Review of Nochex

Tel: 0113 819 7211
support@nochex.com

colinm137
12/10/18

In my experience, they have been accessible and helpful. They have always found a solution for our business, often at times when other payment processors couldn't or wouldn't help. Peter was particularly helpful at explaining complex issues in very simple and easy to understand language. We've had no issues.

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Thank you for your kind review, Colin. We are glad you found us so helpful!
iones5
12/7/18

Easy and successful. Nothing more to say really as it was so easy. It was an online payment. It went through.

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Thank you for review Ione, your honest feedback is appreciated.
nguyenc2
11/30/18

Nochex does not protect customers. They co-operate with the fraud group.
Be careful if you see nochex on the payment should stay away.

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Hello Nguyen, if you are a customer of Nochex you should contact our Customer Support team and we will do our best to help you. Our email address is support@nochex.com or call 0113 819 7211. If you have a customer of Nochex it would really help if you could describe your experience.
jessicab567
11/12/18

When I went to collect my order the restaurant advised I had not paid but I had the email to confirm I had paid

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Hello Jessica, if you would like to contact our Customer Support team we will do our best to help you. Our email address is support@nochex.com or call 0113 819 7211.
wh38
11/8/18

Great service, great product. Only scammers are bad merchants not Nochex!! Many bad reviews are from disgruntled customers.

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to let us know about your experience of using Nochex!
mrk68
11/6/18

RIP OFF SCAM OUTFIT - CLOSED MY MERCHANT ACCOUNT (REFUSE TO GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION WHY) NOW TOLD I WILL NOT BE GIVEN MY MONEY FOR 180 DAYS - AVOID THESE SCAMMERS

alexanderd76
10/19/18

We had account with them for around 10 years, normally we have used Nochex payment gateway as alternative method of payment (additional payment option for customers) and that particular business became less active. A couple days ago tried to access account and discovered that they did temporary suspended our account for inactivity. Ok, thought to open a ticket to investigate the issue as we never ever received anything in communication about it.

Via ticket found out the following:
- they did temporary suspended our account for inactivity;
- they did emptied account due to inactivity as we had some money left;

We have never had any notification or any update of terms and conditions!

Without any notification they did temporary suspended our account? Without any notification emptied account? How it's possible if this guys are regulated by FCA in UK? If they do regulated by FCA how fair is it?

My recommendation is beware of Nochex scam company!

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Hello Alex and thank you for your review. It sounds as if your account was inactive for an extended period of time and that you were charged for this. Nochex discourages merchants from retaining large sums in their accounts as we incur charges for continuing to monitor and manage these accounts on behalf of clients. Our terms are very clear about the charges we make when funds are retained in an account that otherwise ceases to be used. If you believe that you were not made aware of our terms, please contact our customer support team and they will investigate this for you.
andym198
6/21/18

Be very careful before using this company. They have taken over 2000 of our customers money and refuse to release it, give any reason why they will not release it, give any timescale as to when, if ever they will release it. Read on-line reviews. Not to be trusted

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Andy, it sounds as if you may have been doing something dishonest and your funds were put on hold. This would explain why no explanation was provided. A more useful review by yourself might explain what you were doing to get yourself into this position.
ab286
5/19/18

Report to the police and to your bank as soon as you can to recover all your money.

Denunciar los hechos a la policía y a vuestro banco de inmediato para recuperar vuestro dinero.

stuartr40
5/13/18

This payment service is being used by some very deceptive and dishonest websites. If they had any interest in protecting the people making payments they would not be providing services to these websites. Having Nochex as a payment provider and not someone more well known is a sign of a disreputable website. Avoid them!

alanc90
2/16/17

A quick google of nochex will tell you they accept payments for a fraudulent company and even with proof that fraud is being committed ,they do not get involved cause the are profiting from it.I have reported both companys to the powers that be including visa and asa,just waiting to hear back,had to go to my bank to claim back the money that was processed by nochex but as you can see from the other reviews they speak for the selves

You respond here but not on twitter???

