Public Broadcasting Service

Public Broadcasting Service

Public Broadcasting Service has a consumer rating of 2.07 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Public Broadcasting Service ranks 382nd among Education Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 11.1%
How would you rate Public Broadcasting Service?

“Very grateful”

Rusty J.
9/2/20

Like most Americans our family is broke in barley gets by we have no cable in a box tv we got for free after making a antenna with wire in a nail pbs kids came in our kids immediately fell in love with arthur in pink Alishis ready jet go Xavier riddle in the secret museum in the rest I can't think of me and my wife are extremely grateful for the free programs you offer in wanted to say thank you for all that you do

“Items ordered from their catalog in February STILL not here, with the reorder date continually moved”

Karen E.
7/6/21

I ordered a dvd/cd library storage unit back in February (it is now July). I call faithfully to check on this cabinet as it is the only place you can order it from. First they inadvertently cancelled my order so those that did arrive for shipment, one of which should have been mine, went out to others. I discovered THEIR error, they corrected it with free shipping. Free shipping doesn't matter a great deal when they never ship the item and keep moving the date of shipping out month by month. I wonder if I'll ever get this item and if they are going to pay me interest on the money they have for the item I've yet to see. This is my last order with this place. Think twice before ordering!

karene969
July 6th, 2021

I ordered a dvd/cd library storage unit back in February (it is now July).

This is my last order with this place. Think twice before ordering!

Tip for consumers:
Think long and hard if they back order something. They may tell you it will arrive promptly, but months and months and months later, they are still backordering it....

Products used:
STILL waiting for the product to show!

meresr
Meres R.
May 14th, 2020

The racism in PBS and Masterpiece is starting to surface.. They have really good programs but no variety of race and nationality. And the few shows that dare to pepper-in races (such as blacks) as main characters (such as Sanditon and Mercy Street), don't get past the first season, don't even get to finish their story, or are portrayed as racial stereotypes. I'm starting to see a pattern and will be pulling my funding until I see different.

These networks/channels have so much potential. But the racism, classism, nationalism, and other ungodly and unjust "isms" control them, and it shows. I know they'll respond by saying, "What do you mean? We have all of these black/Latin/Asian docuseries...". But it's nothing but "Segregation Entertainment". They make sure to keep us separate & pacified. So predictable.

PBS, your slip is showing.

rustyj8
September 2nd, 2020

joycer260
January 12th, 2021

You can deny that you did not know or share your Attorney, Michael Beller's affiliation with the radical left democratic party and hatred of us 75 million Trump supporters, but contrary to what you might think, we are not stupid. We have seen through your one sided agenda for a long time. Michael Beller should be locked up for his terrorist remarks against Americans and most especially the threats about blowing up our White House and threats of abusing our children. You have lost our support and respect forever because we love America and the freedom it stands for. Shame on you for throwing us under the bus! What a bunch of LOOSERS you are!

lelam27
July 12th, 2021

I lived in BSL, MS and worked in NOLA for 5 years. On Neutral Ground taught me a lot. It's long past time for people to move into the present and treat all ones with respect and justice. I felt shame for the deluded white supremacists. The last couple of years have been transformative, though there's a long way to go. Let's hope that we all pay attention and try to grow in tolerance.

davidg278
April 18th, 2020

Liberal biased Public Brainwashing System. Will not allow my daughters to be brainwashed by this station.

marinab100
January 24th, 2021

I remember long ago when my family were actually listening to PBS. We used to donate to this station too. These days are long gone. They are also heavily subsidized by tax payer money and supposed to be bipartisan, but that is just a joke. It is strongly dominated by extreme left, divisive and absurd views.

jeremiahk41
March 21st, 2021

Right or left! How can you shame someone or air something that is bashing ANY Commander and Chief?

YOUR RIGHT!

Products used:
I watched PBS for a short minute until "President Shaming" became a thing. I don't care who the Commander and Chief is, I do not stand fore this. The president of the United States should be respected (good or bad) and NO network should be the ones to sway ANYONES views. I will NOT watch PBS again and will speak with my friends and family to not watch PBS again. Absolutely DISGUSTED!

leslier392
May 17th, 2021

When I was 12 I went to my first slumber party. All the other girls there were Christians. Billy Graham came on tv. So, we had to watch. He came on and said, all people with epilepsy are possessed by the devil! Everyone there turned around and stared at me. I left and walked several miles home in my night gown. I cryed the whole way home. I didn't go back to school for two weeks. I never really got over it. I hate Billy Graham! When will we wake up, and stop giving our money and time and worship to these foneys?! There all a pack of liars! They steal for a living and make great money. What a bunch of fools!

