NitroTek

NitroTek has a consumer rating of 4.06 stars from 571 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NitroTek also ranks 1st among Remote Control Cars sites.

• No complaints or improvements necessary, clear and easy to use website there's really nothing more to say.
  • It is terrific to have a hobby shop like Nitrotek in town.

• Arguments back and forth ensued, but their customer service has been terrible.
  • I bought my son a rc car from nitro tec last christmas.
How would you rate NitroTek?

“Ebike um”

Dave P.
2/18/20

Bought a Zipper ebike from Nitrotek in October. Arrived on time, easy to assemble and I absolutely loved it, used it most days for fun and for avoiding horrendous parking charges in town. Only downside was someone else also loved it - enough to steal it from my garage. They could've stolen my Jag or my motorbike but no, the Zipper was more appealing. I've just ordered a replacement - when it arrives I'll sleep with it under my pillow so this one doesn't get stolen.

“Poor, poor, poor”

K C.
2/26/20

Ref:130018177 Ref: 130018177 Easy web site to navigate. Was happy with transaction. Just needed it to be delivered so had to review again as delivery wasn't as smooth as online purchase.....Not so happy now. Fuel provided leaked from an apparently sealed bottle all over everything in box. Drove once with 1/10 scale model and its never started again. Contacted this company but no joy, loads of replies but no mention of getting it sorted. Internet only company. No customer service to talk to. One needs to email everything but gets no real positive responses. Made me feel like I did something wrong. I will never recommend or use this lot ever again. Most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased yet. STAY AWAY! Go to a real model RC shop, deal with real people face to face.

customer service (54) rc car (64) use website (11) trading standards (13) hobby shop (11) sons birthday (8) day delivery (8) excellent service (15) rc toys (8) order number (37) claims court (7) company (94)
maxb120
April 24th, 2019
Great car for a beginner not very fast and easily controlled well built can handle being bumped and rolled. Battery life is short about ten minutes or less if going hard.
My problems started when I was some how charged for postage, its free for the amount I spent. They refused to refund saying it was my fault for paying it in the first place.

Tip for consumers: Check that the total price is right before you buy

simonk65
November 30th, 2018
I received a nano wasp skartec looking at the canopy body totally ripped apart next step email them what on earth did you send me ,sthing else s well ,how irritating is to not be able to talk to a person in general ,I'll update you later on what a let down
davidl1398
September 8th, 2019
Website is well laid out I am new to rc Vehicles and could find exactly what I wanted easy enough. I gave all 3 stars to this because it also had a rc car I can build from scratch.
I marked 3 stars because I ordered without creating an account which wasn't very clear as I thought id have to make an account before my purchase any way, maybe partly my fault as well for getting carried away with what I was ordering with all the excitement, but when asking if the loyalty points of my purchase could be added to my newly created account after purchase they told me they unfortunately they couldn't add them.
I am ready to spend more cash and have a lot I would have liked to purchase but have been put off slightly due to the after purchase/sales and the slow replies from the help only being online. The tracking number I was given didn't work and felt a bit in the dark about my purchase. Reading some reviews made me a bit paranoid. All that said I am sure they can improve this and think I would order again from Nitrotek especially if they have what I need!
My Order #130012497
johnk1273
April 22nd, 2019
Can't give review right now can't get no answers I ordered it 3 days ago and I can't get anyone to tell me when it is going to be shipped I live in the us
brendanm51
September 8th, 2018
Great deals but very slow to dispatch,when ordered said next day delivery online?, this is a gift so a little disappointed seen as its my first ever order, some great reviews and looking forward to hearing off the team to confirm my order is on its way!!... One very excited little boy(and dad)
juliand26
February 28th, 2018
1. I really, really don't like that a full password for my new account with Nitro Tek was shown ***in full*** on an incoming email without warning - and people often use passwords for more than one site, making that potentially a $#*!-up of huge proportions.
2. If ringing for after sales service, you get put onto a sort of 'read the website/automated service' type phone message. Whereas if you are ringing to make and order you get through to a human rather quickly - I haven't any call for after sales service (I hope), but this handling of customers gave me a bad image of the company right from the start. Had I not been in a hurry I'd have looked elsewhere for the product. Testing after sales access before I buy is my usual way of vetting a company before ordering. I like to deal with humans.
3. Naming a price on a UK website without including VAT (such that pricerunner etc that then picks it up at the untaxed price) is a nasty trick to get people to your site. I'm not actually sure it's legal when offering goods for sale retail, but either way it's poor practice - yes it got my custom this time, but given a choice of anywhere else subsequently with similar prices, I'd probably buy elsewhere just on principle now.
4. When ordering it is not immediately clear what the postage price will be: I filled in a lot of info and made an order before it was refused when I clicked 'purchase', only to find the reason was that I had not been offered the postal service choices so the price was not yet made inclusive (as I later worked out after ringing/being confused by the refusal and what may have happened). So I had to do it all again and found that £6 plus was being added postage (plus VAT on postage, too). I wouldn't have been loath to pay that, but would have liked that, or a price example at least, up front.
5. A 'pick up free' service is offered - great, but it's not immediately clear which one it is/how extensive it is, so that one can see straightaway whether it's one I would use by choice or not, though it becomes clear later in the ordering process.
6. In the payment section it asks for 'credit card payment' or PayPal.. great, but when one prefers to use a debit card, one wonders if such is accepted...so why not (quite reasonably) entitle the section "credit/debit cards" or "card payment" so it's immediately obvious, or at least not more or less contra-indicated?
7. You get offered £5 for a review, take the time to write a considered review, then find that you have to sign up for Sitejabber.. what that spies on, aims at me, how intrusive or not it is or not is an unknown, but I certainly was not expecting that kind of crap for my £5 - no advance warning. I'd never have done it had I known, but I'll post this to warn others - just lost another star there NitroTek... very poor!