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Hi Cowboy Ted, we don't seem to have a customer by your name. If you let us know who you are we can investigate this for you. Best wishes, the Nochex team.
dazh1
3/24/16

Poor customer service, failed to follow to act in compliance with card scheme rules which meant customers are able to commit friendly fraud with ease, you will loose a chargeback even if you have invoices, IPs, addresses, phone numbers, device info, delivery tracking, delivery location GPS, even telephone conversation from customer saying they received the order and all the goods, a problem with the Nochex payment page lead the customer to believe the transaction had failed when it had not. Nochex failed to defend dispute properly resulting in loss of goods and money, had to report to police and report customer for theft as Nochex refused to follow card scheme rules correctly. After taking the issue to the financial ombudsman Nochex paid compensation and were found at fault.

IF YOU RUN A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OR ARE WANTING TO YOU SHOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NOCHEX UNDER AN CIRCUMSTANCES!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT CONSIDER USING NOCHEX AS A MERCHANT OR PAYING CUSTOMER.

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
This is a lie.
lucianah1
12/29/15

I order some cards on birdplayingcards.com and that company and nochex robe me!! Do not order from this company and do not make any payments through nochex!!!

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Hi Luciana, can you send us your email address so that we can investigate this for you? Our email address is marketing@nochex.com
gemzl
11/18/15

This company have stolen over £200from me they said it was inactive which is a lie as a customer paid me on 16th of Nov 2015
I got an email saying my account was frozen for inactivity
And then * has said my balance is £0 total lie I'm going to be speaking to my solicitor and the police Iv got screen shots and evidence of my balance

*personal info redacted

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Hello Gemz L., can you send me your email address so that I can investigate this for you? My email address is marketing@nochex.com
peterl80
2/1/15

I have been a Nochex user for over four years and would wish to reassure anyone reading here. The company has been going since 2001 and helps online businesses to accept card payments. If you need to contact Nochex there is a telephone number on their website here http://www.nochex.com/contact-us/; alternatively, you can use a link from the same page to open a support ticket and the company usually responds within one or two business days. During working hours you can also contact the company via Live Chat', which is available on the website.

It is worth noting that you do not need to open an account with Nochex in order to make a payment.

If you have a website and you want to sell online, then you do need to open an account with Nochex. There are a number of different accounts depending on the type of service you need: there is the standard merchant account for e-commerce and there are accounts for receiving payments over the telephone and for accepting recurring payments. You can find out more about these accounts and all Nochex' services from their website here http://www.nochex.com/.

Response from Robert G., Nochex Representative
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your review.
robertj61
1/16/15

I made a payment to a company called Line Products ltd. My payment was somehow redirected thru Nochex, a company I had never heard of. I assumed it be the way payments were made to line products. I made a number of purchases from ' line products' and all seemed to be ok. Now it appears 'line products are in difficulty, I am awaiting an o/s order. when I try to contact Nochex and submit a complaint/claim I am unable to log in and put my problem to them.
It would appear that you have to register with them, giving them all my bank details etc. Why was I never asked to do this before they took my first payment. When I try to click on the Nochex 'links' they supplied with my payments , they come up as 'Blocked'. seems to be some kind of blocking tactic employed by 'nochex' to stop people from contacting them.. So beware people if the name 'Nochex' appears , steer well clear ( this also applies to 'Line Products'

Tip for consumers: Nochex intervened on my behalf and line products promised a refund, however I do not appear to have received the refund yet. When I do I will let you know

Response from Alistair M., Nochex Representative
Hello Robert,

I am sorry you have not received your goods. Don't worry, there is no need to register with Nochex or give us your bank details in order to claim a refund. Have you tried contacting Line Products?

If you have had no response from Line Products please email the details of your order to support@nochex.com explaining what has happened and my colleague will be able to assist you with your order.

- Ali

Questions? Get answers from the Nochex staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Nochex