Review of NitroTek

company@nitrotek.co.uk

18 reviews with 3 stars

davidl1398
9/8/19

Website is well laid out I am new to rc Vehicles and could find exactly what I wanted easy enough. I gave all 3 stars to this because it also had a rc car I can build from scratch.
I marked 3 stars because I ordered without creating an account which wasn't very clear as I thought id have to make an account before my purchase any way, maybe partly my fault as well for getting carried away with what I was ordering with all the excitement, but when asking if the loyalty points of my purchase could be added to my newly created account after purchase they told me they unfortunately they couldn't add them.
I am ready to spend more cash and have a lot I would have liked to purchase but have been put off slightly due to the after purchase/sales and the slow replies from the help only being online. The tracking number I was given didn't work and felt a bit in the dark about my purchase. Reading some reviews made me a bit paranoid. All that said I am sure they can improve this and think I would order again from Nitrotek especially if they have what I need!
My Order #130012497

maxb120
4/24/19

Great car for a beginner not very fast and easily controlled well built can handle being bumped and rolled. Battery life is short about ten minutes or less if going hard.
My problems started when I was some how charged for postage, its free for the amount I spent. They refused to refund saying it was my fault for paying it in the first place.

Tip for consumers: Check that the total price is right before you buy

johnk1273
4/22/19

Can't give review right now can't get no answers I ordered it 3 days ago and I can't get anyone to tell me when it is going to be shipped I live in the us

darrels15
12/12/18

Order #100066564 . helpful sales people on their UK landline phone number , but understand that after sales support is not available over the phone.

simonk65
11/30/18

I received a nano wasp skartec looking at the canopy body totally ripped apart next step email them what on earth did you send me ,sthing else s well ,how irritating is to not be able to talk to a person in general ,I'll update you later on what a let down

jamesd775
11/25/18

My item my mate brough for me has not come yet he done the transation but i paid him and u have not answed his emails his name is ben simmons #100065701 is my oreder number

paulh661
11/22/18

Box turned up battered, internal one wasn't to bad and product was ok but a shame as this was a present.

brendanm51
9/8/18

Great deals but very slow to dispatch,when ordered said next day delivery online?, this is a gift so a little disappointed seen as its my first ever order, some great reviews and looking forward to hearing off the team to confirm my order is on its way!!... One very excited little boy(and dad)

thomasf123
4/30/18

The site is quite difficult to use. The search filtering is quite outdated. What would have been amazing is a list of parts listed via the buggy listing. I realise its a big complicated site, but a slightly tweaked IA would make the world of difference for a noob like me (as my kids would say :-)

juliand26
2/28/18

1. I really, really don't like that a full password for my new account with Nitro Tek was shown ***in full*** on an incoming email without warning - and people often use passwords for more than one site, making that potentially a $#*!-up of huge proportions.
2. If ringing for after sales service, you get put onto a sort of 'read the website/automated service' type phone message. Whereas if you are ringing to make and order you get through to a human rather quickly - I haven't any call for after sales service (I hope), but this handling of customers gave me a bad image of the company right from the start. Had I not been in a hurry I'd have looked elsewhere for the product. Testing after sales access before I buy is my usual way of vetting a company before ordering. I like to deal with humans.
3. Naming a price on a UK website without including VAT (such that pricerunner etc that then picks it up at the untaxed price) is a nasty trick to get people to your site. I'm not actually sure it's legal when offering goods for sale retail, but either way it's poor practice - yes it got my custom this time, but given a choice of anywhere else subsequently with similar prices, I'd probably buy elsewhere just on principle now.
4. When ordering it is not immediately clear what the postage price will be: I filled in a lot of info and made an order before it was refused when I clicked 'purchase', only to find the reason was that I had not been offered the postal service choices so the price was not yet made inclusive (as I later worked out after ringing/being confused by the refusal and what may have happened). So I had to do it all again and found that £6 plus was being added postage (plus VAT on postage, too). I wouldn't have been loath to pay that, but would have liked that, or a price example at least, up front.
5. A 'pick up free' service is offered - great, but it's not immediately clear which one it is/how extensive it is, so that one can see straightaway whether it's one I would use by choice or not, though it becomes clear later in the ordering process.
6. In the payment section it asks for 'credit card payment' or PayPal.. great, but when one prefers to use a debit card, one wonders if such is accepted...so why not (quite reasonably) entitle the section "credit/debit cards" or "card payment" so it's immediately obvious, or at least not more or less contra-indicated?
7. You get offered £5 for a review, take the time to write a considered review, then find that you have to sign up for Sitejabber.. what that spies on, aims at me, how intrusive or not it is or not is an unknown, but I certainly was not expecting that kind of crap for my £5 - no advance warning. I'd never have done it had I known, but I'll post this to warn others - just lost another star there NitroTek... very poor!

Tip for consumers: Great price, fast service, there's a professionality about the business, but worrying after sales attitude and some seemingly "to sharp, too smart for their own good" business practice. I wouldn't say don't use them, and probably would again, but I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open for competitors.

malcolmf22
1/19/18

Item ordered on a Friday wasn't delivered until the following Wednesday, an item ordered from another suplier at the same time was delivered on Saturday morning..!! also..you never get the promised email voucher..!! i know where my business will be going in the future..!!! #10005794 and #100045994

shanep38
12/30/17

Fairly priced good email response need to up there Stock Overall not that bad Could do with a better layout of their website still works though

hannahd36
12/5/17

My order 300016767 has just been delivered, and I am fuming with the way its been packaged. The box was open and in a right mess the actual parcel has marks on the box, considering Ive just spent almost £100 its a disgrace. I will be checking the product later and any issues it will be coming straight back

ashw87
8/4/17

The actual sales side is quick and efficient and goods are delivered on time and as promised. The after-sales leaves much to be desired. Had issues with orders and it took the senior management to get involved to rectify and resolve. In the end, I got the result that I wanted, albeit being left with a sour taste. I will not be returning. My advice to Nitrotek: treat a customer as you would like to be treated yourself. In the end.......the customer has a lot more clout than you'd like to think.

erkls
11/12/16

If models is what you're after, this place is great. Check out this site if you're looking for parts for a model airplane, model cars or related stuff. The shop is a little on the pricier side but they run lots of discounts

diegos19
8/23/16

They recently helped me resolve an issue with one of the multi-rotors I purchased. It came from the factory defective. Rather than just give me the 0800 number to the manufacturer they helped me reach an excellent resolution.

danc81
10/13/15

Um, this is my favorite place in the world. Always a good browse that
brings me back to my childhood. Excellent shop if you need a gift
particularly if the person you are purchasing if fanatical about a
particular R/C model or spare part.

rickyc12
5/19/15

If you are a model builder or a kid of any size you might want to check out the Nitrotek. rc planes and rc helis, this is a super place to have your needs fulfilled. This store has a wide variety of model building

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

11 Photos for NitroTek