Review of Google Maps

Mountain View, California 94043, United States
Tel: +45 33 70 26 00

eval75
6/26/19

I use Google Maps all the time. It is very helpful with directions to a location and telling you how many miles and how long time wise to where you are going leaving from any location. I have made several maps for information in my state like cemeteries, cold cases and plan to make a few more. There are plenty that others have made and are very helpful having information about a particular subject in one location on a map so you can plan a route from that map if you so desire.

emilyb241
8/8/18

I use this way more then any other "maps" website or app because google maps is always up to date with knew things. I personally travel a lot so google maps really helps me out.

adrianl70
7/23/18

It helps to find any location to reach, very easy to use, give companies' information, helps to know the right route to home. best ever app.

raneea
Ranee A.
7/22/18

I use to be all about Google Maps but I found reviews are heavily monitored. You only get about 40 visible reviews to the general public then the rest do not display. Traffic is hit or miss and not often up to date. I use to rely on it for commuting but found it to be not up to date with reality. Several times it displays red lines in areas with thick traffic and that's normal. Other times it should be red lined but it displays green. I notice they're starting to add construction lane closures and it's really not helpful. On more than one occasion I went way out of my way to avoid these streets only to find out they had one lane closed that direction not the entire street. The times are off as well. Most closures don't disappear until noon when in reality it's by 7 am for rush hour. Customer service isn't that helpful. You just keep getting redirected through their endless help website.

valeriag6
1/22/18

GOOGLE MAP ES EL BUSCADOR POR EXCELENCIA. MARCA LOS LUGARES HISTORICOS, FARMACIA, GASOLINERAS, IGLESIAS, TE UBICA SIN LUGAR A DUDAS AL LUGAR DONDE UNO SE DIRIGE. ESTARIA BUENO ALGUNA QUE OTRA ACTUALIZACION DE VEZ EN CUANDO PERO ES EXCELENTE

sandyr82
1/11/18

If it weren't for Google Maps, we'd all be lost, all the time, and paper maps would still be a thing. Thank you for this Google, please keep it going better and better, so here's your Google Maps review!

carlose27
12/5/17

Are you looking for a gasoline station or a restaurant? Have you been curious about a place you want to visit? Google Maps has reviews from mostly real people who write about their experiences about a company or a place to visit. If you had a good or a bad experience at a store, this is a good place to tell about it.
Google Maps does have its problems. They censor things sometimes with no clear reason.

junea18
10/9/17

Maps are fine however GPS is not always right. Many time I have been directed out of my way using up costly time.. driven into gravel pits. Been lost in the back roads. That shouldn't happen.

matthewc100
7/28/17

I listed my business there and they set up a street-view for it pointing at my neighbour's shed! What the heck? At least they didn't mix up the address... I tried calling them but their lines are always busy.

kimberleyl3
4/20/17

I love google maps. It not only gives you directions but you can see the surrounding area to get a better idea of what is around

nicholek1
12/27/16

First, the app really really drains my battery power, especially when in navigation mode. I use it mostly for walking directions as I'm no driver and it's so frustrating to have like 20% charge left after navigating around several blocks. Second, walking directions keep improving but it's sometimes the case that Google Maps directs you to a certain address via routes that are unaccessible on foot. On the other hand, Street View is a great feature.

donf41
12/13/16

Not only is this sophomoric application dysfunctional and dangerous (telling you to turn left, then rapidly saying turn right within 1/4 of a second) it has NO HISTORY.

This is infuriating when you've found a bank and want to come back the next day. As an example, I was within a block of the wells fargo I needed, but Google Maps ap directed me to every other location but the one I needed.

Finally after wasting an hour and ruining my day, I came home, looked it up on Google Maps on my PC, and Wham! There it was! Maybe 1000 yards from where I was looking.

This inane program (or ap as they call it) needs to be shut down and the entire development staff sent to Yahoo! or somewhere else. It is not only an embarrassment to the stellar Google brand, it's dangerous and frankly such a liability I could sue if I were in an accident, depsite the disclaimers.

It is defective, terrible, and stupid. Exactly the opposite of Google.

Delete the ap and fire the developers. Thank you. I'm switching to another ap right now. You lost this one Google. Bye.

ginnyd2
8/17/16

The dynamics of Google Maps can't be overstated. In addition to being a great source for getting directions and viewing where something anywhere is located, it's ability to allow the viewer to travel from a site is phenomenal.

