Public Broadcasting Service

Public Broadcasting Service

Public Broadcasting Service has a consumer rating of 2.36 stars from 18 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Public Broadcasting Service also ranks 160th among Education Other sites.

How would you rate Public Broadcasting Service?

“Very grateful”

Rusty J.
9/2/20

Like most Americans our family is broke in barley gets by we have no cable in a box tv we got for free after making a antenna with wire in a nail pbs kids came in our kids immediately fell in love with arthur in pink Alishis ready jet go Xavier riddle in the secret museum in the rest I can't think of me and my wife are extremely grateful for the free programs you offer in wanted to say thank you for all that you do

“Public Brainwashing System”

david g.
4/18/20

Liberal biased Public Brainwashing System. Will not allow my daughters to be brainwashed by this station.

davidg278
April 18th, 2020
rodrigod5
December 27th, 2016
PBS offers unique documentaries and detailed reports of current affairs. I love NOVA, Nature and occasionally Frontline. However, what I can't comprehend is that lately my local PBS station airs reruns of boring British sitcoms that even the Brits don't watch. Why not Mr Bean or Baldy Man or the good ol' Benny Hill Show? No, PBS reruns garbage like "The Last of the Summer Wine" and similar. I would have given 5 starts but those outdated, boring, never been fun sitcoms just made me take one star off.
cv79
August 27th, 2020
During the RNC they made sure to ask opinions from almost all left leaning journalists.
It is obvious what they want you to think.
I will never support PBS until they are politically neutral. In fact I will actively try to make sure they do not receive any public funds from the government.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to see only one side.

jamesl1277
February 8th, 2020
CNN style fake news, anti trump reporting. A waste of my tax payer money. PBS news needs a new host, they should dump fake news Judy.
rustyj8
September 2nd, 2020
meresr
Meres R.
May 14th, 2020
The racism in PBS and Masterpiece is starting to surface.. They have really good programs but no variety of race and nationality. And the few shows that dare to pepper-in races (such as blacks) as main characters (such as Sanditon and Mercy Street), don't get past the first season, don't even get to finish their story, or are portrayed as racial stereotypes. I'm starting to see a pattern and will be pulling my funding until I see different.

These networks/channels have so much potential. But the racism, classism, nationalism, and other ungodly and unjust "isms" control them, and it shows. I know they'll respond by saying, "What do you mean? We have all of these black/Latin/Asian docuseries...". But it's nothing but "Segregation Entertainment". They make sure to keep us separate & pacified. So predictable.

PBS, your slip is showing.
bennyr21
December 31st, 2019
Here's a perfect example of a public radio/news gone rogue has completely gone bias to what we consider the teeth state AKA the left wing media media That has completely Coordinate it with the upper echelon of the elite system to protect itself at the expense of the public yet they spout out there hypocrisy For their own interests but Tells us the public 8 for our best interests and our benefit. I will fight tooth and nail to make sure my public funds do not find these tyrannical deep state media This also includes NPR news. I am highly disappointed because these guys have completely shown their true colors after trump's election.
urbans27
December 28th, 2019
$#*! PBS! They take your money and then send you on a wild gooose chase just to get what you paid for! $#*! THEM
petere46
January 12th, 2017
The service offers various programmes/videos/articles on things and events that could be of interest. Has minuses as every mass-media resource, but its good.
debram2
November 26th, 2010
I use this website often during the year while I'm homeschooling. The videos offered for online streaming are quite wonderful - engaging, informative, and educational.
jiml523
December 22nd, 2019
PBS News Hour is as bad as CNN with all all the fake news. The host is totally anti Trump. Its one hour of leftest propaganda. The program needs a new host that will report on both sides Democrats and Republicans equally with the good and the bad.
mountains1
November 20th, 2019
Honestly, I am stunned and flabbergasted by some of these reviews.

PBS is the pinnacle of American mainstream television. It gave us everything from Mr. Rogers to Masterpiece Theatre to McNeill-Lehrer.

If Fox News is P.S. 101 -- then PBS is Choate Rosemary Hall or Phillips Andover.

Elevate your tastes and sphere of reference, my fellow Americans -- join me at PBS.

Five stars for you, Public Broadcasting Serivce.
danl436
August 27th, 2020
JUDY NEEDS TO STOP INJECTING HER PERSONEL VIEWS, WE DO NOT CARE WHAT SHE THINKS ABOUT THE PRESIDENT AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. SHE NEEDS TO BE NUTURAL. I MAY STOP MY SUPORT.OF PBS.

SHE
cherylj106
August 7th, 2019
This is the most horrid excuse of a children safe network that I have ever seen. It insults parents by broadcasting sexual content, promoting homosexuality to endanger the minds and the safety of our children and yet expect us to fund them? I think NOT! Fully disgusting and distasteful programming sneaking into the minds of our children while we are fixing dinner! How dare you PBS? That is NOT your place in our children's lives!
anonymousm461
May 14th, 2019
This was my favorite cartoon as a child and still love it as an adult. But, I have now changed my mind! It is disgusting that they are promoting gay men and lesbians in their new season. This is more than inappropriate!
nancyj210
August 5th, 2019
Seems like you are taking a very strong political stance rather than providing all pertiny infory for your viewers.
jerryg131
July 18th, 2018
Do Not Ever Donate Any Money to PBS You Will Not be able to Cancel Your Donation Payment.

I tried to find a way to cancel my recurring passport donation to PBS. After two fruitless hours on the PBS website, and not finding a way to cancel my account, hidden in an obscure page buried in their website, I found a statement on PBS saying I CANNOT cancel my donation! It said ONLY my local PBS station can cancel it. Frustrated, I wrote an email to the person in charge of donations and cancelations asking to cancel my donation. But I got no reply. After a few days, I wrote a second email. Again I got no reply. It has been two weeks since I wrote these emails, and I have still not received any response, much less a cancelation. PBS has the MOST unethical, inconsiderate, greedy and scamming method on the internet for stealing peoples money and preventing customers from canceling their donation. My bank says I will have to cancel my credit card in order to prevent PBS from further embezzlement of my money. Id have to order another card - delete that card from all my other (ethical) accounts and resubmit my new credit account number to them. PBS/KARMA in Colorado and the US Is BAD KARMA!
donnal13
November 16th, 2011
PBS is a trusted name among parents, for decades it has entertained children with informative and entertaining programming. PBS website is an awesome resource for children to learn while having fun. PBS Parents is a resource for parents to help their children browse the web safely, to help them learn and grow. It has a expert Q&A section for parents where they can seek advice. It also publishes videos, offers special discounts to parents on selected PBS sponsors, the website also publishes a newsletter.

Only paid channels such as HBO, AE and the like hold a candle to PBS.

By Mountain S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Public Broadcasting Service staff and other customers.

Watch full episodes of your favorite PBS shows, explore music and the arts, find in-depth news analysis, and more. Home to Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, NOVA, PBS Newshour, Masterpiece and many others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Broadcasting Service?

Have a question about Public Broadcasting Service?