Review of One.com

20190
management@one.com

jessicas195
10/17/16

Like many others, I went for their free one year web domain, with their promises of "no strings attached" "Money back guarantee - no questions asked" "No hidden fees". As a freelancer, I set a company up with a free domain and used my own name to initially set up the domain. The company never switched the info to their name and never used the services. Suddenly I am getting harassed by One.com since it's been a year and I owe them $36 some plus a $12 late fee. I figured like most free trials, if unused/unpaid for, they just cancel your account and that's that. Not keep it open and continually come after you for late payments. Granted, perhaps in the fine print they mentioned that you had to cancel 30 days before the expiration period or get charged, but it's still a super shady business model. They are profiting from other's misfortune with their shady services. After contacting them, they did offer to remove the late fee but had very little remorse, and when I tried to pay, my credit card held the payment due to potential fraud by Chase. Way to go, One.com. There website was easy to use, but their business practices are terrible.

larryg61
4/18/16

At the time I signed up for this site all basic web service was completely free. I am assuming in a nice semi-hidden way they let me know that if I didn't cancel this "trial" that I would be billed. I took no action on my account. Never used their web building service. And soon forgot about them. Went to their site as a learning experience on website building. So 6 months later I received a bill for $30+, and additional 12.99 late notice fee. No phone support is offered to discuss issues with them. A complete disconnect. So we went back and forth with emails and in the end they had no sympathy. No one should pay for a service that was not used. Companies get paid once a service is actually used, no freebies for businesses. And get a phone. You're supposed to be a professional business.

odettek
3/19/15

Cheap as chips, all up and running in no time at all. A fully functional website, domain and unlimited email addresses all within about 24 hours and for about a Tenner ! Seriously impressed with that but......... my attempt to receive support was not great. Support is there via chat and they do respond but.... not really helpful or able to help. Thankfully I resolved the problem well sort of. I switched on spam filer on email and found out by someone informing me that mail was bouncing. one.com support were pretty useless and never got back to me. Thankfully I realised that the spam filter was the only change, switched it off and voila was receiving mail once more. Never heard back from support at all as for some reason unbeknown to me they had to escalate my issue to some other technical department blah blah blah.. and you and I know that means passing the buck ! It may have been a bit of a catastrophe had they not come back to me and had my incoming emails continued to bounce !!! If you can provide your own support and fingers crossed it keeps running then its great. If you are less tech savvy and need any help, .beware. Fingers crossed all ticking over nicely again. oooo and unlimited email addresses is a nice addition as is free https security cert . I may give tech support another try just to see if it gets any better.

hayleeb1
12/9/14

Such a fraud. Shouldn't be allowed on the internet. Waste of my time.

grens1
7/25/14

If your looking to set up a web site with very little cost, then try this company. Easy to use, with templates, your up and running in no time. You can have loads of email addresses. Everything is there to help you

andym
6/19/09

dont give you any real info hides real details con

rogerb
3/18/09

automatically renewing of contracts - Both myself and the OFT think that the "terms and conditions" of "one.com", to automatically renew the contract of a web site, if the buyer does not cancel 35 days prior to end of said contract is not to the customers benefit. Myself and many others have fallen into debt by their ability to bury this fact in their small print. Also their debt company in Denmark, even though an email address is given, does not reply to any emails sent to them and make it most difficult to pay the demands from them. WEBSITE PURCHASES BE VERY AWARE OF ONE.COM's "TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

user401
3/18/09

Automatically renewing of contracts - Both myself and the OFT think that the "terms and conditions" of "ONE.COM" to AUTOMATICALLY RENEW a contract for a website, if the buyer does not cancel the contract 35 DAYS PRIOR to the end of said contract, IS NOT TO THE CUSTOMERS BENEFIT. Myself and many others have fallen into debt by this CONCEALED TRICK in their contract. Also their DEBT company in DENMARK does not reply to questions sent to the email address provided and make things most difficult to pay the demands from them. WEB SITE PURCHASES BE VERY AWARE OF THEIR "TERMS AND CONDITIONS".

Questions? Get answers from the One.com staff and other customers.

One.com?