I saw a Bing homepage image of a site in Ireland. I was curious about what lies beyond. So I looked up the address of a storefront that was on the image, located it in Google Maps, and proceed to travel for a few miles. It was like driving down the road in another country and seeing how life really is. You can do this with anything ~ try Venice or the South of France and presto, you're right in the midst of things and you set to see not only what is promoted in a picture, but a real understanding of the geography which helps you draw conclusions about it's local citizens. What's great about this experience is you can custom tailor it to virtually any place you want ~ except North Korea which isn't exactly vacation land.

djfemmiej
7/14/16

Google maps does not update the service therefore if you ask for no highway it still sends you to highways they need to have a local view also the service does not list the closest location first - the time to get there is off and the voice recorder feature does not work street numbers are incorrect - trucks come to my job every day because google does not list the correct building across the street if someone calls u on the phone it interupts the service and does not redirect the map it is very bad if you are near a highway and you are looking for local roads example my street address is Monroe yet Google lists it as East Brunswick it needs to concentrate on local traffic and offer a complete different view for highways helpful but after being redirected you get there faster asking someone who lives in the area. Great once you get relatively close to your destination.

msn2
8/15/15

Google Maps used to be so good. But lately they have introduced new HORRIBLE nonfunctionality , with the new "cutesy" nervewracking features and removing good old smooth reliable ones. WE NEED GOOD BASIC USABILITY and features that actually work for us.
It looks like google's big bubble of stock value will probably fall soon, imo. Because people will all get sick and tired of using their maps as it becomes a big headache sometimes.
Now you can't even click and zoom any more, if you try that those stupid search boxes come down and cover the page. Things just don't work any more, and lots of other awful new changes that are a real headache. They lost a lot of their good reliable functionality.
Don't they know that you can't irritate people's nervous system with evil nasty bad little qwirky sh*t that just frazzles your nerves, and still be the go-to mapping site??? how many psych episodes do they really want to set off, how many strokes and heart attacks do they really wanna give people trying to use this stupid unnerving POS new system?

that said, google earth or satellite mode is ok for some things, but have to give up quickly due to the nervewracking part of it. the street level views are useful. so they get one star.

wendyk7
6/3/15

It is about time a salon provides hair cuts for curly hair. I am so happy with my Ouidad cut! Brenda even explained to me how she works with the curl and how I can make the best of it!

Thank You, Rainbow room, for helping me work with my curly hair. It is changing my life for the better!

francoisep
4/3/13

My very first step before traveling. Google map is THE site I use to chose the best way to go...

chrisj34
3/10/13

I really like Google Maps. I have an Android phone, and I use Google Maps to find the best bus route whenever I need it. It is highly easy to use and free.

alexanderg8
11/10/12

I have to say that I use this site often when I travel. I know Google doesn't have everything mapped out but they are dang there close!! Very useful!!

md5
11/4/11

Very disappointed with many things on Google Maps. I use it very frequently, but there's a lack of reliability in searches, and some technical inadequacies. I have a lot to write, but off the top of my head I'll name just two:

1) Many businesses fail to appear in search results even when you search by their exact names. For comparison, I did the same searches in Yelp and found what I'm looking for in the first search result.

2) The map views often don't display street names even at normal zoom levels when they should be displayed. Just the other day I was looking at a map of lower Manhattan and there were 10 different streets displayed, but only ONE was showing the street name. I dragged the map to see the name of one of the streets and I had to scroll THIRTEEN BLOCKS to finally see the name of the street. Meanwhile, the same map was cluttered with names of various businesses with tiny icons - and I'm talking about businesses that no one would ever look up!

byebyez
byebye z.
7/8/11

hello i am here : 50.263700,3.906500

come on! Travel on google map.
Welcome in my village and even closely just in front of my house!

johnh47
5/2/11

View anywhere in the world easily.
Google maps is the best mapping site on the web by a long way. The results are very reliable and accurate. You can search by town, street name country or just click on the map and go there.
The street view function is superb. Look at your own house, or any street in Britain.
Overall - you can't beat it.

gavinw
6/24/10

I'm surprised I'm first on this one. Maybe it's because everyone already uses and agrees that it's simply the best mapping service there is out there. And I'm continually amazed by the new features Google keeps bringing out like streetview. Keep up the good work Googlers!

They are for sure legit. They are helpful in may ways.

By Eva L.
Questions? Get answers from the Google Maps staff and other customers.

Google Maps?