None!

cv79
August 27th, 2020

During the RNC they made sure to ask opinions from almost all left leaning journalists.
It is obvious what they want you to think.
I will never support PBS until they are politically neutral. In fact I will actively try to make sure they do not receive any public funds from the government.

Tip for consumers:
Be prepared to see only one side.

PBS CHANNEL

jamesl1277
February 8th, 2020

CNN style fake news, anti trump reporting. A waste of my tax payer money. PBS news needs a new host, they should dump fake news Judy.

rodrigod5
December 27th, 2016

PBS offers unique documentaries and detailed reports of current affairs. I love NOVA, Nature and occasionally Frontline. However, what I can't comprehend is that lately my local PBS station airs reruns of boring British sitcoms that even the Brits don't watch. Why not Mr Bean or Baldy Man or the good ol' Benny Hill Show? No, PBS reruns garbage like "The Last of the Summer Wine" and similar. I would have given 5 starts but those outdated, boring, never been fun sitcoms just made me take one star off.

bennyr21
December 31st, 2019

Here's a perfect example of a public radio/news gone rogue has completely gone bias to what we consider the teeth state AKA the left wing media media That has completely Coordinate it with the upper echelon of the elite system to protect itself at the expense of the public yet they spout out there hypocrisy For their own interests but Tells us the public 8 for our best interests and our benefit. I will fight tooth and nail to make sure my public funds do not find these tyrannical deep state media This also includes NPR news. I am highly disappointed because these guys have completely shown their true colors after trump's election.

petere46
January 12th, 2017

The service offers various programmes/videos/articles on things and events that could be of interest. Has minuses as every mass-media resource, but its good.

lul23
April 30th, 2021

Watch some of your news and they are totally biased. You only show the side that favors your agenda and leave out the rest. You yourselves are a propagation machine.

debram2
November 26th, 2010

I use this website often during the year while I'm homeschooling. The videos offered for online streaming are quite wonderful - engaging, informative, and educational.

urbans27
December 28th, 2019

$#*! PBS! They take your money and then send you on a wild gooose chase just to get what you paid for! $#*! THEM

clydem166
July 4th, 2021

I didnt realize the 4th was seperated by race i used to donate but not anymore one nation under god is what i remember as a veteran not seperated by race

jiml523
December 22nd, 2019

PBS News Hour is as bad as CNN with all all the fake news. The host is totally anti Trump. Its one hour of leftest propaganda. The program needs a new host that will report on both sides Democrats and Republicans equally with the good and the bad.

danl436
August 27th, 2020

JUDY NEEDS TO STOP INJECTING HER PERSONEL VIEWS, WE DO NOT CARE WHAT SHE THINKS ABOUT THE PRESIDENT AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. SHE NEEDS TO BE NUTURAL. I MAY STOP MY SUPORT.OF PBS.

SHE

cherylj106
August 7th, 2019

This is the most horrid excuse of a children safe network that I have ever seen. It insults parents by broadcasting sexual content, promoting homosexuality to endanger the minds and the safety of our children and yet expect us to fund them? I think NOT! Fully disgusting and distasteful programming sneaking into the minds of our children while we are fixing dinner! How dare you PBS? That is NOT your place in our children's lives!

adz1
January 12th, 2021

They receive tax money and they use it to indoctrinate our children, I deleted our PBS kids games from devices and cancelling Amazon prime, which shows PBS kids shows.
WATCH - PBS Principal Counsel Michael Beller - https://youtu.be/t1r2rdmWsPE

anonymousm461
May 14th, 2019

This was my favorite cartoon as a child and still love it as an adult. But, I have now changed my mind! It is disgusting that they are promoting gay men and lesbians in their new season. This is more than inappropriate!

mountains1
November 20th, 2019

Honestly, I am stunned and flabbergasted by some of these reviews.

PBS is the pinnacle of American mainstream television. It gave us everything from Mr. Rogers to Masterpiece Theatre to McNeill-Lehrer.

If Fox News is P.S. 101 -- then PBS is Choate Rosemary Hall or Phillips Andover.

Elevate your tastes and sphere of reference, my fellow Americans -- join me at PBS.

Five stars for you, Public Broadcasting Serivce.

nancyj210
August 5th, 2019

Seems like you are taking a very strong political stance rather than providing all pertiny infory for your viewers.

Only paid channels such as HBO, AE and the like hold a candle to PBS.

By Mountain S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Public Broadcasting Service staff and other customers.

Watch full episodes of your favorite PBS shows, explore music and the arts, find in-depth news analysis, and more. Home to Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, NOVA, PBS Newshour, Masterpiece and many others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Broadcasting Service?

Have a question about Public Broadcasting Service?