paid 24.95 for a joke. Save your money.
marionh74
April 23rd, 2020
JUST NAME, ADDRESS, NO PROMISED INFORMATION WITHOUT EXTRA PAYMENT, AND NOTHING ELSE, JUST AUTOMATIC ENROLMENT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!

susanw1052
May 1st, 2020
i was checking the background of someone who i suspected was shady and i put name in and this site is horrible. it prompted me with suggrestions that this person had a ciminal record had social media and all i got were names and addresses. i knew that stuff already. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! IM CALLING THE BBB
hks3
February 15th, 2020
DO NOT USE this PeopleWhiiz service. It has been a week and I did not receive my report I paid for, or receive a refund.

I needed information on 2/9/2020, paid for the report and then waited for 15-20 minutes for it to process. It never did, it continued buffering. I called PeopleWhiz and was told there was a glitch in their system; That my order had been cancelled and I would receive a refund on credit card.

2/10/2020 Checked my bank card, no notice or refund received. Called again and was told it would take 4-5 days to process.

2/15/2020 still no refund on my credit card. Called again and was told again there was a glitch in their system, she would process again, and it would take 4-7 days.

DO NOT USE PeopleWhiz. THEY TAKE YIUR MONEY and do not deliver ANY service or report. AND they DO NOT REFUND your money.

All of this is blamed on GLITCHES in their system. They need to halt TAKING YOUR MONEY until they fix the "glitches" in their system and can actually provide a report.
lloydh15
March 21st, 2019
I signed up with people Whiz to do back ground checks on people who signed up to rent my duplex. I paid for a month of their service, then canceled the service. They just kept taking money out of my account. I tried to cancel two more time but they kept taking money out of my account. People whiz is a theif's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically it tells you it's free then let's you know you have to pay. I tried to get my money back to no avail.

By Laura S.