OnlineBookClub.org reviews

Contact Us

10 reviews with 4 stars

karenu34
8/19/19

OnlineBookClub is a book-lovers community for sure. Reviewing books for OBC is very fun and I appreciate the work of the editors who give very constructive feedback, allowing reviewers to improve their craft and feel that their work is worthwhile. The community is thriving with people who genuinely enjoy chatting about books, authors, writing, and other topics, and it helps one feel welcome. I don't participate in forum discussions too much, but when I do, I definitely enjoy being there.

kelvino14
7/24/19

Sticks to their word and has been the only one so far that had allowed me to download their books and then get to review it. The most interesting part is getting paid. Wow! Just follow their instructions and all would be fine.

wasis
7/2/19

It's a good site for book lovers they can find all books from all over the worldwide from this site.

paulk613
6/19/19

The Onlinebookclub.org is a site that has earned my respect over time. It is on this site that I have developed my reading skills and rejuvenated my attitude towards reading.
Their gifts and review payments are guaranteed so long as one plays within the rules. The site is one of the few sites that are legit. Congrats for the Amazon gift pack. I have won several of these and they have been quite helpful.

ameliag53
3/5/19

This site absolutely does what it says. If you invest your time, you can read some great books for free while meeting some wonderful book-lovers. If you join the review team and follow instructions, you absolutely can access the benefits promised (including financial benefits). I made $50 reviewing books in February and I enjoyed it! I also was lucky enough to win one of their $20 Amazon daily drawings on top of that. None of these financial benefits were offered in exchange for this review, which was freely and voluntarily given with absolutely no incentives of any kind. The site isn't easy or intuitive to use, however, so it takes time, trial and error, and a little bit of resilience to get to the best parts of the site as well as to begin earning those financial benefits. It's enjoyable enough to be worth it for me, and I would encourage those interested to check it out.

victorias215
11/23/18

I have been reviewing for OnlineBookClub for a few months now. I have received $65 for my reviews and I recently won one of the daily drawings (a $20 Amazon gift card). At first, I was worried that it was too good to be true ("get paid $5-$60 per book review"), but after I received my first payment (and all other payments on time except one, which was then resolved), my concerns went away.

I would love to be a book reviewer as my main job, but I simply do not have the time to devote to it right now. It is a point-based system--the more points you have, the higher level you are, the more access you have to more books and higher paying reviews. Don't be fooled--it takes work to rise the ranks, including having access to social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and communicating with other reviewers to get more comments on your reviews. It isn't considered an easy job, if you want to make a career out of it, but it is a unique system to keep all of the reviews honest. Once you've done the work to get your points, it is quite easy to maintain.

I recommend setting up an account with Grammarly to make sure there are no grammar errors--they do deduct points from each review for such mistakes. Luckily, only the 30 most recent reviews count towards your score, so if you have low scores in the beginning, you can get them replaced.

I only have one complaint. Reviewers are instructed to give short private blurbs to prove that they read the entire book, but authors do not understand that blurbs are not complete reviews. When a dispute happens, the author automatically wins and the reviewer is deducted 20 points. Luckily, there are plenty of users that offer advice on preventing future disputes and are willing to help you get a higher rating.

Overall, I enjoy the many books I've read for free with OBC. I have exceeded my reading goal for the year and didn't have to pay for a good portion of the books because a free copy of the book is often the payment, with the monetary payment listed as a bonus. I like the community and exposure to books I otherwise would not have heard of, much less read.

justine63
11/11/18

Has a lot of cool features, a bit more reliable to discuss books here than with friends in real life simply because there is always someone to talk with.

shasf
11/5/18

OnlineBookClub.org is an affordable platform for first-time authors to stir awareness of their books and get their titles out there in the market. It provides an opportunity and the much-needed push for new authors in a very crowded publishing industry. It is open to a wide range of books which are fun, entertaining, informative and helpful, especially books that promote positive values, thoughts and actions. Like all businesses, the platform can still be improved further. But its growth over the years attests to its viability as a promotional platform for new authors. I hope it gets to help more authors and gets to address whatever challenges it faces in expanding its reach and influence.

kingsleym1
10/8/18

At first glance I thought online book club was one of those fake website but I was wrong. I came to discover that online book club is a great site for scholars to share and gain more ideas and to be come good professionals in their. I will be great as far as this online book club is concern.

nadinek5
3/25/17

I've been a lover of literature all my life and an OBC reviewer for almost two years now. I initially waited before participating because I wanted to be clear on all the rules, FAQs, and get more feedback about the site from other users. After doing so, once I started participating in book discussions and adding books I've read to my shelves, I started to enjoy myself.

It's hard work writing quality book reviews, and being an OBC member serves as a good challenge for me as a reviewer. I understand that my OBC reviews are only for posting on the OBC site, which is a little different for someone who regularly cross-posts her non-OBC reviews. However, directing fellow readers over to my OBC reviews via social media (and sometimes my blog) has been a pretty good way for me to share about books I've found on the site.

Although I've not always gotten the most timely response when I've submitted an error report on the site, I do appreciate the site's latest updates. It's even easier now for me to select books in the genres I prefer, and even then, if I find I'm not enjoying a book I selected, I can opt out of reading it and go back to select something else. While, naturally, some books have disappointed me or simply haven't been my favorites, I've also found some superbly-written novels and memoirs with powerful messages on the site, books that I likely wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., OBC Marketing Services Representative

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

By Scott H., OBC Marketing Services Representative

No, it is not a scam. It is a real way for authors to get their book read, reviewed, shared, and publicized. It is also a real way for people to get paid to do book reviews and to earn/win some Amazon gift cards legitimately.

By Sara G.

If you write a book review for onlinebookclub.org, you must follow their guidelines. Some of them are writing a short summary, answering - What did you best like/least like about the book and why? - rating the book, etc. Each review is checked for grammar and if it followed the guidelines by an editor, and then it will be published, and the reviewer is awarded points and paid. Each review must be at least 400 words. Look on the website under guidelines to get all of the requirements for writing reviews.

By Sara G.

As a reviewer. I'm not looking to make a fortune but if it works out then I won't need to find a part time job. I'm interested in good books not "50 shades of grey" .

By Lorain D.

I think that this is a great way to get a book publicized and read by many online book club members, as many of them also will use social media to share the book. It is quite an amazing opportunity for authors, as well as book reviewers.

By Sara G.

Marietta, did you get this worked out on your review count? I am shopping for a service like this and your question you posted has me pausing. Thanks!

By Marina C.

A lot of people read book reviews. I have seen thousands of comments under one review.

By Susmita R.

You sign up online and start reading and reviewing books. Be sure to read the guidelines and rules. The first book review will be unpaid.

By Sara G.

A book reviewer starts out about $5.00 for a review after doing one free review to show that you can follow the guidelines. As you do more and get on higher levels, there will be higher paid book reviews offered to you. The paid reviews are from $5.00 to $55 on the average. There have been a few higher-paid ones if you are on level six and choose those. Most of the books are ebooks through Kindle Amazon. Some are paperbacks that you get to keep.

By Sara G.
Questions? Get answers from the OnlineBookClub.org staff and other customers.

18 Photos for OnlineBookClub.org