PC Financial

PC Financial has a consumer rating of 3.5 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. PC Financial ranks 32nd among Credit Cards sites.

How would you rate PC Financial?

“Very happy with their MasterCard”

Marto J.
1/28/19

Really happy with the MasterCard. Its used all around the world and works flawlessly. The support is amazing and always ready to help. Collected points could be used for groceries and I believe for travel too. But I am using them for groceries.

“Interac E-Transfer Held Over 48 Hours”

Mark J.
11/21/20

I joined PC Financial to acquire a prepaid credit card for my personal use. I decided to fund my credit card using the move money feature on PCFinancial.ca. I was informed it would take 3-5 business days and I was ok with that. My first 2 transfers were posted to my account within seconds and took about 3-5 business days to be applied to my account. Then on November 12th of this year, I attempted to fund the account again using the same method I previously had. I put through the transfer request as I had done before, but this time noted the transfer had not been posted to my account 24 hours after requesting it. Assuming it had not gone through I requested to transfer the same amount again on November 13th. Again I noted the transfer was not posted to my account 24 hours after requesting it. At this point I contacted customer service to inquire what was going on. They informed me that they were experiencing glitches in the system that were preventing the transfer requests from posting to my account, but that they had in fact received both requests. At this point I formally requested that they cancel the transfer request on November 13th, in order for me to avoid an insufficient funds fee from my bank(the funding source). Flash forward to November 16th and finally the two funding requests had been posted to my account. After contacting customer service again, I again requested that the November 13th transfer request be cancelled. I was also informed that since the request had been posted on the 16th that they would be held for 3-5 business days starting on the 16th. A couple of days later I received an email from my bank informing me that a transfer request had been reversed and that I owed $45 dollars for an insufficient funds fee... Needing to pick up some items from the store on the 21st of November I tried to have the 6 business day hold of my funds from November 12th lifted, but after speaking with supervisor Elizabeth she seemed combative and confrontational and was of no help. She even attempted to smoke screen me. She informed me that I should have used an e-transfer which automatically applies funds to my PC financial Mastercard. I decided to try it out and transferred $60 to my PC Mastercard. I waited a couple of minutes and logged in to my account to see the results. The funds were showing up as pending, which was contrary to what supervisor Elizabeth had stated. I again contacted customer service for the umpteenth time and spoke with Kelly who stated that even thought the funds were showing up as pending in my account that they were in fact available for use. So I made my way down to the store and picked up about $54 dollars worth of household goods and made my way to the cash. After scanning the items I tried to speed tap my Mastercard for payment. It would not work. I would only get the first green bar and it would not process. I tried to swipe the card, and again it would not work. Next I tried to insert the chip in an attempt to use the pin I had registered upon validating and activating my card and again the card was declined. This time the cash register spit out a declined receipt. Upon returning home I contacted customer support yet again, and was informed that they were now holding my Interac e-transfer. Repeat they were holding my Interac e-transfer. Within minutes I received confirmation from my bank that the Interac e-transfer has been deposited into my PC Money Account. I would like to state that it says clear as day in the PC Financial FAQ webpage, that even though e-transfer funds show up as pending in your account they are available for use immediately. Clearly this is not the case at PC Financial. I was told the same information by a PC Financial supervisor and CSR agent yesterday, but had my PC Mastercard declined at the store upon attempting a purchase, my very first purchase with the PC Master Card. Just to clarify, today I was informed by a CSR who stated there was no issue with my credit card but that they were simply holding my Interac e-transfer till Monday and my bank transfer which should be held for only 3-5 business days is now on it's 8th business day of hold and 12th day all together. It is now 48 hours since initiating the Interac e-transfer and my funds are still being held. PC Financial is hands down the worst financial institution I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with. I would recommend avoiding them at all costs as they are riddled with incompetence...

martoj
January 28th, 2019
markj548
November 21st, 2020

Questions? Get answers from the PC Financial staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PC Financial?

Have a question about PC Financial?