Review of Omnimap

Tel: +1-336-227-3748
inquiries@omnimap.com

michaelg135
12/27/18

I ordered a large quantity of maps, which had to be special ordered from abroad. A delivery time of 3 weeks was given. I finally cancelled the order after 3 mos. of waiting. At least they don't charge the credit card until and unless the items are actually shipped.
My general opinion of OMNI is that they pose as professionals, but are really con artists. Just like their parent company, Eastview they purport to offer a wide variety of maps and atlases, but many turn out to be unavailable.

kimj159
10/2/18

I ordered two maps from Omnimap.com. One came after not too long, and the other was on back order until after I returned from my trip a month or two later. Before I left on my trip I emailed them and asked them to cancel my order for the second map and refund my money. No response. After I received the second map (which was after I returned from my trip) I emailed and called them several times to ask them how I can return the map and never received a response.

susannal8
3/27/18

I ordered two maps - a state map and a city map. I wanted to first get them delivered to my place, so I could personally ship them out to my family overseas so they could take a look at the maps while they planned their trip to visit me in my state. It took exactly two months from the order date for these two maps to get delivered.

Within those two months, I got tired of waiting for my Omnimap order, so I ordered the exact same/similar maps from Amazon, which arrived at my place in three or so days with no special treatment from Amazon, I just chose the cheapest shipping option. Then, I mailed those maps abroad to where my family lives and they received that shipment, which was by SEA, about two weeks later. So it took less time to do all that, than to receive two maps from Omnimaps in North Carolina.

I can see that Omnimaps may pull through eventually, but you're going to have better luck receiving your maps in a timely fashion if you search a bit harder online or go to Amazon.

erins89
11/2/17

I contacted omnimap to purchase over $100 worth of maps, and I received e-mails that were condescending, patronizing, mocking things I had stated, and flat out disrespectful.

When I went to report the representative, I found out that he was the manager.

I would give them a zero if I could. Definitely don't purchase maps through them.

alm498
4/26/17

A few years ago I ordered an obscure map of Sweden and got a "not in stock" email. OK for a time but the map was never in stock, though listed online. On to this year, I ordered two copies of a California wine map. Email acknowledgment. Period. No maps. No replies to emails including to the president of Omnimap. Frankly, as they've got my credit card number but don't fulfill orders, I can't tell the difference between Omnimap and a scammer.

dand149
4/20/17

Ordered map from them. Four days later no shipping. Emailed for shipping date, no reply. Will not return again. Not shipped after 4 days is ridiculous.

jamesb8
10/11/16

OmniMap is the website of OMNI Resources, a map distributor in Burlington, NC, specializing in detailed and hard-to-find maps of various places in the USA and other countries. WARNING: don't confuse this company with Omni Resources (website: omniresources.com), a tech-project consulting group. OmniMap also offers bicycle guides, for those intending to travel by bike and wanting a little more detailed information on the places theyll be seeing en route. Other items on offer include historical maps, relief maps, topographical maps, flags, pins, globes, postcards and so on.

The website design is not the best (I found the Search feature difficult to work with), but can be managed with a little trial-and-error effort. The order process is fairly straigntforward. Communication with the company (via Contact Us) may be by mail, phone, or email.

I marked my review down a point because the company failed to respond to my email, requesting a status update on my order (the departure time for my trip was getting close, and I wanted to know if my maps had shipped or not: as it turned out, they arrived in time, and I was able to use them on my trip). Otherwise, I found the service satisfactory.

masonm37
4/28/16

This is n amazing company. They have the biggest selection of raised relief maps I have ever seen in a single store. They have basically all the available USGS 1:250,000 quads, plus some rare ones. They also have foreign maps, state maps, world maps, and much more. The website is easy to navigate and they do a good job explaining their products. One issue is that their index map for the 1:250,000 quads is out of date with regards to availability. Other than that, it is great!

Questions? Get answers from the Omnimap staff and other customers.

Omnimap?