Tip for consumers: Great price, fast service, there's a professionality about the business, but worrying after sales attitude and some seemingly "to sharp, too smart for their own good" business practice. I wouldn't say don't use them, and probably would again, but I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open for competitors.

ashw87
August 4th, 2017
The actual sales side is quick and efficient and goods are delivered on time and as promised. The after-sales leaves much to be desired. Had issues with orders and it took the senior management to get involved to rectify and resolve. In the end, I got the result that I wanted, albeit being left with a sour taste. I will not be returning. My advice to Nitrotek: treat a customer as you would like to be treated yourself. In the end.......the customer has a lot more clout than you'd like to think.
darrels15
December 12th, 2018
Order #100066564 . helpful sales people on their UK landline phone number , but understand that after sales support is not available over the phone.
malcolmf22
January 19th, 2018
Item ordered on a Friday wasn't delivered until the following Wednesday, an item ordered from another suplier at the same time was delivered on Saturday morning..!! also..you never get the promised email voucher..!! i know where my business will be going in the future..!!! #10005794 and #100045994
thomasf123
April 30th, 2018
The site is quite difficult to use. The search filtering is quite outdated. What would have been amazing is a list of parts listed via the buggy listing. I realise its a big complicated site, but a slightly tweaked IA would make the world of difference for a noob like me (as my kids would say :-)
paulh661
November 22nd, 2018
Box turned up battered, internal one wasn't to bad and product was ok but a shame as this was a present.
jamesd775
November 25th, 2018
My item my mate brough for me has not come yet he done the transation but i paid him and u have not answed his emails his name is ben simmons #100065701 is my oreder number
hannahd36
December 5th, 2017
My order 300016767 has just been delivered, and I am fuming with the way its been packaged. The box was open and in a right mess the actual parcel has marks on the box, considering Ive just spent almost £100 its a disgrace. I will be checking the product later and any issues it will be coming straight back
shanep38
December 30th, 2017
Fairly priced good email response need to up there Stock Overall not that bad Could do with a better layout of their website still works though
diegos19
August 23rd, 2016
They recently helped me resolve an issue with one of the multi-rotors I purchased. It came from the factory defective. Rather than just give me the 0800 number to the manufacturer they helped me reach an excellent resolution.
erkls
November 12th, 2016
If models is what you're after, this place is great. Check out this site if you're looking for parts for a model airplane, model cars or related stuff. The shop is a little on the pricier side but they run lots of discounts
danc81
October 13th, 2015
Um, this is my favorite place in the world. Always a good browse that
brings me back to my childhood. Excellent shop if you need a gift
particularly if the person you are purchasing if fanatical about a
particular R/C model or spare part.
rickyc12
May 19th, 2015
If you are a model builder or a kid of any size you might want to check out the Nitrotek. rc planes and rc helis, this is a super place to have your needs fulfilled. This store has a wide variety of model building

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.
See more answers (9)

Avoid! If anything is wrong with it, you'll get every excuse under the sun for them to deal with it. Plus you#ll have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal btw, pay for the inspection and pay for the return postage! I've been waiting 6 weeks to get my money back for a car that was sent back faulty

By Barry S.
See more answers (4)

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K.,

Is it genuine

THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY I'VE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I was well within the 14 day refund period but they have totally ignored the refund request I entered on their website. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY BY TELEPHONE!! It is a case of what you purchased from them, you are on your own to repair or in my case LOOSE £479.00!!

By Rich W.

You will have to go through their bull$#*! fresh desk email system which is just an excuse to give you the run-around for the next two or three months during which time you get so pissed off (which is what they are counting on) or you up the anti with a "letter before action" (google it!) and threaten to take them to the small claims court which is the only reason I got a refund. I was still down about fifteen quid for postage costs that they never refunded but I cut my losses and ran. Now I just badmouth them every chance I get so people will stay away from them. Good luck, you'll need it!"

By R B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

Find a big range of petrol, electric and nitro RC cars, planes and radio controlled helicopters with free UK next day delivery and the lowest prices guaranteed.

laurenk46
Lauren K.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NitroTek?

Have a question about NitroTek?